Start by marking “Gallagher's Pride (Gallagher, #1)” as Want to Read:
Gallagher's Pride (Gallagher, #1)

Gallagher's Pride (Montana Gallaghers #1)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  186 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
READERS' FAVORITE 5 STAR BOOK

Setting: Montana Territory and Scotland
Sensuality Rating: PG

From the Scottish Highlands to the Montana frontier, experience the first book in a series about a family in search of peace, hope, and love on a wild land.

She was a on a quest of discovery. He was on a quest for revenge. Together they would discover a second chance.

Brenna Cameron trav
Paperback, 2nd, 218 pages
Published July 11th 2012 by Trappers Peak Publishing (first published January 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Gallagher's Pride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gallagher's Pride

TJ
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5.0

Thoroughly enjoyed this story.... until the last few chapters when events started popping at lightening speed with no time to understand any of the feelings or thoughts behind it. Starting with the incident right before Brenna leaves that goes completely against how she and Ethan had been written up to that point - then suddenly she leaves, another huge plot turn is dropped, and wham! All is wrapped up and everyone is happy....huh? All those points were crammed into the last three chapter
Cait Lavender
Mar 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ethan Gallagher is a 6’4” cowboy with striking blue eyes and dark hair that curls around his ears. Swoon worthy? Yup. He’s a cowboy who is the defender of women’s honor and not afraid to slam someone in the mouth with his fist for impugning said honor. Sigh worthy? Totally. He’s also a cowboy who is willing to put his life on the line for the woman he loves. Did I mention he’s a cowboy?
Shirl
May 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. It was easy to read and had alot of adventure in it. I am not sure what the blank pages inbetween chapters were for. I can't wait for the next book to come out and answer the questions on where did Ethan's sister go? Maybe to get the long lost brother Brenna was looking for? and what of Gabriel's new lady, wife? So many questions. This was a good first book in the series.Leaves a reader wanting more, alot more...Good read.
Angela Covarrubias
Gallagher's Pride is the first book I have read by MK McClintock. I purchase the Kindle book a few years ago, but just never got around to reading it. I won the audio version a few months ago, and decided to give it a listen. Gallagher's Pride is one of those books that I wish I had read or listened to sooner.

I enjoyed the story immensely, and I loved the characters! I enjoy watching westerns on television, but never thought I would enjoy reading or listening to one. I think that may be why I pu
Kimberly Lewis
The novel begins quite a few years before our hero and heroine meet. In the first two chapters we are introduced to Brenna Cameron and Ethan Gallagher. Brenna lives in the Scotland countryside with her mother and father, and Ethan lives on his family’s ranch in Montana. After the loss of both of her parents, Brenna travels from Scotland to Montana in search of the only living relative she knows of. When she arrives in the unfamiliar territory, she is saved by Ethan Gallagher when a disgusting, d ...more
Nubia Sanchez
May 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have a wonderful time reading this book. Sure, I was little disappointed that there weren't many detail about Brenna's grandfather or she finding her twin brother. I really Brenna and Ethan because they remind of other character that I have read in other novel who have difficult time to see their love for one another. I am also relief that there are some romance that weren't explicit in their intercourse. I really hope to read the second book about Gabriel Gallagher and if there is a third one ...more
Johanna
Apr 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Heather
The first work from M.K. McClintock that I read, was her Christmas collection of short stories, A Home for Christmas. Those short little introductions to her writing style were all I needed to know that I would love her full length western novels…and I wasn’t wrong. I inhaled the first two books in this series before taking a pause to wait on the third. They are THAT good!

In just a few pages, McClintock introduces the readers to her characters and you are instantly transfixed, committed, and in
Linda
Wow! Great start to the series! Fans of historical fiction and westerns are in for a treat!

Brenna Cameron has grown up sheltered within the arms of her loving family in Scotland. Then... she loses her mother in a terrible accident and loses her father a few years later to lung cancer. On his deathbed, her father shares that family secrets have been withheld from her and that Brenna has a grandfather in Texas who disowned her mother. No matter how dastardly her grandfather is, he's the only fami
Luli
Dnf @ 38%.
Esta historia no me ha enganchado. No me ha parecido muy creíble. (view spoiler)
Aparte del spoiler tampoco me convence esa rápidez en la que suceden los acontecimientos, lo h
Kathryn Voss
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I've had the pleasure of reading from MK McClintock, and it won't be the last. I found myself enveloped in the story of the Gallaghers and looking forward to learning more about this family in the following books.

