Start by marking “Ring – vòng tròn ác nghiệt” as Want to Read:
Ring – vòng tròn ác nghiệt

Ring – vòng tròn ác nghiệt (Ring #1)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  11,841 Ratings  ·  851 Reviews
Cái chết đến từ một cuộn băng. Hai đôi nam nữ vị thành niên lần lượt chết bởi cơn đau bóp nghẹt trái tim một tuần sau khi xem phải cuộn băng lạ trong một nhà nghỉ ngoại ô Tokyo, bên trên một cái giếng cũ...

Mê mẩn khám phá ra bí ẩn đằng sau những cái chết kinh hoàng đó, Asakawa, một phóng viên đang háo hức vì danh vọng lao vào cuộc truy tìm dấu vết. Đến mức gã tự mình xem p
Published 2007 by Nhã Nam & NXB Văn Học (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Ring – vòng tròn ác nghiệt, please sign up.
Umii The book is deeper and creepier, you will find yourself swallowing it from the begining till the end, also, Sadako was way more twisted and…moreThe book is deeper and creepier, you will find yourself swallowing it from the begining till the end, also, Sadako was way more twisted and well-described there.
So, totally the book.(less)

Francesca
I'll start with the things I liked about this book.
1. The story was very interesting and I found Sadako and her family very fascinating and I enjoyed learning about them along with the protagonists.
2. I found it very refreshing and surprising that the main protagonist was a man, women/teenage girls are generally the most common and most popular for horror and both the movies featured a woman so I didn't expect it to be a man in the book.
3. I enjoyed reading about how the protagonists figured
Shovelmonkey1
Feb 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who have wishing wells in their gardens
Recommended to Shovelmonkey1 by: cult film status
I found this book in a lonely mountainside cabin... nah, only kidding. It was £1 in a bargain basement book sale, so who could say no to that? It went onto the frankly vertiginous and ridiculous pile of books behind the sofa and was forgotten about for sometime. Then, a few days ago I was working on a site in the former medieval area of Liverpool.

Everybody was busily engaged in day to day construction/demolition mayhem; I was watching a twenty ton digger, a crane was rolling across site moving s
Trudi

During a solo work/study trip to Ireland in fall of 2000 I was out one dusky evening exploring the cobble-stoned lanes of Dublin's City Centre when I stumbled upon the entrance to the Irish Film Institute movie house. Excited, I shyly stuck my head inside the front door. I felt a little bit like Alice discovering the rabbit hole. Hanging on the wall to my left as I walked inside was this movie poster:

Remember, this would have been before the deluge of Asian horror (and the numerous American re-m
Edward Lorn
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paperbacks
One of the few times in my life I can legitimately say that the movie was better than the book. Oh, and in case you're wondering, I like the American and Japanese versions equally. I do, however, like the Japanese sequel more than the American sequel.

Where did this go wrong? Well, I was enjoying this one until the introduction of the best friend, Ryuji the Rapist. I don't think it matters that Ryuji the Rapist might have been lying about his past. Just having him in the book and believing for th
Jim Fonseca
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: japanese-authors
The blurbs tell us the author has been called the Stephen King of Japan, where he is famous. Many of his books, including this one, have been turned into movies and even video games. He is a bit like Stephen King in his blend of fantasy, horror and mystery.
The basic story is that a journalist discovers that four young people -- two girls, two boys -- died separately and suddenly within a day for no good reason. They were of college age and all perfectly healthy. He becomes a detective, tracing
Karl
Mar 29, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
This review is for the hardcover edition. The books' dust wrapper is this plastic/acetate cover and the end flaps are impossible to read when removed from the book.
juan carlos
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
UN FINAL QUE TE ESTREMECE SIN DARTE HORROR, LA NATURALEZA DEL MIEDO Y DE SADAKO, TE DEJARÁN PENSANDO DURANTE MUCHOS DÍAS.

RECOMEDNACIONES, PARA LEER EL ARO

1. DEBO DECIR DE ANTEMANO QUE PARA DISFRUTAR ESTE LIBRO, DEBEN QUITARSE TODO LO QUE CONOCEN DE LA PELÍCULA, YA QUE NO, PERO NO, NO, NO, NO. NO. TIENE NADA DE PARECIDO CON LA VERSIÓN CINEMATOGRÁFICA.

