Start by marking “Dreams” as Want to Read:
Dreams

Dreams (Sarah Midnight #1)

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  725 Ratings  ·  116 Reviews
You never think it could happen to you. You never think that one day you'll stand in a graveyard, rain tapping on a sea of black umbrellas, watching your parents being lowered into the earth, never to come back. It's happening to me. They said it was an accident. Only I know the truth. My parents were hunters, like their parents and grandparents before them, hundreds of ye ...more
Published April 18th 2012 by Black and White Publishing

Natasa
Apr 14, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Aldi
Aug 29, 2012 rated it did not like it
Uhm, wow. I'm not sure I have words for how hilariously bad this book was, lol. The writing reads like an 11-year-old's SPN/Twilight crossover fanfic with name replacements, all the characters hail from someone's very special My First Mary Sue And Friends doll collection, and the "plot" is like an instructional manual for Destiny-Enforced Teenage Demon Hunting, embracing every cliché imagineable along the way. Important points include "Describe your special shining hair and special brilliant eye ...more
Mizuki
The world setting and some of the ideas about magic and demons in this book are somewhat decent and interesting (that's the only reason I finished reading the book), however I really can't stand the Mary Sue Special Snowflake Heroine (barely a chapter can go by without the author telling me how beautiful and special the heroine is) and the love triangle.

Plus, despite having supernatural powers, the heroine is goddamn useless, she needs her love interests to pull her out of danger *for an entire
Adriana Bonilla
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ur-next, curious
An hour later from my last update, means 1:am, here I am telling you how much I like this book.
I wasn't expecting much from this book, it gave me a lot of Shadowhunter-vibes and the prologue was screaming "trashy YA!!"
But this was basically a gift and I was really curious.
I read half of the book the first day, and today, a day later I literally finished it in a couple of hours. It's quite addictive!

Sarah can be described as the typical ya heroine, with a great responsibility, she doesn't know
Book Whales
Apr 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted @ Book Whales

“Don’t let them roam”

The first time I saw Dreams on Goodreads. I was captured by the cover. The girl with dark hair in a seemingly dreamy state, made me want to read this book. Not only is the cover beautiful but the story as well. Dreams will satisfy your thirst for adventure, mystery and paranormal cravings.

The story is about Sarah Midnight, an orphan who was suddenly thrust into a world full of secrets and danger. She has a special power called “The dark water”
Catriona
Mar 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book! It reminded me alot of Buffy actually; a girl with the weight of the world on her shoulders, friends with secrets, mortal dangers etc. my biggest annoyance being the 'ending', which really is much more of a pause in the story than anything else. I'm really excited to see some Scottish teen fiction, published by a Scottish publisher that is completely mainstream, accessible and not too full of cliches. Just have to wait for number 2 now...
Juliana Zapata
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Tengo que ser sincera y diré que no esperaba nada de este libro y eso ayudo a que me sorprendiera mucho. Me ha encantado la historia de Sarah, los personajes y todo mundo. Ya quiero leer la segunda parte de la trilogía!

Reseña Completa: http://bastvilard.blogspot.com/2014/0...
Video-Reseña: http://youtu.be/FouBQD8G5aI
Emma
Feb 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: guest-reviews
REVIEW BY ISABELLE 8:6

Dreams by Daniela Sacerdoti, is about a young woman, Sarah Midnight, who is the daughter of two demon hunters. Each person in a family of demon hunters has a unique power. Sarah Midnight is the dreamer of the family and in her dreams she gets told where the demon will strike next!

The sudden, unexpected death of Sarah’s parents leaves her stunned!

It is up to Sarah to save the human race and finish her parents mission of demolishing the demon kind for good! Out of the blue he
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
3.5 Stars

Dreams is a story about Sarah Midnight; a seventeen-year-old girl who is grieving over the loss of her parents. Over the past few years Sarah has lost everyone close to her because of the family’s history. The Midnights are a legacy family, which means they fight demons from a secret world – one that’s very dangerous. Sarah was always left in the dark about her family’s fight but that didn’t stop the dreams. She has dreams that guide her to kill the evil demon’s but recently her dreams
Isa Cantos (Crónicas de una Merodeadora)
Es más un 4,5/5.

Lo primero que se me viene a la cabeza ahora mismo es: QUIERO. LEER. EL. SIGUIENTE. LIBRO. YA. ¿Qué tienen los autores con los cliffhangers justo en la última página, ah?

Me encantaron las historias de Sarah Midnight, "Harry Midnight", las Familias Secretas, las Valaya (en pocas palabras, gente mala) y la Sabha.

