Start by marking “Behind Enemy Lines (Infinity Ring, #6)” as Want to Read:
Behind Enemy Lines (Infinity Ring, #6)

Behind Enemy Lines (Infinity Ring #6)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  1,297 Ratings  ·  58 Reviews
Fix the past. Save the future.

Dak, Sera, and Riq involve themselves in one of the most bizarre spy missions in history . . . and the outcome of World War II hangs in the balance.

Published December 3rd 2013 by Scholastic Incorporated (first published September 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Behind Enemy Lines, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Behind Enemy Lines

Cy K.
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is about three kids who jump through time to change certain events to stop an evil organization known as the SQ. Sera, Dak and Riq have time-warped by using the Infinity Ring from Baghdad to 1943 Scotland. They go there because they realize they are to witness World War II as the means to correct a break in the past. But before they can set up a plan, Nazi planes begin a blitz. A cadet who says that he’s their contact rushes them into an air-raid shelter. He is eventually killed trying ...more
Bill Tillman
I loved going to Aberdeen, then to London walking the halls of the Admiralty. On to Spain to shore up a British intelligence plot. And finally to Hitler's bunker, each step a thrill ride in itself! Don't miss this great adventure in time travel.
Fernanda Assis
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5
Mary
Thank you to netgalley.com and Scholastic for allowing me access to this title.

***Vague spoilers***

I have really been enjoying this series. They picked some really great authors. This section of the series written by one of my favorite authors Jennifer A Nielsen.

While the writing was great and the story really fun. I feel like I was cheated out of an adventure. At the end of book five they land in a very suspenseful situation, but at the beginning of this book they bounce into a completely diff
Katie W
This is another great adventure! My kids and I were pretty nervous when Hitler made an appearance. I actually learned a few factual things about World War II that I didn't know before.
Mary Thomas
I picked this book because I enjoy reading WWII stories, and this one, unlike the story of Columbus in Book 1, was one that I knew absolutely nothing about. I had to research it a bit afterwards to find out which parts were factual (turns out the main spy plot and some of the people actually existed). I have been bouncing around this series, picking the eras most interesting to me and avoiding the ancient eras, but tonight I realized that this is not a never-ending series but one with only 8 boo ...more
Kim  Dennis
Jun 09, 2018 rated it liked it
I wavered between 3 and 4 stars on this one. I finally went with 3, because there are several of these that I have enjoyed more that got 4 stars. As always, my favorite part is learning more about history. I love the way the authors weave in fact along with the way history was "broken". It will be good in the next book to see how they fix the original break.
Vicki
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I’m glad I found these books. Very fun.
Oda Renate
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
not the best but still good book.
the villains in this though WOW
Hannah Russell
Wow. Never thought this series would be able to pull anything out again above a one star book. But this one did a couple of good things. It at least attempted to wrap up the history with a "this is how it should be." And the Von Roenne story line was thoughtful without seeming preachy, like much of the series has felt.

Not perfect, but a definite improvement.
Lisa
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Source: Netgalley

I did read these books out of order, but hopefully that will not have much bearing on the review. I have missed Dak, Sera and Riq and I am glad to be getting back to them again. And this one is written by one of my new favorite authors, so that makes it even better and I had very high hopes coming into this book.

I admit that the landing on an awning thing at the beginning made me laugh. Riq seems to be the butt of the joke fairly frequently.

