Start by marking “How to Hear From God: Learn to Know His Voice and Make the Right Decisions” as Want to Read:
How to Hear From God: Learn to Know His Voice and Make the Right Decisions

How to Hear From God: Learn to Know His Voice and Make the Right Decisions

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  1,034 Ratings  ·  72 Reviews
#1 bestselling author andwell-known speaker Joyce Meyer explains the ways in which God speaks- and teaches readers how to listen. In the hustle and bustle of today's busy world, sometimes it's hard
Published August 31st 2003 by FaithWords

Lauren Hackbarth
Jul 03, 2012 rated it liked it
I started this one a few days ago because I want to hear God clearly again. I'm actually amused by the title. I know God's voice intimately and have for years and I also know how to make decisions that honor God. I'm sure it would surprise many people how often I consult God in my decision making and how often I filter my thoughts through Him. As I keep reading this I'm just reminded of things that I already know and practice. They are all good reminders and in many instances I'm already doing w ...more
christianchicklit
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So many people want to be able to hear from God, but are not sure how to hear His voice. Joyce Meyer is a fabulous teacher! She breaks it down simply and backs it all up with scripture throughout -- nearly on every page. I have underlined so many things in this book that I think there is writing on nearly every page too. God is speaking to us all the time, but too often we are too busy to be able to hear. By understanding all the different ways that God speaks, it becomes easier to hear Him (thr ...more
Kat
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: christianity
It took me a while to get through this book. This was only my 2nd Joyce Meyer book and I absolutely loved the first one so I figured I'd either hate or love this book. I didn't read it to critique it. I read it to learn how to hear from God. What I learned was "listen to God and obey." I just did not like the execution. Some of it was obvious and some of it was contradictory and confusing. Like she will say God speaks through other people but you can't believe everything people say is from God. ...more
Jason Shuttlesworth
May 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
I wasn't exactly sure why I bought this book the other day but I'm glad I did. I wasn't sure what to expect from Mrs. Meyers and had never given her much thought as I was always under the impression that she ministers primarily to women about 'woman stuff.' I found this book quite interesting, useful, and very practical. She has a gift to simplify things that many people try to complicate. The title of the book pretty much explains everything...How to hear God's Voice. The big thing I learned he ...more
Carey Henderson
Jul 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book took me months to read. I read it very slowly, took notes, & used it like I would a textbook. Although, I'm not a big Joyce Meyer fan, I enjoyed her writing style. She was very controlled & the chapters, directions, were easy to follow. The only thing I didn't enjoy was her explaination of the scriptures throughout the novel, I wish she would've broken them down more & explained them more than what she did. I would recommend this book for anyone wanting to expand spirituall ...more
Josh
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoy learning from Joyce Meyer; she has related so many things in easy to understand ways that have impacted my life. I certainly don't think that her words are only for women; as a man I have empathized with so many things she has shared over the years.

This book is definitely a classic; an excellent resource for anyone who wants to hear what God is saying to them. As with most of her teaching this is straight up Biblical truth being shared. There are many things you will be remin
Daryl Ngo
Jan 17, 2014 rated it liked it
This book taught me a lot. Joyce Meyer is trully a blessed author. Her wisdom provides a good guidance to whoever wants it.
Amanda
Jan 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
It was a good book with some good tips, but I felt like she listed too many Bible verses...
Hillary roberts
+Public http://www.adventuresinneverneverland.com/2013/08/14/how-to-hear-from-god-by-joyce-myers-book-review-4/

+Public http://www.adventuresinneverneverland.com/2013/08/14/how-to-hear-from-god-by-joyce-myers-book-review-3/

+Public http://www.adventuresinneverneverland.com/2013/08/14/how-to-hear-from-god-by-joyce-myers-book-review-2/

+Public http://www.adventuresinneverneverland.com/2013/08/14/how-to-hear-from-god-by-joyce-myers-book-review/

how to hear from God by Joyce Myers Book Review

Have you ever wondered if it was God talking to you or th
Linda Sedillo
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My husband read this book before I did. It was recommended by him and I am so amazed by this book. Our God is awesome. I would strongly recommend this book to all.
Yekaterina
Apr 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
Joyce Meyer is one of the best Biblical teachers whose books I've read. She has such a great knowledge of, not only Gods word, but God himself. She opens the readers eyes to so many uncharted and unspoken territories in all her books, and this one followed suit.
I spent a lot of time with this book. I also prayed and cried a lot because of this book and I'm thankful for that. It shows that it made an impact on my life and spirit.
At the end of the book Joyce writes, " I think one of the reasons s
Andrea Pal
Awesome, awesome book! Lots of helpful advice, lots of truth, lots of humbling....I found myself relating to the authors experiences many times! I have been blessed by God because He has communicated with me in so many ways already, even before I read this book. And God has taught me many things that were talked about in this book already, but it was still nice to read and get some new information and I love how she tied in the bible verses to show that what she was writng about, is really what ...more
Tanya
Joyce Meyer is a smart lady & I identify with her no nonsense approach to teaching. This book is great for new Christians or those who are wanting to take their prayer life to a new level & for me it taught things I already knew, but needed confirmation & reaffirmation on how I hear from God in my prayer time. I will admit the last quarter of the book is a little wordy & I found myself looking at the progress on my e-reader frequently to see if I was almost finished. But there we ...more
Chantelle
Apr 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is the first Joyce Meyer book that I have read but have had many friends recommend her, so this book came with very high expectations and she did not disappoint! This book was well written, talked about her experiences and also hhad bible verses to support what she was talking about, which I love! I really took on board what she wrote about in this book about seeking God's voice and listening to Him in everything we do. I would recommend this book to everyone!
Ragy Nekhela
May 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
That book taught me a lot of things about God's plan to me with making me hear his voice in a particular way which is different than other people's. Really that book has changed my thoughts and lead them to a very different way and I found the truly God's healing words in it.
Read in 2008
What I love most in Joyce Meyer is her ability in renewing your thoughts and dealing with your everyday life's issues by the power of God's word.
Debbie
Jul 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
When I first started reading this, I thought all the advice seemed pretty obvious and I was about to put it down. However, starting with chapter 2, I was mesmerized by the words and scripture passages that made me think and get excited about hearing from G-d. This is now one of the best spiritual books, I have read. Highly recommended.
Guy Rausch
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book. I have recently made my way back to God and since then I have tried so hard to hear what He is saying to me about the path He wants me to travel but I couldn't hear Him. After reading this book I have found how to hear God and I am starting to put them in practice.
Stephanie Manning
Sep 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book! While some of it is common knowledge to an elder, many parts of the book are great for new believers or those looking to increase their faith or simply learn "How to Hear From God". I enjoyed the book and how thoroughly everything was explained using examples from Joyce's on life so that we could better understand what she was meaning. GREAT BOOK! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Dhieta
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A very good yet useful to learn how to hear from God. This book provides not only practical but also principal point of view regarding God's voice. Finally, this book is not only about how to hear God's voice but also explain that God is real, alive, faithful and more than willing to lead us to reach what God has planned for us.

