Start by marking “Wrecked (Wrecked, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wrecked (Wrecked, #1)

Wrecked (Wrecked #1)

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  2,317 Ratings  ·  233 Reviews
If you liked The Breakfast Club and The Swiss Family Robinson, you'll love WRECKED! An ill-fated Caribbean cruise and four teenagers: a nerd, a jock, a mouse, and a beauty queen…an island, a treehouse, some nefarious interlopers…life and death…fear and loathing…love and laughter. Follow Jonathan, Kevin, Candi and Sarah as they find their typical high school lives and their ...more
Published (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Wrecked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrecked

Dianne
Jul 24, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was written at a 4th or 5th grade reading level for a "young adult" (meaning teenagers) audience. I thought the plot and character formation were inane and improbable. Knowing that this is for a teen audience, I thought there was an awful lot (and I do mean "awful") of sexual conduct. In the usual way of today's modern novel, there was a set of parents that no one could possible respect, and therefore, a pair of teenagers who had absolutely no love or respect for their parents. This ga ...more
Delores
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm finished!!! This was one of the funniest books I've read this year. I didn't go two pages without giggling...and sometimes laughing hysterically like an idiot. I'd you want your family to think you're crazy, definitely read this around them. I couldn't stop laughing throughout most of the book. The objectionable elements were bad language and some sexual elements, though I didn't think any of them were graphic. Anyway, it was just a super fun and funny book to read!
Ally
Jan 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(From my blog, Word Vagabond: Supporting Independent and Small Press Authors.)

Sarah Peterson is appalled at having to go on a cruise with the deeply uncool Buckleys, Candi and Jonathan. Her father is working on some kind of business deal with the Buckley parents, so she and her brother Kevin won’t even be able to ignore them. To top it off, she just caught her boyfriend cheating on her with her best friend! She is so not in the mood for this trip.

The four of them are just starting to figure out
Chloe
Feb 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OH MY GOD I NEED A SEQUEL BUT THERE ISN'T ONE AND THAT MAKES ME RELIEVED AND SAD AT THE SAME TIME.

*composes self*

Ahem.I loved it. This book intruiged me as I hadn't come across the concept before and was not disappoitned. The adventure was great and the twists and turns kept me on my toes.

The characters are relateable and wonderfully flawed- like all good characters are and the relationships between them are believeable. Casey has a great understanding of teenagers and everything that happens I
Alice in Readerland
What do you get when four teens from opposite ends of the social spectrum find themselves wrecked on an uninhabited island? Well, if you’re Elle Casey, you get the YA Action/Adventure novel Wrecked.

From being introduced to the four protagonists, to when they’re on the cruise ship, to when they’re in a life boat in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, to their life on the island, and all the way to the satisfying conclusion, Wrecked will keep the reader interested.

The relationships, emotions, a
Jane
I started this book in audiobook form and finished it as an ebook. (I love Whispersync!) While I wasn't the biggest fan of the narrator's voice, I didn't hate it either and got used to it in 20 minutes or so and didn't mind it later on.

What I did mind, however, was more along the plot and characterization lines. I wasn't a fan of the way Sarah and Kevin acted towards their parents and while I do agree that the father that was in this book was awful, I think it was all a bit overdone. The Peters
Michelle ♥ The Romance Vault ♥
Well what can I say that hasn't already been said - nope absolutely nothing..........Elle had me hooked right from the start again, I really love her writing style, there is no prolonged descriptive prose but you can see exactly in you mind the whole story and surroundings. Her visualisation skills are absolutely great, she gets to the point with things without you wanting to skip a few lines whilst waiting for the author to get to the point, she just throws it in here there an everywhere which ...more
Kristine
Feb 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
WRECKED...... was so much fun to read. What could be better then my two favorite things combined, cruising and camping. I know one is luxury and one is roughing it , but I love them both. So when I came upon this book I knew I had to read it.
Jonathan, Sarah, Kevin and Candi, end up on a cruise together with there families , because there dad's are doing a business deal. They are from polar oppisite social spectrums and end up after some really funny typical cruise moments, wreaked on an island.
Brandon
Apr 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book, for lack of a better word, was amazing. From the character intros, to the last page, I was intrigued. Elle clearly understood teens, because all of their motivations and goals were believable; even the way in which they became stranded was believable. I LOVED EVERY aspect of this book. I definitely recommend it, a must-read. The only reason I didn't give it a 5, was because I save 5's for books I have a connection with, but this was a definite 4 1/2.
Desiree Boils
From the second I read the first page I knew how the book would end, and I was completely right, the first of the book was boring, and the character's are very typical with no originality, the middle was the only good part but I still was yawning through most of it, and the ending was a huge disappointment.
Jordan Wood
Oct 13, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read this till about a quarter of the way until I couldn't take anymore. I bought this book not realising it was aimed at the teen market so it's a harsh review but thats because I'm a man in his thirties and not a teen girl. It was just too much talk of make-up and about the next handsome boy that were talking to her. First book I haven't been able to finish in a long time.
Selina
Jun 16, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, survival, owned-books
Final thoughts: save your money. It wasn't as bad as some I've read (since I somehow managed to finish it), but if I hadn't gotten it for free, I would have been irritated.

Pros:
-interesting concept

Cons:
-cookie-cutter plot and characters
-superficial feel...I did not connect or relate to the characters at all, so I didn't care about anything that happened. The whole thing just felt childish. And the characters were cardboard.
-lack of emotion...like, seriously. The characters just didn't seem to ca
Cristina
I would've rated this book higher if I didn't love the beginning of the book so much. Once they got on the island the characters lost some of their qualities that I enjoyed reading in the first chapters. Not only that, but the things they came up with and kept doing seemed a bit unrealistic. Are you telling me wikipedia boy didn't know what berries were safe to eat?? Come on, he should have. No doubt. At that point, I started getting annoyed. Everything else that happened just fell into a predic ...more
Danielle
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was just what I was looking for. I really wanted to sink my teeth into an island castaway story and there aren't really that many out there. I found this one on a Amazon forum and it was really good.

