Start by marking “Untouched (Denazen, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Untouched (Denazen, #1.5)

Untouched (Denazen #1.5)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  1,965 Ratings  ·  154 Reviews
Until he met Dez, Kale’s days were filled with violence and death. He was used as a weapon of destruction by the power hungry men of Denazen. He’s a Six. A person with an abnormal ability. Some people call them gifts, but not Kale. Kale’s touch means instant death.

But now there’s Dez, the girl he can touch, and they’re hunting down Sixes and warning them about Denazen. Kal
Nook, 82 pages
Published March 27th 2012 by Entangled Teen

Giselle
Shelves: ebook, arc
Kale is a character like no other. Being imprisoned by Denazen his whole life, he never got to learn social behavior. Social skills and etiquette are completely lost on him. He doesn't understand slang or why people lie. He gets bewildered by elementary things. It's sad in a way because of what he went through, but it's strangely fascinating to see how human behavior is perceived to such alien eyes - and not to mention terribly amusing. You gotta admit, a lot of the things we say and do ARE biza ...more
Stacia (the 2010 club)
40-ish page short which takes place in between books 1 and 2. This chapter is in Kale's PoV. Normally, I like when we get to see a glimpse of the male PoV, but being inside of Kale's head doesn't do it for me. However, I am glad that I opted to read this story because it introduces a new character and places our sixes in a tricky situation by the end, which is where I'm assuming book 2 will pick up at.

Could you skip this one? I'm guessing you could, since most side stories are usually bonus PoV'
Tana
Apr 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Untouched (Denazen # 1.5) by Jus Accardo

Untouched is a short novella, all told from Kale’s point of view, the interesting thing about the story being told by Kale is that he sees things very different from everyone else due to he was locked up and isolated for a very long time. Since he has never experiences everyday things we get to see firsthand his confusion and lack of humor. I have to say it was great reading this story from Kale’s point of view.

Kale and Dez have set out to track down other
Amber
Shelves: arc, 2012, for-review, ep
Wow, He sure is PUUURRRDDYY! Review to come...
Jacinda
Jan 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2012
It's not long enough! Haha
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Shelves: entangled-teen
Untouched Review on K-Books

Wow, what a novella. I was completely and utterly sucked back into this incredible world that Jus Accardo has built. Usually novellas are not my favourite books and most don't get over a 3 star rating. I just usually feel like it's so short you can't really enjoy it as much as by the time you get into the book it's over. This is one of the exceptions. I absolutely loved Untouched and it has made me very excited for the upcoming second Denazen novel.

Dez and Kale are on
Ana
Jul 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
This review was done in conjunction with the review for Touch at thebookhookup.com
Ana & Celeste reviewed these books together.

♥ Initial thought after finishing:
Ana: Really enjoying this series! So many twists and turns…such evil bad people…and a great romance!

Celeste: Loved! Holy double crossing!! Fast paced with a great romance full of sparks (lol).

♥ The story:
Ana: I liked the adventure of these stories. There was lots of action and unexpected twists that kept the stories moving along quick
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
I absolutely adored Jus Accardo’s debut novel Touch, so when I was offered the chance to review her new novella Untouched, of course I jumped at the chance and honestly – I’m so glad I did because it doesn’t disappoint!

Untouched is a short story told from Kale’s point of view. Yes, you heard that right! It’s all about Kale. Anyway, in Touch we saw Kale escaping Denazen, meeting Dez and teaming up with other Sixes to try and take down Denazen. Now in Untouched he and Dez are trying to recruit a
Jenny  (hades2) (Chocolate Chunky Munkie)
You can see the full review at Chocolate Chunky Munkie

I have to say when this novella was released I jumped for joy. I was really pining for the next book in the series and it’s not released for a couple of months. So when I saw Untouched I did a little dance on the spot. I absolutely loved Touch! Understatement really, let me say this again I LOVED Touch. So when I found out that Untouched was being told from Kale’s POV, I was really excited. Kale has to be one of my favourite boy characters o
Suzanne
Mar 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Kale and Dez are travelling around the country, trying to contact other sixes and take them back to safety. After they visit the next six, they are heading to an amusement park so that Dez can get some "Kale time" as she calls it. She doesn't really trust them and tags along to the amusement park. Where they are attacked by one of Denazen's best, Samsen. A nightmare from Kale's past. He can control Kale just by using his voice.

This short story is told from Kale's POV. It is quite amusing being
Annie Brewer
Kale. Kale. Kale. Omg how I love thee!!!! This was an amazing Novella told from our beloved Kale's POV!!! I truly saw him better in this and understood who he was. Ahh I love him so much. I love Dez too!! She is a kick ass heroine with a strong and noble persona!!! They are truly the perfect pair together!