One of McClintock's strengths is to develop a varied plot with plenty of mystery to keep you reading. Through the entire book, the story holds you captive as you follow Ethan and Brenna's adventures. The romantic backdrops of Scotland and Montana only add to the
Susan Gorman
Aug 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Gallagher's Pride. It's western romance with secrets, mystery and revenge set in Montana in the 1870's. The author's descriptions of the Scottish countryside and of Hawk's Peak, Montana draw the reader into the story immediately. Brenna Cameron travels from Scotland to Montana in search of her Grandfather. Ethan Gallagher rescues Brenna shortly after her arrival in Briarwood and becomes her self appointed protector. Brenna quickly learns that the is no love lost between the Gallaghers ...more
Rose
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gallagher's Pride was like a tumbleweed blown by the wind, picking up speed and momentum as Brenna Cameron's story swept-by before my eyes. After the introduction of the Gallagher family, it was like I was in an episode of Bonanza. The Gallagher family, like the Cartwrights, help right the wrongs of the unfortunate soul. The characters had strong personalities, flaws, and maybe a little spunk. The strengths and weaknesses found in the characters made them likable and relatable to the average per ...more
Kelly
Nov 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
M.K McClintock is superbly talented. From the start of Gallagher’s Pride, I was taken to another time and place. I loved every word of this book! McClintock does a masterful job of sucking the reader in, making them hang in there and keep turning those pages. I could not put this book down. It is a riveting book, from beginning to the end. The book is filled with adventure and big surprises. It's a very enjoyable book to read, that anyone who likes historical romance or westerns will love it. It ...more
Kristy McCaffrey
After the death of her father, Brenna Cameron leaves Scotland and travels to the wilds of Montana in search of answers to family secrets. Seeking a grandfather who may or may not want to see her, she is soon aided by Ethan Gallagher and his brother, Gabriel. Recognizing that she's out of her element, Ethan insists she stay at the Gallagher's ranch while she sorts out her family ties. In a place that reminds her well of her beloved Scotland, Brenna is drawn to the wilderness as much as to Ethan's ...more
Alice Dinizo
Mar 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
"Gallagher's Pride" is the beginning of an historic fiction series that readers will really enjoy. Brenna Cameron arrives in America from Scotland in the 1880's in search of her grandfather, her only known living relative. Grandfather Nathan Hunter now lives on his ranch in the town of Briarwood in Montana territory, but there's a problem. Nathan Hunter is not a nice man and the Gallagher's, Ethan, Gabriel, and sister Eliza, along with their housekeeper Mabel take Brenna in before she encounter ...more
Alanna
Sep 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story. I bought the book because of the title and the artwork on the cover thinking it might be interesting. As I read on, I became so connected with the characters. There was enough romance to make it passionate but not so over the top that I was embarrassed to read it. I love the developing story that will continue on in the next books. Yes, I am hooked and have purchased the other books to read as well. Can't wait to start "Gallagher's Hope" right now!
NayNay
Jun 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Gallaghers Pride is an entertaining story, with likeable characters and a writing style that read with ease. I thought some parts were a little long winded, but it did not keep you from reading on. I also found that the ending was a little rushed, making me go for four stars instead of five. Overall M.K. McClintock penned a very enjoyable story that any historical fan would like to read.
Missi Reichert
Oct 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
I liked this book form the first page. Two of my favorite places in the world. The Scottish Highlands and Montana/Wyoming.