Cant't wait to read another Joyce's books!
Erin Jones
Oct 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
All my life I thought that my Grandma has got to be the most spiritual woman that I know. I was amazed by her ability to hear God and I envied her that I could not. After reading this book, I realize that God has been talking to me all my life, I just didn't realize that it was God talking to me. It has changed my relationship with God and how I listen for Him.
Brenna Bonner
Mar 16, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone
Shelves: christian-living
Joyce gives full explaination to all the ways God speaks to us in her down to earth way. She explains using examples from scripture and her own life and takes away the uncertainty and mystery surrounding "is God telling me ___". Excellent teaching.
TW Yeung
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is an unexpectedly good read, with Joyce Meyer's powerful words of God plainly explained. I'm not a believer in Christianity God but I personally can decipher the message behind this beautifully-written book. Bravo.
Tapji Fwangwen
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is my first and probably the best book written by Joyce Meyer. It is so simple and plain to anyone reading it, I have fallen in love to her writings all because of this book. To me, this book tell's me much, every Christian can hear God speaking to him in different and interesting ways.
Cindy Poyner
Jan 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great teaching!

This book is a wonderful teaching for those who truly want to hear from God about His will for every aspect of life. Joyce gives practical advice for every day life so we can all learn how to hear from God and make right decisions.
Erica Rios
Jul 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
Wow, this book is awesome. The author is really anointed in teaching you how to hear from God. She explains the strongholds in our lives that you would not think anyone knows but when she is talking it is like she is reading my mind so I know that God had His hands on her while she was writing.
Ben
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely worth reading it!
I like how Joyce always admits her failures in life and then explains how she improved in that area. She stays very humble and doesn't show off at all. That way she shows that everybody has the chance to change.
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the mundane to the extraordinary and supernatural God speaks to us in many ways. I really appreciate that Joyce included a segment on Angels, something that I don't hear about very much in sermons.
Sharie
Dec 09, 2009 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. Once again another appropraitely time read for my journey. I help me slow down and listen to what God is saying and not be in such a hurry all the time. A book I pull out from time to time to refresh my behaviors to slow down.
Nicole Brodie
I really enjoyed reading this book. This is one of those books that you can go back to and refer to when you are going through different situations in your life where hearing from God is crucial! The author reminds us that everyone can hear from God when they open up their heart to do so.
Shirley Thompson
How to hear from God

This is a very good spiritual read. I learned a from it. I would recommend this book to a any one who is struggling with this issue
  • The Everyday Life Bible: The Power of God's Word for Everyday Living
  • A Life Unleashed: Giving Birth to Your Dreams
  • Life Management for Busy Women: Living Out God's Plan with Passion & Purpose
  • Where To Find It In The Bible The Ultimate A To Z Resource Series
  • Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be: A 90-Day Guide to Living the Proverbs 31 Life
  • The Lady, Her Lover, and Her Lord
  • Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On
  • Who Calls Me Beautiful?: Finding Our True Image in the Mirror of God
  • Seeking Him: Experiencing the Joy of Personal Revival
  • Finding Peace: God's Promise of a Life Free from Regret, Anxiety, and Fear
  • Experiencing the Heart of Jesus: Knowing His Heart, Feeling His Love
  • It's Your Time: Finding Favor, Restoration, and Abundance in Your Life Every Day
  • How To Be Born Again
  • Hell's Best Kept Secret
  • The Relationship Principles of Jesus
  • Breakthrough Prayer: The Secret of Receiving What You Need from God
  • Captured by Grace: No One Is Beyond the Reach of a Loving God
  • The Threshing Floor: How to Know Without a Doubt that God Hears Your Every Prayer
Joyce Meyer is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of the world's leading practical Bible teachers. Her more than 100 books have helped millions of people find hope and restoration through faith in Christ. Bestsellers include Living Beyond Your Feelings; Power Thoughts; Battlefield of the Mind; and The Confident Woman.

Joyce Meyer's broadcast Enjoying Everyday Life® airs daily on hundre
More about Joyce Meyer...

“Lord, what if I miss You? What if I miss You? What if I miss You? Oh, I'm so scared! God, what if I miss You? He answered simply, "Joyce, don't worry; if you miss Me, I will find you.” 17 likes
“You can be called to do something that feels difficult to your flesh, but if you can get beyond your initial doubts and find that you have peace once you are doing it, then you will know that God is confirming your natural talents.” 0 likes