Start by marking “Catch Your Death (Kate Maddox, #1)” as Want to Read:
Catch Your Death (Kate Maddox, #1)

Catch Your Death

(Kate Maddox #1)

Fear is contagious…

The No.1 bestselling internet sensation. Now in an updated edition with exclusive new material.

A terrifying enigma – with the power to destroy…

Twenty years ago, Kate Maddox was a volunteer at a research centre where scientists hunted for a cure for the common cold virus. That summer, Kate fell in love with a handsome young doctor, Stephen, but her stay e
Kindle Edition, UK, 400 pages
Published January 5th 2012 by HarperCollins (first published May 14th 2011)

Pauline Ross
This was a cheap ebook, and, as always, it's a bit of a gamble. Some are brilliant, some are awful, this was just a bit meh. There is a cracking story in here somewhere, but the authors have buried it under a positive mountain of cardboard cutout characters and unbelievable plot contrivances. The premise of mysterious goings-on at a research facility, ostensibly working on the common cold but actually up to something far more devious, is an intriguing one, and the plot rattles along at a good pa ...more
Ashleigh
Feb 14, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, crime, thriller
This book was kind of... meh. It started off really well, I really enjoyed the first 30% of it but then it just became really difficult.

The premise is really good, I really liked the sound of it, I really thought there was going to be a brilliant crime/thriller in here. The authors have, however, buried it under a positive mountain of generic characters and unbelievable plot twists. The idea of mysterious goings-on at a research facility, working on the common cold but actually up to something f
Lizzie Hayes
Apr 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kate Maddox fleeing from her abusive husband in the USA returns home to England with her son. By chance she sees her lover Stephen who she knows died twenty years ago. The sighting takes her back to the time she spent with Stephen in the Cold Research Unit two decades ago. But the person Kate sees is Stephen’s twin brother Paul.

The meeting with Paul has her questioning her time at the unit and what happened there, and as she concentrates on it she realises that her memory is at fault and that t
Wendy Tobin
Jan 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2012
this was a fantastic book, couldn't put it down, so much so that i had to read it on my phone while i was walking the dog!!

fast paced book that kept me wanting to know what was going to happen next.

a book i would certainly recommend.
David Highton
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A compelling conspiracy thriller with a fast pace throughout - enjoyed reading it. Although development of a deadly virus is the root of the underlying story it does not dominate the action and you certainly do not need to know anything much about science.
Lindsay
Feb 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
'She felt as if she was inside the sort of bad dream which just goes on and on, silently unfolding and transmuting from one nightmare scenario to another.'

Main protagonist Kate Maddox, an intelligent and successful scientist working at Harvard researching viruses, has returned to her native England from the US, bringing her young son Jack with her. She feels her marriage to obnoxious husband Vernon is over, and has made the break without telling him; he is expecting her and Jack to return to Bos
Louise
Mar 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I co-wrote it... so I'm biased!
Elizzy
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zusammenfassend
Kate packt sich ihren Sohn Jack und reist mit ihm von Boston nach London. Was sie ihrem fast Ex – Mann als kleinen Urlaub verkauft ist in Wirklichkeit eine Trennung. Eine Trennung von ihrem alten Leben mit ihrem fremdgehenden Ehemann. Doch was sie nicht weiss, ihre frühere Vergangenheit wird sie rasant einholen.

Den Kate war als Studentin in einem Forschungszentrum, welches sich mit Erkältungsviren beschäftigte. Doch als dieses auf mysteriöse Weise abbrannte und dabei Stephen, di
Jill Deschuytter
It wasn't bad but like I said before, I had a serious problem with that fact that Kate just met the twin of her dead boyfriend and sent her son to her sister,mostly to have sex with him.

Nikki-ann
Mar 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can’t imagine the writing process of a novel written by two people, but here we have Catch Your Death written by Louise Voss and Mark Edwards, and it really works. This thriller is a fast paced, edge-of-your-seat kind of read that has its reader gripped right from the start and doesn’t let go until the very end. I realised I’d read almost half the book in one go by the time I first put the book down, it’s that good!

The authors have obviously done a lot of research into the subject matter, but
Sean Talbot
top rated book . a truly wonderful read which is full of in depth knowledge of viruses as well as a hidden program in England.

the main character lost her first love in a freak fire. it seems like she never found love again until she met then twin brother of her former lover.

a true adventure that I couldn't put down. this will be one of my top reads for 2015
Nikki
Sep 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed it, though at times I found the styles of the different chapters a little disjointed, I couldn't help thinking the 2 authors had each written different chapters, I could be wrong but that's how it seemed. Would have been 5 stars but for this.
Looking forward to the next book 'The Anitdote'
Brianna Entriken
This book had me intrigued me from the start, I found it hard to put it down and I throughly enjoyed reading it.

I can't wait to read more about Kate.

(Book recieved through goodreads first reads)
Grahambootle
It was a bit plodding and predictable, and in a couple of case downright unbelievable. Some of the secondary characters were cliches (the ex husband, the stay at home sister who drinks too much).

