Start by marking “The Demon Hunter (The Hunter #2)” as Want to Read:
The Demon Hunter (The Hunter #2)

The Demon Hunter

(The Hunter #2)

On Sale for a Limited Time Only!

Ellie has always been different, from playing with fairies as a child to fighting demons as an adult. She grew up wondering why no one else seemed to notice the oddities of the world that she came into contact with on a daily basis. When she is the only witness of a demon attack and the police suspect her, Ellie skips the country heading to
Published January 2nd 2012

To ask other readers questions about The Demon Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Demon Hunter

Sadie Forsythe
Dec 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-lendable
In one sense I liked Demon Hunter better than The Ghost Hunter. I think the writing was better. Not that it was bad in the first one, but I liked it more here. I also liked the juxtaposition of Devon's Victorian upbringing with his strong warrior nature. But it was his broken, puppy dog moments that made me love him. Ellie's amazing backbone was a joy. I much prefer a strong heroine to a wimpy one. Plus, the occasion in which she took on more traditionally male romance characteristics (like thin ...more
Ramblings From A Chaotic Mind
Feb 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
The Demon Hunter picks up a few months after the shocking ending of The Ghost Hunter. There was quite a bit of time between novels so those of you that have read The Ghost Hunter may want to go back and refresh yourself with specifics and I wouldn’t recommend reading this one without first reading that one. I found that I had trouble remembering things from the first book and had to stop a few times to figure out what was going on.

The book opens with Ashley and Cristian trying to reverse a spell
Nookmom (Courtney)
Jan 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-bbpr-review
Fantastic! I really enjoyed this book. I was worried at first because this is the second book in the series and I have not read the first one. I am a real stickler about reading things in order, so it was very hard to go against the grain but I am so glad I did. The author wastes no time jumping right into the action.

Devon has been brought back from the dead by Ashley and Christian after sacrificing himself to bind his soul to a demon and trap him. Obviously the sacrifice happens at the end of
Erin
Mar 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
A good follow up to Ms. Brighton's The Ghost Hunter.

Once again we are taking back into Ms/ Brighton's Paranormal England to pick up where she left off in The Ghost Hunter.

Devon, is a Victorian raised man brought back to life in the 21st century. Former warrior of god, he sacrificed himself to allow the h/h in the previous book to have their HEA. We finally get to learn what makes Devon tick, more about his family and also his ill-fated first wife. His backstory is important, because it explains
Juliana Marques
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
The author's working is improving

OMFG!! So much better than the first one!! I can't hardly believe I found the first novel thrilling... The Demon Hunter was so fucking better... Really, I lack of words to express what I felt during this reading. Ellie, the main character was the bravest and fiercest woman in the whole series... She truly was the most powerful in this plot.
And about Devon?!?! OKAY HE'S NOT ONLY GORGEOUS BUT ALSO WAS ONE OF THE MOST INTERESTING CHARACTERS, AND THOSE HOT SCENES W
Liza
Jun 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
I agree with some of the ratings I read here at Goodreads. This was much better than the first book Ghost Hunter. The only thing that bothered me was in the first book Raphael made the offer to Christian. Yet in Demon Hunter it said that Michael is making the same offer to Devon like he did for Christian. And the thing with the witch Rose... hmmm..... Still this was a very entertaining book to read. Cannot read this, though, before reading Ghost Hunter first.
Meaghan
Jan 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Devon...oh Devon. This Sexy Ghost had such an internal, and external struggle. The book was filled with twists and turns and had the ability to make you think one thing and have it turn out to be something completely different, in a good way! This book was fantastic and truely held it's own as a second in a series!
Teresa Ensley
Jun 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Demon Hunter is the 2nd book to "The Hunter". 2nd book was just as good as the 1st book. You can feel the emotions of each character and feel for them when they are having problems. There was no where in the book where it got boring and there were twists that you really didnt see coming. Great story. A must read to add to your list.
Kate
Mar 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
This would make a great drinking game, if you had to drink every time the words "leery", "nefarious" or "folds" popped up you'd be under the table by chapter 4. A disappointing read, the characters are rather one dimensional and the final showdown is such an anticlimax (and completely predictable). I was hoping for an improvement on the first of the series, not the same old stuff rehashed.
Linda
Apr 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: challenge
Great follow up to Ghost hunters! Loved Devon and Ellie's story; the author continued he main story plot from ghost hunter and brought it o a great conclusion while leaving herself the chance to continue in future books with this town and the characters.
Charlotte
Aug 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
First off make sure that you do go and read the first book~ Ghost Hunter~before you read this one.
Very interesting and with all the super natural beings in it I could not seem to put this book down. Very good read!
Adele - Realm Of Tranquillity
I bought this book straight after finishing the first and it does not dissapoint. I good read.
Jenetta
Feb 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another good series :o)
Lindy
Sep 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy Brighton books. They are a means to escape with the super natural. Life is already too boring but this adds a little spice to it.
Jane
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
THREE FRIGGIN' WORDS: OH SO SEXY!
Susana
Oct 09, 2012 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars
Nina Terheyden
Mar 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Really really loved this book....I'm always happy to read about good vs. evil and this one does not disappoint!
SunflowerJ SunflowerJ
Apr 08, 2016
Bruce
Dec 30, 2012
  • Rebel (The Fallen, #4)
  • From the Dark (Bewitch the Dark #1)
  • Broken (The Crystor, #2)
  • Second Sight (Sojourner, #3)
  • Eternal Flame Bundle (Night Watch, #1-3)
  • Genesis (Soul Savers, #0.5)
  • Brink of Eternity (Guardians of Ascension, #2.5; Dawn of Ascension, #1)
  • The Asylum Interviews: Trixie (The Asylum Tales, #0.6)
  • Blood Spells (The Nightkeepers, #5)
  • Dreamweaver (Wild Men of Alaska, #3)
  • Prince of Demons 1
  • Finding My Faith (Six Saviors, #2)
  • On Wicked Ground (Solsti Prophecy #4)
  • Dominion (Serenity, #4)
  • Unmasked (Demon Lovers, #3)
  • His Devious Angel (Angels with Attitude, #2)
  • Shadows of the Soul (The Paradisian Chronicles, #1)
  • Night Thunder (Thunder Creek #2)
As a child, thoughts of far-off places and adventure consistently kept Lori up late at night. After graduating high school, she came to the conclusion that there was no better way to seek adventure and nourish her love of history than to become an archaeologist. She went on to receive a degree in anthropology, but digging in the dirt during humid Midwestern summers wasn’t exactly as fun as she tho ...more

The Hunter (2 books)
  • The Ghost Hunter (The Hunter, #1)