Start by marking “Eat, Walk, Write: An American Senior's Year of Adventure in Paris and Tuscany” as Want to Read:
Eat, Walk, Write: An American Senior's Year of Adventure in Paris and Tuscany

Read eBook

Eat, Walk, Write: An American Senior's Year of Adventure in Paris and Tuscany

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  43 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
At the age of 70 the author retired and set out to fulfill a life long dream of living in another country. He planned to live in the world's most beautiful city, Paris, for two years, but returned home to California after a year in Paris and Tuscany. He takes you on his journey, experiencing the joys and challenges of living in those two storied parts of the world.
Published December 31st 2011 by Create Space

To ask other readers questions about Eat, Walk, Write, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eat, Walk, Write

Vic Heaney
May 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I clearly (if you have read my own book "Vic's Big Walk") do all three of the above - eating, walking, writing.

Also, I am what Americans politely call a senior. In fact I am a few months older than Boyd Lemon.

Although I have lived in France for many years I have never been to Paris, but my wife and I have a visit there scheduled for July.

And because one of my daughters lives in Italy, I am familiar with Tuscany.

So It seemed this book was tailor-made for me.

It is an excellent read. It give much
Becky
Mar 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
I expected to enjoy this book and I did enjoy reading about the author's adventures and challenges living abroad. The editing problems lowered my enthusiasm, however. I read the Kindle version and hope these (and other mistakes) were not in the paperback: Carry Grant (instead of Cary), church alter (should be altar), ocean peaking out between trees (should be peeking unless he means they're really tall?), potato leak soup (should be leek), plack (should be plaque), white table clothes (should be ...more
Stacey
Jan 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: future-reads
I signed up to win this book on Goodreads. Although I did win it, I did not expect to enjoy it, being that it was about a man (a Senior) taking a couple year vacation to Paris, and basically sharing his daily life. I actually DID enjoy it very much! I read it in two sittings! It's amazing how difficult things can be when there's a language barrier!
~reader~
Apr 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have always wanted to travel to Paris (and hopefully will one day). This is a great story of a man who goes to Paris later in his life and struggles to learn the language and fit in. You can practically live vicariously through his stories. Great read.
Marice Hill
Aug 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The tile of this book pretty much sums it up. Mr Lemon takes us through his time in Paris highlighting his favourite meals, the many restaurants, cafes and bars and the journey's he takes to discover them. He explores the neighbourhoods on foot, visits many museums and then shares his findings with us. I couldn't help but think that the walking had to be a good thing considering the amount of amazing sounding food he seemed to be eating. He also gives us a personal look into trying to get by in ...more
Marilyn Maya
Nov 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read "Eat Walk,Write" in a hurry which was a mistake. This book has become one to savor. It has much to offer on many levels. I like that in a book. It is not only a book about walking food and writing. It is a book about a man who is searching for a new life. I like that in a man. I tend to like books where the author's voice tells me that I would like the person behind the books. I tend not to like books that are self indulgent, mean or "holier than thou" I like the quiet moments of this bo ...more
Priscilla
Jul 18, 2013 rated it did not like it
This book is in desperate need of a good editor. It is an example of the pitfalls of self-publishing. I didn't make it to Tuscany with him (in the book, figuratively speaking) because reading through Paris was challenging enough. It set my teeth on edge frequently.
Cathie
Dec 19, 2015 added it
A rather tedious blow by blow description of a retired Americans walks and meals in Paris, and other areas visited during a 1 year stay there.
Alison
Jul 02, 2015
R.G. Phelps
Dec 16, 2015
Denese Lunan
rated it did not like it
May 25, 2014
Jun 06, 2016
Jackie
Dec 25, 2014
Boyd Lemon
Jan 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Dlee1000
Aug 03, 2015
Louanne
Jul 21, 2015
Quote From Author Boyd Lemon:

I lived most of my life in Southern California. I am a retired lawyer who reinvented himself as an author. I moved to Boston in March 2007, where I stayed until spring of 2010. I loved it -- great city. From Boston, at the age of 69, I moved to Paris for a year. I now live in St. Marys, Georgia.
I have written five books: "Retirement: A Memoir and Guide; "Digging Deep: