Start by marking “Teach Me” as Want to Read:
Teach Me

Read Book* *Different edition

Teach Me

Ever curious, Elizabeth, Viscountess Rocksley, has turned her curiosity to erotic pleasure. Three years a widow, she boldly employs the madame of a brothel for guidance but never had she expected her education to be conducted by a coldly handsome peer of the realm.

To the Earl of Malvern, the erotic tutelage of a skittish widow is little more than sport, however, the woman
ebook
Published February 21st 2012 by Decadent Publishing (first published February 10th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Teach Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teach Me

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Learning the arts of desire from a consummate rake
Historical erotica has never been as sexy as in Teach me. Elizabeth is a widow but that doesn't mean she's dead. She's interested in all matter of things. What she's been wanting to learn more about is sex and the physical pleasures with a man. Elizabeth goes about it in a daring way for a woman of her times. She finds a brothel madam to provide a teacher in the arts of desire. The Earl of Malvern is her assigned adult tutor. A jaded libertine, M
Betty
Aug 12, 2013 Betty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Teach Me". What a wonderful idea for a book. How my imagination soared while reading this. The innocence of the heroine of the story is so touching and very believable for the time period portrayed. Our hero is the exact opposite also believable for the time period and for his station in life. The highs and lows in the book capture the readers attention and make it so difficult to put the book down. I laughed and I cried. I enjoyed reading about all the awesome sex! I found this to be well wri ...more
The Romance Reviews (Carole)
Head of the Class

Elizabeth Rocksley wants to experience passion, yet there aren't many options for a woman of her social status. In TEACH ME by Cassandra Dean, Elizabeth turns to a specialist of sorts for help.

When Malvern agrees to educate the lovely widow, he didn't expect her to be such an excellent student. The whole intellectual concept soon gets tossed out the window as Elizabeth masters each lesson.

As I was reading, I found myself giggling because some of the situations were so humorous.
Romancing the Book
May 15, 2012 Romancing the Book rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical, erotica
Posted on Romancing the Book's blog
Reviewed by Sarah L.
Review Copy Provided by the Publisher

Teach Me captures your attention right from the start with Elizabeth waiting in a brothel for the Madame to arrive to give her guidance on erotic pleasure only to have James, the Earl of Malvern, appear unexpectedly at the door instead. They embark on a journey where James teaches Elizabeth everything she needs to know about giving and receiving pleasure.

I really enjoyed getting to know both characters. E
Jessica Subject
Widowed and ever curious, Elizabeth Viscountess Rocksley visits a brothel with the unusual request to be schooled in the art of erotic pleasure. She expects a woman to be her teacher, not a handsome man with a hands on approach.

The Earl of Malvern takes the job in teaching the young widow, not expecting her last more than a week. But when she arrives lesson after lesson, eager to learn more, he realizes she may be able to teach him a thing or two about himself.

I must admit that I have not read
Dabney
Mar 06, 2012 Dabney rated it liked it
When you sent  Dear Author  a teaser for your novel  Teach Me , you described it as an historical novel set in the early Victorian period. In describing the book, you wrote “romance will be the focus of the story with erotic elements. Sex and language will be hot, graphic and plentiful.” You weren’t joking about the sex. In fact, I wouldn’t describe your book as an historical romance; I’d call it erotica set in a very imaginary Victorian London.

Your heroine, Elizabeth, the Viscountess Rocksley,
Obsessed with book smex
Mar 12, 2012 Obsessed with book smex rated it really liked it
This is probably one of the best stories that I've read of late.

Teach Me follows the evolving relationship between a student and her teacher. The student, Elizabeth, is a widow in her late twenties, who has been referred by a madam to James, Earl of Malvern. She wishes to further her education on carnal pleasure. After an initial meeting at a brothel, they begin meeting in secret at his home several evenings a week. The lessons quickly progress into a physical affair, which is no surprise to th
Jody
May 04, 2014 Jody rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From their unconventional initial meeting to their continuing emotional encounters, the journey to HEA for widow Elizabeth and hardhearted Malvern is one full of twists and turns. Both of them are not what they first appear and only through their increasingly erotic encounters do reader's discover another side to them that makes for a compelling read.