And then, oh my, Riq has a secret that
Kimberly
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
Kim McGee
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy this series because it shows that you can have a high adventure series with some violence and risk without overwhelming the kids or watering down the real history. Jennifer Nielsen has picked up Sera, Riq and Dak's story and we find them looking for the history break in Nazi Germany during WWII.
Major Martin's documents must be delivered to the Nazis as a ruse to throw them off the scent of where the Allies are really going to focus their manpower. As in the other books of the seri
Jackie
Dak, Sera, and Riq find themselves in the WWII theater, as they attempt to alter history and fix the break while acting as spies against Hitler and Germany. They find they have to split up to accomplish this tricky mission...Sera goes to Spain to get information on a British soldier carrying classified secrets who suddenly washed up on shore...dead. Riq is left behind in Britain to figure what course of action that country is taking, and Dak heads to Germany to persuade Hitler and his men to tak ...more
CJRA
Jun 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-teen
I can't say I enjoyed it very much. I like J. Nielsen's other books, but I didn't really like her stab at Infinity Ring much. I'm not sure how authors for 'Scholastic Press' series' are chosen (Infinity Ring, 39 Clues, Spirit Animals, etc.) - but this topic/time era, or whatever you want to call it, was sensitive and difficult to position a children/young adult books around - Nazi-Germany isn't the most attractive of topics, so perhaps this is why this book fell flat for me and sad that Nielsen ...more
Jenn
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one a lot better than the last, with finally meeting the Lady in Red, better known as Tilda in the flesh it added an interesting twist to the story.

I was left with a few questions such as how did Tilda know where Sera put the Infinity Ring or how does the course of history affect future natural disasters (which has been a constant question for me) which is why I didn't give this quite a perfect rating, but I did really enjoy the book.

Learning more detailed information about the eve
Devin Smith
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In Behind Enemy Lines Dak, Sera and Riq are in 1943 in Europe during the Second World War. They split up to accomplish their next mission to help the Allies take over Sicily. Tilda, the head of SQ, has managed to hitch a ride with them to1943. She is determined to make trouble. Dak, Sera, and Riq manage to succeed for the moment, but what does Tilda have in store for the future now that she has an eternity ring?

I loved this book and I rate it five stars. The howl Infinity Ring series is not jus
Yapha
Oct 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another excellent entry into this middle grade series! Riq, Dak, and Sera have traveled back in time to World War II. In their world, neither the Axis powers nor the Allies have won the war. Instead, they have beaten each other to the ground, and this is the point in which the SQ has stepped in and taken control of the world. Everything hinges on fixing this break, and it is their most dangerous mission yet, as they try to infiltrate the Nazi war machine. Recommended for grades 4-8. You must rea ...more
Oak Lawn Public Library - Youth Services
Length: 4.25 hrs (192 pgs)
Lexile: 760L

Summary: Dak, Sera, and Riq are in Europe during WWII. They need to make sure the allies win otherwise the SQ will take over after Nazi supremacy. You have to think like a spy and the greater good over helping your friends, or do you?

Review: This book would complement a study of WWII and Mince Meat Man. What we know of the happenings around this case and the Behind Enemy Lines account. Perspective, trust and beliefs are all tested in the book.

Stars: 3 of 5
B
Lucas
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
The thing I enjoy most about this series is how history "was" before each "break in history" is fixed. It gives me (and hopefully my students) something to think about in terms of how everything in the present may not be if not for the point in history that is getting "fixed" in each book. There has yet to be one book in the series that I haven't wanted to read more about just to add more historical facts to the events and people in the book(s). A great concept, and I look forward to reading the ...more
Andria
Yes, I must admit I read this without reading the first five in the series. That does not impact my review as I was able to follow and understand the story without the other five books. However, so many tags were taken for granted throughout the book that I had all of these niggling questions...where did they stay at night...what did they do about meals...how did they have the various currencies needed...etc. I was thinking so much about that that I did not become invested in the action.
Shannon
Feb 21, 2015 rated it liked it
I have really enjoyed this series so far. Trying to get this series read and finished finally. Took a break from it for while because there were other books I had to read first. You really begin to root for these kids that they will be successful in the end.