Might read more Voss, but not super high of my list of books to read.
Suzanne
Dec 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my gosh, it was great! My first time for this author and will be looking for more. It was fast paced, had believable characters and has a plot that is sooo scarey. Loved it!
Jack
Jul 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book with an amazing end. Got a bit boring in the middle however it was a good read. Finnished it within 4 days!
Alison Jones
Nov 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast paced and very engrossing thriller.
Niki Philipson was jeffs
Good book. A bit long winded in places, but it gets to the point pretty quickly. Pleasant read
Daphne
Aug 19, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Bad. It started out acceptable enough for a relaxed read on a warm day, but the further I got, the more I struggled to continue. The reason was the bad writing and cardboard characters. Especially the main character Kate has to be one of the worst Mary Sue's that I've ever come across. Her character is very bland and plain, despite the fact she's supposed to be highly intelligent. It's often mentioned in the book how scientific and rational her mind is, but this so-called scientific way of think ...more
Lisa
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I typically enjoy Loiuse Voss' and Mark Edwards's novels, but this was not their best work. I listened to it on audiobook and by the end, if I heard the whining mother (Kate Maddox) scream: "Where's Jack?" one more time, I thought I was going to scream. This book should have been much shorter and condensed, as I lost complete interest by the end and didn't really care about what happened to Kate, her son Jack, or her new boyfriend, Stephen. I just wanted Kate to shut up.

Twenty years ago, Kate wa
Ayu Ikhwani
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ayureads2018
I was a bit wary starting this book as I had been disappointed in another book (Killing Cupid) by the same authors. The only reason I picked up this book was because I wanted to quickly cross it off my TBR after being there for more than 4 years (I bought it along with Killing Cupid).

Maybe because I wasn't expecting much, the book turned out more than just ok :) I liked the early part where you're just getting to know the characters. To me, it was written beautifully and at a good pace, not too
Seitenfluesterin
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
,, Die Welt stand in Flammen.
Oder vielleicht war sie gar nicht mehr auf der Welt.
Vielleicht war das hier die Hölle. "

( aus Fieber - Angst ist ansteckend, Louise Voss und Mark Edwards, btb Verlag )

Um ihrer unglücklichen Ehe zu entrinnen, kehrt Kate Maddox gemeinsam mit ihrem Sohn Jack in ihr Heimatland England zurück - in das Land, aus dem sie eigentlichen geflüchtet war, um ihre Vergangenheit hinter sich zu lassen und ein neues Leben zu beginnen.
Ihre Sorge, dass ihr Ehemann sie und ihren Soh
Leanne Hunt
I've read other books by this author team and enjoyed them, but this one left me a bit flat. The plot was pretty good, full of action and twists, but the characterisation was weak. I found the dialogue especially hard to bear with all the exclamations of horror and rage. Also, the bad guy was so sadistic and so rampantly brutal that his repertoire of crimes became almost comical, like a cartoon character killing people left, right and centre.
Not a great read but not bad enough to put me off read
Elli Lewis
I liked the concept of this book and I enjoyed the beginning, not to mention that I wanted to know how it ended. However, I do not believe a mother would leave her son alone when she has just taken him overseas away from her abusive husband, I don't believe she'd have taken him abroad in the first place without first meeting with a lawyer. Plus she is so obsessed with Paul, it makes for uncomfortable reading a lot of the time. There's a lot of good things to say about the book, but these points ...more
Amy
Jul 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
John Carruthers
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable page turner

Really enjoyed this. Good story with enough twists and turns to keep you on your toes. Will check out more from authors.
Fiona
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Hmmm....was going to stop reading it but i persevered till the end. Not for me, too much unnecessary sex. Trying to make it a thriller or a love story? Not sure at all. A bit silly.
maria helena
Nov 26, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
(1-1.5 stars)

Sounded good, but many of the plot twists were unbelievable and the characters were boring.
Timothy Herritt
Not bad, not that good either. Was a bit disappointed, but managed to stay interested to the end.
Janine
  • Broken Silence (Inspector Jack Brady, #1)
  • Cold Kill (DC Laura McGanity, #5)
  • Kill & Cure
  • The Last 10 Seconds (Tina Boyd #5)
  • The Lazarus Strain (Dr Steven Dunbar, #6)
  • The Fall
  • The Child Taker (Detective Alec Ramsay, #1)
  • The Silence (DC Gary Goodhew Mystery #4)
  • Kissing Games
  • Looking for Trouble (Sal Kilkenny, #1)
  • The Creeper (Brennan & Esposito, #2)
  • Vigilante (Jessica Daniel, #2)
  • Uncanny Stories
  • Dressed for a Kill
  • The Folks at Fifty-Eight
  • Mrs Jones (Tommy Connell Mystery #1)
  • The Stolen Blue (Claire Reynier, #1)
  • The Devil's Daughters (Lombroso #2)

Kate Maddox (2 books)
  • All Fall Down (Kate Maddox, #2)