Start by marking “Fire And Ice” as Want to Read:
Fire And Ice

Fire And Ice

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  34 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
In Fire and Ice, Nancy, a naïve but resourceful, kindhearted woman, marries her high school sweetheart. As a working wife and mother, Nancy perseveres, despite having an abusive, alcoholic husband.
Published December 9th 2011 by Infinity Pub

To ask other readers questions about Fire And Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire And Ice

Kathy Russo
Mar 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Won this book through a First Reads giveaway and received it today in the mail...I couldn't put it down after I started reading it.
Normally, I am not too keen on relationship novels, yet with Bellerose's work I felt a connection to it.

Nancy falls in love with her childhood sweetheart, Tom. She is very heartwarming and also very likable to everyone, but soon the situations that Nancy finds herself thrown into have Nancy realizing she has some very important decisions to make, that not only affe
Anthea Carson
Nov 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is very important. It deals with the very real situation of domestic violence. I believe that this book will help women stay out of bad relationships, and help women who are in this very painful situation to know that they are not alone. This can be very important because usually one feels incredibly alone when they are a victim of domestic violence. I related to a lot of the struggles the main character went through, they are very typical and difficult. People say it is so easy to lea ...more
Melanie Adkins
Apr 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
Nancy's life is nothing like she thought it would be. She's in a bad marriage with in-laws who don't like her and trying to keep her family financially afloat. She even went so far as to move from Poland to the United States in hopes things would get better. However, her mother-in-law had other ideas. She poisoned her son against Nancy, his wife, and her family. The things the mother-in-law says helps increase her son's anger toward Nancy and beatings become a regular occurrence.

This story is
Jeannie Walker
Aug 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is definitely a story most people can relate to whether married or not. We have all been in a relationship at least one time in our lives.
I personally know what it is like to live with an abusive mate.
Where does a woman draw the line between leaving an abusive husband while still trying to keep the family together? It is like walking a tightrope with no training of what to do and what not to do. It is not easy trying to figure out what has gone wrong and what can I do to fix it. Troublesom
InD'tale Magazine
The story deals with a serious matter. Reading about Nancy’s life wasn’t easy, how hard she had to work for any modicum of happiness, how she didn’t have anyone who would stand behind her and support her (and do it right).

Read full review in the 2013 June issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Crystal (Books Are Sanity!!!)
Nancy and Tom are high school sweethearts who end up marrying. Tom’s mother has never approved of Nancy and is constantly belittling her to Tom and trying to cause problems in their relationship. Tom is immature and does whatever his Mom tells him to do. Nancy is naïve and thinks that love can conquer all. She finds out that Tom is not the person that she believed him to be. He becomes an alcoholic and abuses her. They have a daughter and he still continues his poor behavior.

The story line of t
DJ Swykert
Feb 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Fire and Ice is an authentic look at two serious problems, spousal abuse and alcoholism. The books straight forward narrative style makes Nancy and Tom’s story poignant and her anguish convincing. It spares the reader the graphic details of the violence undermining the relationship without sacrificing it as the root cause of the problem. Dianna chose to focus on the day to day trauma people living with alcoholism and abuse experience and her book is a better read for it. Fire and Ice concludes l ...more
Brenda Perlin
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This harrowing story caught my attention from the start. My heart ached for this woman and her daughter. Abuse is abuse and it doesn't matter if there is a marriage certificate that comes along with it. There is nothing worse than staying in a bad relationship. Trying to depend on your own happiness through someone else can be a never ending battle. There comes a time when you have to take responsibility and find it on your own.

This emotional story felt realistic and the writing was clear and ri
Elizabeth
Nov 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Amusing and light - Liam Campbell spent a little too much time being befuddled for my liking, but the book had delightful highlights in characterization and romance.
Maria Elena
Feb 13, 2013 rated it liked it
An unusual story, made you think and realize that this could be true.a woman,s personal problems with her in-laws and indifferent husband.
Marc-Antoine
Although I do appreciate the free book and that the author took the time to sign it for me, the story and writing style just was not my cup of tea.
Mandy Trouten
Jul 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fire and Ice is very informative. I think a lot of people could find it very helpful, especially as it concerns understanding domestic and familial abuse and their impact on people.
Candy O'Donnell
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a must read for anyone. The storyline will tug at your heartstrings and bring out fury, love, and every other emotion. Read Fire and Ice and find out what you are missing!
Liz
rated it did not like it
Mar 18, 2014
Jan 22, 2013
Lynne Howell
May 03, 2013
Dianna Bellerose
Jan 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Please review and tell me what your thought are about my book ♥ 1 7 Mar 03, 2012 03:39PM
What are your thoughts about this book? 1 7 Feb 25, 2012 03:21PM
  • Parallel Pasts
  • The Shade Tree Choir
  • Yearning for Nothings and Nobodies
  • Under the Influence
  • Life in a Marital Institution: Twenty Years of Monogamy in One Terrifying Memoir
  • Magic in the Backyard
  • Tales of a New Jersey Nothing
  • A Life Worth Living
  • The Twenty (Barronlands Trilogy, #1)
  • My Father's Prostitute: Story of a Stolen Childhood
  • Sarah Smiles
  • Not One Of Them: A Story of Adoption, Alcoholism and Abuse
  • Get Real, Mum, Everybody Smokes Cannabis!
  • Insanity Plea
  • Don't Call Me Angel
  • Vinson's Christmas: And Other Oddities
  • A Game of Chance (Dana Whitestone #2)
  • Behind Closed Doors (DI Beatrice Stubbs #1)
Diana Bellerose is born and raised in Eastern Europe. She grew up in a working class family. As a little girl she spends most of her childhood with her grandparents. Presently, she lives with her husband, daughter and their two dogs and cat in Seattle, WA. She has finished Edmonds Community College in May 2004. Later on, she has found passion for writing about family and the obstacles they face i ...more
More about Dianna Bellerose