Start by marking “Special Delivery (Hollywood Hills, #1)” as Want to Read:
Special Delivery (Hollywood Hills, #1)

Special Delivery

(Hollywood Hills #1)

Meet Dr. Hope Love. She’s a beautiful, single doctor who delivers the babies of Hollywood's hottest stars. Her perfect, glamorous life is turned upside down when her father, a retired doctor and her partner in the practice, hires Dr. Brad Whitford to assist Hope in the ever-growing medical office. Hope doesn’t want or need the new guy—until she begins to fall in love with ...more
Published December 28th 2011 by Traci Hohenstein

To ask other readers questions about Special Delivery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Special Delivery

SandraE
Jan 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
A surprisingly good book. The characters are well developed and well written. If you are looking for a good light story this is it.
Marzena
Jun 11, 2013 rated it did not like it
Hey everyone, let's write a novel(lini)! Not quite sure how to do it? Not a problem, there's a working recipe how to get published.

First: the people. Make the heroine lovely and pretty (but not too beautiful, she wouldn't be likeable then, duh), and make the hero sexy and cute, whatever rings your bells. Make them both successful or better, workaholics. We don't have to add much background, we're fine with heroine going to-going back from work, dead tired. Drop a lot of brand names, wardrobe ta
Hazel
Aug 10, 2013 rated it did not like it
Dont normally write reviews but i feel I need to justify the low rating!
I felt like I was reading adverts all the time - the main character could not leave a place without commenting on the brand of clothing, make of car, type of handbag!
There was no depth to the sentence structure or the characters never mind the plot. This felt like a book written in bullet points and I forced myself to read to the end. Disappointing
Sibel Hodge
Jan 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When a new doctor is forced onto Hope's practice, it's the last thing she wants, but Brad has a way of getting under her skin that she can't ignore!

I read Burn Out by Traci Hohenstein and love the way she writes so I was looking forward to reading this romcom and it didn't disappoint. It's a really easy, and light-hearted read with great characters that you can easily relate to. If you're looking a a fast, fun read, Special Delivery is a great pick!
Josephine
Jan 11, 2013 rated it did not like it
The writing was so childish and silly. It's a fast read and a chick flick. I am definitely not going to finish the series. It was too predictable.
Leigh Mitchell
Mar 04, 2012 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this for a free book, can't decide whether to give 3 or 4 stars. A nice light read.
Nicky
Jan 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
First person.. eh.. WAY too many brand names thrown around.. blah.. Overall it was just okay.. I liked it enough but Im very glad I didnt pay for it.
Anna
Jan 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Short, Predictable and pretty cheesy. It was a SUPER easy read, took me just a few hours, but I had predicted the ending before I got to the 8th page. A great beach read book!
Brit
Jun 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012

Quick, easy read. Obvious ending, but still pretty good.
Literary  Chanteuse
Dec 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
A light chick lit story with a little touch of Hollywood that is really enjoyable and easy to read. Just what the doctor ordered.
Dawn
Jul 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Cute light hearted read. I'd read more by this authors. She makes lunch breaks go by rather quickly.
Jessica Smith
Apr 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Started fantastic..... ending to harlequin for me

I love the first 3/4 of this book. The main character was extremely likable and funny. The plot flowed at a nice steady pace. The ending let me down.... it felt first way to rushed, I wanted more romance, and the epilogue was just way to “perfect” like every happily ever after you see in harlequin romance novels.
Kathleen
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great!

I loved this book. Made me laugh made me want to cry and was s a d when it was over
Dolores Ayotte
Sep 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Special Delivery" is the second novel I've read by Author Traci Hohenstein. I realize that I actually read them out of order but the main players are the same so it was no big deal. However, the second book "Split Decision" in this Hollywood Hills Series is, in my opinion, a much better read.

Although, I did enjoy the characters in this novel, the main one is Dr. Hope Love, OB/GYN, single and in her mid-thirties. Her fascination with name brand clothes, shoes, and purses manage to give her a some
Ana
It's actually 3.5 stars.

Well, I did like it, though it's been only two weeks since I had my second son, and reading about pregnancies, C-sections, contractions and women in labor was more than awkward. :)

Anyway, it's a short read, though it has a lot of potential. I liked the characters, Hope and Brad are really a cute couple, and I wish I could read more about them. Reading this book was really like watching a movie, at times a scary one (as I said, it's cause of the fact I recently had a baby)
Heather Adkins
Aug 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Short reads work really well for me, because between running my own business booming freelance business AND working a full-time day job, I just don't have a lot of time to read! I was so impressed by this fun, cute little novella.

Hope Love (okay, so not a normal name, but an awesome character anyway) is an OB/GYN in the Hollywood area, and she caters to the stars. The only problem is she worksworksworks that she doesn't have time for a real love life. For a woman who deals in babies and familie
LAWonder10
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a delightful story of a Female OB/GYN who was resigned to staying single in a comfortable partnership with her father who was retired.
She came hoe from a short vacation only to discover her father had interviewed and hired another Dr. specializing in infertility.
she found it very difficult to accept until she slowly became better acquainted with the new partner.
This is light reading. There was drama, romance and light humor. There was some harsh language but not terrible.
The story-line
Jay-me (Janet)
Jan 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: new-2012

Feeling under the weather with a cough, so I'm on the light reading at the moment. This book kept me entertained for a few hours. It is also another book that makes me realise I'm not cut out to be a romantic heroine - every time these people go out to eat they have fish or seafood. I'm afraid I would have been violently ill all over the hero.
C is for **censored**
Offensive to OB/GYNs everywhere (probably even in Hollywood, though this may be an exception). Disgustingly inaccurate portrayal.
Carolyn Weidner johnson
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Cute book. Finished in by mid-afternoon
Charos
Oct 13, 2014 rated it did not like it
I skimmed the first and the second book of the series. Both are shallow and boring. Couples are happy that their first born is a boy and girls cannot skateboard... *insert major eye roll here*
Christina

• Mr. Right For The Night
  • Return Of The Runaway Bride
  • The Last Page
  • When the Heart Falls
  • Embers of Hope (Second Gift, #1)
  • Sentimental Bulls#*t
  • Best Friends and Bastards
  • Clay's Way
  • Almost a Bride
  • Oceans Between Us (A Cinderella Romance)
  • Rock Star's Girl (A Hollywood Dating Story, #1)
  • Happily Ever Afton
  • Whiteout
  • Leaving the Comfort Cafe
  • Last Summer
  • Waiting For Spring
  • The One Who Got Away
Traci Hohenstein lives in NW Florida and divides her time between being a beachbum and writing.

Hollywood Hills (3 books)
  • Split Decision (Hollywood Hills, #2)
  • Sinfully Delicious (Hollywood Hills Series #3)