Start by marking “The Everyday Life Bible: The Power of God's Word for Everyday Living” as Want to Read:
The Everyday Life Bible: The Power of God's Word for Everyday Living

The Everyday Life Bible: The Power of God's Word for Everyday Living

4.71  ·  Rating details ·  1,627 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
Inside the pages of the Everyday Life Bible, readers will experience the opportunity to study Scripture as if Joyce were sitting next to them, chapter by chapter and precept by precept. Not only will they learn more, they will be able to share this new understanding with family and friends in a practical and down-to-earth manner. This Specialty Bible contains five standing ...more
Published October 9th 2006 (first published January 1st 2006)

Paula
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What could be better than the Bible?
Cookie
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I would give this six or seven stars, if I could. Well, of course, it's the Word of God (duh!), but it's the amplified Bible, annnnd, there are tons of little blurbs and comments written by Joyce Meyer. There are also some very extremely helpful tables and references in the back. This is DEFINITELY my favoritest Bible (I have 10 of them!).
Jill
May 01, 2013 added it
I picked this up on a whim while getting typical groceries at Wal-mart. It actually reads like modern talk. There are lots of other meanings behind particular words, which are helpful in trying to decipher the original meaning. Print size and formating are well done such that I can actually "curl up" with this in bed and read a few pages to close out my day. Joyce Meyer inserts her own interpretations and applications to life. I haven't read very many of those yet, but will look forward to how t ...more
Ellie Wyatt
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
the greatest book in the world. I've been reading the Bible for my whole life, but not until this year did I make it a goal to read the whole thing from cover to cover. I cannot believe how much it's changed my life, changed me as a person, and how much I have learned. I have grown so much this year and I owe it all to really dedicating time to study the Word in it's entirety. can't wait to start all over again and learn some more!

also, Joyce's side notes in this Bible were very helpful and enli
Bonnie
May 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am already a BIG fan of the Amplified Bible so I really like this Bible for that reason alone. Additionally, my mom and I have watched Joyce Meyer for years and have read a couple of her books so I enjoy her notes and additional elaboration of the Scripture as well, including some information she shares from her life and experiences. I enjoy reading this Bible almost every morning so I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!
Kim DuBrul
Jan 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I love this Bible because Joyce gives examples and added thoughts throughout that help me to have a deeper understanding instead of a cursory reading. It is like being in a Bible study everyday and she really helps me to "get" things!
Mark Glidden
Apr 20, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: rubbish
If all those fellows who died translating the Bible into the common tongue could see how it would one day be subjected to this treatment by a neo-Elmer Gantry crank like Joyce Meyer, they would have gladly stuck with the Latin and Greek.
Seriously, if you're going to edit your thoughts into Bible notes, MAKE THEM WORTHWHILE. At high school, some of the dunces drew genitals and scribbled obscenities on the blank spaces in their school Bibles. I would pick these as a lesser desecration of Scripture
Olivia Jayne Eldridge
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
There is nothing better than reading the word. It comforts you when you are sad, guides you when you need direction, encourages you to prosper and overcome. The ultimate life lessons are found in this book. Joyce Meyer's commentary is simple and to the point. I highly recommend this version of the Amplified Bible to everyone. I read it daily.
Linda James
Aug 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Linda by: My sister-in-law.
This is an on-going read. I recieved this Bible as a gift for Christmas 2006, I had not recieved a nice study Bible since 1976 so I really needed one. I still read my old one too (I am attached to it) but the new one is neat because Joyce Meyer makes her life experiences a part of each chapter and it is interesting to read her story as I read the Bible.
Gina
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I own this Bible, and I love it! It's written in the Amplified version, which is what Joyce mostly uses in her books. You will love the little study nuggets Joyce has scattered throughout the Bible on every few pages.
Berteena Anderson
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Highly recommended; especially, if you are struggling in life in any way.
This Bible includes passages written by Joyce that help you understand sections better. She includes prayers. There's history and root word explanation.
This Bible is one of the best gifts I've ever received.
Christina
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A dear friend recommended this book. I love it. It has very good applications in today's world as applied to with God's word. I only wish that it has an audio version and Large Print in addition to the regular book.

Dorena
May 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I finished the Bible today! Does it make me a Bible expert? Absolutely not. But at least now I am familiar with stories and I can go back and dig deeper. The Bible is a book that will never go off my "currently reading" shelf. It should be a book that is a mandatory read in school; the world would be a loving place because of it.
Crystal
Feb 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The inserts really helped me to understand the principles in the Bible and to be able to compare and apply them to my everyday life. It is fantastic and I grew so much from reading this version of the Bible. I highly recomment it to anyone who needs some help understanding the Bible.
John
Aug 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Fairly decent version that I have read cover-to cover more than once. Joyce always has "real-life" examples of how we can apply God's word and Biblical preachings to everyday life without over-complicating things.
Laylita
Nov 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
easy to understand and has a breakdown from Joyce Meyer. in every other verse or so that breaks down the Bible and gives a message you can understand in plain English. this the the old and new testament of the Bible and it is the amplified version. i wish they had it for kindle.
John Richards
Aug 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: bought-books
Difficult read because she runs the interpretations into the verses and in same type so one cannot readily distinguish one from the other. The life notes are good, however. They are separate and easy to read and are good applications.
Anne
Aug 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I brought this back in June 2012 and have been reading it ever since. It's a great bible and I love how Joyce adds extra stuff that makes even easier to understand and makes you think. It's a great bible for anyone!
Susan
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this version of the BIBLE, and Joyce Meyer's accompanying teaching - so easy to understand. Good concordance. I will never finish this book....the WORD of GOD...needs to be read (in some version) everyday!
Susan
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great Amplified version of the Bible. Love the footnotes she added to make it even more easier to understand the teachings. Once again you did Joyce great teacher,motivator and inspiration of how God can use anyone who is willing to heed the call.
Nina
Jan 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone who wants a closer relationship with GOD..
Recommended to Nina by: JOYCE MEYER.COM / TV SHOW
This was my gift to myself and I have to say this book/ bible helps you break down each scripture and tells you how to apply it to your everyday life...GREAT READ FOR LIFE...THIS IS A HUST HAVE...
Beth
Oct 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This has the Amplified Bible text, which illuminates the text wonderfully, and Joyce's meditations which are priceless!
Alicia
Apr 21, 2010 is currently reading it
LOVE THIS BIBLE!!!!!!
Ugonna
Dec 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this bible for my birthday and am enjoying it so far. I was nervous to venture into the Amplified version, but I like it and still have my NAS as a reference :)
Linda
Jan 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: spiritual
This is a great inspirational Bible with key notes and life points from Joyce Meyer. I prefer the NIV study Bible but am enjoying Joyce's wisdom and life experiences included in this one,
Alison Johnson
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Constantly referred to. I am a big fan of her style, honesty and passion.
Dee
Mar 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say!
Jamie Spears
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the first (and only) Bible that i have read entirely. It was great, easy to read and easy to understand and the extras and life applications were great.
Jennifer Covington
Mar 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This bible is FANTASTIC! The bible alone of course is life changing, but I really enjoy Joyce Meyer's commentary and straight forward notes! It's definitely a good one to have!
Patricia Brown
Jan 14, 2011 is currently reading it
is the best book ever
  • Starting Your Day Right: Devotions for Each Morning of the Year
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.
More about Anonymous...