Start by marking “Rise of the Seven (The Frey Saga, #3)” as Want to Read:
Rise of the Seven (The Frey Saga, #3)

Rise of the Seven

(The Frey Saga #3)

Memories and magic recovered, Frey is restored to the throne. But as she works to regain control of the North, a small silver dagger nearly brings her end. She raises the Seven of her guard and proves her abilities in order to secure her position. But another attempt on her life, from what appears to be fey, reveals not all are pleased with her return. If she could only fi ...more
Published October 10th 2012 (first published October 1st 2012)

Angie Engelbert
Confusing

The story was very good and is the only reason I read this third installment. After spending the second book watching Freya pass out or take naps ever third paragraph, I had high hopes that Rise of the Seven would take me back to the bigger story. The action was great but I spent a good deal of time trying to understand all of the 'knowing looks' being shared with zero context clues.

This book felt more like a very early draft that was intended to get the main ideas down. It is lacking
May 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
2017 Review:

Rise of the Seven is just as epic, just as bombastic and just as kick ass as you want it to be. Melissa Wright brings the best elements of Frey and Pieces of Eight, while bringing something new and unexpected at every turn. When you think everyone's safe, another danger appears for Frey and her team of Elf Avengers to overcome. With Frey's memories returned, the strength of her past mixed with the humility of her most recent adventures, she is an unstoppable force to be reckoned wit
Melissa
Oct 08, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
It's finally here!
Lindsay
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Selaya Morton
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one wasn't bad although we are still having to deal with certain unfamiliar storylines as well as to be introduced to characters that seem to suddenly have names where none existed before. Frey, it seems, has gone from one extreme to another; no power to too much. It looks like the bumbling abilities are still there as well. Just read through the "Banquet" segment to check out her lack of control. Her dealings with the fey and their master seem to also have a previously unfamiliar tone alth ...more
Larry
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was full of action, and the love connection was nice when Frey found out she was bonded. At first, I had trouble picturing the characters in my mind, but then I looked on the Internet for pictures of elves and fairies and other such creatures. That helped me imagine what they all looked like. It was actually hard to put the book down. The transition between this book & the previous one was seamless. Great grammar & spelling.
Erin
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
So, I guess this was a step up from the last book when all you had to look forward to was Freya passing out most of the time. After Freya gets her memory back though they would talk about people and give knowing looks like we were supposed to know who and what they were. This felt like a really rough first draft of a book.
Hans Erdman
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Freya Becomes Freya

The doubts are gone the Lord of the North is herself. The battles hard, but our heroine was born to lead. Alliances forged, enemies vanquished. Now, Elfreyda, Lord of the North, stands tall in victory, with Chevelle by her side. Well done! Looking forward to the next installment!
JMBooher
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a book!

I have enjoyed all these books. This one seems to be a bit more complete. Characters, storylines all filled out more. Thanks Ms. Wright. I will enjoy the next in the series for sure.
Rachael
Aug 23, 2017 rated it did not like it
I feel like I have either lost my ability to read a book and retain the story or this book left out so much detail that the story made almost no sense. Redundant scenes made me feel like I had missed something, only to find out it wasn't there. Ugg. I'm done with this series.
Barbara Sykeshaha
Every book gets better

Great storyline, explains more of the sustaining power of Melissa Wright as an author. You definitely need to read these books in the order written. Be assured that convoluted as first, and second books are, the third one explains very nicely.
Terry Canavello
Aug 23, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Super confused

A startling lack of continuity. I found myself being lost more often than not... This series needs more editors. I'm done, I won't being reading anymore about these static characters.
Alex Handley
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

Would definitely recommend this but only after reading the first 2 or it won't make a whole lot of sense. The book is pacey and fun to read, and I couldn't put it down! Fantastic!
Wayne Inkster
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great installment in the Freya Saga. As she gains control over the Northern Realm, Frey and her Seven must fight to prove herdelf and maintain control... but to what end?
Lidija
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The story is very good but also very confusing!!!! I’m not buying and reading the third part.
Kellie Kruse
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
happy my prediction was off

I'm glad the story has come to this point. i can not wait to read more and I am in major love with the characters and plot
Patti Ashley
Explained a lot

Finally some definitive answers and the fog clears. Still not a fan but answers were too long in coming. Still not engaged.
Eric
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I am really starting to enjoy this series. Fun characters, great plot, and good writing make for a enjoyable book.
Ania Bula
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
The story overall, beginning with Frey, isn't bad. It has really interesting elements, and you get invested in some of the characters. That said, the book is missing certain elements. There are too many moments when the reader is left, unsure of the significance of something. It feels like there was supposed to be a first book or something before this whole series that really introduces you to the world.

Some of the "mystery" in the story also has a pretty obvious solution which makes it really
TheCosyDragon
Nov 18, 2012 rated it liked it

This is actually the last post in a series of four reviews of this series. Frey has recovered her memories, her throne, her people. But she's still a bit confused on what she should be doing about Chevelle... and there's plenty of action to keep her occupied in the meantime.

I was a bit confused from the beginning which what was going on, and how
Cocktails and Books
In this installment of the Frey Saga, Frey finds herself dealing with the return of her memory, how to control her new powers courtesy of her father, the assassination attempts against her and just what to do with Chevelle. It wasn't easy for Frey, but she proved she is worthy of the title Lord of the North and grew to be a woman who protected those she cared for.

