Start by marking “Moonspun Magic” as Want to Read:
Moonspun Magic

Moonspun Magic (Magic Trilogy #3)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  1,561 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Dear Listener:

Moonspun Magic is the third book in the series, first published in 1988.

You've already met Rafael Carstairs, the mysterious sea captain who worked against Napoleon in Calypso Magic. He's a civilian now and traveling to see his twin brother, Damien Carstairs Baron Drago, in Cornwell. In the middle of a moonless night, Rafael rescues a young girl, Victoria Aber
Audio CD
Published January 1st 2012 by Brilliance Audio (first published August 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Moonspun Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moonspun Magic

Obsidian
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Please note that I gave this 3.5 stars and rounded it up to 4 stars here.

Trigger warning: Rape.

I read this for Romance Book Bingo 2017: Twins square.

I have to say that the third book in this trilogy is my favorite. Maybe because this book calls back a location from one of Coulter's medieval books, I want to say "Fire Song". I have to look it up. Either way, I loved the little Easter eggs that are dropped. Plus we get to see characters we have known now through two other books. I really did enj
Kari
Jun 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, 2012
I think I liked Moonspun Magic the best out of the Magic trilogy. I had liked Rafael's character in the previous book, Calypso Magic. It was nice to see that he wasn't really a pirate, but a spy for the government. While a bit naive, Victoria give Rafael a run for his money. I thought they were well matched. Since this is a trilogy, the characters from the first two books show up in this one. It is always nice to "catch up" with familiar characters. Ms. Coulter has also added in a very evil char ...more
Amanda Caswell
While fleeing the advances of her brother-in-law, she runs into his identical twin brother. While trying to repair the family rift, they stumble upon a mystery involving a revival of the Hell Fire Club. The story was sweet, the sex easy to skip, and the mystery rather intriguing. The denouement was rather fast, and the quick change of the villain almost unbelievable, but it was an enjoyable read. On an interesting side note, this was the second book I picked up at the library that week which inv ...more
Rachel (Sfogs)
Dec 12, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookcrossing
Saddly as this book was sent to me (with a pile of others) from overseas it's unlikely that I'll ever be able to read the first two books in this series. They aren't even in the library!

This was a great story though at times a bit predictable, and the amount of times I wanted to reach into the story and shake Victoria and tell her to "just show him the damn leg" were uncountable.
Sue
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
I enjoyed this book it had an interesting cast of characters in the story, the plot was well used in the sense that it's been used before. The middle was a bit soft because it kept rolling around the same theme. But, it had a strong finish.

3.5
Marian
Mar 12, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this back in the early 90s and only vaguely remember Captain Rafael Carstairs. I haven't begun it yet...it's on my too-read-next table.

Coulter was rather harder on her heroines during these years. I found myself wanted to slug Rafael frequently.
Michael
Oct 10, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The hero and heroine were okay, but the villain did some horrible things and got away scot-free. He really needed to get what was coming to him and I was disappointed that he didn't.
Amy
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The final book in the trilogy was very well written. Considering it has been quite sometime since I read the first two books it was like reading another novel entirely that could stand by itself if necessary. I really appreciated that. Of course the identical twin thing does get rather overused at times but it's the skillful handling of the plot device that makes or breaks a book and I thought the author did a wonderful job. There was of course the standard twin shenanigans as well as The typica ...more
Jennifer Henschel
I love this book and have read it about 15 times.
Michelle
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
Pretty dark topics (rape) throughout vs happy fluffy romance. Raphael acted like an idiot to Victoria over and over and just expected her to forgive him - it was pretty annoying.
Giaghazal
Moonspun Magic left me uncomfortable. I want my villains get punishments, and I want my heroes to do some heroic acts instead of spending their time inside the heroines ( pardon for my crudeness ) , but I never saw a single heroic muscle in Rafael. Every single villain was forgiven and they all lived happily ever after, probably doing their acts somewhere else or sometime later. If CC wanted to end her novel this way, she should not have invested my heart against the tales of satanic acts. Who a ...more
KR Garland
Jan 25, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
both the hero and villain were evil. rafe only had to dominate her sexually and all would be fine? I was disgusted by this. I tried to finish but couldn't. luckily I remembered I was reading on my kindle or I would have thrown it across the room as I have with others. just another horrible book were it wasn't rape because she climaxed. if coulter is male then this crap is exactly what one would expect from a male "romance" writer. if its a woman, the story is even more insulting to anyone male o ...more
Thenia
A bit disjointed at times and overly dramatic, this is the story of the good vs. bad twin and the woman in between. A secret perverted club added, whose leader is a mystery I figured out early on, and misunderstandings and highhandedness and pride that make the main hero and heroine fight quite a bit, prolonging the drama.

