Start by marking “Gravitational Attraction” as Want to Read:
Gravitational Attraction

Gravitational Attraction (The ESTO Universe)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  1,377 Ratings  ·  234 Reviews
A mysterious distress call draws the crew of the Hermes to what appears to be an empty, drifting ship. Empty that is, except for the blood and gore-spattered corridors and one lone survivor locked in a holding cell. Drawn to the handsome, traumatized man, the crew's comm officer, Isaac Ozawa, makes Turk his personal responsibility, offering him the kindness and warmth he n ...more
ebook, 1st Edition, 419 pages
Published February 25th 2012 by Silver Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Gravitational Attraction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gravitational Attraction

Shin Mon Thway
This was a solid 4 stars read for me. Lots of angst and raw emotions yet enticing and beautiful. There’s one thing I don’t understand about this book though. While it’s showing only about 270 pages here in GR, it’s actually described as 596 pages on Amazon and I think the latter is true. This is a bit too long for merely over 200 pages count. Ok .. enough blubbering and here comes the review. 😁

Issac is a former Altarian pilot. In this universe, the pilots are implanted with symbionts in their br
Julio Genao
Sep 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
This review sucks.

"Nicely-done, with really good flashes of elegance, and of nuance."

That's all this review says.

Like that even means anything.

©2013 JAG ALL RIGHTS RESERVED NO PORTION OF THIS REVIEW MAY BE REUSED OR RETRANSMITTED WITHOUT EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION YOU SHADY MOTHERFUCKERS
Kaje Harper
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, scifi
4.5 stars. This is a science fiction/romance with a nice amount of plot, but the emphasis is definitely on the romance. It begins as a fairly conventional smaller-damaged-man (Isaac) and larger-strong-love-interest (Turk) romance. But the setting and plot are imaginative and fast-moving, and the dynamics of the relationship do shift and become more interesting over the course of the story. There is a fated-mate component, driving the speed with which the two men fall for each other. That's a tro ...more
LenaLena
Mar 21, 2012 marked it as dnf-bitches
Shelves: mm, science-fiction
Not going to finish this. Big Gorgeous Uber-Alpha with a gentle soul and Small Beautiful Wounded Heart Beta whom everybody just adores. Everybody is good and honorable and understanding, except the one token bad guy who wants to ruthlessly exploit Big Gorgeous Uber-Alpha for his special mind powers. All the good peoples are just shocked by any use of violence and thankfully even the fighter pilot working for the evil Admiral escapes his plane just before BGUA is forced to rip it to shreds with h ...more
Vivian
Mar 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: prize, romance-scifi
Tricked. Bamboozled, I tell you. *grunts*

The beginning of this book is so dark and gritty that I felt a delightful shiver rundown my spine.
The numbers and symbols flashing across his internal display didn't keep him from seeing the gore strewn about the corridors, as if some gruesome human abattoir had suffered a catastrophic explosion.

Hello. I am so ready for this twisted tale to unfold. But what began in the pitch black ends with rainbows and sunshine O_o

I loved the characters. All of them
Gigi

As much as I adore Science Fiction in television (Star Trek! SG1!) and films (Star Wars! Star Trek!) I'm not a huge fan of SciFi M/M romance. I've only read a handful and other than the F.I.S.T.S. series, they haven't done a whole lot for me.

Gravitation Attraction has been on my must read classics list for years. I finally read my copy (the original version I bought from Silver Publishing, those bastards) and really enjoyed it!

While I was expecting an outer-space adventure, this was rea
Katerina
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ariana and Elena.
Recommended to Katerina by: Paul
“How many stars does night sew into her blanket? Can you count them? Can you count them? One to sweep day’s dust away, one to call the moons to play….”

This book had everything. It was exciting, had a beautiful love story and held its excellent standards from start to finish. A book which captivates you from the first page and which can not be put down anymore.
An all time favorite of mine and a book that I will read again later.

Paul's review speaks out of my heart. Thanks, Paul, that I found th
Serena Yates
Jan 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay
Wow! This is an amazing sci-fi story that swept me away into a world of crooked fleet officers, men valiantly fighting for their freedom and the right not to become ‘experiments’, and an alien race that has a very interesting way of looking at life. The combination between a fascinating view of a potential future and hot romance between men I quickly grew to care for was as spell-binding as the world they live in.

Isaac is a communications officer with a problem: a malfunctioning brain implant ha
Christelle
DNF at 27%, so no rating.

