Start by marking “The Petrov Proposal (Forrester Siblings, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Petrov Proposal  (Forrester Siblings, #2)

The Petrov Proposal

(Forrester Siblings #2)

The first time Maddy Forrester heard her boss's mesmerizing voice barking orders down the phone, she knew he was a force to be reckoned with. But nothing prepared her for the sight of Aleksei Petrov. He is the last thing Maddy needs, but the first thing she wants!

Aleksei is determined not to mix business with pleasure, but he struggles with the irresistible sparks his
Published February 1st 2012 by Harlequin Enterprises (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Petrov Proposal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Petrov Proposal

Start your review of The Petrov Proposal (Forrester Siblings, #2)
RLA
Sep 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

The heroine Maddie meets her boss Aleksei, the hero, for the fist time and sparks immediately flow. While working together on an upcoming exhibition for Aleksei's latest jewellery collection, they become more and more drawn to each other. They both fight the attraction as they know any affair they have will be a bad idea. Maddie is especially cautious after a disastrous love affair with her boss in the past, which left her reputation and self confidence in tatters. But it quickly becomes clear
Ridley
Yesterday on Twitter, I was talking to Jane from DA about Harlequin's new Kiss line, which debuts next year. I said that "if they're like HP's with non-asshole heroes and grown-up heroines, I'll be in heaven." That basically describes The Petrov Proposal to a T.

The hero is commitment-averse, but so is the heroine. He's never arrogant or overbearing and she's never overmatched or passive. She's sexually inexperienced, sure, but she's no naive ingenue. She's a grown woman with an adult's
Danielle
Xai Xai
This story was so different in many ways such that it was unique and enjoyable. Here we had a couple linked to each other even before meeting. Alekis, nice name for a guy, believed in love, which isn't the case with most heroes in HP novels, had it with a wife who died very young. He assumed he had no more to offer and was afraid to try. Maddy was rejected all her life, she was used and exploited. She was strong and fiesty yet vulnerable. There was no angst in the storyline, which is usually a ...more
Carmen
Dec 16, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very good read. I was like Aleksei, each time I heard Maddy say "no" it intrigued me more. There wasn't great buckets of angst even though Petrov is widower and well, Maddy has some past issues (Part of her history is shared in her brother Gage's story which was published earlier). The ending felt a bit rushed but the good ones usually leave me wanting more

Synopsis from the cover

Tia
Feb 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a story of past, present and future. It deals a lot with the main characters learning and accepting their past. They have both been let down and hurt in the past for very different reasons. The main male character lost his wife, he loved her so much that he didn't want to love ever again. The main female character was never loved by anyone but her brother. Her parents abandoned her, her brother took her in. Her one and only affair was with a man she didn't know was married and he used ...more
Jeanette Grey
Mar 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
There's a place downtown that sells a $50 burger. The idea is that they take the most ordinary food in the world and make it extraordinary with crazy ingredients and the highest quality everything.

That's kind of what it feels like to read The Petrov Proposal.

At it's heart, this is very standard romance novel fare. The plot, the basic character archetypes, the lavish settings. But here's the thing. Maisey Yates took those basics and turned them into a thing of beauty by fleshing those
Jess the Romanceaholic
A contemporary heroine who's not a virgin?! *clutches chest*

:P

Maddie's flip-flopping between whether this was a purely physical affair or an emotional one was a little distracting, but Aleksei is deliciously tortured and (emotionally) cold.

Full review to follow, but for now, 4/5 Stars.
Leigh
DNF!

At first I was intrigued about the plot that they only interacted through phone calls/emails. But then H saw the heroine, and he started to see her differently beyond professionalism. And he started to pursue her because she's hawt. I like office romance themes but not like this. LELS! Sorry.
❤Sana❤
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mills-boon
This was a very good read. It's a little bit different from HP books that I have so far read, but I really did like it so much.
So glad that Gage is back to walk his sister to the aisle and so happy the two could make it though they had so many issues and went through a lot of pain :)
Tanya Mayes
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a good read I enjoyed the interaction between Aleksei and Maddie. They both had things in their past that they had to get over and once they let go they were able to find love.
Jules
Feb 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great romance and chemistry. The Russian hero was sexy and brooding and thought the heroine was smart and interesting.
Gege86
Jan 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was a amazingly good, sweet and romantic.
I loved both the hero and the heroine. MY writing style is awesome…
ms bookjunkie
I really liked the story. There was only one glaring error in it: The hero—the Russian hero—contemplated drowning his sorrows with Scotch. Um, no! If he's Russian, the intoxicant is vodka!
Ashley F
This review was posted at Tsuki’s Book Blog on August 1, 2013.