El libro se sitúa en Escocia, un lugar intrigante en sí mismo, y cuenta la historia de Sarah, una chica que ha quedado huérfana recientemente porque sus padres eran cazad
Shaz Goodwin
Apr 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
We start Sarah’s story at James and Anne’s funeral. Her maternal aunt, Juliet, is staying at Sarah’s family home. Juliet has no idea of the secret activities the Midnight family are involved with. The plan is for Sarah to move in with her aunt. With good timing, in walks Sarah’s cousin, Harry Midnight.

Sarah has had no training from her parents, she does not know the truth behind the hunting. Straight away Sarah is forced to use her power for the first time (with Harry by her side) and from that
Glinda Izabel
This was a very lovely read that catched me from the beginning! Dark, sometimes terrifying and with a glimpse of romance, Dreams is the first book by Daniela Sacerdoti I've ever read, and I've found it intriguing and very well constructed. The articulated plot turns around a lot of characters, using both first person and second person, giving a lot of different and interesting points of view.
The story is about Sarah Midnight, a seventeen years old girl with a huge weight on her shoulders since h
Cindy Roa
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh por Dios, ¡muy buen inicio de saga! Le coloco 4 estrellas y no 5 porque hay cosas que me recuerdan /en exceso/ a Cazadores de Sombras, pero entre cosa y cosa Daniela Sacerdoti logra plantear una mitología distinta y con personajes que se aman y se odian en iguales proporciones, sin duda alguna planeo seguir leyendo esta trilogía, el final fue TREMENDO y quedé con ganas de más.
Liz Barnsley
Excellent Part One to the Sarah Midnight trilogy. Glad I already have the other two on my pile. Great if you love YA magical mayhem. Full review to follow.
Dusty pages in Wonderland
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Reading the adventures of Sarah Midnight is like falling into a vortex in which you have the opportunity to know what will happen before the characters themselves do, remaining quite surprised when your expectations are pleasantly turned upside down. Unpredictable, interesting and engaging. But let's start from the beginning.
The scene opens on Sarah’s parents' funeral; they died under mysterious circumstances, at according to people. But Sarah knows that t
Sallysmurf
Apr 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Dreams is the first release in the Sarah Midnight trilogy by Daniela Sacerdoti. Having read her last book, Watch over me, I was keen to see how Daniela would make the transition from adult fiction into the world of YA and I have to say I think she’s succeeded spectacularly!

Dreams tells the story of Sarah Midnight. Sarah is a member of one of many secret mortal families whose job it is to rid this world of the demons trying to enter it. There are many ways that the mortals can fight back and this
Serendipity Reviews
Feb 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have to be honest and say I was just a tiny bit worried about reading this book. I loved Daniela's first book 'Watch Over Me'; it is one of my favourite reads from this year. However Watch Over Me was an adult book with a paranormal strain to it. I knew Dreams was going to be completely different. So I panicked a little and dare I say it, put off reading it until I began to see the excellent reviews appearing all over the blogosphere. Now I just want to slap myself for my stupidity, because as ...more
May 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
I've been looking forward to reading this for some time because even though there wasn't anything that jumped out about the story straight away I just really liked the idea of a story set in Scotland and having dreams be part of the battle ground. Dreams can attack in any way because they're dreams and there is basically nothing off the table of possibility. Sarah Midnight is only 17 but her life has never been what you'd call normal. She comes from a long line of demon hunters and family lines ...more
Cath
May 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fantasy lovers
Recommended to Cath by: the authro
Everyone has dreams, but seventeen-year-old Sarah Midnight has quite special ones. Every night she sees demons and they are real, her dreams guide her to them. While Sarah stays in her bed, her parents hunt these evil monsters.
This changes when her parents die while they are hunting. Now Sarah has to face the demons on her own and her parents didn’t leave instructions.
But luckily Harry, her long-estranged cousin, turns up and he guides her, because more and more demons are waiting to kill her…

A
Julie-anne
May 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Kirsty
Apr 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Sarah is an ordinary girl with dark secret which has placed the weight of the world on her shoulders. In her dreams she sees the most terrifying things and she's trying to make sense of a world in which people whom she doesn't know are trying to kill her because the fate of the world rests in her hands.

What I particularly liked about this book was that it was paranormal romance set in the UK. I loved how British it was and am now even more excited about visiting Edinburgh in the summer and seein
Kate’s Book Spot
Aug 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book after reading some good reviews for it, the blurb sounded interesting so I thought I’d give it a go.

