Start by marking “Wet & Wild (Viking II, #4)” as Want to Read:
Wet & Wild (Viking II, #4)

Wet & Wild (Viking II #4)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  1,116 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
A very confused Viking finds himself hurtled through time to face the rigorous ordeals of the Navy SEALs. Yet while his brawn allows him to easily adapt to the military, he's no match for one of the most difficult challenges of all-the modern-day woman.

What do you get when you cross a Viking with a Navy SEAL? A warrior with the fierce instincts of the past and the rigorous
Mass Market Paperback, 374 pages
Published November 2004 by Leisure Books

Julianna
Jul 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Time-Travel Romance; Romantic Comedy
Reviewed for THC Reviews
It's been so long since I've read a Sandra Hill book, I'd almost forgotten just how much fun they can be. Wet & Wild was certainly no exception. In fact, it is now my favorite book in the Viking II series. While I consider myself to have a pretty good sense of humor, I often don't care for romantic comedies, because most of the ones I've read felt like the author was trying too hard to be funny. Much like Kerrelyn Sparks, Sandra Hill's style never fails to tickle my f
Eva
Aug 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
I keep reading these Viking romances ... & Sandra Hill's style is by far my favorite. Humorous & sexy!
Katie
Dec 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
read staright through in one day
Srisurang
Oct 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: time-travel
Very funny. LOL so many times reading this book.
Pam
Jun 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is a Navy Seal/viking book. I loved it sooooo fun. These guys are HUNKY.
Lizzy
Sometimes, after reading a tragedy or when I am feeling a little blue, I try to read something solely entertaining. Maybe a comedy or some alien kidnapping story and always a romance, but certainly a book not demanding much attention and that may lighten my spirit and distract me for a few hours. This was the case with Sandra Hill’s Viking II series, and Wet & Wild in specific. It was fun to go through the story of a true Viking who is thrown into the future and suddenly is training among ...more
Zaanodes
Sep 21, 2010 rated it it was ok
Darcy
May 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010, romance, time-travel
I keep reading this series expecting them to be bad, but with each new one I find myself liking them more and more. I think it is a large part due to the outrageousness of them. I find myself laughing while I read them. Ragnor and Allison are no different but do bring the uptight Navy SEAL to the mix which contrasts nicely with the Viking time travel I don't get what you are telling me stuff that is the corner stone of these books. I loved to that we were able to travel to The Blue Dragon to cat ...more
Sasha
Normally, I put quite a bit of effort into reviewing as of late but this book doesn't seem to deserve a good review.

First of all, what the hell did I just read almost read.

Okay, so there was a Viking and then the next minute there's a navy SEAL.. I get that it's a series and I started in the middle but my knowledge is that they are not continued, only connected.

The whole time, I just continued to wonder if it was a joke. Like serious, crack-fanfiction where'd you come from?

The only reason I rea
Ren
Re-read Jan, 6th 2013

The first book I manage to read (and finish) at 2013! :D
Actually I had read this in 2010 and buy the secondhand edition two days ago. Its still good and make me laugh even not rolling on the floor now... :P
Sandra Hill is my guilty pleasure when it comes to time travel genre, light novel and full of humors. My advice is don't think to much when read this. Just enjoy it. Some part will make you shake your hear with its weirdness, but I do not complained.

Beside, love me some Vi
Sam
Mar 05, 2009 rated it it was ok
This was the first of Hill's Viking series that I have read.

She can write a smoking hot love scene. But the rest of the book fell flat for me, I kept waiting for the big explanation of why this family time travels and all you get is "it must be the gods. . .". I pretty much sped read through most of this book. When Ragnor's family comes in and he is interacting with them, this book became good enough to slow down. Overall I'd probably give this about 2.5 stars.
Jaimey
Nov 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
Hilarious! Sandra Hill definitely has a way with "stupid" humor & silly antics. It's rare that the opening line of a novel makes me laugh so hard I cry...then laugh hysterically throughout the first two pages. I enjoyed myself immensely.
Kelli
Jun 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The concept of time travel in this book is a little far-fetched and ridiculous, but it's a fiction so I am not too hung up on that. Other than the time travel thing, this was an enjoyable book. I would love it if a Viking was dropped into my life!
Dawn ♥ romance
Aug 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor, time-travel
This humorous steamy time travel romance is still an enjoyable story after re-reading five years later. I liked banter between hero and heroine both alpha's and his word play was so funny. Viking Ragnor travels forward in time and is instantly attracted to military doctor Allison.
Shirl
Aug 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Viking/Navy SEALS Time Travel(bk1) Good reading. Hot love scenes. Good story.
Mei
Jun 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Hoo-yah! I am totally in love with Ragnor! He's just too much! Talk about all the qualities! He's loving, caring, funny as hell and handsome! I must needs read more about these "Viking SEALs"!
Sheri Fredricks
Apr 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It's true, I gave her 5 stars. I laughed in parts, and cried in others. Great read.
Deidre
Jun 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
Highly Amusing!
Judi
Feb 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I can't get enough of these Vikings! Sandra Hill has an amazing sense of humor and just flat out writes great stories.
Ann Boots
Mar 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Hot! Lots of fun.
Shagufta
Jan 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Not terrible for a time travel book. However, the series does a good job describing each character's personality.
Susan Laine
Aug 14, 2009 marked it as to-read
Shelves: lib, romance, time-travel
lib
Dawn
Jan 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very cute, has it's funny moments.
Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~
Feb 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
Vikings, SEALS, and Laughter! I enjoyed this book, it's my second go around with Sandra and I was not disappointed. I'll be catching -up with this series as soon as I get my hands on the other books
Indah Threez Lestari
Nov 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Amyiw
Jun 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: x-2011, contemporary
Stupid, silly, sexy, funny.
All romance requires a suspension of disbelief. This one requires more than most and I just can't do it. I never made it past the silliness to enjoy the novel.
Galina Sulaiman
Jan 23, 2014
  • Ladies Prefer Rogues
  • The Very Thought of You (MacLeod, #2; de Piaget/MacLeod, #4)
  • Highland Fling (Highland Dream, #2)
  • Sword of the Highlands (Highlands, #2)
  • Highlander's Curse (Daughters of the Glen, #8)
  • The Covert Wolf (Phoenix Force, #1)
  • Lovescape
  • An Original Sin

Sandra Hill is a graduate of Penn State and worked for more than 10 years as a features writer and education editor for publications in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Writing about serious issues taught her the merits of seeking the lighter side of even the darkest stories. Sh
More about Sandra Hill...

Viking II (10 books)
  • The Last Viking (Viking II, #1)
  • Truly, Madly Viking (Viking II, #2)
  • The Very Virile Viking (Viking II, #3)
  • Hot & Heavy (Viking II, #5)
  • Rough and Ready (Viking II, #6)
  • Down and Dirty (Viking II, #7)
  • Viking Unchained (Viking II, #8)
  • Viking Heat (Viking II, #9)
  • Dark Viking (Viking II, #10)