While this book certainly had predictable story componants, it was a sweet, fun and well written book. I am looking forward to reading this author again and will want to get the rest of the family's stories as well.
Robyn Echols
May 31, 2012 rated it liked it
This was an enjoyable historical romance. It followed the romance "formula" with several interesting twists. I enjoyed the historical portion and the characterization was good even though the actions and attitude of the hero was fairly predictable. I would probably give it a 3-1/2 stars.
Caroline Clemmons
Sep 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, partly because it involved two of my favorite places: Scotland and the American West. MK McClintock has created a family saga sure to captivate any reader. I am looking forward to the rest of the series!
Alex
Aug 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Read on my Fire and enjoyed. Would like to read the next in the series, but it costs money, so will have to think about it. Story takes place in Scotland and Montana.
Knows
Mar 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Good historical western with clean romance. Easy read with a nice story about a 19th century ranching family in Montana. Appropriate for all readers.
Cici
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: clean-romance
Wow what a great story. There were so many layers. It is well written. The characters are well drawn. I needed more in the romance, but still good.
Kimberly Westrope
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is book #1 in a series, and is somewhat of a stand alone story, though it leaves some unanswered questions at the end to continue into the next story.

I enjoyed the characters in this story, particularly the plucky Irishwoman, Brenna, and the relationship between the Gallagher siblings. The story is a well-written historical romance, with a bit of intrigue/adventure. I liked the twists in the story-made for a more interesting tale than a straightforward love story would have done.

I listened
Mary Stockwell
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

There is a good balance of romance, intrigue and action in this book. It feels like you are living in the time that this takes place with such believable characters.
May 04, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
for some reason I thought this was Christian romance. hahaha. ...it's definitely not
Cindy Nipper
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to the audio version and while this wasn't as clean as I expected with premarital sex, I loved the rest of the book, even the cliffhanger!!
June
Gallagher's Pride (Book One of the Gallagher Series)
by MK McClintock
Genre: historical romance
Published July 11th 2012 by Trappers Peak Publishing
Locations: Scotland & Montana Territory
Timeframe: 1882-1883

A family legacy built on a wild land. A struggle for justice, love and survival. (from the cover)

Brenna Cameron has grown up confident and secure in her parents' love. After her mother died, Brenna and her father were left without any other family...or so Brenna was told. Her father, on his
Marsha Stokes
Jul 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Just looking at this cover, I bet many of you are thinking, "This doesn't look like the kind of book Marsha usually reads?" And you would be right. While I have been known to enjoy the occasional viewing of "The Man From Snowy River" and some classic old-time country western music (thanks to both my father and father-in-law), reading novels set in the Old West is practically unheard of for me.

However, this author, MK, was the sweet and wonderful lady who offered to host my book tour for the nove
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Creative Reviews: Historical Fiction Reviews Needed 5 25 Mar 08, 2012 03:17PM
  • Much Ado About Marshals (Hearts of Owyhee, #1)
  • Christmas Redemption
  • Come Back
  • Dance With A Gunfighter
  • The Outlaw (Willow Creek, #2)
  • After The Ashes
  • To Tame a Renegade (Delaney Trilogy,#2)
  • Heartbreak Trail
  • Colorado Bride
  • The Outlaw Takes a Wife (The Burnett Brides, #2)
  • The Texan's Bride
  • Orchids in Moonlight
  • Midnight Lover
  • The Bride Wore Feathers
  • The Devil's Own Desperado
  • Struck by Thunder (The Grandmaster's Legacy, #1)
  • Fireblossom (The Western Novels/Matthews Novel #1)
  • Under a Texas Star
MK McClintock is the award-winning author of several books and short stories, including the popular "Montana Gallagher" series, the "Crooked Creek" series set in post-Civil War Montana, and the highly-acclaimed "British Agent" novels. She spins tales of romance, adventure, and mystery set in the bygone times. She enjoys a quiet life in the Rocky Mountains.

Learn more about MK by visiting her websit
More about M.K. McClintock...

Montana Gallaghers (5 books)
  • Gallagher's Hope (Montana Gallaghers, #2)
  • Gallagher's Choice (Montana Gallaghers, #3)
  • An Angel Called Gallagher (Montana Gallaghers, #4)
  • Journey to Hawk's Peak (Montana Gallaghers, #5)
“...Ethan, but I'm certainly not the type of woman to just go home with two men whether I know them or not. It would be highly inappropriate, not to mention stupid."

"And you're not stupid."

"Not as far as I can tell"...”
4 likes