Right from the start, I didn’t engage in this story and found the characters and the dialogue a bit…”childish” (?!? That’s the best word I can find to express how I felt).
It had some pretty good reviews, so it must be a case of “it’s me, not the book”. However, as I keep picking it up and putting it down, it’s time for me to give up.
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
When I first started this story, I really had no idea exactly what I was getting myself into. I knew it was scifi but beyond that, I was left in the dark. What I found when I read this book was an intriguing, captivating, suspenseful and beautiful story. From the beginning I was enamored and drawn into the book, I didn't want to put it down and I ended up devouring the story so fast I was left bereft when I had nothing left to read. Not because the story lacked anything but because I just wanted ...more
Marc | Rainbow Gold Reviews
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Marc | Rainbow Gold Reviews by: TaraG
I just finished Gravitational Attraction. It really was very different than what I was expecting. Which wasn't a bad thing, though. About the first 40% of the story was a very sweet romance in a way that surprised. I thought it would be more a rakish merc and humanoid military romance, a bit more on the darker side, gritty. I mean there is a torture scene in the book, but it still is rather sweet and you get attached to those characters, especially the MCs. It's all very "comfort zone", even wit ...more
Jo
Wow just WoW..

Angel Martinez where the hell have you been... How can you have so many books out and I did not know you before this book? I love it when I discover a fantastic new author that has a good amount of back catalog for me to get lost reading for some time.

I am like some tween fangirl

description

and I get all smoopy and am practically twirling my hair and batting eyes at Ms. Martinez's work.

Which is so wrong because She writes such powerful and moving and yes in some cases dark tales. Actions hav
Shelby
Feb 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OMG FABULOUS!!! *happy dance, happy dance, happy dance!* I absolutely adored this book. Turk is just this hunk of sexy alpha male full of honor and Isaac…what can I say? The most adorable snarky bit of a bottom ever, and never once loses his man card!

Isaac has struggled since being honorably discharged for not bonding fully with his implant. But unlike other unsuccessful pairings Isaac hasn’t taken his own life. Instead he’s managed to find work working as a comms officer on a private spaceship
T.J.
May 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, as it helped me channel a bit of my inner Firefly awesome nerdiness. The world building was fantastic and Martinez has a great flair for description. The love story was wonderfully told and I liked the set up for what I assume will be a sequel.

A few things kept from being five stars, the first of which is the fact that with a fantasy world, came the requisite other-worldly languages that were quoted throughout the book. Only when I reached the end of the book was ther
SueM
4.5 stars.
This is easily my favorite of Angel Martinez's books that I have read so far. The two main characters are strong yet scarred, physically and emotionally, men, who must strive against the odds to overcome their past and present traumas to gain love and a future together. It is a pretty evenly paced novel, with lots of action and adventure nicely balanced by softer tender moments mixed with some steamy scenes. Their journey together gives them the courage to learn and accept their own fl
Kyle
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

Every time I start a M/M Romance novel I never know quite want to expect. Gravitational Attraction ended up being a very pleasant surprise. The story drew me in and held my attention for all 419 pages. The plot was well written and imaginative. I'm going to have to a serious look at other titles by this author.

I very much recommend this title to everyone. A great read!

Ariana
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Ariana by: Katerina
*4,5 stars*

I could probably count on one hand how much sci-fi romance I've read. I like sci-fi in films and was brought up with Star Trek, but for some reason this has never translated into reading books of this genre.

This, however, was pretty amazing.

The world building is nothing short of brilliant. There is such wealth of imagination and depth of detail I was bawled over with it all. I would be lying if I said I understood all the techno talk (Not sure that is the point anyway), and of course
Elena
Beautiful, beautiful story! With beautiful, romantic and brave MCs!

First, I have to tell you that Katerina spoilt me! She did! In her review, she put EXACTLY the quotes that I marked while reading. Some of the most beautiful quotes I've read. AND, what's more important, I pictured Turk and Isaac with the faces/people from her photos. My MCs were her MCs. (Because those guys from the cover? Honsetly?)

So, really, Kat, thank you! For recommending this book to me and for your great review !!!

I
Sammy Goode
Mar 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It is one thing to write a good romance novel with strong likeable characters who draw you in and create a magical relationship between you the reader and the story. It is even more rare to find that story sparking your imagination and prompting you to dwell there, making the characters come alive as if they were a part of your life. You have been drawn into the novel in a way that is most satisfying! When you find an author who does a good job in this, they are worth their weight in gold. Howev ...more
T.A. Webb
Mar 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The crew of the Hermes responds to a mysterious distress signal from a ship left drifting in space. It appears to be empty, but upon closer inspection there seems to be one possible life sign - a survivor. Isaac Ozawa, the ship's communication officer, and a team of others are sent to rescue whoever might be left alive and see if they can figure out what happened.

What Isaac finds is a bloody mess throughout the ship, and one lone man locked in a holding cell. A giant of a man whom he coaxes out
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
Welp, this started out well enough with the tension and characters with individual personalities, including humor and appropriate for the moment seriousness. The humor remained, as well as the characters, but not much of the tension, at least not for me. I think this is mostly due to the endearments and light-hearted dialogue during many of the heavier, action or battle scenes. This tended to dilute the density that should have been there.

The writing style is smooth, I like it and felt comfortab
Trisha Harrington
This was an interested sci-fi read. It's wasn't my typical read, so it was a bit strange in the beginning, but I was soon enthralled by the story. The book won't be for everyone, but I think fans of science fiction and aliens will love this. People who enjoy reading sweet romances and can read anything will love this book.