Elizabeth is an unexpected heroine with her inquisitive nature and desire to experience life to the fullest. This goes against what most women of t
Armenia
Sep 03, 2015 Armenia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully Written, A Must Read

Review copy provided via Reading Alley in exchange for an honest review.

Elizabeth has been married since she was sixteen, now 28 and widowed for three years, she still doesn’t know carnal pleasure. Ever so curious, Elizabeth sets out to rectify her lack of education as she visits a brothel, and requests the madam to tutor her verbally. What the madam does, is gift her to the Earl of Malvern to teach.

Our dissolute rake is bored silly with life and in need of a dist
Lynn
Jan 08, 2015 Lynn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pleasure can be taught!

TEACH ME raises the question of how a curious, widowed Viscountess goes about learning the art of sexual pleasure. The answer is quite simple-- hire a brothel madam for private tutelage, of course!

Elizabeth has had two lovers in her life and neither brought her the erotic pleasure she has read about in books. She decides she simply needs more information on the basics of giving and receiving carnal pleasure and so she seeks out Lydia Morcom, a brothel madam, to give her l
Steph McVicker
Apr 14, 2015 Steph McVicker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Review copy provided via Reading Alley in exchange for an honest review.

When the widow Lady Rocksley, Elizabeth, wants to learn about sex, she employs a madam at a brothel to help her. She doesn't expect the debauched mistress to give her tutelage to a strange unreadable but VERY sexy man!

James, the Earl of Malvern, doesn't want to get emotionally involved with the mousy blonde who employs his knowledge of carnal enjoyment, but damn if he can't stop thinking about her when she's not with him.
Historical Hearts
Sep 23, 2013 Historical Hearts rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed Teach Me, it was a fresh departure from some of the stiff ‘a lady would never do that’ type writing. If I want to read that sort of work, I go to Jane Austen. Cassandra Dean has crafted a great story. A word of warning, the sex scenes start early on in this story so hold on to your seats. That said, they were well written and believable. Having read a lot of badly written erotica, Teach Me is an example of how you can still write hot sex scenes while allowing a relationship betw ...more
lil' princess
May 21, 2015 lil' princess rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Fantastically Frustrating!

Elizabeth is an innocent and oh so curious widow who is forever saying what is on her mind. Questions and curiosity are so un-lady like and as much as Elizabeth tries to be all that is prime and proper her curiosity gets the best of her.

Determined to learn all there is to know about passion Elizabeth takes matters into her own hands and sets off for the one place guaranteed to know all about a ladies pleasure, La Belle Jeune Fille Pieuse the local brothel.

It is there
Kindle Reads
Romance is primary, erotic yet not trashy

Rarely does one come across a love story that is based upon eroticism, yet never seems trashy.
I found myself engrossed by the characters and immersed in their emotional battles.

Although premise is not unique -rake tutors curious widow and vice versa- the execution was masterfully done with the love story remaining forefront.

Yes, there were plenty of steamy scenes and some explicit language. What surprised me was the frequency that these scenes served a p
Carole
Apr 19, 2015 Carole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Head of the Class

Greselley
I'm not sure where this book stands so I came up with 3.5 stars. It does begin its story having been captured my interest by the mask of coldness of the hero as always emphasized by the heroine. It was actually good. As it was longer than the usual historical romance novels, it was ironic that it kind of stick the story only to the interaction of the hero and heroine inside his house during their very provocative lessons. It should have been nice to have a ball, with the hero having been forced ...more
Jill
This was a spectacular book. The hero, James is such a jerk yet he is tantalizingly sexy and has a dry wit that compliments the heroine perfectly. He suffers from cynicism, boredom, haughty arrogance and indifference. The heroine, Elizabeth is a sweet and courageous widow who is full of life, passion and curiosity. He wants to understand carnal pleasure and asks a madame for a teacher. James agrees to teach her about desire and sex through by meeting twice a week for her lessons. These lessons a ...more
Joan Osborne
Nov 23, 2014 Joan Osborne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed it!

