Start by marking “Everyone Poops” as Want to Read:
Everyone Poops

Everyone Poops

(漢聲精選世界最佳兒童圖畫書.科學教育類 #36)

Since we all eat, we all must poop. All of us! Everyone!

This wonderful, modern-day toddler classic presents information that children both want and need in a refreshingly honest, informative, and age-appropriate way.
Paperback, First American, 27 pages
Published March 1st 1993 by Kane/Miller Book Publishers (first published February 2nd 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Everyone Poops, please sign up.
Amd Yes, it's a common book that helps kids begin to understand potty training.

Start your review of Everyone Poops
Gerritt
Jan 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Gerritt by: Jonathon Dokkstren
This book has turned my life completely around.

I used to have a very negative attitude towards those who told me that everyone poops. I was really quick to dismiss their claims that everyone poops as mystical hogwash, a sort of pseudo-scientific feel-good philosophy designed to scam the gullible out of their money. I mean, when we were kids, who didn't imagine themselves one day pooping? I know we all tried it, and imagined that we could poop, but eventually most of us grew out of this phase and
Anne
Jun 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-children
I've got a 3 year old that won't poop on the potty. Nope. She just takes a dump in her underwear. Yum. So, as semi-gross as the illustrations in this book were, it's nothing compared to the mess I have to clean out of her pants every day.

description

Basically, this is an illustrated book for children about various animals and the way they poop. Then it throws in how kids (and adults) poop on the potty, and babies poop in their diapers. Again. This is illustrated, but it's cartoonish so it's not like you're
Melki
Mar 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kidstuff, potty-time
The realization that everyone does indeed POOP, may not be so comforting after all . . .

description
Up and Out by Jeremy Kaye
Daniel
Mar 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
This Post-modern work tackles the taboo subjects of poop, and those who do the pooping. I won't spoil the ending for you but lets just say that there are enough plot twists to keep you guessing. Clearly inspired by contemporary feminist theory with a hint of neo-marxist thought
Calista
Amusing book. Part of being an animal is we all poop and this book has fun showing this part of life. My brother got this and had me read it before he had kids. That's his humor.
James
Nov 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A thriller, non-stop action, definately one of Gomi's best pieces.
Becky
Nov 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Becky by: Jackie
OK so... Everyone poops. Duh.

I'm not really so sure what the point of this book is.

If it's meant to be funny, it kinda failed, because I don't think that toddlers will appreciate "poop" as a funny word yet. You have to get to the age where poop can be embarrassing and therefore be subject to becoming a joke... Five maybe. Or ten. Or thirty-five.

If it's meant to be informative, it kinda failed there, too. It's not informative as a potty-training book because it has no information about potty-t
Beth
Nov 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kidlets
I’m torn. Either this is the most brilliant potty training book ever published. Or else it’s friggin creepy as hell. Or maybe it’s both at the same time. Take your pick.

My mother-in-law, sister-in-law and I went day after Christmas shopping today in a very small tourist town in northern Wisconsin. The selection of shops in town is primarily of the tchotchke shop variety. They each found a heavily discounted Christmas tchotchke for future years and I bought yarn. I also found a display of childr
Chanty Figs
Jul 30, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Just might be the most important book of our generation. I laughed, I cried it made me want to poo.
Suzanne
Sep 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: indy, owned, hardcover
I did not realise this book has been around for so long. Indy asked me to get it for him, they must have been reading it at pre school. I also didn't realise it's a translation.

I love how these concepts are so fascinating to children. When yep, quite simply, everyone 'poops', as Indy says!
Uday Vadula
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Finally, a book about poop thats not total shit.
Alisa
Sep 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: funny
My best friends daughter refused to go poop in the potty... she would cop-a-squat outside in the rocks..lol.. I'm not kidding...lol.. and I tried not to laugh but how can you not? I got her this book and sat her down and we read it. It showed her that all people and animals poop. She said, "But Aunt Lisa, the animals are pooping outside, why cant I?" So I told her that yes, animals poop outside, but animals also lick their butts clean instead of using toilet paper and they get worms in their bel ...more
Courtney Miller
Mar 24, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone with a sense of humor
Very cute little book ... great to give to people who have an issue pooping in public bathrooms.
Sean DeLauder
Sep 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Budding Scatologists
This book is responsible for asking the most haunting unanswered question I have ever confronted:

What does whale poop look like?
Katherine Parker
Feb 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: max-s-shelf
This book has fabulous illustrations and doesn't shy away from its subject. It asks the question, "What does whale poop look like?"

