Start by marking “The Wonderland Alphabet: Alice's Adventures Through the ABCs and What She Found There” as Want to Read:

Eisner Award-Winning artist Janet K. Lee (Return of the Dapper Men, Jane Austen’s Emma) and New York Times bestselling author Alethea Kontis (Enchanted, AlphaOops) team up in this delectable homage. Lee brings her incredible visual flair and Kontis lends her most subversive verse to the alphabet by way of Lewis Carroll in this 26-letter celebration of Alice's Adventures in ...more
Published June 20th 2012 by Archaia

To ask other readers questions about The Wonderland Alphabet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wonderland Alphabet

Dani Shuping
Jul 14, 2012 Dani Shuping rated it it was amazing
One of the things that I enjoyed most about going to Heroescon was getting to meet all of the different artists whose work I’ve been admiring for a while now. Folks like Stan Lee, Jill Thompson, and Janet Lee--the brilliant artist behind the art for the Return of the Dapper Men. Her style is just so fresh and different that I was completely blown away by it when I read Return of the Dapper Men. And so I had a chance to ask her about it at Heroecon and she told me how she draws it out, colors it, ...more
Karma♥Bites ^.~
Mar 06, 2014 Karma♥Bites ^.~ rated it it was ok
This was very difficult to rate. The artwork is wonderful and incorporating snippets from "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" was a brilliant concept. THE WONDERLAND ALPHABET would certainly be appreciated by a child who has a rudimentary grasp of the alphabet and is familiar with Alice's story. However, there is too much in this book which would be beyond a child just learning her ABCs (which is why I originally tried this).

Most letters were not distinctive enough (especially when neutral colors
Gabrielle Carolina Nash
Oct 30, 2012 Gabrielle Carolina Nash rated it really liked it
I adore the verse of this picture book, which doesn't tell a linear story, but highlights not just the common, but all the different pieces of Carroll's Wonderland, from the first book, to the Looking Glass.

The design of the text was also at time inventive and a wonderful addition to the book, though I was a tad underwhelmed with the illustrator's vision of the Jabberwocky and with the Cheshire cat. The first looked like a Dinosaur:

And the second was like this thing:

But overall, I really
Ryan
Oct 18, 2012 Ryan rated it really liked it
I will admit that the cover of this book turned me off at first. It was so brown and un colorful and I expect Alice in wonderland to be colorful! Once I got into the book I was greatly surprised.

The illustrations are fun and more sophisticated then are usually seen in a children’s picture book. The artist played with the layout of words to make the whole thing visually stunning. My favorite illustrated letter was the Knave. He’s on bended knee like he is proposing to someone, but has in his hand
Alicia Scully
Jun 17, 2016 Alicia Scully rated it it was amazing
I love this book! A colleague introduced me to it and I'm so glad she did! I have a deep love for Alice anyway, so I may be biased, but this alphabet book is lovely with its little rhymes throughout. There's a good smattering of Wonderland and Looking Glass elements as well, which is exciting because it really emphasizes the books and their elements that can sometimes be ignored instead of just focusing on the films. I'm so happy about this one.

For: readers wanting a little more than your basic
Lisa B.
Nov 25, 2012 Lisa B. rated it it was amazing
This was so dang cute. The rhyming was darling and the illustrations were just down right fun.

I originally downloaded this to my Kindle - NOT. So I downloaded it to Adobe and that was when the magic appeared. What a huge difference!

Honestly, this was so delightful, I may just buy it in paper format.

Thank you to Archaia Entertainment and Netgalley for allowing me to read this in exchange for an unbiased review.

Publish date: June 19, 2012.
Stacie Wyatt
May 03, 2014 Stacie Wyatt rated it it was amazing
I read the Wonderland Alphabet for review from Netgalley.com. I loved this book, and so did my kids. I loved how the book used characters from Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking Glass (Alice, The Duchess, Queen of Hearts, The jabberwockey, tweedle dee and tweedle dum, for example). Each page also rhymed and was full of satire, wit, and humor. The book was a wonderful read.
Tim
Oct 29, 2012 Tim rated it it was amazing
Another trip to fantasy and fond memories. It is difficult to touch your childhood and remember the dreams of that age half a century later. Alethea again manages to bring it back to mind with her wonderfully ingenious alphabet. I just wish I had a kid to read it with.
Nancy
Oct 14, 2012 Nancy rated it liked it
As far as teaching a child the alphabet, this book probably won't work. But, the art was beautiful and the rhymes for every letter are okay. It is definitely for someone who has read Alice in Wonderland.
Amanda
Jun 28, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing
not an abbreviated synopsis but an amusing rhyming ancillary piece... a teaser for those too young to read the real text
Lydia
Lydia rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2016
Amaris Skye
Amaris Skye rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2013
TLmyLXhd
TLmyLXhd rated it did not like it
Sep 14, 2012
Vim
Vim rated it it was ok
Oct 13, 2012
Reagan
Reagan rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2013
Missie Kay
May 29, 2013 Missie Kay rated it it was amazing
Read my review at my blog:

Missy
Missy rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2014
Jon
Jon rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Emma
Emma rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2012
Devon Kelleé
Devon Kelleé rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2012
Richard Miller
Richard Miller rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2016
Sarah rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2015
Genevieve Rose
Genevieve Rose rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2012
Kristi
Kristi rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2014
John Bowen
John Bowen rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2014
Caroline
Caroline rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2013
Marissa Gunning
Marissa Gunning rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2012
Rachael
Rachael rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2012
Susan
Susan rated it it was ok
Nov 20, 2012
Eleni Konstantine
Illuminated letters used to show alphabet with a rhyme for each. Artwork was nicely done.
"A veritable badass fairy princess." --Jim Butcher

"Alethea Kontis IS fairy tales." --Jim C. Hines, author of Libriomancer

"Alethea Kontis: Awesome, racks up award nominations, wears tiaras." --SF author Ferrett Steinmetz

"I want to live in [Alethea's] head because I think that might be the most interesting place in the world!!!!" --Ellen Oh, author of Prophecy

"Alethea Kontis, the woman who writes li
More about Alethea Kontis...