Start by marking “Everyone Poops” as Want to Read:
Everyone Poops

Everyone Poops

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  5,200 Ratings  ·  626 Reviews
With a straightforward text and illustrations showing beasts and bugs doing it, younger children are shown a natural part of life. Elephants and mice, fish and raccoons, grown-ups and children, all in their own style do it. The candor is refreshing and the illustrations charming and childlike.--The Children's Book Bat. Full-color illustrations. Baby/Preschool.
Published March 1st 1993 by Kane/Miller Book Publishers (first published 1977)

To ask other readers questions about Everyone Poops, please sign up.

Amd Yes, it's a common book that helps kids begin to understand potty training.

Jan 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Gerritt by: Jonathon Dokkstren
This book has turned my life completely around.

I used to have a very negative attitude towards those who told me that everyone poops. I was really quick to dismiss their claims that everyone poops as mystical hogwash, a sort of pseudo-scientific feel-good philosophy designed to scam the gullible out of their money. I mean, when we were kids, who didn't imagine themselves one day pooping? I know we all tried it, and imagined that we could poop, but eventually most of us grew out of this phase and
Jun 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-children
I've got a 3 year old that won't poop on the potty. Nope. She just takes a dump in her underwear. Yum. So, as semi-gross as the illustrations in this book were, it's nothing compared to the mess I have to clean out of her pants every day.
Basically, this is an illustrated book for children about various animals and the way they poop. Then it throws in how kids (and adults) poop on the potty, and babies poop in their diapers. Again. This is illustrated, but it's cartoonish so it's not like you're
Mar 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: potty-time
The realization that everyone does indeed POOP, may not be so comforting after all . . .

Up and Out by Jeremy Kaye
Mar 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
This Post-modern work tackles the taboo subjects of poop, and those who do the pooping. I won't spoil the ending for you but lets just say that there are enough plot twists to keep you guessing. Clearly inspired by contemporary feminist theory with a hint of neo-marxist thought
Nov 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A thriller, non-stop action, definately one of Gomi's best pieces.
Nov 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Becky by: Jackie
OK so... Everyone poops. Duh.

I'm not really so sure what the point of this book is.

If it's meant to be funny, it kinda failed, because I don't think that toddlers will appreciate "poop" as a funny word yet. You have to get to the age where poop can be embarrassing and therefore be subject to becoming a joke... Five maybe. Or ten. Or thirty-five.

If it's meant to be informative, it kinda failed there, too. It's not informative as a potty-training book because it has no information about potty-t
Beth F.
Nov 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kidlets
I’m torn. Either this is the most brilliant potty training book ever published. Or else it’s friggin creepy as hell. Or maybe it’s both at the same time. Take your pick.

My mother-in-law, sister-in-law and I went day after Christmas shopping today in a very small tourist town in northern Wisconsin. The selection of shops in town is primarily of the tchotchke shop variety. They each found a heavily discounted Christmas tchotchke for future years and I bought yarn. I also found a display of childr
Nov 05, 2012 rated it it was ok
Didn't answer pressing question about what whale poop looks like. Two stars.

(I have no idea why this was on my list of books to read. Maybe someone put this on here as a practical joke. Jokes on you, trickster person. I have read it and now I know about different poop, which is clearly superior knowledge that you do not possess and with it I shall take over the world. Good day.)
Chanty Figs
Jul 30, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Just might be the most important book of our generation. I laughed, I cried it made me want to poo.
Amusing book. Part of being an animal is we all poop and this book has fun showing this part of life. My brother got this and had me read it before he had kids. That's his humor.
Sep 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, hardcover, indy
I did not realise this book has been around for so long. Indy asked me to get it for him, they must have been reading it at pre school. I also didn't realise it's a translation.