2. TEN PACIENCIA Y MUCHA, YA QUE AL LEER ESTAS PAGINAS, VERÁS QUE NO TIENEN NI PIES NI CABEZA LA TRAMA HASTA LA PAGINA 163, YA DESPUÉS ENTIENDES TO
Horace Derwent
the newest chinese interpretation of the title is 環界, void of circle, not "ring" or "bell" or whatever

said it's the 3rd chapter of the series, but no, just another remake

the film is not bad, the book is everlastingly outstanding
Gretel
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
First off, I want to say that English is not my mother-tongue. I try my best to avoid mistakes, but I’m sure that here and there I will make some smaller or bigger errors.

Trigger warning: Rape.

REVIEW CONTINUES IN COMMENT SECTION

Now to the review.
I’ve read The Ring for a Seminar on Japanese contemporary literature and literary discourse. I read parts of the original Japanese novel and the German translation, which is a translation from the English translation… Yes, this happens more often than we
Vicky Ziliaskopoulou
Είναι το βιβλίο πάνω στο οποίο βασίστηκε η γιαπωνέζικη ταινία "Ring" που μετά γυρίστηκε και στην Αμερικάνικη εκδοχή της με τον τίτλο ""Σήμα κινδύνου ".
Είναι μια από τις ελάχιστες περιπτώσεις που πρώτα είδα την ταινία και μετά διάβασα το βιβλίο. Βέβαια η ταινία "ring", ειδικά η γιαπωνέζικη εκδοχή, έχει μια σκηνή που πιστεύω ακράδαντα ότι δεν υπάρχει άνθρωπος που να την είδε και κατάφερε να την ξεχάσει. Αν και το μεγαλύτερο τμήμα της ταινίας δεν το θυμάμαι, η σκηνή που βγαίνει το κορίτσι από την
Rebecca McNutt
Well-written, eerie and disturbing, this mysterious book that inspired the 2002 film The Ring and the 2012 film Sinister was creative and original with hauntingly-vibrant imagery and memorable characters.
Asghar Abbas

OK this one, alright. Something got lost in the translation, huh ? Like many I spiraled into this because of the movies, that since have become part of our pop culture, nonetheless I became engrossed in its mythopoeia anyways. It's an iconic setting after all.

It was a frightening book to begin with, at times I couldn't read it during the night and even had to stop altogether in order to read something else. So as not to feel uneasy anymore, which the book made me aplenty, something I hope it was
Claudia
Mar 04, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
????????????????

Zur Geschichte:
4 Jugendliche sterben alle an einer unnatürlichen Todesursache, nachdem sie zusammen ein mysteriöses Video angesehen haben. Am Ende des Videos erscheint die Botschaft: "Wer diese Bilder sieht, ist dazu verdammt, exakt eine Woche nach diesem Augenblick zu sterben."
Es wird zwar noch ein Gegenmittel erwähnt, doch hier wurde das Band offensichtlich überspielt, die rettende Information fehlt.

Auch die junge Satoko, 17 ist unter den Opfern. Ihr Onkel Asakawa findet heraus
Bill Khaemba
Actual Rating 3.5 ★★★✰✰

Image result for the ring gif

This one was one thrilling book with supernatural elements and it was also one of the fastest books I have ever read I flew through this in two sittings and I enjoyed it.

It's the story of a journalist who tries to investigate the sudden
Olga Kowalska (WielkiBuk)
It is a truth universally acknowledged that there is no scarier horror book or movie than a book or a movie that comes from Japan. It chills one to the bones, makes you want to cry and curl under blankets, trembling in fear. Every single thing in this story is unsettling or creepy, even a little girl sleeping peacefully. Even someone's smile. Or a simple writing. Koji Suzuki infected me with terror.
Rachel (TheShadesofOrange)
3.5 Stars
I loved the premise, but I found myself comparing the book to the movie. As a horror story about a VHS tape, I just felt liked the story worked so much better on the screen. The author created a good sense of dread, yet I just never completely felt engaged in the narrative.
Bettie☯

Description: British journalist Mitchell Hooper lives in Tokyo with his wife Toni. When he begins investigating the mysterious deaths of four teenagers, he discovers a nightmarish secret. They all died after watching the same video tape.

When Mitchell watches the tape himself, he is cursed to die in seven days. And so as the countdown to death begins, he must solve the riddle of the curse.

Ring is Japanese horror at its best - a radio adaptation of the class
Tina Rae
Dec 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: mystery fans
Recommended to Tina Rae by: book club
Shelves: book-club, favorites
OH. MY. GOODNESS. THIS BOOK IS AMAZING!!!! I don't even know where to begin. So, I've seen all of the film versions and, honestly, I wasn't too terribly fond of any of them (except the second American film but that's a different story) so going into this book I wasn't sure it would be all that great. Well, as they say, don't judge a book by its movie.