4 teens. Sarah and Kevin are twins and seem to have it all. They are rich and popular. Kevin is athlete and Sarah is the school princess. Their dad has an important business deal with another local man who has a family. He decided to join the families for a cruise vacation to try and close his b
Jason Brant
May 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't like to read young adult fiction. Or at least I didn't before I grabbed a copy of Wrecked by Elle Casey.

My mind has officially been changed. Elle can write her butt off. Like I said, I don't generally like YA books, but the characters of Wrecked had me interested right away. I was hooked and couldn't stop reading until I knew what would happen to them. These aren't your typical dumb kids - they're intelligent and witty. Their dialogue had me smiling the entire way through the book. They
Amanda Nissen
May 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this book free off of Amazon.com and started reading it right away. I did not expect much from it, and was tired, so this seemed like a low keyed book to read. I was wonderfully surprised by how enjoyable the book was. It was a fast read because I had to find out what was going to happen! It was predictable but not at the same time. An excellent YA book and a good adult book also.
My only issue was the end...I like ends to wrap everything up, which I will admit is a personal issue. :) This
Casmen Pinto
I have read all of Elle Casey's books and I usually enjoy them. This one was eh. I loved the idea, liked the characters but for one: they all suddenly love each other after this big social class build up? Two: they built an entire home and amenities within a two month period? Three: they were rescued ( which kind of sucks for a sequel, I much preferred they stay on the island.) It was just rushed. Ill read the sequel though bc I love her books but I hope she avoids the one big thing that annoys ...more
Dianne
“This has great imagination and a touch of fun. Great YA read with characters you love, hate, feel for and want to know better!

Step out of the real world, abandon what you think is plausible and enjoy the adventures and strengths of two sister/brother duos from different social backgrounds as they learn to survive on a remote island after being shipwrecked!

These kids face starvation, survival, attack and come out on top! You will laugh, cry, and be amazed at their combined strengths and what the
Lenore Kosinski
May 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pixel-of-ink, kindle
Fabulously entertaining. I will admit, I had quite a few moments where there was disbelief in the logistics of what was going on, but then I remembered that it doesn't have to be 100% realistic to be super enjoyable. My only problem was the ending with Kevin...but the teaser of possibly more gives me hope. He has a lot of apologizing to do. :)
Amee Termini
Mar 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-challenge
I absolutely loved this book!! I am excited to purchase and download her other books! My husband kept on asking me what I was reading because I couldn't put my kindle down!! Please make a sequel!!

Finally a book about REAL teens and not G rated ones!!!
Holli
May 12, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
I love a good survival plotline, and this one was surprisingly good. At times the protagonists were almost caricatures of actual high school students, but overall it was a good read. I could definitely see the flashes of humor that I love from this author.
Kristi Davis
May 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was completely illogical, silly, and crazy but it made me laugh and giggle. Plus I was smiling when it ended :)
Lesuong
Aug 16, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The book is more along the lines of something I would've read in middle school.
Danielle
Jun 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super funny, quirky, & enjoyable.
Izzy
Aug 15, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Honestly, don't read this book. It has a general lack of real conflict and unpredictability.
Jennifer Dye
May 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this was a pretty good book for a YA novel. Kept me wanting more......
Sheri
Apr 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was actually a cute, light, summery read. I thoroughly enjoyed it!!
Jennifer Morales
Jun 02, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-books
Definitely not what I thought it was going to be like. Quite disappointed and almost stopped reading it numerous times.
Melissa
Great story!!
**Elle Casey Fan ...: Elle's book "Wrecked" is Free Today 4 15 Feb 28, 2013 10:27PM
  • The Queen Bee of Bridgeton (Dancing Dream, #1)
  • The Dirt
  • Notes to Self
  • Lie to Me
  • Rules of Lying (Jane Dough Series)
  • The Summer I Learned to Dive
  • Whale Song
  • Jackpot!
  • On Ice
  • Touchback
  • Simply, Mine
  • The Aspen Account
  • Savage Cinderella
  • Happy Birthday to Me Again (Birthday Trilogy, #2)
  • Songbird
  • Revenge of the Homecoming Queen (Aspen Brooks, #1)
  • Wraith (Wraith, #1)
  • The Enchanted Orchards
Elle Casey, a former attorney and teacher, is a NEW YORK TIMES and USA TODAY bestselling American author who lives in France with her husband, the youngest of her three kids, and several horses, dogs, and cats. She has written more than 40 novels in less than 5 years and likes to say she offers fiction in several flavors. These flavors include romance, science fiction, urban fantasy, action advent ...more
More about Elle Casey

Wrecked (2 books)
  • Reckless (Wrecked, #2)

Young Adult Deals

• A History of Glitter and Blood
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Clockwork Scarab (Stoker & Holmes, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • This Is the Story of You
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Steeplejack (Steeplejack #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Don't Get Caught
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • So B. It
    $6.74 $1.99
  • The Rogue Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #3)
  • Cloaked in Red
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fire and Bone (Otherborn, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Romeo Catchers (The Casquette Girls #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Last Girl (The Dominion Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Love, Lucas
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Girls on Fire
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Before Goodbye
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Fireblood (Whispers from Mirrowen, #1)
  • By Your Side