I love how these concepts are so fascinating to children. When yep, quite simply, everyone 'poops', as Indy says!
May 03, 2009 rated it did not like it
I wasn't convinced.
Sep 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: funny
My best friends daughter refused to go poop in the potty... she would cop-a-squat outside in the I'm not and I tried not to laugh but how can you not? I got her this book and sat her down and we read it. It showed her that all people and animals poop. She said, "But Aunt Lisa, the animals are pooping outside, why cant I?" So I told her that yes, animals poop outside, but animals also lick their butts clean instead of using toilet paper and they get worms in their bel ...more
Courtney Miller
Mar 24, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone with a sense of humor
Very cute little book ... great to give to people who have an issue pooping in public bathrooms.
Uday Vadula
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Finally, a book about poop thats not total shit.
My kids & I read this about ten years ago. We all thought it was great fun. Our favorite line:

A one humped camel makes a one humped poop. A two humped camel makes a two humped poop!
Sean DeLauder
Sep 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Budding Scatologists
This book is responsible for asking the most haunting unanswered question I have ever confronted:

What does whale poop look like?
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nf-unsorted-kids
The images aren't that great, but they get across the message without being too graphic. Here kids are introduced to some basic science ideas -- all animals need to eat, and there's a connection between eating and 'pooping.' Older kids (ages 5-8) can be encouraged to think a little beyond the obvious. E.g., What does whale poop look like? What happens to the food when it's in the body -- the waste that comes out sure doesn't look like what went in. ...

Update. I just read this book to my nephew w
Katherine Parker
Feb 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: max-s-shelf
This book has fabulous illustrations and doesn't shy away from its subject. It asks the question, "What does whale poop look like?"

Oddly, when I searched for it by title, this is the other book that came up:
God Wants You to Be Rich: How and Why Everyone Can Enjoy Material and Spiritual Wealth in Our Abundant World, by Paul Pilzer.

Ponder the connections between these two volumes, dear reader.
Peter Lee
Dec 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Some real life lessons.
Aug 28, 2007 rated it it was amazing
This book taught me a LOT about life and helped me get through some difficult times.
Morgan F.
Oct 20, 2016 rated it did not like it
I don't have much to say about it.
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
i poop you oop we all poop its weird。im ⟫⟫⟫——————⟫
May 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: poesía, l-japonesa

Al mismo tiempo un librito para nenes, poesía budista y una concepción subversiva. ¿Subversiva para quién? para aquellos bienpensantes de siempre que quieren borrar al cuerpo, hacerlo una máquina perfecta e invisible, superior al resto de la naturaleza.
Estas dos citas (un cuento y un poema) creo que son compañeros honrosos:

Debido a su excesiva curiosidad, una anciana cayó de su ventana y se estrelló contra el suelo.

Otra anciana se acercó a su ventana y miró a la que se había estrellado, pero de
This came out the year that I has taking honors biology in high school. My teacher thought it was the cutest darn thing she'd ever seen in her entire life and told all of her students that we could write a sort-of short book report on "Everybody Poops" for extra credit to make up for the less-than-stellar average the class got on the last test - strangly enough a test on the digestive tract. Anyhoo: she was right. It IS, in fact, one of the cutest darn things anyone can ever see, as well as bein ...more
Oct 22, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone who poops
The quintessential poop book.

Never before has so much truth been contained in the two-word title of a book. While many consider the sacred texts of their religions the ultimate guide to life - they clearly haven't read Everyone Poops.

Gomi's brilliant pictographic style and simple prose educate readers young and old about the realities of pooping - especially the fact that everyone does it.

This book would be a perfect follow-up to the book "Everyone Eats" or a precursor to "Everyone Dies" - oh i
Sep 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
OMG, I'm sure my Mamma read me this boo when I was potty training, but I don't remember, what I do remember is being six. or seven years old and her reading it to my little sister. I thought it was hilarious!
Philip Elliott
Dec 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
Logan got this book for Christmas from his Aunt Lacey. After reading this book, I'm pretty sure there are some people who are either in denial or they have been fibbing. Can't wait till they publish the book everyone toots.
Dec 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
A humorous and informative book for all ages! Makes a great, quick read while taking a poop, as well...
Buchrezension 1 1 Dec 10, 2017 04:39PM
  • A Seed Is Sleepy
  • The Daddy Book
  • Winter's Tale: Winter's Tale
  • I'm Gonna Like Me: Letting Off a Little Self-Esteem
Taro Gomi is a major children’s illustrator and writer. He has more than 400 book titles to his credit. His work has been widely translated into 15 other languages.

Tarō was born in Tokyo and he graduated from ID department, Kuwazawa Design Institute. His readers range from babies to adults, with an equal number of fans overseas. His work has been appreciated considerably with both domestic and int
More about Taro Gomi...

• The Art of Communicating
    $9.49 $2.99
  • American Jezebel
    $8.24 $1.99
“a one hump camel makes a one hump poop, and a two hump camel makes a two hump poop” 8 likes