We get to meet Kiernan, a Six who Dez and Kale meet to take her away from danger from the Denazen agents. At first I wasn't so sure about her. But quickly warmed up to her when she realized tha
Marie
Feb 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Oooooh I love Kale!!

This little novella was so good and really gave you an insight into how Kale thinks. It gave us readers a chance to get to know him better and understand him aswell as to realise the full extent of how his past has affected him now.
His love and need for Dez is so goddamn cute! He relies on her for his restraint and his normalcy. Without her he thinks he is a monster *poor Kale*

I wasn't a good person. Today I'd proven that, if not to her then to myself. But arguing woul
Ferdy
Apr 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
A novella from Kale's perspective. Kale and Dez track down a Six to invite her to join them and to warn her about the evil corporation - Denazen. Kale, Dez and the Six decide to go to the local theme park to get to know each other better but it's not long before the Denazen agents turn up to cause havoc and ruin Kale's fun.
I loved reading from Kale's perspective and getting a glimpse of him adjusting to his freedom, finding out what he feels for Dez and how he's trying to fit in with those arou
Rebecca ♥ Ash, Kishan, Warner ♥
OMG, why havent I been able to find more romances like this? It has been a long time since I read a really great YA romance, and I didnt even realize it till I read this and remembered how much better Touch is compared to anything I have read in a long time. I cannot wait for Toxic!

The ending was really heartbreaking, how Kale feels really guilty about what he did and doesnt believe that he is a good person, even though Dez tells him she think he is, and that he shouldnt feel guilty. But he is g
Rosa
Jan 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! It was really short and that makes me have a sad face! I love Kale to no end and reading from his POV was just as funny! He still takes everything literally which just makes everything ho-larious! I sort of missed Dez's mouth cuz she really didn't talk. The little novella takes place in one day and then bam it's over! This is why I have the sad face :( Can not wait for Toxic!
Cindi
Mar 29, 2012 added it
Super fast fun read. Interesting & cool to see things from Kale's POV. I laughed at the things he struggles to understand. The only problem, really, was that it was over so fast & Toxic isn't out already.
Shannon
Aug 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
I am so in love with Kale..
Sara
May 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love Kale and Dez! This is a short book but worth the read.
Nate
Aug 23, 2012 rated it liked it
I realize this was a 1.5 release, but I still thought it was too short.
Melissa
Feb 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012-reads
I found the first book in the Denazen series, Touch, to be an okay book. My main concern with that book was that I had a hard time wrapping my head around Kale as a romantic lead for this story. He was a wonderful character with an interesting history, and I did want to explore more of the difficulties he faced as a result of being locked away in a Denazen facility for almost his entire life. He entered our society without any understanding of the subtleties of language or the conveniences of mo ...more
Kelly Hart
Feb 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Untouched is a novella in Jus Accardo’s Denazen series.

The story follows Dez and Kale as they recruit Sixes, not only warn them and protect them, but also to gain their help in the fight against Denazen.

On their way to an amusement park for a day of fun (and firsts for Kale), Dez and Kale have one stop to make. They must warn Kiernan McGuire – a Six who can blend into her surroundings like a chameleon -- of the Denazen threat.

Upon meeting them, Kiernan’s very reluctant to trust them, even tho
Nikki
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 swoon worthy stars for this short little read, "Untouched"!!

“You promised me my first coaster ride,” I said, leaning in to brush a quick kiss across her nose. She rose onto her toes and rubbed her nose against mine. There was a name for it—Dez had told me a few nights ago. Something about Eskimos, but I couldn’t remember, and it didn’t matter. Nothing mattered when I was with Dez.”
^^^^^ I mean, swoooooooonnn. Come on.

It was nice to get inside Kale's head and hear (well, technically read) his
agi452
Sep 25, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5*
Tabitha (Bows & Bullets Reviews)
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This review is also available on my blog, Bows & Bullets Reviews

Kale is going cross country with Dez to find and warn other Sixes about Denazen. He's learning a lot about the outside world on this trip and he gets to spend more time with Dez, which is always a plus. But when contacting the last Six Kale is sure they are being watched and when Samsen shows up and Dez sacrifices herself to save Kale, he knows he must find away to get her back. The problem? Samsen is the most powerful Six he ha
Dani (Pen to Paper)
Jan 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, review-books
Reviewed for the author on Pen to Paper.

I have been so excited to read more from this series for so long now - I LOVED Touch - and although this is a short read, it's definitely keeping me going for now... until I can get my hands on Toxic, anyway!

