Start by marking “Entranced (The Donovan Legacy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Entranced (The Donovan Legacy, #2)

Entranced

(The Donovan Legacy #2)

Obviously psychic Sebastian Donovan was a fraud, but fiercely protective Mary Ellen Sutherland was desperate to find a missing baby and had run out of leads. So, reluctantly, the skeptical private investigator agreed to enlist Sebastian's help. Soon she had to admit - grudgingly - that this man had some pretty remarkable gifts. Especially his extraordinary ability to penet ...more
Published January 17th 2012 by Intermix (first published October 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Entranced, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Entranced

Start your review of Entranced (The Donovan Legacy, #2)
Chitra *CJ*
''Entranced'' is the story of Mel and Sebastian.

In this second wonderful addition to the Donovan series, we meet Sebastian Donovan, a witch and seer, whose powers give him the vision, and he uses it to help the police out in various cases.
When a desperate mother's pleading note catches his eye, he responds to her request to find her abducted baby, meeting PI Mary Ellen aka Mel in the process.
Mel has been desperately trying to find baby David, and being practical, she does not
Anita
I was absolutely "Entranced". As much as I didn't care for the first book in this series, I loved this one. A little mystery, a little suspense and a really wonderful romance. Oh, and the hero is a psychic who can read minds, but is too much of a gentleman to do that to the heroine, well, not often anyway.

Sebastian Donovan is a psychic and a witch who has helped solve several high-profile cases. He is approached by a desperate mother whose baby has been abducted. Her friend, Mary Ell
Cyndi
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Our heroine is a PI that has been enlisted by her neighbor to find a missing toddler. In desperation the mother asks our hero to help. Since he is a witch with the gift of clairvoyance. He agrees since he knows our heroine is his destiny.
Heena Rathore P.
Rebecca
3.5 STARS

I enjoyed this one more than the first installment. Old school Nora, with PNR element. A light, easy read.
Zubee
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin, 2019, pnr
Loved this H; a handsome psychic man
Strong h who doesn't believe in pyschics ... which made a nice change as I have read a lot of books with psychic h and sceptical H .... they had great chemistry and bantered so sweetly ...
Liza Wiemer
Book 2 in the Donavan Stories by Nora Roberts. Magic and romance. Yup, I'm a fan.
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Entranced really improved on Captivated>, because it both has a plot and improved character development.

In basically the exact same number of pages, Entranced resolves two mysteries and gets the couple together, which means that, good news, there's no time for massive misunderstandings or fear of commitment flailing. Mel's got some fear of commitment, but it resolves itself without really being an issue.

I can't say I felt particularly invested in the resolution of the mystery, but I did
Kathy
Ghyllee
May 03, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-books
it was an okay read. nothing too exciting and it seemed short in duration.
Jessica
Aug 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
I enjoyed this book a lotmore than the first because the significant other, while not a believer, wasn't hurtful about the disbelief like the Nash was. The plot was interesting and well paced. Overall the writing was good but I thought the sex scenes were a little ott with flowery language. I prefer mine more visceral which really isn't Roberts style, but this seemed excessive even for her so I mostly skimmed those scenes.
Dawn
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second in the series and much better than the first book. Mel is a private investigator who is looking for her neighbors kidnapped child. We very few leads, the mother grows desperate and wants to enlist the help of a well known psychic. Sebastian is not really a psychic...he is a wizard who has the gift of sight. Between his visions and her police work, they attempt to take down a huge kidnapping ring together.
Beth
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is probably a 2.5. Not quite a waste of my time but close. I didn’t care much about the characters and the story didn’t draw me in.
Mar 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not entirely sure how to review this without fangirling all over MacLeod Andrews....but I'ma give it my best damn shot.

Like Captivated , I first read Entranced by Nora Roberts a little more than a decade ago.  I absolutely love Roberts' paranormal romances.  They feature strong, independent women, and men who are just sensitive enough to make you swoon, but not so overly sensitive that you want to roll your eyes backwards into your brain.

Basically, she writes the kind of men I'd bang (if I wasn't married and stuff - I love you, honey, ple
Aurian Booklover
Feb 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mel is happy with her own little home in Monterey, and her independent job. She grew up with a mother who moved every few months to a new place, never putting down roots, never getting the chance to make friends. But now she is putting down roots, and she has even made some friends. Friends who really need her professional help as a private investigator. A few weeks ago, their little baby boy was stolen from their own backyard, when Rose just went inside for a minute. They are devastated, and so ...more
Cyrisse
May 22, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance readers
Recommended to Cyrisse by: n/a
Shelves: nora-roberts
Entranced is Sebastian Donovan's story. Sebastian's gift is that of sight. He can delve into people's minds as well as see past, present, and future events. Although independently wealthy from various ventures, he lends himself to the authorities to solve crimes they are unable to solve on their own. Just having returned to his California home after apprehending a serial killer, he is determined to rest and recuperate. The grisly visions of the crimes, and the foray into the mind of a madman hav ...more
Jane Stewart
Pretty good. But audiobook narrator Therese Plummer is not good with male voices.

