Start by marking “Cinderella and Zombies” as Want to Read:
Cinderella and Zombies

Cinderella and Zombies

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  36 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
"More than anything, King Richard feared the zombie outbreak. Now, they neared his palace with every passing day, in growing numbers. One thing was clear to the King: his son must marry a zombie-killer."

What happens when you take a classic fairy tale and add a few zombies to it? Cinderella goes from being a pretty-faced pushover to being the best zombie-slayer in the kingd
Published May 6th 2012 by Emily Casey

To ask other readers questions about Cinderella and Zombies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cinderella and Zombies

R.G. Richards
Jun 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: zombies
Zombies are one of my favorite pastimes. I needed to clear my head before a round of edits so I tried this book. It’s about zombies and it is a quick read of 70 pages or so.

The Cinderella theme bothered me and I wasn’t sure how the author would fit it into the zombie arena. I was impressed. The book opens to Cinderella carrying out household tasks. Only there is a slight twist. Yes, she does do housework, she also has a garden she takes care of, not to mention her routine zombie checking of trav
Elizabeth Smith
May 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Lindsay
May 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways, indie-love
This was such a fun read! If you love zombies, get ready to dig in! If you love fairytale retellings... beware of ravaging hordes of the undead wreaking havoc with the prince's royal ball! I, myself, love both zombies and fairytales, and I felt this was a perfect combination of both.
Emily begins her tale in the Kingdom of Fae, alternating between Prince Kent and Cinderella, both swearing to protect their people from the undead plague. Although reluctant to join forces at first, together they bec
Kimber Shook
Mar 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Let me just say that Emily Casey has such a wonderful talent for taking fairy tales and making them all her own and she has definitely done it again with Cinderella and Zombies. This Novella really packs some thrills and excitement for any Zombie and Fairy Tale reading enthusiast.

Cinders, a zombie killing heroine, who not only can pull off killing zombies with some really kick-butt knife throwing but do it with such skill and accuracy even while wearing a beautiful blue ball gown with some majo
Allyson
May 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2012
This book was awesome I loved it! I ALWAYS wondered when the prince in the story Cinderella was going to actually do something to deserve the Princess... Loved it from beginning to end... I love books like this tho Im not much of a Short-Story reader. It was perfect timing for Emily to let me read her book Cinderella and Zombies. THANK YOU! If you havent read this book yet and you love books about the undead or revenants read this on!
Glinda Harrison
May 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: zombie
This is a delightful "zombiefied" version of the fairy tale with some interesting, very clever twists of its own. And, no, it is not your typical mash-up.... It is, however, a quick, fun and entertaining read.

The author has managed to be true to both the zombie and fairy tale genres at the same time, managing to give us both a strong female protagonist *and* a happy ever after ending! Loved it!
Liz
May 23, 2012 marked it as to-read
It looks really good!
Marielle
May 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Find this and more onBook Thoughts by Marielle!

I’ve always loved the fairytale of Cinderella. I mean, every girl wants to be swept off her feet by a prince, right? Well, this girl just happens to be really good at killing zombies. And so is the prince.

Prince Kent loves to fight. He loves to help his people and be at the front lines, defending his kingdom. His father, on the other hand, wants to keep him safe and sound inside the palace walls. He also wants Kent to gent married. Immediately. Whe
Lily at Bookluvrs Haven
Oct 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review originally featured on Bookluvrs Haven

This story was kick ass. I really liked it. So far, I have been very lucky with fairy tale re-tellings, with or without the zombie factor.

Cinderella was definitely NOT a pushover in this story. She was a hard fighter from the very beginning. When the kingdom is under threat, she doesn't shy away from doing what she needs to do to help save it. She was even slightly arrogant about it, which made me laugh. Even the Prince was beneath her, at least in t
Kelly
May 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is not your typical Cinderella story (and I mean that in a good way)! In this novella, Cinderella meets her Prince Charming while she is in the process of defending the kingdom from zombies. No meek and mild Cinderella here! I really enjoyed this characterization of Cinderella. She is strong willed and believes it is her duty to protect her kingdom and the people in it. And boy does she, utilizing some very inventive techniques. I'm a huge Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan, and Cinderella comes ...more
Lori
I loved this quirky take on Cinderella. I was a little worried that it would be like pride and predujice and zombies. But it wasn't. This was unique re-telling of Cinderella's story. She is no longer a girl that we should feel sorry for. Cinderella is tough, skilled and smart. She knows everything there is to know about the undead. Think for Resident Evil than Disney when you picture this heroine. I strongly recommend this short zombie story to fans of the genre. It was fun!

