Start by marking “The Whored's Prayer (Whored, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Whored's Prayer (Whored, #2)

The Whored's Prayer

(Knives & Flowers #2)

Branded. Back-stabbed. Bloodthirsty. Ready for one more kiss of the knife?

Some ax murderers are nicer than Joseph Merchant--or so he'd have his law proteges think. Maybe that's why lawyer-turned-escort Leila can't say no to him: she's got a thing for men with knives.

Joseph bought Leila's services for the whole of their New York business trip. The more they explore their
268 pages
Published June 4th 2012 by Lyrical Press, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Whored's Prayer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Whored's Prayer

Start your review of The Whored's Prayer (Whored, #2)
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Morgan Knives and flowers 2 Title by SueBee_zpsnue09x13.jpg
 photo bl2 story xB by sb_zpspx8qqjns.gif
 photo bl2 stat 70 xBQ by sb_zpstbrz1um5.gif
★★★★ 1/2! Breaking Joseph, book 2 of 2. The conclusion of Leilas erotic journey orchestrated by her boss Joseph, the Chairman of the Whored!

He looked every inch the wolf, groomed and stuffed into a suit.

Books in Knives & Flowers series should be read in order:
Book 1: Breaking Leila
Book 2: Breaking Joseph

In Breaking Leila (book 1) law intern Leila Vaughn, Lei-Lei aka Charlottes side job as an escort was discovered by her boss, the mysterious and sinister law firm partner, Joseph
CC
4.25 Stars

With the powerful ending of Breaking Leila, it seems as though Leila and Joseph have finally pierced through their barriers; however, as Breaking Joseph opens, there are still layers of complex feelings that must be shattered in order for them to move forward. As such, the second and final book in this series is heavily character driven and delves into Leilas acceptance of herself. The plot arc continues to rise throughout part two into an even more compelling story.

Tell me: do you
Lye
Sep 11, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

THREE STARS

I just finished recently and have been on the fence about how I should rate this one but I kept flip-flopping between a 2.5 to 4 so I guess this is it.

Let me explain.

The first book in the series focuses more on Leila coming to terms with her two worlds colliding--friends of prim tax lawyer meet the rambunctious life of Charlotte, Leila's call girl counter part. The second book in the series starts off right where the first one left off and we get to see Leila and Joseph's
Candace
Forbidden Romance With A Hint Of Darkness

This second book in the 'Knives & Flowers' series picks up the story of Leila, where the first book left off. This time around, Leila is more decisive and seems to know who she wants. There is far less flip-flopping between Joseph and Matt, thankfully.

Just as you start to think that everything has finally worked out for Leila, a big wrench is thrown into the plans. Suddenly, Leila's career, and everything she's worked so hard for is in jeopardy.
Ashley
May 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I don't know if I should hate that it's over or be happy for the ending was spectacular?
description
That was such an emotional ride... god damn. Joseph and Leila..
description
That happily ever was definitely deserved.
And honestly, Fuck Isobel and Poppy.
description
THAT WAS SO DAMN INTENSE. WOW.
description
I think Matt deserves an applause, for he was a dick but he came through in the end and did what was right.
description
I just only wish Aidan also had a happily ever after...
description
"5 FUCKING BRILLIANT, HEART BREAKING, FINALLY HAPPY ENDING STARS"
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
And the sequel is just as good as the first book!
I really liked how Lucy V. Morgan kept the consistency of her story and her characters and in the end didn't change them!
That takes courage and I love that! The story loved it too, brcause it worked so well!!!

Full review to come!
Myla
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing series!!!
*review to come*
Ni_kii
Ever since she got involved with Joseph Merchant, Leilas life has dramatically altered. She has become his personal prostitute after his discovery of her side job as Charlotte the prostitute and has spent months enjoying debauched sex with the Chairman of the Whored himself. Since her break-up with Matt, Joseph has been less discrete about their affair, showing her off to his oldest friends and work-colleges with a devil-may-care attitude that is at odds with the reality of the situation. No one ...more
Jessy (Jessy's Book Club)
I wanted him with something more than abandon conviction. Now, this other emotion blossomed and it gave depth to my desire. I wanted to know every inch of him, to be his living map and his willing canvas. Id never thought of love as a want to submit, and yet there I was, surrendered before Id even touched him, and something other than my pulse uttered the command.