Characters and plot were formulaic - been done before, but it kept my interest.

This is book 2 in the Donovan Legacy series. Each book can be read as a stand alone. The characters in book 1 have minor roles in book 2.

Mel is a former cop, now a private detective. Her friend Rose’s baby was stolen. Rose heard about Sebastian - a psychic who helped the FBI and cops with cases. Rose ar
Isabella Kai
Aug 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked Sebastian even when he appeared in Morgana's story. He's a strong character. I never really enjoyed psychic characters until Sebastian came along. He brought a level of cool that set him apart from other psychic heroes. He doesn't come as a freaky mysterious psychic but a gifted man who knows what he can do and what he can't, he knows his limits. I like that he doesn't hurry, that he doesn't sweep to anything and everything. I think Sebastian's greatest aspect as a character is his patie ...more
Lisa
Jul 27, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2007
A baby had been stolen and it was her job to find it--but private investigator Mel Sutherland had run out of leads. She could hardly blame the child's desperate mother for seeking the help of psychic Sebastian Donovan. Though Mel preferred to work alone, she was going to keep a real close watch on the sexy seer—she didn't trust him one bit!

Sebastian knew practical-minded Mary Ellen didn't believe in psychics or witches she just plain had a bad attitude. She also had a pair of legs a
Poppy Fields
This is a really fun book with a private P.I. and a devishly handsome psychic who join forces to find a kidnapped baby. There is instant chemistry and a well written romance twined in a mystery. Kind of reminiscent of her J.D. Robb books. The hero even has an Irish accent! I enjoyed the second installment of this series even more than the first and will read all four of the Donovans. The families interactions and obvious affection are the best part of the series.
Shannon
Aug 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It took me a while to read it, as it took me a while to get into it. Really good characters and storyline.
Carole
Jan 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
All her books are good to read!
Nancy
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an excellent book I would highly recommend this book to anyone who wants an excellent read. I look forward to reading more of this author's work.
Paranormal Romance
Growing up not knowing her father and traveling with her gypsy mother from town to town, not having a true home has made the heroine distrusting. She keeps to herself for the most part and very very rarely actually invests emotional feelings into relationships. But when she met her now best/only friend at the diner, she found someone who she was willing to die for, her and her husband. So when their newborn son is kidnapped right from their front yard, the heroine is willing to do anything to se ...more
Lizabeth Tucker
A desperate mother begs psychic Sebastian Donovan for help in finding her kidnapped baby. Her friend, Mel Sutherland, doesn't believe in psychics. As far as she's concerned, Sebastian is just another scam artist taking advantage.

Although exhausted by a particularly bad case with the Chicago police, Sebastian reluctantly agrees to help. Mel, an ex-cop and current private investigator, is told that they will be working together to find the missing child.

As the search unfold
J Crossley
Adriana
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sebastian Donovan is a witch. One whose strongest gift is his psychic ability. Like his cousins Morgana and Anastasia, Sebastian comes from a long line of witches. He is also gorgeous, kind, determined, and has the sexiest Irish brogue outside of Ireland. Not that skeptical private investigator Mary Ellen Sutherland believes him. Still, she is desperate and she will take any help she can get to find her best friend's baby boy. With Sebastian's help, Mary Ellen soon finds that he is a remarkable ...more
Debby
JOCA
Jul 10, 2019 added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
I liked Sebastian even though the first book in this series was a DNF for me, however the heroine here was frustrating and it felt like this angle had been used already in the first book (a witch with a skeptic). Also, the head-swapping was frustrating. Not even Nora Roberts can do head-swapping well, and I wish the editors would point that out, regardless of how many billions of books she's sold. It was a DNF for me and I won't be continuing with the series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Orchid (St. Helen's, #3)
  • Everlong (Daughters of Askara #1)
  • A Darker Dream
  • Divine Savior (Aaron's Kiss, #2)
  • Wicked Sexy (Wicked^3, #1)
  • Dead of Night
  • Eclipse Bay (Eclipse Bay Trilogy, # 1)
  • Ties That Bind (includes: Bound Hearts, #1)
  • X Marks the Spot (The X-Files: Middle Grade, #1)
  • Smoke and Mirrors: The War on Drugs and the Politics of Failure
  • Double Exposure: From A Gift of Love
  • Long, Tall Texans II

The Donovan Legacy (4 books)
  • Captivated (The Donovan Legacy, #1)
  • Charmed (The Donovan Legacy, #3)
  • Enchanted (The Donovan Legacy, #4)
“Legacy series: Captivated, Charmed, and Enchanted,” 0 likes
“In southern Utah, not far from the Arizona border—and near enough to Vegas for an easy trip to lose a paycheck—was a hot little huddle of storefronts. The town, such as it was, had a gas station, a tiny café that offered corn tortillas, and a twenty-five-unit motel with a plaster brontosaurus in the center of the gravel lot.” 0 likes