Start by marking “Divide and Conquer (Infinity Ring #2)” as Want to Read:
Divide and Conquer (Infinity Ring #2)

Divide and Conquer

(Infinity Ring #2)

Scholastic's next multi-platform mega-event begins here!

Dak, Sera, and Riq might be in over their heads when they attempt to stop a Viking invasion!

Hundreds of ships carrying thousands of warriors are laying siege to medieval Paris. The Parisians are holding their own, but the stalemate can only last so long. And that's bad news -- especially since Dak has been captured, f
Published November 6th 2012 by Scholastic Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Divide and Conquer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Divide and Conquer

Bill Tillman
Rick, Dak and Sara slip into the age of Vikings. They find new friends and enemies a Frank boy named Bill, a Viking named Rolo and his dog a 150 pound Wolf Hound. Dak is still starry-eyed over history, causing him to land in the hands of enemies.
S.W.
Aug 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Infinity Ring 2 - Divide and Conquer is a great story that I liked even better than book 1. Our heroes, Dak, Sera and Riq return in a great adventure that is full of action, heroics and suspense.

In this instalment the gang find themselves in Paris in 885 at the very time that the Vikings are invading. Their old foes the SQ are also back again, and having infiltrated the Vikings they are leading them into events that will strengthen the SQ for the future. Our heroes need to find the Hystorian
Sriya Mudumba
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was very intense at the war.
Michelle
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love historical fiction. I love sci-fi. This series is a great combination of both! This particular book was about the Vikings and the Siege of Paris about 885 AD and the conquest of Normandy. It involved Rollo the Walker. Before listening to this book I listened to Sea Wolves, so I knew the history. That was fun to follow along and know what was supposed to happen and spot what was wrong in history. At the same time, it is just fine if you don't know the Viking history. They cover the history ...more
Nhu
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: borrow, audiobook
This book is even more actioned packed. There is plenty of suspense in this book. There is so much suspense that it will make you want to read all of the books in the series.
Jessica (Books: A true story)
Divide and Conquer, book 2 in the Inifinity Ring series, starts off talking about Paris which was actually where the last game ended and not where book 1 ended. It was a cool way to tie the online games in with the books. You don’t have to play the games to understand the books, but I think they are fun and the maps that go with the games inside the books make it feel like you are a part of the quest.

This particular period in Viking history was a perfect one to appeal to kids. There’s a king nam
Melanie
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
When I read/listened to the first book of the series, I thought it was one of the most promising middle-grader books that I read so far. It was charming, it had a cool premise and interesting, different characters while still keeping all its middle-grader characteristics. I was quite sure I was about to be hooked up by the series and read the whole thing. Too bad that the experience I had with Divide and Conquer didn't even get close to a third of the fun I had with the first book. The second bo ...more
Jon
Jun 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Check out Scott Reads It! for giveaways, reviews & more!

Divide And Conquer is the 2nd installment in the Infinity Ring series and it definitely surpasses it's predecessor. I'm not really familiar with the history behind the Vikings' siege of Paris so it was nice to get a basic background on the events. This book is short, but sweet with enough action and adventure to create a compelling adventure. I read the entire book in one sitting which should give you a sense of how compelling and quic
Mads Breigutu
Infinity Ring #2 “Divide and Conqueror”

Dak, Sera and Riq has gone back in time to stop the 30,000 thousand manned viking army from sieging ancient Paris. Will they make it, or, will they fail and let the vikings burn Paris?

Dak, Sera and Riq are brave kids that do everything in their power to stop this attack, thousands of ships are barging the beach with thousands of vikings, it is only a matter of time for these brave fellows to breach their defences, and find an ally among these gruul vikings,
Tajwar Rahman
The second book of the Infinity Ring series is even more exciting than the first. The crew now know how to control the ring. They are using it like professionals. However they got themselves in the biggest dilemma. They need to stop a viking rampage, and all of the vikings are part of the SQ, the opposing team. Dak is kidnapped by the vikings and is forced to work for the opposing side. How will Dak, Sera, and Riq stop an army of big and strong vikings?
This book is even more actioned packed. Th
Kim  Dennis
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-books
My biggest fear with this series is that each book would basically a be the same story as the other books in the series. At least with the first two, it wasn't that way. There were similarities, but I felt like the second book was a distinct story. I didn't know about that period in history, so I got online and learned a little bit. I love books that make me want to learn. There were a couple of places I thought the action went on a little long, but then again, I'm not really the target audience ...more
Trevor Bouma
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was amazing! The Infinity Ring #2 : Divide and Conquer is about 3 kids who travel through time. They go back to the year 880 AD when the Vikings are attacking Paris. They are trying to fix a break in time and 1 kid gets captured by the Vikings. I liked this book because it is about Dak, Riq and Sera! Sera knows lots about Science and Dak knows History and Riq speaks 16 languages. I like Science and History so I really liked this book.
Jack
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: summer-reading
Dak, Sera, and their new friend Riq, are fixing the breaks in the past again, and now, they're going to 885, when the Vikings and the Franks have a war, and three kids have to fix it. I liked this book because I'm starting to enjoy this series since I finished the first book. I would recommend this book to people who fantasy books.
MariayiahS(A3)
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun little quick read book. It's not the best book I've read, especially next to the first and second Percy Jackson series, but this is a great series. I think it's pretty cool that each book is written by a different author and love all the details each author puts into their books. Yes, the characters do seem to change just a little bit in each book because the authors are changed, but for the most part, each author does really well in portraying each character close to the same. Eac ...more
Nam
Jul 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Mary Thomas
Ugh. Didn't care for this one. I loved the first one and skipped around a bit to the periods that were more interesting to me (#3 - Underground Railroad and the one about WWII). Then I realized that the series ends with #8, which felt do-able. I don't know if it was the Viking theme or what in this one, but I just wasn't into it. And it kept wrapping up seemingly only to keep going. I'll probably try #4 and if it's as painful, I'll abandon the series.

