Start by marking “The White Wolf (A to Z Mysteries, #23)” as Want to Read:
The White Wolf (A to Z Mysteries, #23)

The White Wolf (A to Z Mysteries #23)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  1,366 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
Help Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose solve mysteries from A to Z!

Kids love collecting the entire alphabet and super editions! With over 8 million copies in print, the A to Z Mysteries(R) have been hooking chapter book readers on mysteries and reading for years. Now this classic kid favorite is back with a bright new look!

W is for Wolf . . . Where could those wolves be? When
Published November 23rd 2004 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published 2004)

May 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mom-read-aloud
Davey: "I liked the White Wolf. My favorite part of the book is when we got to see the white wolf. I don't like when the girls won the boat race."

Gordon: "The ending half of the book I liked, because there were cooler pictures. I liked when they got the wolves back, but I didn't like when they were stolen."

May 24, 2015
Jasmine Aikey
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The white wolf is about 3 kids named Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose. All 3 of them are going to see their friend Wallis Wallace in Maine at her cabin. Once they get there they witness something terrifying, Wolf pups are stolen from their mother. They have to find out who stole them before someone starts suspecting they stole them.
I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars because I love mystery books. I liked how the author explained everything in so much detail. I also liked how he drew me in with a hook and
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like these mysteries because a lot of them deal with things kids might actually run into and how to handle it. In this one, the kids see some baby wolves stolen from a den they’re watching through a telescope. It’s very interesting and informative.
Jean Hall
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Even though this is a children's book, I liked it.
Jaden Villafania
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was the last book for me to read in the whole series! :D
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such beautiful creatures.
Kylee Carlson
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
was reading with Boo, never finished
Deepthi Herga
Nov 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: snugli-books
My 7 - year old has finished the entire set of the A to Z mysteries (including all the super editions). I started reading them because I wanted to find out how good these mysteries are and after I started, I finished the entire set myself. This will be a common review for all the books in the set (so please forgive me if you see this repeated under another book).

First of all, the mystery part of the book is fairly simple for an adult, but I can see how it can keep a kid engrossed. The characters

January Joker (Calendar Mysteries, #1) by Ron Roy The Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #1) by David A. Adler Encyclopedia Brown, Boy Detective (Encyclopedia Brown, #1) by Donald J. Sobol Jigsaw Jones' Detective Tips (Jigsaw Jones Mystery) by James Preller The Boxcar Children (The Boxcar Children, #1) by Gertrude Chandler Warner The Clue Of The Left-Handed Envelope Ready-for-chapters (Third-Grade Detectives) by George E. Stanley The Ghost of Popcorn Hill by Betty Ren Wright

Has girl in wheelchair and wheelchair is incidental to story, tho condition is explained.
Jun 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Title: The White Wolf

Author: Ron Roy

Series: A to Z Mysteries #23

Rating: ★★★★

Summary: W is for Wolf... Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose are thrilled to visit Wallis Wallace at her new cabin in the Maine wilderness. On their very first day, they glimpse a white wolf and her babies on a cliff. But soon after the kids spy the wolf family, the pups are wolf-napped! Can Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose sniff out the culprits before the white wolf starts suspecting them?

Review: This installment lacked finesse; it la
Dec 03, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is an interesting story that involves both protecting wild animals as well as understanding a little bit about disabilities. The three detectives visit the Maine seashore and have another adventure with their favorite author, Wallis Wallace. The plot wasn't very realistic, but our girls liked it anyway. Our girls have really enjoyed the books in the A to Z Mysteries series and look forward to reading the last few books.
Jul 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book is about Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose visiting Wallace Wallace, a famous mystery writer. They look in a telescope and see people stealing baby wolves from their den and taking them away in a boat. Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose use a recorder to get the mother to listen to her kids crying. They try to find the babies using the recorder. I liked this book because it was interesting how the mom found her kids.
Kimberly Ward
This is a good mysteries series for students starting chapter books and a great introduction to the mystery genre. In this book the kids have been watching a mother white wolf and her pups through a telescope when they see two people come and steal the puppies while the mother is away. Who stole the puppies and why...the kids are off to solve the problem.
John Hostetter
Aug 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
As a youngin' I was always drawn to mystery stories and even now I am drawn to mystery stories but obviously a different age group. I think this is a great series to get young readers imaginations or problem solving skills moving by piecing clues and getting their own intuition going. This series would be great for read aloud and class discussion about the classic whodunit!
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose visit Wallis Wallace. There, they meet Abbi, her daughter. The wolf pups that live there are stolen!
Can Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose find the people who stole the wolves and get them back?
This book is fantastic. I like it a lot. You should read this book because it is super duper interesting.
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The culprits were two greedy people that stole the baby wolves to sell to a rich guy. They got fired and caught and the pups got back to their mother. I recommend this book to those that love mysteries. ...more
May 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: allstons-books
Geoff finished the last half of this book with Allston so i'm not sure what happened. Allston said the wolf ate the kids but I don't think thats how a kid book would end. Allston liked reading it with us so overall it was a good book to read.
Mar 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Remember book 1, with the Absent Author, she back in this book. She adopts a girl named Abbi who is 12 and in a wheelchair. Abbi helps Josh, Dink and Ruth Rose solve the mystery of the missing wolf pups.
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
My children really enjoyed this book in the series. Fun characters, fast plot, easy to read. If you've read all of the earlier books in the series, this book also has characters from other mysteries.
May 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have only read one chapter and it is rilly . good I hope they see the wholf.
Apr 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
Oliver James
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved the wolves!
Catherine Manivanh
Aug 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
this book was so cool
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read this in order to help my 9 year old daughter with a school project. She disliked it, and I can understand why.
Kristin King
An A to Z Mystery that we enjoyed because of the animals and young investigators.
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When dink and his friends get invited to sleep over at there favorite authors castle they sight a white wolf then they figure out that the white wolf's baby's are kidnap.
Jan 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Good mystery series for beginning readers. Plot moves smoothly and covers some good topics for kids while including humor and action.
May 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
it was good.
Mar 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: a-z-mysteries
I thought this was the best book out of the series. It didn't sound like it was quickly written like the rest of the books.
  • Nate the Great Goes Down in the Dumps
  • Cam Jansen and the Mystery Writer Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #27)
  • Dingoes at Dinnertime (Magic Tree House, #20)
  • The Case of Hermie the Missing Hamster (Jigsaw Jones Mystery #1)
  • Stop That Hamster! (Ready, Freddy!, #12)
  • Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley, #4)
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...

A to Z Mysteries (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • The Absent Author (A to Z Mysteries, #1)
  • The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2)
  • The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3)
  • The Deadly Dungeon (A to Z Mysteries, #4)
  • The Empty Envelope (A to Z Mysteries, #5)
  • The Falcon's Feathers (A to Z Mysteries, #6)
  • The Goose's Gold (A to Z Mysteries, #7)
  • The Haunted Hotel (A to Z Mysteries, #8)
  • The Invisible Island (A to Z Mysteries, #9)
  • The Jaguar's Jewel (A to Z Mysteries, #10)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Fractured
  • Never Smile at Strangers
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Furious (Faith McMann Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Where Eagles Dare
  • Alone
    $17.99 $2.99
  • Moriarty (Sherlock Holmes, #2)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Idaho
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Dead Letters
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Phantom (Alexander Hawke, #7)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Barkeep
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Moving Day
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Man-Eater: The Life and Legend of an American Cannibal
  • Smoke
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unrivaled (Beautiful Idols #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Secrets of Southern Girls: A Novel
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Dorchester Terrace (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #27)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Flower Net (Red Princess, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99