Start by marking “Breathless (Lincolnville Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
Breathless (Lincolnville Mystery #1)

Breathless

(Lincolnville Mystery #1)

Lydia Frederickson is afraid to answer her telephone. Widowed and alone, she only wants to get through another anniversary of her husband’s death without falling to pieces, but a stalker isn’t making that goal easy. The disturbing calls are becoming increasingly personal and threatening, and everyone who knows her is suspect. The only person she knows isn’t making the call ...more
Published January 13th 2012 by Pelican Book Group (first published January 12th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Breathless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breathless

Selene
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Very promising start with very little build-up, simple writing style, and okay characters. The stalker's identity was too easy to figure out and even though this was a shorter story, it felt like a longer book due to the angsty main characters and handful of side characters thrown in.

►Cutest lines?

“Don’t let the persona fool you.” Lydia leaned closer to the older man. “There are horns holding up this halo.”
April
Dec 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Donna
Jan 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Bain sure knows how to keep a reader in suspense...and knows how to tug at the heart, too! From the start of the story, the author keeps you on the edge of your seat, as scared and worried about Lydia as the heroine is for herself. This story is also full of unexpected lessons in human nature and all its weaknesses. Not judging is so hard when we believe that what we see is all there is. This is a great story full of heart and wisdom. I loved it!
Pete
Jan 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The book is great. It starts strong and doesn't stop. The writing is excellent and easy to get into. The development of Lydia, her history and her new-found love interest keep your attention throughout. Combined with the twists as to who is terrorizing her, you don't want to put the book down...and then you're sorry it's over when you turn the last page. I truly look forward to her next book and future as an author.
Linda Rainey
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As usual,,Kathyn J. Bain has brought a non stop thriller.
I loved the characters of Lydia and Matthew and their romance.
All the characters worked well together to give us a cohesive story.
We see God' grace and mercy working throughout the book.
Thanks for the advance copy and in exchange I am giving my honest review.
Mary Leake
Feb 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was very good, the ending was very good, I did not see it coming.
I would recommend this book to everyone who wants to read a good clean, suspenceful book.
Nextgen
Heidi Wise
Sep 22, 2016
Jo-Ann Elizabeth Toth
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as a gift and it was awesome. Reading Lydia and Matthew's story was a page turner. You we're kept guessing as to who was the stalker of Lydia. Especially when the stalker put you on false trails as to who it was. It was interesting as well for it tested Matthew's faith and learning to walk in it in every way. The author did an awesome job in the way she showed her knowledge of stalking for a stalker can be one of the most dangerous predators if they have the right knowledge ...more
Carlie Holdredge
Rebecca
rated it it was ok
Dec 10, 2013
2015 Reading Chal...: Breathless by Kathryn Bain 1 5 Jun 03, 2015 07:04AM

Lincolnville Mystery (3 books)
  • Catch Your Breath (Lincolnville Mystery #2)
  • One Last Breath (Lincolnville Mystery #3)