Start by marking “Everything's Amazing [sort of] (Tom Gates, #3)” as Want to Read:
Everything's Amazing [sort of] (Tom Gates, #3)

Everything's Amazing [sort of] (Tom Gates #3)

4.45  ·  Rating details ·  2,796 Ratings  ·  125 Reviews
Back to school, but it's not all bad. We're entering Rooster in a dog show, the School Disco and my birthday are coming up so this term's going to be amazing! Mostly because Delia's not invited to any of these. There's only one small problem with my birthday, Granny Mavis says she's going to cook ...uh oh!
Published March 1st 2012 by Scholastic (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Everything's Amazing [sort of], please sign up.
Susannah Kotyk The best way to read this book is to see the doodles as an enhancement to the text. There is also a glossary at the back of the book for all British…moreThe best way to read this book is to see the doodles as an enhancement to the text. There is also a glossary at the back of the book for all British words and the translations with doodles. (less)

Abdollah zarei
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
به عنوان یه کار کودک بهش 4 می دم. واقعا دوستداشتنی و عالیه. تفکرات و خیالهای تام رو خیلی دوست دارم.
Rachel Simson
Jul 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-books
For a book totally below my age range this book is really enjoyable!
The style of writing is fresh and interesting and tom's voice shines through bright and clear giving me many laughs. he has not annoyed me once throughout the whole serried. Which is pretty good for a character in my opinion.
I would kill for a friend like Derek he is awesome and very considerate! And I dislike Marcus so much; the slimy weasel. He is so damn annoying! Makes a pretty good villain.
Tom's teacher mr fullerman seems p
Ms. Yingling
E ARC from Netgalley.com

Tom is eagerly awaiting his birthday, scheming to get presents, and wondering if her really wants to go to the Dino Park where his father works for his party, especially since his father is enjoying driving around in the dinosaur shaped van a little too much... and is that his father dressed as a dinosaur in the adverts around town? Tom means well, but gets into all manner of scrapes-- he shrinks his school sweater and claims it is a trendy "shrink knit" until other kids
Razvan Zamfirescu
this book was hilarious
Susannah Kotyk
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: info-208
Tom loves to doodle. Whenever given the opportunity or even whenever not he is busy doodling something, somewhere. Tom and his mates are in a band. Their band has only ever played once for a seniors home but now they find out they are headlining the school disco. What will they do? and how to prepare for the worst? To make things even worse it's close to Tom's birthday, his Dad has bought a strange Dino van and there is a mysterious Dino costume hanging in his Dad's closet. Tom is worried his Da ...more
Guida Allès
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Guida by: Xisca Allès
Els llibres de Tom Gates són divertits com El Diari del Greg o El Petit Nicolàs, però a diferència dels altres, en Tom té aficions, curiositat i gustos marcats (li agrada dibuixar, tocar la guitarra, escoltar música) i és un líder dins laula. Els seus enemics no són tant els mestres sinó una germana i un alumne pressumptuós. Lautora il·lustra i escriu. Les il·lustracions precioses.
El meu nebot Lluc, de 8 anys, llegeix i riu, llegeix i riu.
Megan
It was a very good book
Jaina Rose
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blogged
This review is also available on my blog, Read Till Dawn.

First things first, this book is so British! It's like the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books (or at least like what I'd heard they're like), but written by a British author so full of words and phrases that make me feel like I'm a little English kid. As someone who dearly loves all things U.K., that definitely brings this book up in my esteem - for an American kid reading this with no real understanding of the linguistic differences between our t
Jackie
Tom Gates: Everything's Amazing (Sort of) is a humorous account of a boy who has all the typical problems of a tween: a devilish older sister, school bullies, parents who embarrass him at every turn, and grandparents (lovingly named The Fossils) who are out of touch, but huggable.