Oddly, when I searched for it by title, this is the other book that came up:
God Wants You to Be Rich: How and Why Everyone Can Enjoy Material and Spiritual Wealth in Our Abundant World, by Paul Pilzer.

Ponder the connections between these two volumes, dear reader.
Skimmskate
Aug 28, 2007 rated it it was amazing
This book taught me a LOT about life and helped me get through some difficult times.
Tandie
My kids & I read this about ten years ago. We all thought it was great fun. Our favorite line:

A one humped camel makes a one humped poop. A two humped camel makes a two humped poop!
Judy
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: k-nf-unsorted
The images aren't that great, but they get across the message without being too graphic. Here kids are introduced to some basic science ideas -- all animals need to eat, and there's a connection between eating and 'pooping.' Older kids (ages 5-8) can be encouraged to think a little beyond the obvious. E.g., What does whale poop look like? What happens to the food when it's in the body -- the waste that comes out sure doesn't look like what went in. ...

Update. I just read this book to my nephew w
Greg
Oct 22, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone who poops
The quintessential poop book.

Never before has so much truth been contained in the two-word title of a book. While many consider the sacred texts of their religions the ultimate guide to life - they clearly haven't read Everyone Poops.

Gomi's brilliant pictographic style and simple prose educate readers young and old about the realities of pooping - especially the fact that everyone does it.

This book would be a perfect follow-up to the book "Everyone Eats" or a precursor to "Everyone Dies" - oh i
Peter Lee
Dec 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Some real life lessons.
Manideep Ravi
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book offers truth and insight into the human condition not seen since Proust or Dostoyevsky. A real page turner and fixture on my bookshelf.
Philip Elliott
Dec 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
Logan got this book for Christmas from his Aunt Lacey. After reading this book, I'm pretty sure there are some people who are either in denial or they have been fibbing. Can't wait till they publish the book everyone toots.
Dec 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
A humorous and informative book for all ages! Makes a great, quick read while taking a poop, as well...
Dan
Jun 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I found this extrememly compelling. This novel had me on the edge of my seat for months on end. The ending came out of nowhere. Was this written by Stephen King?
Andrew Apffel
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
my favorite of all time book to read. it stays in my drawer next to the toilet. you never known when you'll get a brain "fart" and forget. and yes, this is the best review ever!
Samiha
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Anita
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The first book my son read himself without having memorized it first. Yay, literacy!
Morgan F.
Oct 20, 2016 rated it did not like it
I don't have much to say about it.
Elaine
May 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Interesting, but accurate, illustrations.
Adam
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens
This book... is FULL OF SHIT
Buchrezension 1 1 Dec 10, 2017 04:39PM
Moves the soul, fosters the bowels 5 52 Sep 13, 2012 08:49AM

• The Gas We Pass: The Story of Farts
  • Eat, Sleep, Poop: A Complete Common Sense Guide to Your Baby's First Year--from a Pediatrician/Dad
  • Once Upon a Potty: Boy
  • The Qwikpick Papers: Poop Fountain!
  • Thanks for Picking Up My Poop: Everyday Gratitude from Dogs
  • The Girl Who Never Made Mistakes
  • Dragon Post
  • Maddi's Fridge
  • While You Were Pooping
  • Nurture the Wow: Finding Spirituality in the Frustration, Boredom, Tears, Poop, Desperation, Wonder, and Radical Amazement of Parenting
Taro Gomi (五味太郎) is a major children’s illustrator and writer. He has more than 400 book titles to his credit. His work has been widely translated into 15 other languages.

Tarō was born in Tokyo and he graduated from ID department, Kuwazawa Design Institute. His readers range from babies to adults, with an equal number of fans overseas. His work has been appreciated considerably with both domestic

漢聲精選世界最佳兒童圖畫書.科學教育類 (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • ちのはなし
  • 豆子
  • ほね (かがくのとも絵本)
  • 紙飛機
  • たんぽぽ
  • 游泳
  • おなら
  • 螞蟻 (漢聲精選世界最佳兒童圖畫書.科學教育類, #8)
  • 眼睛的故事 (漢聲精選世界最佳兒童圖畫書.科學教育類, #9)
  • 著涼