Start by marking “Mayo Clinic Healthy Heart for Life!” as Want to Read:
Mayo Clinic Healthy Heart for Life!

Mayo Clinic Healthy Heart for Life!

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  65 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; } Is that twinge in your chest heartburn or a heart problem? In 2006, more than 600,000 Americans-26% of all deaths in the US that year-died of heart disease, making it our nation's #1 ki ...more
Published January 31st 2012 by Oxmoor House

To ask other readers questions about Mayo Clinic Healthy Heart for Life!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mayo Clinic Healthy Heart for Life!

Jean
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent, easy read. But then, I'm weird in that I LOVE a good health, self-help, or cooking book. My elderly parent has heart damage/failure, so I was interested in knowing more about the heart and how it works. This book fills the bill and was pleasant to read as well.

Non-fiction is my jam!
Oswego Public Library District
The Mayo Clinic books are easy to read with easy to understand information. This is no exception. The chapters outline key steps to work on in easy terms such as Eat 5 (fruits/veggies), Move 10 (minutes), Sleep 8 (hours). All medical information is kept to the basics and put in laymen's terms. There are diagrams of the heart system included to help understand anatomy, too. The chapters are laid out in such a way that you can skip parts that do not interest you or pertain to you, such as smoking. ...more
HBalikov
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Mayo Clinic polishes its reputation for reliability by offering a readable prescription for those interested in dealing with present or future heart problems. The book does so by:
Being up to date with the science and psychology of heart issues including stress and sleeplessness;
Being well organized and targeted on recommendations;
Being written in a straightforward, non-jargon manner;
Offering a resource for alternative medical approaches;
Boiling down positive steps into increments that those
Gloria
Feb 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
All of the Mayo Clinic books are easy to read with easy to understand information. This is no exception. The chapters outline key steps to work on in easy terms such as Eat 5 (fruits/veggies), Move 10 (minutes), Sleep 8 (hours). All medical information is kept to the basics and put in laymen's terms. There are diagrams of the heart system included to help understand anatomy, too. The chapters are laid out in such a way that you can skip parts that do not interest you or pertain to you, such as s ...more
Wells Lindsay
Good easy to understand book on heart health

Good book on the basics of controlling heart health factors. This is one of several books I read after being diagnosed with heart disease. This was helpful but the best I have read was Heart 411 by Marc Gillinov and Steven Nissen who work at the Cleveland Clinic.
Joy
May 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good, basic information on the prevention and treatment of heart disease. Does not go into a great deal of depth on any one subject, but is more of an overview on many heart-related issues. Information is presented in clear, layman's terminology so is easy to understand.

I would recommend this book to anyone looking for basic, up-to-date information on heart disease and heart health.
Jessica
Jul 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Accessible and easy to read book by the Mayo Clinic that gives the low down on how to start and maintain a heart healthy lifestyle. Great tips that can be used by all, especially those of us who have a history of cardiac problems in our genes.
Tom
Jan 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: heart-health
Great book! This could save your life!
Patricia
Sep 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be very helpful. The advice given was backed by medical research, and the steps are doable.
John
Jun 26, 2016 rated it liked it
A lot of good information
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »