Start by marking “The Trap Door (Infinity Ring, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Trap Door (Infinity Ring, #3)

The Trap Door

(Infinity Ring #3)

The multi-platform adventure through time continues! Dak, Sera, and Riq return to the United States and walk immediately into a deadly trap. The year is 1850, and the nation is divided over the issue of slavery. In these dark days, the Underground Railroad provides a light of hope, helping runaway slaves escape to freedom. But the SQ has taken control of the Underground ...more
Published February 5th 2013 by Scholastic Inc. (first published February 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Trap Door, please sign up.

Start your review of The Trap Door (Infinity Ring, #3)
Nhu
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: borrow, audiobook

This installment was pretty good. Interesting to read about an alternate-American history, where the Underground Railway was not a success, due to interference. Some good background/past character development for Riq. Hints of a possible dark future from Sarah.
C.C. Thomas
Nov 24, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy
This one is the worst yet in the series. The jokes and dialogue are goofy and ridiculous and the 'secret clues' are just so bad. I am officially giving up on this series.

The topic of slavery is so somber and important, yet is so trite here. There is hardly anything realistic about it. The writing in this one felt boring and formulaic; the characters like cardboard--like a journaling assignment gone on for too long. This is a mixed media book. I wonder how successful they are. Kids in my class
Bill Tillman
This Book #3 is now my favorite in the series so far.Riq, Dak and Sara time-travel to mid-1800s' Many of the great people of this time period are part and parcel of this adventure. Each of the threesome is impacted in meaningful ways, and have an impact on many themselves. 1850 and 1875 are the two spots where Dak, Sara, and Riq go through many struggles while changing history' Don't miss all the action and Dak's corny jokes.
Cy K.
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Infinity ring is about three kids, Dak, Sera, and a teenage historian named Riq, trying to save the world from disasters that the SQ created. After visiting Columbus and fighting vikings, they find their next adventure in the United States in 1850. From their knowledge of history they know the Underground Railroad is going to fail, Abraham Lincoln isn't going to be president, and the Civil War is going to last for fifteen years. They also know that slavery is a big thing which puts Riq in great ...more
Rafael
May 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Infinity Ring's 3rd book. Infinity Ring series was introduced by The 39 Clues to me. Well. I was attracted with the cover of the first book. I never thought such amazing and stunning cover coudl attract me. Imagine, I was so inclined and so -- that's where I started to read the book. In which, I don't regret. This is new to me comparing it to 39 clues.

You'll love how the authors change the history with their far-fetched mind. I like that. I remember reading this on a convenience store and I
Katie W
These are such fun books to read with my kids. I love the way each author is able to keep the characters true to themselves. I also love how each story focuses on an event in history and these young kids have to resolve the breaks in history to restore things to the way they should be.

The adventure and fantasy elements are really engaging for young minds and things move along at a quick enough pace to keep kids' attention.

This story deals with slavery and the issues that arise from prejudices.
Jordan McBride
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I liked "The Trap Door" much better than the previous book. I was a caught off guard a little because the book started after skipping ahead past where the previous book ended. I thought I had missed a book and I had to double check. Once I realized that I did not miss something, I kept reading. This one is set up before the Civil War in the time of the Underground Railroad. It was by far my favorite book so far in the Infinity Ring series and I hope they continue to keep getting better from ...more
Angela Oliver
May 19, 2015 rated it liked it
This instalment was pretty good. Interesting to read about an alternate-American history, where the Underground Railway was not a success, due to interference. Some good background/past character development for Riq. Hints of a possible dark future from Sarah.

Overall, I actually rather enjoyed it.
Kim  Dennis
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This one is my favorite in the series so far. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I know quite a bit about this time period, so there were a lot of things I could see coming. It included one of my all time favorite heroes in here. I also love the fact that, unlike most of the first one, they changed history so it matches what actually happened (with one little exception), and I loved that we got that glimpse into the future.

I was somewhat disappointed in the last few pages of it,
Michelle
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Excellent fiction about the Underground Railroad. I didn't remember much from all those years ago in school, so before I listened to this book I the short children's book "What Was the Underground Railroad." It was the perfect precursor because it prepared me for all the clues to look for. I particularly enjoyed the family history connection!!