*Favorite Passage*
"Maybe it was true what his grandmother had always told him. Maybe things were made better back in the day." Behind Enemy Lines by Jennifer A. Nielsen, page 105.
Jacque
Oct 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
The 6th book in The Infinity Series, the adventures of the three young Hystorians continues, as they must correct events which have gone wrong, to set the future back on its proper path. This time, they are in World War II and working undercover to help the Allies defeat Hitler. This is a title I will recommend to my young readers who enjoy a good adventure.
April
Jan 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Dak, Sera and Riq are in 1943 in Europe during the Second World War. They split up to accomplish their next mission to help the Allies to take over Sicily.
Dak, Sera and Riq manage to succeed for the moment, but what does Tilda have in store for the future now that she has an eternity ring?
Ari Bruening
Aug 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is one of the better installments, although it feels a bit rushed in places. There are a number of coincidences that are a bit too convenient. And there are a number of things that don't quite add up (which isn't new for this series). On the other hand, it was nice to read an installment that breaks the mold of the other books, which all follow the same general storyline.
Shannon O'Donnell
Feb 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love Jennifer Nielsen, so I had high expectations for this story. Happily, I will recommend it to all of my students. BEHIND ENEMY LINES raises the stakes a little higher for our main characters and is a suspenseful and historical addition to the other books in the series. Fans are sure to enjoy this storyline just as much the others!
Heather
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really like Jennifer Nielsen's books so I was excited to read this particular book in the INFINITY RING series!
The outcome of World War II is the problem that needs to be solved in this book with things going on in Germany, Spain and Great Britain.
An unsavory character from the children's current time is also involved making their problems even greater!
Bekka
Jan 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
This one was so suspenseful! I enjoyed how the kids worked on their own for this one, and the direction the plot is taking. Its getting harder and harder for the kids as the series goes on, and that's really fun!
Ace Balwayan
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I could almost imagine Cate Blanchett playing sa Tilda (you know, in case they turn this to a movie). Tilda's like the witch or evil stepmother on those fairy tales but worse because she has her own version of you know what. And she'd just fck up your life. Over and over again.
Amy Jackson
Apr 14, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a strange one, seeing how the kids had to make sure the Allies won, especially as I was going to be learning about this war later on in the year. But it was nice to see it happen the way it should.
  • Cave of Wonders (Infinity Ring, #5)
  • The Iron Empire (Infinity Ring, #7)
  • Curse of the Ancients (Infinity Ring #4)
  • The Trap Door (Infinity Ring, #3)
  • Divide and Conquer (Infinity Ring #2)
  • Valley of Kings (TombQuest, #3)
  • The River of No Return (Jaguar Stones, #3)
  • Mission Atomic (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #4)
  • Mission Titanic (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #1)
  • Mission Hurricane (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #3)
  • Ring of Fire (Century, #1)
  • Stealing Magic (Sixty-Eight Rooms, #2)
  • Flashpoint (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #4)
  • Breakaway (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #2)
  • Fortuna
  • Sovereign Nation (The Carters #1)
  • Mission Hindenburg (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #2)
  • Diary of a Mad Brownie
Jennifer lives at the base of a very tall mountain in Northern Utah with her husband, three children, and a naughty puppy. She loves the smell of rainy days, hot chocolate, and old books, preferably all at once. She is a former speech teacher, theater director, and enjoyed a brief but disastrous career as a door-to-door pollster. In her spare time, Jennifer tends to panic, wondering what she has f ...more
More about Jennifer A. Nielsen

Infinity Ring (8 books)
  • A Mutiny in Time (Infinity Ring, #1)
  • Divide and Conquer (Infinity Ring #2)
  • The Trap Door (Infinity Ring, #3)
  • Curse of the Ancients (Infinity Ring #4)
  • Cave of Wonders (Infinity Ring, #5)
  • The Iron Empire (Infinity Ring, #7)
  • Eternity (Infinity Ring, #8)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • That Hideous Strength: (Space Trilogy, Book Three) (The Space Trilogy 3)
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Dark Tower: And Other Stories
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Silent Planet (Space Trilogy, #1)
    $5.74 $1.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • The Terranauts
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“I'm sorry, Sera. I never understood before. Not really."
"I wish you didn't have to understand now.”
1 likes
“Real spies don't have all the cool gadgets you see in the movies," Dak said, watching Sera struggle with the lock. "Though I sure wish we had a sonic screwdriver right about now.” 1 likes