It took me a little while to follow what was going on as there was so much information to take in at the beginning, I soon fell into the storyline though particularly once I learned the reason for Sarah’s parents being killed – this was a turning point for me.

The whole idea is very imaginative and as I was reading I felt a sense of urgency and extreme danger. The demons were sca
Steph
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The start of the book was pretty slow and I even thought not to finish it but I kept reading and Im glad I did because the plot was great. I started to admire Sarah, such a strong and delicate character. She is a girl that didnt get much attention from her parents because they were hunting but even if it was like that she admire them. Her life begins to change after her death and she has no one to rely on until Sean, a friend of her cousin, makes her believe he is actually her cousin in order to ...more
Natalie (weneedhunny)
This book turned out to be much better than I initially thought. It was a rather fast-paced and 'easy' read, nice for a change. I was surprised that the 'final battle' didn't finish before the book did. I know it's a trilogy, but I kind of thought it'd be the same concept as HG. Actually the type of writing was rather similar in a way, not a challenge language wise but it was a nice read. Ended with a cliff hanger so now I have to continue reading it.
Lisa Redmond
Apr 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book and if you are fan of great quality YA Fantasy I highly recommend it. I love that it's called Dreams because the author has a dream-like writing style creating a world of demons and supernatural powers with a gripping plot and really interesting characters. If you enjoyed this book and like supernatural romance check out Daniela's previous novel Watch Over Me.
Sebastian Palacios
Un muy buen comienzo de saga, me sorprendió y lo disfrute leyendo. Las 3 estrellas son porque me espere algo más de acción al final del libro y hubieron situaciones que la autora no escatimo en detalles y los paso muy superficialmente. El final del libro me dejo con toda la intriga al máximo y espero pronto hacerme con la segunda parte de esta trilogía que va por buen camino.
Betza Chial
3.5 Stars

El libro esta lleno de tanto sufrimiento y dolor, demonios, voces de personajes totalmente distintos entre sí, misterio, seres de inframundo, hechizos etc… Pero por alguna extraña razón no me encanto.
Ivonne Reza llergo
una historia increible!!! de verdad maravillosa!! te deja con las ganas de querer saber mas...simple y sencillamente es muy muy muy buena!!
Sonia Guerrero
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Me ha sorprendido mucho este primer libro, estoy ansiosa por empezar el siguiente. Me gustaron mucho cada una de las historias de los distintos personajes y la forma de escribir de Daniela.
Valentina
Dec 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-books, ya
Trovi la recensione in italiano qui ---> http://dustypagesinwonderland.blogspo...

Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 11, 2015 01:38PM
  • Changing Grace (Beyond Time, #2)
  • Dead Jealous (Poppy Sinclair, #1)
  • Surrender (Mimics of Rune, #2)
  • Sigrun's Secret
  • Predators of Darkness: Aftermath: Book One of the Darkness Series
  • Whisper of Light (Light, #2)
  • Beautiful Sins: Leigha Lowery  (The Thaneaddus Chronicles, #1)
  • Sovereign Hope (Hope, #1)
  • The Hole
  • The Wilderness (The Disappeared #2)
  • The 100 Society
  • FrostFire (Ruan, #2)
  • Zom-B Circus
  • Sword of Light (Pendragon Legacy, #1)
  • iFeel (Vis Vires Trilogy, #1)
  • Seers (Seers, #1)
  • A Bite's Tale (A Furry Fable)
  • The Devil's Triangle (The Devil's Triangle, #1)
Daniela Sacerdoti is a mother and a writer. Born in Naples, but brought up in a small village in the Italian Alps, she lives near Glasgow with her husband and sons. She steals time to write when everyone has gone to bed, or before they wake up. She’s a Primary teacher, but she chose to be at home with her children. She loves being with her boys, reading anything she can get her hands on and chatti ...more
More about Daniela Sacerdoti

Sarah Midnight (3 books)
  • Tide
  • Spirit (Sarah Midnight, #3)
“She’s my salvation. I burn, she’s water; I suffocate, she’s air – I can just imagine, when I am one with her, how light will flood my eyes, how the night will part and let me out into the day. When I break her, the light she has inside will come out, like a seal breaks to reveal the hidden message – and she’ll have to share that light with me. I’ll be saved, and she’ll be the one who falls. I’ll burn her down; I’ll kill her and give her life again. I’ll be true to her. I’ll never leave her, never.” 9 likes
“Not at all. Cooking is cool. I’ll make you one shaped like the moon.”
“Why the moon?”
“Because you remind me of the moon,” he said, and looked into his bowl. Sarah blushed.”
4 likes