My one complaint about the book was that when it started, they were jumping from 1814 in the White House with Dolly Madison. I was so confused that I had
Ethan Mickelberry
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was a very good book! I enjoyed how it played off the last one and how it started out. It left me wanting to read more and more because of all the suspense. I really got into it once Dak and Sera were trapped and Riq got taken away. It really left me wanting to stay and read. I cant wait to read the next one.
Christopher Ballard
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Within the first 10 minutes of reading this book it felt different. It was as if the characters on a tv show had been replaced with new actors. The humor was forced and flat and far to frequent, and the slavery aspect was seemed to be done poorly. Overall it didn’t fit with the first two books and made me want to skip to the next in the series without finishing.
Matthew Manganaro
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a huge step up this one was from the second one!! I flew through this in one sitting. I loved the setting and I also loved the topic and how they dealt with racism. The writing still was a little juvenile for me, but I overall enjoyed this one! Excited to see what the next one is going to be like.
Claire Mummert
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This one was confusing at first because they skip one of the breaks and you are left wondering if you missed a book, but you didn't. Another good book in the series. It is so interesting seeing the story develop by the hand of different authors. Really fun.
Nicole
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun kids story. Very quick read. I liked this one. Had to do with slavery. I like how history is mixed in.
Hamza
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a huge step up this one was from the second one!! I loved this one! The characters and all of its suspense is so well written! 10/10 would read again!
Mary Thomas
I really enjoyed this book, and I thought it was better than the first one -- more action-packed and interesting. I skipped over the second book because I'm not as interested in Vikings.
Laura Iacono
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another interesting book in this fun series!
Vicki
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun series of books that I’m loving.
Robert
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good book. I love the history involved in it and how the main characters aren't always perfect.
Hannah
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THE BEST BOOK IN THE SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joe Holman
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I like these books. Taking a piece of history that are messed up and fixing them. I will read the whole series.
Brent Stratton
Dec 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Another good story in the Infinity Ring series. A kids story and so it keeps things simple. Would be a good book and series for the 8-14 reader depending on their level.
Sriya Mudumba
Dec 10, 2017 rated it liked it
it was a pretty good book
Rohan D
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is very similar to the other companions of this series. However, this is related to the Civil War slavery.
Nicholas Farole
Great book, climax is exciting and i would recommend it to kids aged from 11-14. I enjoy the series overall and i will be sure to read the next book.
Jenn
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first thing I'm going to say is that I still hate the way this series is set up and the gap between books. Eventually I'll probably cave and go to the website to see what I'm missing, but that day isn't today. I still think you shouldn't have to visit a website in order to receive the complete story in a book series. That said this installment of The Infinity Ring series is another winner in my book.

Unlike Ryan, McMann returned to a more familiar period of history in her story as Sera, Dak
Daniel K
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book very much. I liked how Riq, Sera, and Dak got captured by a fake Mrs. Beeson (who was actually SQ)! Also how Riq got captured by the slave owners and was almost sold as a slave.
Matthew Bautista
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
“The Trap Door” was written by another scholastic writer, Lisa McMann. The third installment of the Infinity Ring series takes place somewhere near Virginia, Maryland during 1850. The trio of Riq, Sera, and Dak are separated yet again when they are tricked into staying overnight in a house owned by a woman pretending to be an abolitionist. Riq is taken by slave traders, and is put onto a truck with other slaves. “The Trap Door” excellently describes how horribly African-Americans were treated ...more
Corey
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Overall, I really liked this book. This one is about three kids that go back to the 1850s in America to prevent people from messing up time. They see how things were back in that time with slavery. The three kids also see major abolitionists like Harriet Tubman. I would recommend this book to people that like action and adventure. I am really looking forward to reading the next book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Infinity Ring 1 1 Jan 10, 2019 04:01PM
Infinity Ring 1 1 Jan 09, 2019 07:41AM

• Breakaway (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #2)
  • A King's Ransom (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #2)
  • Countdown (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #3)
  • The Dead of Night (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #3)
  • Flashpoint (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #4)
  • Trust No One (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #5)
  • Shatterproof (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #4)
  • Mission Titanic (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #1)
  • Mission Hindenburg (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #2)
  • Nowhere to Run (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #1)
  • The Sword Thief (The 39 Clues, #3)
  • One False Note (The 39 Clues, #2)
  • Vespers Rising (The 39 Clues, #11)
  • Beyond the Grave (The 39 Clues #4)
  • In Too Deep (The 39 Clues, #6)
  • The Medusa Plot (39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #1)
  • The Black Book of Buried Secrets
  • Storm Warning (The 39 Clues, #9)
Lisa McMann lives and writes in the Phoenix area. Her books include the NYT bestselling THE UNWANTEDS series (the new UNWANTEDS QUESTS series begins Feb 7, 2017) and the YA paranormal WAKE trilogy. Other books include the VISIONS trilogy, CRYER'S CROSS, DEAD TO YOU, INFINITY RING: The Trap Door, and the GOING WILD trilogy (book 2 coming autumn 2017).

You can find more info at Lisa'a website,

Infinity Ring (8 books)
  • A Mutiny in Time (Infinity Ring, #1)
  • Divide and Conquer (Infinity Ring #2)
  • Curse of the Ancients (Infinity Ring #4)
  • Cave of Wonders (Infinity Ring, #5)
  • Behind Enemy Lines (Infinity Ring, #6)
  • The Iron Empire (Infinity Ring, #7)
  • Eternity (Infinity Ring, #8)
“For the love of Madison. Er... mincemeat, I mean.
- Sera”
0 likes
“Oh, Dak. You don't actually know the answer, do you? Poor thing. That's okay. It happens. Remember when I got a ninety-nine point seven five percent on my college prep Chemistry exam last year? That was..." Sera's eyes clouded over and she shook her head. "That was... heartbreaking. I understand what you're going through.” 0 likes