I couldnt love this book more! Incredibly written, incredibly smutty, incredibly funny, incredibly heartfelt going to my favorites
Sunny
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think I loved this one even more than the first. I loved watching Leila and Joseph grow individually and as a couple. I loved everything about Joseph. He not only accepted her for who she was, but helped to accept herself.
Everyone should have a Joseph in their life.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The Romance Review

Lei-lei, what are you doing? Are you on drugs? Are you on an acid trip? We return to Leila's train wreck of a relationship with Joseph, Matt, Aidan and Charlie. Joseph is still her boss and his nickname is "Chairman of the Whore". Seriously, who dates a man known for whoring around and is proud of it? That would be Leila who is uniquely qualified as her alter-ego Charlotte, a high paid prostitute, erescort.

I did tell myself I wouldn't read the follow up book to Leila's whoring ways because it
Lucy Morgan
Apr 06, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This book is a repackaged version of The Whored's Prayer. If you want to read more reviews, you can look at the original title here: The Whored's Prayer
Cee Smith
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
--3.5 Stars--

I bumped it up to four stars because the story is actually quite good. The characters are very well developed, I liked the plot of this book--we were able to see a deeper side to Leila (and Joseph for that matter) that we didn't get to see in book 1. The reason why I couldn't give it a full four stars was because while Lucy's writing style is beautiful, I think the metaphors and similes sometimes got away from her. It got to the point where I was expecting them and not in a good
Meggie
I wavered between giving this book three or four stars. In the end, I decided on four. I did this because not only is the writing good, but because it was refreshing to see a happy ending for a character that may want something different than what is socially "acceptable."

That being said, I did prefer the first book in this series. I didn't read this one quite as quickly. Part of it seemed dragged out but overall, it was a very, very good series.

Things I liked:
-The character development. Lucy
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Jun 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, erotic, request, romance
Reviewed by Mustang Sally

Be sure your secrets will surely come to light

Leila is a lawyer in training who, to pay a family debt, became a whore in her off-time in Chairman of the Whored. She never knew how much she would enjoy the freedom that lifestyle gave her. In this newest installment, Leila has paid her debt and is out of business or so she thought until someone decides to blackmail her and she almost loses everythingincluding her heart.

This is the second book in the series and the author
Jeannie Zelos
Aug 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Whored's Prayer. Lucy V Morgan

Whored Book Two. Sequel to Chairman of the Whored.
I was given this copy free for review, but as always on the basis that my opinion is honestly held, and whether paid for or free my views are not influenced by that. Integrity is important to me and gushing false reviews do neither author or reader any favours. As always my views are what I honestly feel about this book.

Lucy has sharpened the knife again for another erotic peep into Leila's world. As part of his
Gimlet Edge
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is not cookie cutter erotica. No dungeon play or dark dom guiding an initiate. Yes, boundaries are breached, breasts plundered, and transcendent orgasms are torn from between trembling thighs. Lots of orgasms. But in Chairman it's your brain that gets off best.

When aspiring attorney Leila Vaughn discovered that her parents had effectively bankrupted themselves to put her through law school, she was compelled to save the family estate. At least, that's what she's told herself is the reason
Replicant Rachel
that ending!!! just right!

loved every moment of this book, I can't think of what to say about it but it was more intense and emotional than BL, but in a better more conscious way, also it was hotter, sweeter, who knew Joseph has a wicked sense of humor?!! I will definitely check up on more Lucy V.Morgan books, *sigh* another tall fictional blond I got a crush on, I blame a certain fictional Blondie for that, <.< , had me developing a blond crush and no escaping it...

