Start by marking “Son of Venice (Daughter of Xanadu, #2)” as Want to Read:
Son of Venice (Daughter of Xanadu, #2)

Son of Venice

(Daughter of Xanadu #2)

Sequel to Daughter of Xanadu, this novel continues the story of Marco Polo and Emmajin, granddaughter of Khubilai Khan, after the Great Khan sends her on a voyage to the West.
Published June 12th 2012 by East West Insights (first published May 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Son of Venice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Son of Venice

Start your review of Son of Venice (Daughter of Xanadu, #2)
Norelle Done
Jun 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Son of Venice picks up a few months after Daughter of Xanadu (it's prequel) ended. Marco Polo and Emmajin are preparing to head west toward Venice with the Khan’s army, when Marco hears an ominous foretelling of their journey from a local shaman. Where Daughter of Xanadu was told in Emmajin’s voice, Son of Venice alternates between her and Marco Polo as narrators, creating an interesting dynamic.

Plot: Son of Venice really is a sequel book. The plot could totally stand alone, but readers wouldn’t
Jillian
**Minor spoilers**
I generally save one star for books I abandon entirely, without finishing them. I almost quit reading at about 25%, but I pushed through, then skimmed that last couple chapters.

Given what transpired in this book, the ending, and where it is going, I have absolutely no desire to continue this series. I don't care what happens to either Marco or Emmajin.

I know what this book was trying to do, particularly because the author kept comparing the story to Tristan and Isolde and other
Ag
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Онцгүй л дууслаа. Үүний дараа өөр боть гарахаар л шинжтэй.

Төмөр минь овоо доо...

Насрин л урвах юм шиг, эцсийн мөчид хорлох юм шиг санагдаад бсан. Гэртээ үлдэхгүй, дүүтэйгээ буцахгүй Марког дагаад явахад нь л нэг юм итгэлээ. Марког дагуулахгүй чанга, ухаалаг байсан даа. Яаж монголчуудад хамагаа алдчихаад монгол эзэнд үнэнч зүтгэж, монгол залууд дурлаж, түүний төлөө амиа золин явж чадаж байна аа.

Ай-Жариук ёстой ойлгомжгүй ээ... Ямартаа ч огт таалагдсангүй... Гүэ нээрээ эр хүн шиг... Бараг тэр дээр
Cass -  Words on Paper
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like Daughter of Xanadu was like this really rare gem, and I've been giddy about the prospect of a sequel since Dori first announced it. And now there's a cover, a title, and a release date!

My only question now is HOW CAN I GET A COPY?

WHYYYYYYY AMAZON ONLY? :'( I WILL find a way to obtain this. I must!
Joan
May 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Son of Venice, the sequel to Daughter of Xanadu, takes the reader on a fascinating trek west along the Silk Road with Emmajin (the fictional granddaughter of Khubilai Khan) and Marco Polo. I thoroughly enjoyed this creative tale of a forbidden cross-cultural romance. Having the chapters alternate between Marco’s and Emmajin’s perspectives added an interesting element to the story. The exciting and believable plot transports the reader into the Mongolian culture of the thirteenth century. I highl ...more
Dori
Jun 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Hope you love this sequel to Daughter of Xanadu! Every other chapter is told in the point of view of the romantic young Marco Polo and Emmajin, fictional granddaughter of Khubilai Khan.
Mohamad Titi
Aug 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Well written, the mix between reality and fiction in this book is amazing. I loved the story, style and the historical facts mixed in this book.
Ulziikhishig Davaasuren
Бид амьдарна. Бид бас арга олно.
Martha
Rebecca Barquero
Jul 21, 2012
Sue
Jul 23, 2012
Author of eight books, including a memoir, When the Red Gates Opened: A Memoir of China's Reawakening, about her personal experiences as a reporter covering China.
Also author of Daughter of Xanadu, a historical novel set in China in the time of Marco Polo, and The Secret Voice of Gina Zhang, about a Chinese immigrant girl in Seattle.
A former Business Week correspondent in Hong Kong, Dori co-auth

Daughter of Xanadu (2 books)
  • Daughter of Xanadu (Daughter of Xanadu #1)