Frey was thrown a little bit of everything in Rise of the Seven, but none (in my opinion) was as challenging as her relationship with
Darsie
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Better than the other books in this Saga. Freya has finally learned to control her power and is taking over the reins as ruler of the north.

Most of my issues with the other two books are not present in this one. With the minor exception of the too often repeated phrase "I hate fairies".

The story flows better in this book, there are less stuttered, half completed sentences. Freya is becoming a strong and worthy leader, thinking less of her selfish wants and more of what might be best for her peop
Alyssa
Nov 06, 2012 rated it really liked it

I got a chance to read the first two books and they were amazing! I was so looking forward to reading the third book! I think the cover speaks for itself; this is an amazing book!

Frey is a great character. She has faced many challenges and has had to prove herself to everyone. It was great to see her continue to grow in this book. I was also happy that the book kept a steady pace. There were no periods where the reading got boring. Plenty of action to keep
Ashley Williams
Jun 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
As always, another adventurous, high-stakes edition of the Frey Saga! I love Wright's writing style and there is never a dull moment in Frey's world. She struggles to gain control of her new powers and her new kingdom. There are threats made on her life and the ever growing need for revenge! Bonds were formed that had never broken, and battles that needed fought. I really love this series as it has always had me enthralled!!! Oh and finally a steamy scene with the magnificent Chevelle Vatier wit ...more
Danielle Smiley
May 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Genre: YA (really it's for all ages) Fantasy
Publisher Type: Indy
My Rating: * * * * *

My Review:
**Happy Sigh** The only draw back of a story well-told is that it ends. Think of the best meal you've ever had, times that by seven and you'll understand just how wonderfully satisfying I found the finale of the Frey Saga to be.

Everything in book 3, Rise of the Seven is ratcheted up! The chemistry between Chevelle and Frey...Yum!!! The mystery and intrigue, the never-knowing-who-to-trust ... yup, totall
Wilson E. Stevens Sr.
Aug 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Final book in the Frey Saga, a good set to read. Nice clean read that would even be a good read for younger children and teenagers. Only one part was a little off color, and that was only a hint. Frey now takes her part of the ruler of the northern tribes and clans, along with the difficulty of ruling individuals that don't want to be rules, don't want to be ruled by a woman, and don't think she is able to do it. In addition to that, her old enemies are still attempting to kill her, and new ones ...more
Kyra Dunst
Aug 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am a pinch penny when it comes to books; after all, there are so many free ones out there, right?

As soon as I began reading 'Frey', I couldn't put it down. I stayed up late (and greeted the sun) just to finish it all in one sitting. Book one of the 'Frey Saga' was written so well, and the characters were so compelling, I simply had to have more. I immediately purchased the second... and third... and even the short story about Molly.

You won't have any regrets, except maybe for lack of sleep!

My
Alyce
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I gave this one a 4 star rating for the whole series. As a series I liked the story. The idea was intriguing, good plot, likeable characters. I just.. wanted more. I get that it's all first person from a unreliable main character, and honestly that is one thing I liked. The consistency of that view point of writing. But, I wanted a deeper story. Some more meat to the story. Rise of the Seven helped with that giving the story as a whole more flesh. And overall it was a very enjoyable read.
Katherine
May 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Note worthy

The story has finally come to fruition after 3 books, the plot line that has been seen is whispers has finally solidified and taken form. I'm happy to see the story is finally moving but still is lacking in something I just can't place. This was a nice easy read and was enjoyable, I will be reading the next book. Hopefully that missing something will appear with the 4th installment of Freya's story.
Tracy
Nov 08, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am enjoying this series and the mysteries surrounding Freya's past and who is trying to kill her. This story has really great characters and enough twists and turns to keep you reading. I really hoped that Freya and Cheville would end up together and felt disappointed when she made him her second and quashed those hopes. Fingers crossed that Freya finds her happy ever after in book four. She deserves it!

• The Importance of Being Emily (Bad Witch: The Emily Chronicles #1)
  • Between Golden Jaws (Hallowmere, #3)
  • The Book of Faeyore (Frost, #0.5)
  • Like a Thief in the Night
  • Foul Is Fair (Fair Folk Chronicles, #1)
  • Barely Alive (Barely Alive, #1)
  • Summer Night (The Witchling, #1.5)
  • She Speaks to Angels (AngelFire Chronicles, #1)
  • Dragon Empire
  • Moon Matched (The Tale of Lunarmorte, #3.5)
  • Wilde's Army (Darkness Falls, #2)
  • Lucidity (The Raven Chronicles, #2)
  • Chevalier (Ondine Quartet, #2.2)
  • The Mirrored Shard (Iron Codex, #3)
  • Alternity
  • Battle Scars (Elemental, #2)
  • Ever Winter (A Dark Faerie Tale, #3)
  • The Vision of Escaflowne, Vol. 1
Melissa is the author of the Frey Saga, Descendants Series, and KING OF ASH AND BONE. She is currently working on the next book, but when not writing can be found collecting the things she loves at Goodreads and Pinterest. Contact her through the web at www.melissa-wright.com

The Frey Saga (4 books)
  • Frey (The Frey Saga, #1)
  • Pieces of Eight (The Frey Saga, #2)
  • Venom and Steel  (The Frey Saga, #4)