Start by marking “Christmas Runaway” as Want to Read:
Christmas Runaway

Christmas Runaway

3.15  ·  Rating details ·  109 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
A romantic Christmas story about a teenage runaway and the woman who finds her - taking place on Vancouver Island.
Kindle Edition, first , 10 pages
Published December 6th 2011 by Mimi Barbour

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Runaway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Runaway

Sheila
Nov 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: christmas
This was a little unbelievable story from the start to the end I felt. {Spoiler Alert} From the lady spending the whole day out shopping, eating, airport (with her dog?)to her dog finding the teenager, carrying the teenager back to the car, to the father finding them and inviting them and feeding them at her house. Then at the end they fall in love! Really? This all happens in one day/night.
Theta Sigma
Nov 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Another freebie from the lovely peeps at Amazon and the main story for this one starts with lead character Sara being stuck in a snow drift thanks to her dog. When the dog runs away, she literally runs into a teenager by the name of Amy who has recently moved due to her father's job and who has run away from her father because of said job.

This is a nice little Christmas family drama which is longer than the ten pages advertised on Amazon and took me around four days on and off reading due to wor
Dee
Dec 22, 2013 rated it liked it
The first time being a single mom you make the decision to let your only son stay with a friend over the holidays, cause it would be so cool to be in Hawaii. So you plan dinner and a movie after you drop Kai at the airport. Everything went well you got all dressed up and you feel pretty but the movie ran a little later than you thought. Oh no, the weather has turned into a snow storm. You even felt sorry for you for dog, Pegi a Samoyed and took it with you too. On the way back Pegi starts acting ...more
Rachel
A cute, short story. The characters were done quite well, especially for such a short time to "show" them. Amy, the young girl acted as a lot of young girls might - at least they might want to - when adjusting to a new location, school, etc which is hard to do and would be extremely rough on a 13 year old girl. I like Jack, although there wasn't much time devoted to him. I loved that Mimi included the missing son (who'd gone to Hawaii with a friend) by having him "call" his Mom on the computer. ...more
Kylie Stoneburner
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
Deb Diem
Dec 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Christmas Runaway by Mimi Barbour is a very short read, perfect for those with limited time for reading or a lunch break read. Ms Barbour has delivered a clean, sweet holiday read. This story is appropriate for any age. The characters are lovable and make this an enjoyable short story. I enjoyed Christmas Runaway and look forward to reading more from Ms Barbour in the future. This is a complete book, not a cliff-hanger.
Patti Trantham
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked it and felt many of the reviews harsh. Totally plausible plot for a 'happily-ever-after' short story.The abrupt ending could be improved by an epilogue -- Kai assists Amy's social entry at school and on the soccer field, Pegi gets a canine pal, and Jack and Sara tie the matrimonial knot. Very few grammatical/spelling errors in this one. Overall, a nice way to spend an hour with coffee and biscotti.
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
This is the same author that wrote "Loveable Christmas Angel (Angels with Attitudes)". I didn't realise it when I started reading it although it quickly became apparent as there are similarities to both stories. If you like this book then you will like that one, and vice versa. For me, they are both a bit too mediocre. Pleasant enough but nothing to grab and keep hold of my attention.
April
Dec 10, 2012 rated it liked it
I would have actually liked to read more of this story. It started off pretty promising and just as it was getting you hooked, it's over. The main character and the girl's father got "involved" much to quickly. Had it been a longer book, it could have been extended for a better, more realistic, heart warming Christmas love story. That says a lot considering I don't usually like romances. lol
MissyDevoursDelishReads
Christmas Runaway by author Mimi Barbour is a heartwarming little holiday edition I downloaded as an Amazon freebie. This is indeed rather short, I as the reader wished there was more, however it is a lead up to the next book, mind you. A sampling was also included at the end, & I would follow up I believe I have it on my Kindle. Fan girl right here. I love my Mimi Barbour reads!
Paige
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was ok
Cute enough but even for a short story not nearly enough development with the characters or the story or romance. To me the romance was kind of phoned in and not really believable. I didn't hate it but it was just okay.
Karen
Jan 13, 2015 rated it liked it
It was a slow moving story. It starts of good with a story line but got boring. And the ending was blunt and not very good.
But I will not be deterred I will try other books of Mimi to see of I like them
T.
Dec 05, 2014 rated it liked it
I downloaded Christmas Runaway as a free book from Amazon. Plot wasn't very believable, especially the insta-love between the two adults. It was a quick HEA read, but too short to have any real meat to it.
Lisa
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great, sweet short story

Such a quick, sweet read. Would love to read a full length novel about this couple and their dating escapades.
Literary  Chanteuse
An enjoyable short story that surprises you with a not so usual circumstances for a holiday book. Also a reminder to treasure your loved ones especially this time of year.
Mimi Barbour
Jan 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This was a romantic short story about a teenage runaway lost in a freak snowstorm and the woman who finds her and then the frantic father who has to rescue them both.
Kathee
Dec 22, 2014 rated it liked it
ended suddenly, too suddenly.
Renee
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
To short!
Jeanne Mccartney
Dec 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Quick easy holiday read.
Lillie
This was very short, so there wasn't much room for a long romance, but the couple fell in love very quickly. Even so, it was an enjoyable, heart-warming story.
Darcysmom
Dec 28, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a sweet short story. I would have given it a higher rating if the author had devoted a couple more pages to developing the characters.
Roger
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute, enjoyable short holiday read by a new author
Stephanie
Dec 10, 2014 rated it did not like it
start to finish this story is horrible. i would be so freaked out if i took a strange man home and hes squeezing my hand and telling me hes waited for me forever!!!
Pam Boles
  • A Spy for Christmas
  • Catch That Santa
  • A Special 'Ops and Cops Christmas:Sexy Romantic Suspense Holiday Novella
  • Harlequin Holiday Collection: Four Classic Seasonal Novellas
  • The Christmas Honeymoon  (Holiday Luv, #1)
  • Without You- A Christmas Short Story
  • Magic at Macy's
  • Home for Christmas (The Perfect Gift)
  • The Sun Zebra
  • Alias Dragonfly
  • A Dixie Christmas (includes Cajun, #7.5)
  • A Family Forever
  • Paranormal Realities (A Paranormal Romantic Suspense Box Set)
  • Save Me, Santa
  • Silent Night, Unexpected Night
  • Pups in Tea Cups
  • Kiss of the Christmas Wind
Mimi is an incredibly busy New York Times, USA Today and award-winning, best-selling author who has five series to her credit. The Vicarage Bench Series – Spirit/Time -Travel tales that have a surprising twist / The Angels with Attitude Series – Angels Love Romance / The Elvis Series – Make an Elvis song a book / Vegas Series – 6 books full of romantic suspense, humor and gritty conflicts / and… t ...more
More about Mimi Barbour...