Kale is one of my absolute favourite YA heroes at the moment - he's tough, protective and loyal, but oh so naive, which makes him both cute and hilarious, all in one go! It's an interesting mixture, and it really does work with his character. He also c
Valerie
Shelves: 2012-reads
Spoilers if you haven't read Touch

My Summary:

Kale has escaped Denazen for now but he can't escape what he is, a six - someone with abnormal abilities - and his is one of the most abnormal abilities. His touch kills, well, except for Dez. She's the only one he can touch safely and he lives for those touches. Together, they are looking for other sixes to warn about Denazen. But when an fun trip to the amusement park ends in a battle with a nightmare from Kale's past, he fears he may have lost Dez
Jessica (Step Into Fiction)
Apr 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novellas, 5-stars
I fell in love with Kale in TOUCH but reading a book from his point of view? Yeah, I fell harder. He’s so innocent it’s adorable but it turns out, he’s not as innocent as you think. He’s just not used to the outside world. He can’t see the things we see because his entire existence was basically locked away from the world. He doesn’t see what is fun about a Ferris Wheel. He doesn’t see what’s appealing about an amusement park especially a clown. He has a dark side and we see it. His guilt seems ...more
Loretta
Jan 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Touched was an amazing book. Jus Accardo really wrote such an amazing book that was action packed and full of just the right amount of everything. So I was very excited to see that there was going to be a Novella between books 1 & 2.
This was a great addition to the Denazen series. Kale is such a great character and I loved getting a peak into his mind. As Untouched is told from Kale's POV.
Kale and Dez are on the hunt to find Sixes to join them at taking down Denazen.
After meeting up with
Erin
Jan 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Okay, so I started reading Toxic and decided I probably should have read this first, so I backtracked. This was a really quick read and I was so happy to see a little more Dez and Kale!! Getting Kale's POV was great, because I just love his innocent naivete when it comes to the ways of the world. He's once again adorable when it comes to his unquestioning love of Dez, and it just made me melt all over again for him!!! It's also making me really nervous about reading Toxic, because I know what th ...more
BookHookup
Aug 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
**This was received from the publisher but that did not influence the review**

Ana and Celeste reviewed this on The Book Hookup

Ana: In Untouched, the adventure continues as the characters continue to try to escape the corporation’s evil and save other “Sixes” – people with special powers. Touch captured me right from the very beginning and ensured that I fell in love with these characters!

Celeste: This was from Kale’s point of view and while I loved the first book, this was more like a filler sc
  • Fearless (Elemental, #1.5)
  • Catching Suki (Lila, #0.5)
  • Legacy (Tri-Realms Saga, #3)
  • Undone (Unraveling, #1.5)
  • Eden-East (Eden, #4)
  • Lucid (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #2)
  • Revolution (Collide, #4)
  • A Dance with Darkness (Angelfire, #0.5)
  • Shift (Firstborn Trilogy, #2)
  • Waiting for Mercy (Cambion, #2)
  • Inbetween (Kissed by Death, #1)
  • Shadows (Lux, #0.5)
  • Sweet Blood of Mine (Overworld Chronicles, #1)
  • Hotblood (House of Slide, #1)
  • Before (Heven and Hell, #0.5)
  • Impulse Control (Talent Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Regret (Possession, #1.5)
  • Redemption (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #4)
JUS ACCARDO spent her childhood reading and learning to cook. Determined to follow in her grandfather’s footsteps as a chef, she applied and was accepted to the Culinary Institute of America. But at the last minute, she realized her true path lay with fiction, not food.

Jus is the bestselling author of the popular Denazen series from Entangled publishing, as well as the Darker Agency series, and th
More about Jus Accardo...

Denazen (5 books)
  • Touch (Denazen, #1)
  • Toxic (Denazen, #2)
  • Tremble (Denazen, #3)
  • Truth (Denazen, #4)
  • Untitled (Denazen, #5)

“What do we have here? Is my super-hot assassin boyfriend freaked out by clowns?” 27 likes
“What kind of guy was I? My idea of fun was Dez. My eyes found hers. Spending time with her, holding her…. kissing her. Just being close to her. These were the things I enjoyed. The things that made me feel most alive. I believed without a doubt that my heart began to truly beat the day I met her.
She cleared her throat and looked away, blushing. It took a moment for me to realize why. She'd been thinking of kissing. I 'd told her just last week kissing her was my second favourite thing to do. The first – well, she told me that was something we should keep between us. I didn't understand why exactly. Everyone should know about something so amazing, but I took her word on it.”
23 likes