I'm a huge fan of Maisey Yates and I like to seek out all of her new books. I know I haven't read many but "Heir to a Desert Legacy" is one of my favorites of the year and I often go back and re-read it when I need a good pick-me-up. This one, while having all the qualities of an amazing book, fell a bit short in my mind.

The premise was a typical one in Harlequin backlists. Maddy was an employee of Aleksei, an amazing creator of
Caroline
Feb 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first book by Ms Yates. The plot couldn't be more corny if it tried but, once again, the Harlequin imprint maintains a solid level of quality and among the better-than-average books are one or two unexpected gems. This is one of them.

The story is about a wildly successful Russian jewellery designer and his super-efficient virtual PA. Inevitably, they meet in person and, inevitably, the fireworks start. Both are suffering from the after-effects of human-relation traumas and we end up with the,
rameau
I think I'm over the billionaire fantasy. It wasn't a bad book, but I simply couldn't connect with the characters. The author made all the right moves and there was a sense of history for the characters, but it was told rather than shown. I didn't really buy that they had any deeper feelings for each other if even for themselves. Also, I was disappointed to find out that his problems trumped hers. In the end the chemistry felt more like a mother comforting her adult child and congratulating him ...more
Tonya Warner
Feb 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maddy Forrester has already been down the rode of sleeping with the boss. Having the super sexy Aleksei Petrov decide to come work with her in person for his jewelry shows, instead of by phone, shakes her solitary lifestyle.

Aleksei has already loved and lost, he is not able to face that pain again. A temporary fling with Maddy is very appealing. Maddy wants to prove to herself she is more than her past. She tries to go for the purely physical thrill Aleksei gives her. But still, she has a hard
sbf20112011
Apr 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is more like 3.5 stars for me. It was pretty well-written, but I think maybe I just don't get that drawn in to the story of two mature, reasonable people who have some emotional issues but overcome them through personal introspection. It's realistic and of course lovely if it happens in real life, but just not that compelling to me as a fantasy. This was definitely readable, but I just didn't feel the emotional tug.
Charlie
Stephanie
I actually give this a 3.5 star rating
I quite throughly enjoyed the book. everything you could see building up gradually. I just wish I could see more of aleksei's pov throughout the book but the author provided sufficient amounts of it. also I hoped there would be more of a dramatic grovelling - you know a bit of chasing but in regards to the characterisatiom of Madeline, we couldnt have that.

All in all, a nice r&r read :-)
Sophia Henry
Apr 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute book. Loved the hero.
Caro
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5-4 stars.
Diane
Feb 02, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, romance, hp
better than some i've read lately!
Tawnya
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hated that life kept interrupting my reading. This book was excellent, so much so I'm sure under normal conditions I would have finished it in hours instead of days.
Barbara
Jul 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Really enjoyed this. The poor frozen sexy hero.....
Anna
Oct 20, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the idea and I really wanted to like the book. It just seemed to be great then all the sudden everyone changes their minds and it's happily ever after.
Anna
Dec 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars for the last chapters. The first 7 chapters were a bit slow.
Allison
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I quite enjoyed the book.
Rochelle Willis
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
great finish to forrester books with siblings Gage & Madeline. This book is about Madeline and her boss and the jewellery business they work in and the castles the jewellery displays are setup at.
Más libros para Latinoamérica!! 1 1 May 03, 2017 03:59PM

• The Greek's Forced Bride
  • The Sarantos Secret Baby (Sarantos Brothers, #1)
  • Baby of His Revenge
  • Claiming His Hidden Heir
  • Da Rocha's Convenient Heir (Vows for Billionaires #3)
  • The Prince's Virgin Wife (Royal Brides, #3; Scorsolini Princes, #1)
  • For Pleasure...or Marriage? (Models & Millionaires, #1)
  • The Divorce Party (The Delicious De Campos, #1)
  • His Merciless Marriage Bargain
  • The Greek's Blackmailed Mistress (Harlequin Presents)
  • Enemies at the Altar
  • Sold for the Greek's Heir (Brides for the Taking #3)
  • A Debt Paid in the Marriage Bed (Harlequin Presents)
  • Bought for the Billionaire's Revenge
  • Crown Prince's Bought Bride
  • Innocent in the Billionaire's Bed
  • Claiming His Pregnant Innocent: A Marriage of Convenience Romance
  • One-Night Mistress...Convenient Wife
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Maisey Yates lives in rural Oregon with her three children and her husband, whose chiseled jaw and arresting features continue to make her swoon. She feels the epic trek she takes several times a day from her office to her coffee maker is a true example of her pioneer spirit. In 2009, at the age of twenty-three Maisey sold her first book.

Since then

Forrester Siblings (2 books)
  • Marriage Made on Paper (Forrester Siblings, #1)