This book literally exceeded all my expectations. I can't even begin to discuss just how amazing it is. Where the films strove to be horror films,
Sara Williams
I remember being younger and hearing about Samara and how there's this 'totally life changing horror film absolutely everyone must watch' and being the little frightned girl I was, I put it off for a long time but I did watch it sometime last year, I believe. It was nice. Not much else to say to it.
While browsing through a list of Books by Japanese Authors, and passed the usual Murakami overload, I came across Ring and was pleased to find it was the actual source material for the film. Also, the
Mohikanos
Oct 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Το Ring είναι ένα εξαιρετικό ψυχολογικό θρίλερ, το οποίο ουδεμία σχέση έχει με τις αντίστοιχες ταινίες, παρά μόνο ότι λειτουργεί σαν κεντρική ιδέα για να χτιστεί μια ταινία τρόμου πάνω της. Ωστόσο το ίδιο το βιβλίο δεν εμπεριέχει τρομακτικές σκηνές, αλλά φόβο και αγωνία που εντείνονται μετά από κάθε σελίδα που γυρνάς, μέχρι το τέλος, το οποίο όμως δεν είναι καθόλου λυτρωτικό. Ο συγγραφέας παρουσιάζει τη ζωή στην απρόσωπη πόλη και εμπλέκει και το άγνωστο της ιαπωνικής επαρχίας, στην οποία εξακολο ...more
Phakin
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
โอโห โคตรสนุกเลย ไมไดอานนิยายทีอยากอานใหจบรวดเดียวมานานมากแลว เราเคยดูหนังเดอะ ริง มากอน แตจำพลอตไดคราวๆ พออานนิยายจริงๆ ถึงรูวาประเดนมันซับซอนมากกวาแคผีสางและความอาฆาตแคนเทานัน อีกอยาง ไมรูเรียกวาแปลดีไหมเพราะกไมไดเทียบกับตนฉบับ แตสำนวนแปลเปนสวนสำคัญทีชวยใหอานสนุกมากๆ เลย ดีงามๆ ...more
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am waffling with the whole star thing for this book. I shall make my decision when I am done with my thoughts. First let me say the first chapter is one of the most terrifying things I have ever read. It leaves you with this sense of dread and foreboding for the rest of the book.Frankly I did not sleep well.I enjoyed the story, the searching for a solution and all that we discover. It is all really good. I thought about Joesph Campbell and his series with Bill Moyers "The Power of Myth".(I hav ...more
Ana
From time to time, you do get your hands on a horror that is not quite a horror, but more like a thriller. Fammiliar, "Ring"?

I'm sure many of us have seen the movies for this book. I've seen them. I was twelve. I haven't got over it. It basically changed my imagery on monsters. Before the movie, I though monsters may have been blue, or black, or dwarfy, maybe some of them really tall, some with horns or wings of big big teeth.. Yeah. After the movie, all monsters seemed to resemble that ... thi
Pam
Nov 14, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well, that was disappointing.
Predictable, not especially well written (but that might be the translator's fault) and just not scary at all.
And apparently being a rapist is just being "eccentric".
Ok then.
Feb 26, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2006
I didn't find this book to be scary either as I am very rarely frightened by books. I did have high hopes for it, as the American film version is one of the few movies that really creeped me out. (I'm a big horror film fan but none have stayed with me as long as The Ring. I can freak myself out just thinking about it.) I found the book interesting, but not scary. As mentioned by others, it is sufficiently different enough from the films to be engaging and I liked the differences very much. I'm c ...more
F.R.
Jul 11, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an effective and intelligent chiller which builds up to an interesting moral question, but it’s not a book I particularly warmed to.

A great deal of that is to do with the central character: a self-centred and unapproachable journalist. There’s an incredible moral ambivalence about him, best illustrated by one of his friends confessing to raping a college student and the journalist having no problem with that information and seeing no need to go to the police. Indeed this story only gets
 (shan) Littlebookcove
...Truly Creepy...

[spoiler]A mysterious videotape warns that the viewer will die in one week unless a certain, unspecified act is performed. Exactly one week after watching the tape, four teenagers die one after another of heart failure. Asakawa, a hardworking journalist, is intrigued by his niece's inexplicable death. His investigation leads him from a metropolitan tokyo teeming with modern society's fears to a rural Japan--a mountain resort, a volcanic island, and a countryside clinic--hau
Nov 28, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Laura by: Bettie
From BBC Radio 4 - Drama:
Listen. Watch. Until the end. You will be consumed by the lost.'

