Start by marking “Royal Jelly: A Short Story from Roald Dahl's 'Kiss Kiss'” as Want to Read:
Royal Jelly: A Short Story from Roald Dahl's 'Kiss Kiss'

Royal Jelly: A Short Story from Roald Dahl's 'Kiss Kiss'

A brilliant gem of a short story from Roald Dahl, the master of the sting in the tail.In Royal Jelly, Roald Dahl, one of the world's favourite authors, tells a sinister story about the darker side of human nature. Here a husband and wife, unable to get their new baby to feed, hit upon a novel and disturbing solution . . .Royal Jelly is taken from the short story collection ...more
Published 2011 by Penguin

To ask other readers questions about Royal Jelly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Royal Jelly

Start your review of Royal Jelly: A Short Story from Roald Dahl's 'Kiss Kiss'
Chantal
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I was reading this story, it reminded me that I had seen this story on tv many years back. I really enjoyed it and I liked how the writer tried to make you think about the end and how he makes you fantasize about the end. I give this a 5.
Bhawna Widhani
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This one is my favorite. Actually one of my favorites. I simply love the author and I can't digest the fact that he has CRAWLED all over me in this story. I couldn't give a hoot to where I was sitting while reading this because I was just taken aback with the creepy INFORMATION in the story and Dear God, I would never on Earth test this on my child EVER ! Eww :p
Karna
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
!
Heleen
Nov 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Funny story that I read in preparation of an escape room which was based on this.
I love how Dahl incorporated "normal" English language to elaborate his bee-related story.
Short story, so a quick read. But a bit of a strange story in which you can see the "reveal" at the end a mile coming.
Benjamin Stahl
Nov 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I read this in one of Hitchcock's compilations. I honestly can't remember much about this one. Giving it the benefit of the doubt and giving it three stars. Seems fair enough. At the end of the day, it's just another rating towards my account.
Simon Gianoutsos
Feb 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
It's okay for a super short story. It's very light, drags on a bit and simplistic.
Petra Hermans
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hhmmm. I have never read a story, as it seems all the way very funny!
itchy
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
25october2019

read as part of the collection kiss kiss.
Tiffany
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: creepy
The fly in the form of a baby. This story creeped me out on so many levels. Great read.
وائل المنعم
قصة ثقيلة الظل غالبا هي أسوأ ما قرات لدال حتى الآن.
Kathryn
Jul 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-stories, scifi
i'm not sure which genre this story goes under, given the twist at the end, so i'm going to go with science fiction for now. biological mutations count as science fiction, right?

this is the first short story by dahl i've read since THE WONDERFUL STORY OF HENRY SUGAR & OTHER STORIES, which i read a long, long time ago. i really enjoyed this one. it has dahl's light, almost jovial voice, plus the classic creepy/twisted undertones. cheers!
Mynonna
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: december-2016
Mr. Taylor had some dark issues. There comes a point in time where everyone has to question their overall life to see whether or not they are making the most of their life. Our main character never did such a thing; and it shows. This story shows how detrimental a persons obsession with things can become.
Courtney Schafer
Aug 30, 2014
Eline Luijsterburg
Feb 24, 2019
Taylor
rated it did not like it
Nov 04, 2017

• The Phantom Coach: Collected Ghost Stories
  • Quitters, Inc
  • Four Past Midnight: The Sun Dog
  • Three Past Midnight: The Library Policeman
  • Crash and Burn (Sigma Force, #11.5)
  • Two Past Midnight: Secret Window, Secret Garden
  • The Rule of Names
  • War Hawk (Tucker Wayne, #2)
  • If There Were Demons Then Perhaps There Were Angels: William Peter Blatty's Own Story of the Exorcist
  • Ghost Ship (Sigma Force, #12.5)
  • Jerusalem's Lot
  • Riding the Bullet
  • The Overnight (Fear Street, #3)
  • Girl in Buckskin
  • The Chemistry of Death (Joe Tesla, #3)
  • Lockdown (Ryan Lock, #1)

Dahl's first published work, inspired by a meeting with C. S. Forester, was Shot Down Over Libya. Today the story is published as A Piece of Cake. The story, about his wartime