His birthday is coming up and although he leaves gift hints all over, he's not sure they are taken seriously and his parents want his party to be held at Dino Village! For goodness sakes, that's a little kid venue! Yet
Jeanne
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I had never read a graphic novel prior to this book so I couldn't understand the excitement surrounding the Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Smile, or similar series, but I can now! I thoroughly enjoyed middle-school student, Tom Gates, perspective of what an adult would have perceived as fairly typical events in the life of a typical student. Embarrassing parents, out-of-touch grandparents, a moody sister, friends (and friend problems), a birthday party, a school dance, homework... It was all there and it ...more
Rohan Arvind
Apr 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is the third of the series. In this book Derek his best friend enter Derek's dog into the dog show, buy ultra violet pens, have a birthday party and go to school. School seems fun for Tom but the character describes the days as everything is horrid. In the book, Derek and Tom describe the relationship very strongly. Tom says he would put his life ahead of Derek's life and so would Derek as described in the book. I recommend this book to people who like to read funny books because Tom h ...more
Aisha
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love the series so far it is the BEST!!!!
I recommend this to 8-9 year olds and older readers can read it too.
Brittany King
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this on a give away. Its adorable and totally fun.
Ella
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amazing. An easy read and very interesting! I bet you will read it over and over again!
Ysabel
May 13, 2014 rated it liked it
its cool it has great creativity with the drawing
Fiqa
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite
I love this book so much. Sometimes read children books helps to lighten up your day just like what I did when I read this book. The book really funny and cute. I love the characters a lot and it's good to see the world from children perspectives. I like the idea of family relationships and friendships that matter in this book. How everyone has their own role in our lives which pretty much a good book to read for everyone not just children
Harsha
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is really funny to read and whenever you read the book it's feels like whatever that is happening in the book is real. It's about a kid called Tom Gates and it's all about what happens in his life and at school and what he loves and hates. This is a good book for when you don't know what to read and there are many books to read in this series so you never get bored. This book is good for ages 9-12.
Mrs J E Savage
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant!!!

I liked the bit where Marcus bashed into mrs Worthington. Tom's mum said '' Try this hat on, you had one like this when you were little.
I would recommend this to people who like making excuses, people who don’t like sharing their toys and to people who like having birthdays. Age wise I would say 4-8
I chose this rating because it was a long book (unlike the other book) and it was appropriate for lots of ages.
Grace Davis
Feb 05, 2018 rated it liked it
The Tom Gate's series is thrilling and action-packed, and this book is no exception. Every page has something new, whether it is a new location or new person.
The author, (Liz Pichon), makes the character (Tom), very realistic and you truly believe that you go to his school, attended his birthday party and live with him.
This book is not necessarily challenging but still worth a read! I would recommend for children aged 8 plus who love action!
Samik Goyal
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It is a very big book of almost 350 pages. There is everything amazing with Tom Gates in this book. In one of the incident, he writes that I am an idiot on a shirt with a pen that is visible in torch light and when Marcus wears it and shows it to everyone in the school because a disco light falls on his shirt. Last pages of this show us how to make a face on bread and eat it.
Siddhant Salian
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Super funny story and illustrations both. Very fun to read as it has doodles almost everywhere and enriches imagination. Children can also compare their lives with Tom Gates. A brilliant series and an absolutely good read.
Michelle Widjaja
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Minh Thư
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fully enjoyed every single page of this book. So hilarious even though I might be a little to old for this :P.
disabledcon
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
i weed my self reading this
Liliana
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun book by L.Pichon the Tom Gates series is very "adventurous" in the way of Tom's shananagans and will Tom and Derek (Tom's best friend) ever be friends with Marcus?
Athira K
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
its really funny

I LOVE Tom Gates
Sophie
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
  • Goblins
  • What's for Dinner, Mr Gum?
  • Everything That Can Happen In A Day
  • Horrid Henry Rules The World
  • The Worst Witch to the Rescue (Worst Witch, #6)
  • The 65-Storey Treehouse
  • The First Adventure (Tumtum and Nutmeg #1)
  • Bully Bait
  • Ottoline at Sea (Ottoline, #3)
  • School Days According to Humphrey (According to Humphrey, #7)
  • One Dog and His Boy
  • Socks Are Not Enough
  • Gangsta Granny
  • The Traveling Restaurant: Jasper's Voyage in Three Parts (Tales of Fontania, #1)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 1
  • The Three Pickled Herrings (Wings & Co, #2)
L. Pichon says that when she was little, she loved to draw, and her mom said she was very good at making a mess (this is still true today). She kept drawing, went to art school, became a designer and art director at Jive Records, and began to publish children’s books. After its publication in the U.K., The Brilliant World of Tom Gates won several prestigious awards, including the Roald Dahl Funny ...more
More about Liz Pichon

Tom Gates (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Brilliant World of Tom Gates (Tom Gates, #1)
  • Excellent Excuses [and Other Good Stuff] (Tom Gates, #2)
  • Genius Ideas [Mostly] (Tom Gates, #4)
  • Tom Gates is Absolutely Fantastic [at Some Things] (Tom Gates, #5)
  • Tom Gates: Extra Special Treats ( . . . not) (Tom Gates, #6)
  • Tom Gates: (A tiny bit) Lucky (Tom Gates, #7)
  • Tom Gates: Yes! No (Maybe...) (Tom Gates, #8)
  • Top of the Class (Nearly) (Tom Gates, #9)
  • Tom Gates: Super Good Skills (Almost...)
  • Tom Gates 11: DogZombies Rule (For now...)