It has its good moments but it's not a story I would want to re-read.
Ty
Sep 10, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was wondering how it was that I read book 1 and 2 in the series and hadn't read the 3rd book Moonspun Magic. Now I know why I don't enjoy reading about clans and how this one was basically raping virgins. I had a hard time understanding how a father would get paid to have the gang take him virgin daughter for the night.
Brittany
Jun 14, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I feel jealous of this girl in this book I mean two twins, curvy body, everybody wants her, and yet she only dates the one twin! Oh, but what an interesting story plot! Very good book! I do recommend this book so READ IT!!
Stephen
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been reading books by Catherine Coulter for some time now and I absolutely fell in love with Moonspun Magic. It is a great romance novel and is highly recommended to anyone looking for an adventure.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Ooh, I liked Rafael. He's the good twin. Although Damien is a lovely name too. Victoria and Rafael together was sweet. The usual good HEA story I've come to expect from Ms. Coulter. This is an enjoyable Sunday afternoon read.
Chris
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Two major issues: The H spent the majority of the book proud of his ability to control his wife through sex, since wives, like children and ship crews, need to be kept in their places. The evil twin villain enjoys gang raping YOUNG virgins, but in the end he's not all that bad? What!?
Kathy
Aug 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Evil twin, secret societies, physical deformity revealed after the wedding! This book was a hoot!
Lesli
May 27, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, 1999
Typical historical. Good/evil twins. A Hell Fire club. As is typical for CC, the previous characters show up in this book.
Cassandra
Jul 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down
Jul 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
enjoyed it. quick read. wanted to hit the male protagonist over the heada few times for being supremely male, coulter nails that!
Megan
Jan 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rafael and Victoria...and Damien...and the hellfire club. Lord, so many stories come together and it works. I swear, I love Catherine.
Debbie
Jun 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These books are fast reads and full of controversy to keep me interested. I can't believe I am reading love stories...lol
Katherine ang
Sep 18, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The least likable book of catherine coulter. I didn't even finish the book.
Carol Anderson
Jul 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Magic Trilogy #3
Judy
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She's a very good writer, I love all her books.
Terri
Feb 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-read-books, 2015
#3 in the series not that good. 2twins Damien and Rafeal and Victoria.
Seema
Rafael car stairs and Victoria..it was okay
Linda
Jan 28, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Coulter
  • Till Dawn Tames the Night
  • Twice Fallen (Ladies in Waiting, #2)
  • His Wicked Kiss (Knight Miscellany, #7)
  • Petals in the Storm (Fallen Angels, #3; Regency, #2)
  • The Perfect Lady Worthe
  • I Thee Wed (Vanza, #2)
  • Impulse
  • Desired
  • Come Back to Me (Viking & Saxon, #3)
  • Guardian Angel (Crown's Spies, #2)
  • My Only Love
  • Vanity (V, #7)
  • The Last Rogue (Regency Quartet, #4)
  • Paradise Wild
  • Lost Love, Last Love (Brandon-Morgan #3)
  • The Enchanted Land
  • Brazen (Braddock-Black, #4)

Magic Trilogy (3 books)
  • Midsummer Magic (Magic Trilogy, #1)
  • Calypso Magic (Magic Trilogy, #2)