Literary Escapes Challenge - France
Enter Name
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think that this book is a very good science fiction novel that you can read at any time. It is about three main characters that go back in time to Paris to fix the past. The problem is that they cannot change the future too much. Also, they have to survive while thing like Vikings try to attack them. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to read a good sci-fi book!
Claire Mummert
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well this book definitely had some unexpected twists and turns as you solve the next riddle in the infinity ring series. I love that we got a less whiny perspective from Dak and saw Sera develop into a more complex character. I'm still holding out to get more from Rick, but there's still another book ahead!
Hannah
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I like this book it was way better than the first one!
Mahad
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think it was really good because they go back in time, use this cool gadget, and defend against vikings.
Laura Iacono
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another interesting book that I couldn't put down!
Vicki
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really love this fun series. Now on to the next!!
Chris
Aug 06, 2019 added it
i forgot
Malia
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Time travelers to fix changes in time.
Rohan D
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This sequel is about medival Paris and the Vikings. In this book, the author describes the setting and characters well, and I learned a lot from this, while also reading this for fun.
Jake Daubner
May 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
just 👌

Batman dies in endgame
Kajeth
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book it had and exciting adventure and the Vikings are the best to give us a adventure. My favorite part was the massive dog Vigi the was the pet of ganger a famous viking.
Robert
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good story. Looking forward to the next book.
Angela Massengale
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: return-to-later
Liked this one better than the first, which is a good thing! Almost didn't continue with the series. Continuing on to the 3rd.
Person Who Reads
Feb 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
-an overprivileged (stupidass) white boy
-the hets at it again
-they were literally in the middle of a war watching people get slaughtered
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
the authors 2 8 Jan 01, 2014 12:57PM

• The Trap Door (Infinity Ring, #3)
  • Curse of the Ancients (Infinity Ring #4)
  • Cave of Wonders (Infinity Ring, #5)
  • A Mutiny in Time (Infinity Ring, #1)
  • Behind Enemy Lines (Infinity Ring, #6)
  • A Case of Poisons (Anthony Maxwell #1)
  • Assault (Recon Team Angel, #1)
  • The Triad of Finity (Oliver Nocturne, #6)
  • The Last Musketeer (The Last Musketeer, #1)
  • Ignition (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #2)
  • Only By Chance
  • Quest for the Secret Keeper (Oracles of Delphi Keep, #3)
  • Time Pullers
  • Shantorian (Trackers, #2)
  • The Better To See You (Transplanted Tales, #2)
  • Legend of the Ghost Dog
Carrie Ryan is the New York Times bestselling author of a lot of books. She use to be a lawyer. Happily, she is not anymore. You can keep it that way by reading her books:

If you like zombies, try the Forest of Hands and Teeth series.

If you like clever, fun adventure fantasy for 8-12 year olds, definitely read the Map To Everywhere series (co-written with her husband, John Parke Davis).

If you lik

Infinity Ring (8 books)
  • A Mutiny in Time (Infinity Ring, #1)
  • The Trap Door (Infinity Ring, #3)
  • Curse of the Ancients (Infinity Ring #4)
  • Cave of Wonders (Infinity Ring, #5)
  • Behind Enemy Lines (Infinity Ring, #6)
  • The Iron Empire (Infinity Ring, #7)
  • Eternity (Infinity Ring, #8)
“She stood on the pile of rubble, her sword held high in such a way that it gleamed in the damp morning. She looked bold and fierce - unlike the science geek who'd been his best friend for years.” 1 likes
“Oh for the love of mincemeat!” 0 likes