Start by marking “Baby Makes Four: Welcomi” as Want to Read:
Baby Makes Four: Welcomi

Baby Makes Four: Welcomi

3.09  ·  Rating details ·  32 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Welcoming a Second Child into the FamilyThe joy and love that your first child has brought into your life is immeasurable, and now you're ready for another baby. You've been through pregnancy and childbirth before, but this time you have added responsibilities toward a little person who hasn't had that experience. And Baby Makes Four is written specifically to inform and s ...more
Published August 1st 1998 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Baby Makes Four, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby Makes Four

jacky
Jan 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: baby-parenting, 2011
There aren't many books on the topic of merging your family from one child to two. Thus far, I've located six titles, though one is unavailable in my library network. This title is the first to come through since it is the only one my local library owns.

This book was a good place to start for information about having your second child. It covers most every aspect of the transition, but doesn't go into much depth on all topics. For example, there was a lot of about choosing if it is the right ti
Aug 28, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 8 months preggers with your second baby?
Holy crap I have a lot of preparation ahead of me! And only a month left... Between getting Maya ready for a new baby, and getting myself ready for renewed sleep deprivation and the discombobulation that accompanies those first few weeks, I'm exhaused just thinking about it.

This book does a great job covering the basics about how this pregnancy and the first few months are likely to be different from the first one. It also does a good job of covering the range of reactions my two year old may ha
Michel
Feb 10, 2013 rated it liked it
I read this over a few months. It had some good info on adding a second child. Some of it was a little depressing, but I suppose just reality. Glad I read it. I feel a bit better armed for this second child.
Celeste
Nov 19, 2009 rated it liked it
This book helped me start thinking about the changes a second child will make in our family. It is very realistic in its approach which I liked. But there wasn't too much really "insightful" information given. most of it is just common sense.
Cat
Mar 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved how it assumed that the mother was working. She didn't present it as a book for working moms; this normalized the working mom experience. Full of really good advice on how to prepare your child to be a sibling as well.
Melissa
Jun 30, 2009 rated it liked it
Short with helpful tips re: adding a second child into the family. I thought it generally seemed practical and worth the couple afternoons it took to look through it.
Gretchen
Jan 31, 2010 rated it it was ok
Not the wealth of information I was hoping for.
Theresa
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
Very vague information about HOW to welcome second child into the family. Can find the same exact info online via Google search, and resources are extremely outdated.
Sara Michelman
Apr 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
describes and addresses all my thoughts and concerns for having another child.
Shannon
May 30, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: alreadyread
The theory is right but it's a little dry.
Carah
Sep 19, 2008 rated it really liked it
Helpful advice on transitioning from Baby #1 to Baby #2. Not *quite* completely up-to-date, but enough practical advice to overlook mentions of video tapes instead of DVDs.
Fran