The good:
The writing
Elke
This novella was totally fun! The author sure did a good job of mixing of Cinderella with loads of gory zombies, all the while following the plot of the fairytale without making it seem awkward or constructed. I loved how the pumpkin got a very special purpose in the fight against the zombie plague and the first vegetable scene really made me laugh out loud.

A minor drawback were some very abrupt passages, which could have been presented more smoothly. E.g. the declaration of the king that his so
Katharina Gerlach
Jan 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
I loved this slightly twisted version of Cinderella. The only drawback was that it was rather short (but since it wasn't expensive, I'm not complaining). As a kid, I never had much sympathy for Cinderella's suffering. I always thought, "Why doesn't she go out and DO something?"
Well, in this story, she does. She's very active, opinionated, quick on the uptake -- just like a heroine should be. This Cinderella won't wait for her fairy godmother to set things right without being prepared to do her p
Steven
Sep 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: emily-casey
In my opinion this was a very fun, creative story with an interesting perspective on the zombie genre. The combination of a Cinderella type character set in a medieval period plagued with zombies worked great. If I could give this another half star I would cause this was a tough one for me but being that there seemed to be some things that a little more proofreading could have fixed and a few scenes that didn't line up right for me, I had to go with 3 instead of 4.
Kylie
Jun 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, it was a good lighthearted read. I have always enjoyed the Cinderella Story and found the twist to work,(view spoiler)

This book is worth a read to anyone wanting something slightly different and not causing a brain meltdown with trying to remember everything that goes on.
Anna Kļaviņa
Humorous, action-packed Cinderella's retelling with zombies. If you liked Pride and Prejudice and Zombies or if it was too long for you ( as it was in my case ) try this book, its novella, fast and fun read.
I totally loved that Cinders shoes, dress and pumpkin helped her not only get her a prince but also killed zombies and saved the day.
Julissa
Jun 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, own
This novella was a quick and easy read. It had an interesting, creative take on a classic fairy tale. In this story, Cinderella was not abused by her stepmother and stepsisters but she seemed to be the only responsible adult in the household. I loved that she was a strong, female character and SHE was the zombie slayer. I would have enjoyed a little more blood and gore but, all in all, it was a fun read. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Colleen
Aug 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
A lovely short read and a very interesting twist on the Cinderella story. I love zombie books! I also love the way Emily Casey tells this age old story & still makes it exciting & well worth the read.
Monique
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
Really like zombie books but this on was only just okay, chapters are very short and i did expect more. Shame on me for not reading up on the reviews.
Jun 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
What a fun twist on the Cinderella story. I'm not into the whole Zombie thing right now, so I was a little hesitant to read this novella. However, I absolutely loved it.
Tori Stuckey
May 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Fun, quick read. I would have liked it to have been a bit longer (if there were a print version - I hate reading on a kindle) with more about the zombie infection.
Lynlea Stokes
Feb 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love fairy tales and love reading different versions of them. I've never read a zombie novel, so I didn't know what to expect. Definitely a twist on a fairy tale and a fun one!
Emily
Dec 29, 2012
Emily Casey
Jan 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Buck
Scrapper
Sep 18, 2014
Tarcini Shabari
Dec 17, 2012

I'm a writer from Tallahassee who chases three crazy kids around the house all day before collapsing in front of my computer.

I write everything from fairy tales to zombies, whatever's exciting to me. (The muse likes to bounce around.)

Other little tid-bits: I'm a dog person (I have a German Shepherd named Guybrush), I like to run (most of the time) and majored in Psychology (which explains why I'm