it is a teeny tiny
Lavinia D
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mi-a placut si aceasta a doua carte a autoarei...continuarea cartii Breaking Leila, desi mi-a placut mai mult celalalt titlu: Chairman of the Whored. Nu ma intrebati de ce....
Anyhow, autoarea are un stil extraordinar de a scrie, iar metaforele sunt excelent folosite. Cartea este o combinatie reusita de erotism, drama si are o portie generoasa de umor. N
Mi-a placut foarte tare modul de a privi lucrurile al personajelor principale: Leila si Joseph, modul lor de a privi relatiile si modul de viata
Sonya Clark
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotic-romance
After reading the first book in this series, Chairman of the Whored, this one was an auto-buy. Lucy V. Morgan created characters that are as fascinating as they are frustrating, then threw them into a tangled mess of emotions, sex, and love. Even better than that is the writing itself - lush, dizzying prose that is sensual even outside of the sex scenes. I was very happy with the way things ultimately worked out for Leila and I hope the series is continued because Aidan very much needs his own ...more
Maria Jensen
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So incredibly hot! Could not put it (or the first book 'Breaking Leila') down. Read both pretty much non-stop, in 1 day. And will probably keep going back to read it over and over.
Despite being seen from Leila's view, All the characters are well described and relatable. However, would have loved for some of the story to be from Joe's point of view.
Definitely worth reading
Big
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-favorites, erotic
Great ending... I love the way this book, or the whole story, ends; to lose everything and come back stronger. It's funny how things almost come back full circle for her best friend. Some of the heartache may not have happened if Leila had introduced them early on. The chase scene in the snow is beautiful...
Roline Bautista
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The steamy conclusion to the Knives and flowers series. And I definitely love it!!!!!!

Joseph and Leila totally deserve each other, there were bumps and problems along the way but surely they still found love on their unconventional set-up. LOVE IT!!!
Emma Payne
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this sequel! It was just as good, if not better, than the first! The ending did not disappoint, and I just can't get enough of these characters...and all those steamy scenes - WOW! Ms. Morgan really topped herself with this one!
Big Joe  Rossi
Feb 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very good conclusion to the series.

Leila has to deal with trouble from jealous people. An ex, ex coworkers, trouble just smacks throw in everyone seems to hate Joseph, no matter how much she defend him.

When everything comes to a head will anything be as she wants it?
Onnica (I Love Romantic Fiction blog)
Review to follow
Megan Fields
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Whoa this just got a whole lot darker and I have to admit I enjoyed it just a little. The scenes were very well written and this story will be one I read multiple times.
Raven
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
4.5
Blagica
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i adored this book! I read it in such a hurry but i needed to see how it would play out. Leila and Joseph so cute!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Untouchable
  • Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions
  • Shades of Dark (Dock Five Universe, #2)
  • Thirty Days of Shame
  • No Safeword
  • The Second Betrayal (Lexi Steele, #2)
  • Revelations (Blue Bloods, #3)
  • The Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods, #4)
  • Sold (Alien Space Pirates, #2)
  • Saved (Alien Space Pirates, #3)
  • Masquerade (Blue Bloods, #2)
  • Baby of Shame
  • The Reality of You
  • When Alex Was Bad
  • The Next Contestant
  • The Fall
  • Misfits, Gemstones, and Other Shattered Magic (The Dowser, #8)
  • Gemstones, Elves, and Other Insidious Magic (The Dowser #9)

@LucyVMorgan

Lucy V. Morgan writes sharp contemporary fiction, usually with a liberal splatter of filth. She is the author of the dark, hot KNIVES & FLOWERS duo and the stand-alones TWISTED SUMMER and BEAUTIFUL MESS.

In her new adult parody, TOUSLE ME, Lucy pays homage to her genre in the best way she knows how: by mocking it mercilessly.

Lucy lives in

Knives & Flowers (2 books)
  • Chairman of the Whored (Whored, #1)

News & Interviews

“Most girls have a recipe for disaster, but few of them actually find all the ingredients and bake them at the right temperature. If they did, they'd learn to measure more accurately and that they ought to clean up their mess as they go along.” 2 likes
“Women rule each other. They say that behind every great man there's a great woman, and that may well be right, but behind that woman is a not-so-great one, bawling her eyes out. She's not crying because she didn't meet the man's standards; she's crying because the other woman made them too high” 1 likes