The couple were really sweet together, sometimes I was confused when Isaac would get snarky with Turk, and be all lovey dovey at the same time. If you can get past the insta-lo
Paul
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review
5 STARRY SCI-FI STARS

There is just something really special about this book, there is such a lack of M/M sci-fi which just made it even better.

I loved everything from the writing style, creative plot and all of the characters from the main characters to the lessor characters who all still had huge roles throughout this fantastic novel.

For me it was just one of those books you just didn't want to end.

When Issac Ozawa, who's been honourably discharged from the military as fighter pilot, due to a b
Serena Yates
Wow! This is an amazing science fiction story that swept me away into a world of crooked fleet officers, men valiantly fighting for their freedom and the right not to become ‘experiments’, and an alien race that has a very interesting way of looking at life. The combination of a fascinating view of a potential future and a hot romance between two men whom I quickly grew to care for was as spell-binding as the world they live in.

Isaac is a communications officer with a problem: a malfunctioning b
Don Bradshaw
Reviewed on Hearts On Fire... http://heartsonfirereviews.com/

Angel Martinez pulled a great sci-fi winner out of her hat with this book. Isaac Ozawa is a lonely communications officer on the Hermes. The ship picks up a distress signal from a government ship and heads in to investigate. What the rescue team finds is something out of a horror movie. The ship is deserted and there are shredded body parts all over. One lone survivor is found traumatized in a holding cell and is taken back to the He
Bev
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-sci-fi
Monthly buddy read with Ingela and Andrea, thank you Ladies as usual ((Hugs)), a bundle of laughs...however, the story only gets 3.5 stars from me.

I liked the characters a lot especially that He-Man Turk, and the world building was good too, but for me the story was too long and dragged in the middle. You just knew that the bad guy would get his comeuppance...and yes, I can spot 'em a mile off Admiral Ranulf, but my interest in the story waned due to its length, and I know that Andrea came to t
Ingela
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
DNF - Read 66% 2014 but never finished...
To finish some day...

Another buddy-read with my lovely friends and BR-ladies Bev and Andrea. ...out in space again - I hope for an exciting, enjoying and heartbreaking nice M/M story.

photo image_zps81b19b48.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buddy Read with Bev and Andrea from January 6, 2014.
Lexi Ander
Apr 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-sci-fi
An excellent Sci-fi read. I love the books were the threat to the romance is external and not the internal drama. The world (galaxy) was rich and the cultures vibrantly diverse. Add in danger, polical intrigue, space battles , and a solid romance that wins the day and I was caught. I loved it and wished it was a series so that I could read some more.
Syfy
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-syfy
This story is so alive and exciting, not one single disappointment in the entire book. With perfect execution, it ran like a mini-series in my head.
Completely satisfying in that there will be more to come!
Dreamspinner Press: Gravitational Attraction by Angel Martinez 1 10 Aug 04, 2014 12:46AM
BR with Bev and Ingela :) on Jan 6th 77 16 Jan 14, 2014 04:14AM
Gay Science Fiction: Discuss Angel's books **SPOILERS** 36 24 Apr 21, 2012 05:43AM
Gay Science Fiction: Angel Martinez has a BOM at MMR 2 38 Feb 29, 2012 01:38PM
  • Blind Space
  • Turbulence (Turbulence #1)
  • Storms and Stars
  • Outcast Mine
  • A Solid Core of Alpha
  • Dark Space (Dark Space, #1)
  • 18% Gray (Task Force Iota, #1)
  • My Regelence Rake (Sci-Regency #3)
  • Bone Rider
  • The Sentinel
  • Line and Orbit (Root Code, #1)
  • Alien 'n' Outlaw (Galactic Alliance #2)
  • An Uncommon Whore (An Uncommon Whore #1)
  • The Experiment  (Saving Caeorleia #1)
  • Dark Edge of Honor
  • Alpha Trine (The Valespian Pact #1)
  • Break and Enter (Red Cell #1)
  • Soldier Mine (Thresl Chronicles, #1)
Angel Martinez currently lives part time in the hectic sprawl of northern Delaware and full time inside her head. She has one husband, one son, two cats, a love of all things beautiful and a terrible addiction to the consumption of both knowledge and chocolate.

Angel's alter ego writes the all-ages science fiction - Sandra Stixrude.
More about Angel Martinez

The ESTO Universe (5 books)
  • Vassily the Beautiful (The ESTO Universe)
  • Sub Zero
  • Prisoner 374215
  • A Matter of Faces (An ESTO Universe Story)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Twilight / Life and Death (Twilight, #1, 1.75)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)
  • The Last
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Thousandth Floor (The Thousandth Floor, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3)
  • Red Country
  • The Historian
  • The Girl Who Drank the Moon
    $15.95 $1.99
  • The Heart of Matter (Odyssey One, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • The Birthday of the World and Other Stories
    $11.49 $1.99
  • Obsidian Son (The Temple Chronicles, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49