Ring is Japanese horror at its be
Alex
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: japan, horror
This story mixes the ancient with the modern. It excels in its tight plot; furthermore, the dialogue and characterizations are sharp. The main character as an imperfect salaryman works well as a horror genre archetype; however, the questioning of the sidekick's self-confessed immorality elicits only ambiguity rather than sympathy. Even its apparently pseudo-scientific ramblings make their mark in the finale, which, by the way, is one of the most inventive ways of torturing people.

Although it has
Ngọc
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
3,75 sao.
Mình nhớ là lần trước mình đọc cuốn này được khoảng 4 trang gì đấy thì bỏ.Cũng không nhớ lý do là gì, chắc một phần cũng vì hồi đấy còn bé xíu, sức chịu đựng ma mảnh không tốt lắm.Tiềm thức của mình gào thét khi mình cầm cuốn này lên rằng bỏ xuống đi, dở thấy mồ=))Nhưng lý trí mình vẫn chiến thắng được tình cảm.Và mình phải cảm ơn lý trí của mình nhiều lần lắm luôn vì mình suýt nữa đã bỏ lỡ một cuốn sách hay.
Hồi còn nhỏ, sợ ma lắm, bố mẹ toàn phải dắt đi vệ sinh=))Nhưng bây giờ không hi
Anyone read books in more than one languages? 2 6 May 10, 2017 02:10PM
  • Audition
  • Parasite Eve
  • The Crimson Labyrinth
  • ZOO
  • Ju-on Volume 1 (呪怨, #1)
  • Japanese Tales of Mystery & Imagination
  • Crossfire
  • Masks
  • Slights
  • Now You're One of Us
Suzuki Kōji (鈴木光司) is a Japanese writer, who was born in Hamamatsu and currently lives in Tokyo. Suzuki is the author of the Ring novels, which has been adapted into a manga series. He has written several books on the subject of fatherhood. He is currently on the selection committee for the Japan Fantasy Novel Award.

His recent novel Edge puts the main theme on Feynman point.
More about Kōji Suzuki

$7.49 $1.99
  • The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success
  • The Little Giant of Aberdeen County
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Her Sister's Shoes (Sweeney Sisters #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • A Thousand Tomorrows (Cody Gunner, #1)
  • Shoeless Joe
  • Death in Venice
  • Blonde
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Ever After (Lost Love, #2)
  • Rescue
  • The Lords of Discipline
    $17.99 $1.99
  • The Sheltering Sky
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
    $14.99 $3.99
  • Remember Tuesday Morning (9/11, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Scavenger's Daughters (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters #1)
  • Under the Udala Trees
  • The Streets Have No King
  • The Passion
    $11.00 $1.99
  • The Language of Hoofbeats
  • Not Perfect: A Novel
  • The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Seekers (Kent Family Chronicles, #3)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Half a Heart
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Keeper of Secrets: A Novel
    $9.24 $1.99
  • A Garden of Earthly Delights (Wonderland Quartet, #1)
  • The Golden Notebook
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Life of Christ
  • The Good Mother
    $5.74 $1.99
  • The Palest Ink (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters Prequel)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
  • As Close to Us as Breathing: A Novel
  • The Child in Time
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Lowcountry Stranger (Sweeney Sisters Series Book 2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Man in 3B
  • Save Me
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
  • Time Bomb
  • Heat and Light: A Novel
  • Reunion
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer of Jordi Perez (And the Best Burger in Los Angeles)
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Stay Up With Me
  • The Loser
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P.
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Map and the Territory
    $8.99 $2.99
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Father's Day
  • Skeletons at the Feast
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Even Now (Lost Love, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sackett's Land: The Sacketts (Sacketts, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Bright Beauty
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Intervention (An Intervention Novel)
  • Star Sand
    $14.99 $2.99
  • Bachelor Girl
  • The Wednesday Sisters
    $11.99 $1.99
“Think! There's nothing certain in our future! All we can hope for is a vague continuation. But in spite of that, you're going to keep on living. You can't give up on life just because it's vague. It's a question of possibilities...” 22 likes
“Asakawa himself didn't much care if the company made money or lost it. All that mattered to him was whether or not the work was engaging. No matter how easy a job was physically, if it didn't involve imagination, it usually ended up exhausting you.” 4 likes