Start by marking “Annabel Horton: Lost Witch of Salem” as Want to Read:
Annabel Horton: Lost Witch of Salem

Annabel Horton: Lost Witch of Salem

From the Salem Witch trials through the Nineteenth Century and beyond, Annabel Horton is pursued by the devil’s disciple, Urban Grandier, the demonic priest from the incident at Loudon. She must take the bodies of those that the devil favors to protect her family. She must uncover the motive behind the illusive Ursula/Louis Bossidan, the scandalous cross-dresser who is pur ...more
ebook, EBook, 420 pages
Published December 23rd 2011 by Musa (first published December 22nd 11)

Angela Holtz
Mar 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
From Lilac Wolf and Stuff

This book gave me chills. Following Annabel as she went from body to body, visited time periods past and future, and fought for lover and family over and over. This book is chocked full of action, magic and philosophy.

All through the book, though Annabel knows she is a witch, she also knows she is a Christian and that God has blessed her. She also spends a lot of time battling a demon who doesn't even have a bone to pick with her, it's a great aunt or something.

I will ad
Delphina
Jan 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The story weaving in this book astonished me. I was really expecting the book to be very different than it was. I guess I had preconceived notions because I read so many para type books. This book, however, is unlike anything I have ever read. It was a cross between a family saga, historical fiction, horror and paranormal. That does not even do it justice, but it had elements from them all.

I loved how the author had "time travel" but did not allow themselves to get sucked into the normal time tr
K J Bennett
Jan 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Where do I start?

This novel is amazing: beautifully written, gripping, and un-putdownable (I nearly overran my journey to work via London Underground several times).

Vera Jane Cook has created a timeless character in Annabel Horton – literally. Destined for her soul to pass through time dimensions and to constantly face her demons, Annabel must save her extended family from the Devil’s clutches. When I say extended, I mean close relatives, extended by several hundred years!

Running at about 137,0
Jenny needham
Mar 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
My Review:
It took me a few chapters to get into this book, but once i had got over that i really enjoyed the story. The characters were well written and the story line itself was far different to what i expected. The time travel and family connections are amazingly in depth and the fight from the devils clutches is well worked and well written. This is not a YA read but it is full of action and with great interaction between the characters. I really like Annabel as a character she try's to keep
Tara
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book free from First Reads in exchange for a honest review.

The book is not what I thought it would be. When I got it, I was pleased to see it wasn't the typical "Salem Witch" book. However, I STRUGGLED to read this book. I about quit several times, but kept on reading. I finally stopped about chapter 36. I can't do it anymore, and I rarely set aside a book.

This book had great possibilities...but never lived up to any of them. The whole time travel thing got to be old, fast. The b
Laura Reading
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unlike anything else I have ever read, this story is a mix of historical fiction, time travel and body hopping, prejudice (against both color and sexual preferences,) culture and beliefs in various eras, and is a complicated family saga. For geneologists this is both a dream and a nightmare. Don't go looking for family loyalty.

As with many tales of the Salem Witch times, it is good vs evil and questioning the existance of God and or Devil.
The book is full of beautifully descriptive passages. Dur
A.B. Shepherd
Jan 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
3 and 3/4 stars for me.

Annabel Horton is cursed. This story, written in the style of classical literature, describes Annabel's journey through the dimensions of time trying to reunite with her loved ones and fight the evil force that is torturing them all.

The book has an adult content warning up front which is quite warranted. This was a very different type of book for me - much darker than I usually read. Although dark, it is not overly graphic which I appreciate.
Aly
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story about the lost witch is very interesting. We follow Annabel on a journey through time. She is pursued by the evil. I think that keeping track of her family tree in this book is a bit complex but I like this story. It is worth reading for anyone that likes reading about Salem and/or witches. *This was book was given to by the author in exchange for an honest review*
Hannah
May 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Liked it, but not as much as I thought I would. Took me a couple days to read it, but I followed it pretty well. A few of my friends were asking me how it was, so Im going to let them check it out themselves.
Billie
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So many different story elements all twisted together, wrung until it screams, and the result being an intriguing read that keeps you entertained.

A free copy received from the author but I would have paid for this book !!
Candie
Sep 06, 2012 rated it it was ok
To be honest I did not finish it, I lost interest midway thru
Kimberly
Jun 09, 2012
Eilaan
Mar 31, 2012
Vera
Dec 31, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Alisha
Dayna Tiesi
Apr 27, 2012
Goodreads Authors...: 5 Free Copies to Give Away 4 18 May 01, 2013 12:23PM
  • Undercurrent
  • Drawing Blood (Relict, #1)
  • The Pursuit of Cool
  • Hearts of Stone (Dracula, #1)
  • Dreamspell (Beyond Time #1)
  • Fright Court (Fright Court, #1)
  • Eric Brighteyes
  • Vaempires: Revolution (The Evolutionary War #1)
  • Far Away and Long Ago
  • Tamed
  • Foreseen (Rothston, #1)
  • A Walker in the City
  • Coven
  • Something Witchy (Mystics & Mayhem #1)
  • The Saga of Grettir the Strong
  • The Dream Slayer (The Dream Slayer, #1)
  • Under Witch Moon (Moon Shadows, #1)
  • Lancaster House