I was a bit turned off when I learned that James, the hero of this story was so debauched that he even had sex with a man but as I got more into the story, I began to realize that James was a product of his upbringing. It did placate me to an immense degree to hear him tell Elizabeth later that it was not an experience he wanted to repeat. I read straight romance and like my heroes to be interested only in women but I saw the point of why it was necessary to the background story about
RedRedtheycallmeRed
2.5 STARS

Elizabeth was a much more likable character than James. She's a chatterbox, curious, witty and not a wallflower. James was really cold, and despite all the steamy scenes, he was still pretty cold at the end. It's obvious that he has strong feelings for Elizabeth, yet his reasoning for staying away from her are weak. Although I liked the fact that Elizabeth didn't fall to pieces when she's inevitably hurt by James, her forgiveness comes much too quickly.

There was a scene at a dinner part
Maria11
Aug 22, 2015 Maria11 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Copy from Reading Alley for a honest review

Romance and hotness....don't resist!

This is a very good book! I enjoyed it very much. I like the plot and the pace of it was great and I had to read till the end. I was worried about how it was going to end and just cringed at the heartache caused. I loved Elizabeth! She was a woman who knew what she wanted and set out a oath to get it. She wasn't fooled and was very smart. It was nice to have a heroine with just great characteristics. Now James, well h
Heathy
I'm honestly shocked by the rave reviews of this book. It was painfully boring from start to finish. It wasn't even that hot of a read. As for the relationship between the two characters (can't even remember their names. James, maybe?), I just wasn't buying it. They really didn't know much about each other & they pretty much only spent time together when it was time for one of her "lessons". My wind was drifting off the entire time.

Two stars, only because I forced myself to finish it.
Susannah Shepherd
This was a fun, undemanding read, and managed to maintain its heat levels pretty well given the leads hit the ground running, shall we say, on the erotic front. I can't rate it much higher than a 3.5 though because the romance side felt a bit insubstantial, with a stereotyped rake hero and implausible set-up for the heroine.
Petula
Nov 30, 2012 Petula added it
4**** A very erotic story. How I came to feel sorry for such a self centred, jaded man is all down to Cassandra Dean. I did not like him at all but you have to feel for his loneliness. The heroine is anything but the mouse she is at first portrayed as. The book has plenty of story line and sex, its not in the least crude. Well done an enjoyable read.
RIF
Jul 06, 2013 RIF rated it really liked it
Impulse buy of the best kind. Much better than expected and under $3 as of this review. I will absolutely try more from this author.
Diane Peterson
Well written erotica story. I enjoyed it.
Kaetrin
Mar 12, 2012 Kaetrin rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebook
review copy for ARRA
Ann Mayburn
Mar 18, 2012 Ann Mayburn rated it it was amazing
I adored this book! Her characters fantastic, the sex never stale or forced, and the depth of emotion she displayed is just wonderful. If you like Regency erotica this book is for you. :)
Dahlia (yadkny)
Mar 24, 2012 Dahlia (yadkny) marked it as to-read
WCR 3/2
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2013
Latrecia Stone
Latrecia Stone rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • A Matter of Sin (The Ladies' Book of Pleasures, #1)
  • Her Eternal Rogue
  • The Mad Lord's Daughter
  • His Wicked Revenge (Short Story)
  • Her Husband's Lover (Scandalous Seductions, #5)
  • Tykota's Woman
  • Ruthless Heart (Heart, #1)
  • The Curse of Lord Stanstead (The Order of the MUSE, #1)
  • Improper Relations (Improper, #1)
  • Cherokee Storm
  • Still in My Heart (Ryland Brothers, #5)
  • Mated with the Cyborg (Cy-Ops Sci-fi Romance, #2)
  • The Voyeur
  • Blue Cruise (Turkish Delights, #2)
  • Her Christmas Earl
  • Quotable
  • Tempting
  • Sex in Secret - The Complete Erotica Series
Cassandra grew up daydreaming, inventing fantastical worlds and marvelous adventures. Once she learned to read (First phrase – To the Beach. True story), she was never without a book, reading of other people’s fantastical worlds and marvelous adventures.

Fairy tales, Famous Fives, fantasies and fancies; horror stories, gumshoe detectives, science fiction; Cassandra read it all. Then she discovered
More about Cassandra Dean...