Start by marking “Dragons Love Tacos” as Want to Read:
Dragons Love Tacos

Dragons Love Tacos

(Dragons Love Tacos #1)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  9,059 ratings  ·  1,408 reviews
This scrumptious New York Times bestseller has a whole lot of kick!

Dragons love tacos. They love chicken tacos, beef tacos, great big tacos, and teeny tiny tacos. So if you want to lure a bunch of dragons to your party, you should definitely serve tacos. Buckets and buckets of tacos. Unfortunately, where there are tacos, there is also salsa. And if a dragon accidentally ea
Published June 14th 2012 by Dial Books

To ask other readers questions about Dragons Love Tacos, please sign up.
Sue Slade It would depend on the learning activities you were going to do with it. My son was at the end of Grade 3 when we did both of Adam's Dragon books. As…moreIt would depend on the learning activities you were going to do with it. My son was at the end of Grade 3 when we did both of Adam's Dragon books. As spin off activities for the first one we did a taco bar and his second one we made his Nana's Salsa. My son loved it.
(less)

·  9,059 ratings  ·  1,408 reviews

Jane
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jane by: Tim
In this book we have dragons, which is nice, but what is even better is that we also have tacos. Many tacos. So many tacos. Who doesn't like tacos?

description

I "read" this through Hoopla. The only versions available to me were the Read-Along and the Hoopla Movie. They're both pretty much the same thing: a narrated version of the picture book with some animated effects added to the illustrations. In some cases the screen zoomed in and out and around on the illustration to create movement, in other cases cer
Sean Gibson
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you can get past the mildly racist presumption in the title, this is a diverting educational primer on the dietary habits of lizardus massivus flameus breathus. Best when read aloud with tinier humans.
Jeremy West
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It's a truth universally acknowledged, that a single dragon in possession of a large appetite, must be in want of hundreds of tacos. And this humorous book has more than one dragon in it, meaning many, many tacos. This light-hearted, slightly absurd dragon story makes you want to read it aloud to a bunch of children making up all sorts of weird voices for each character. If you love tacos too, this book is most definitely for you.
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adorable book! Funny illustrations will have children and adults alike in giggles as they read about how much dragons love tacos!
P.S. send all of the spicy salsa to my house! 😁
Gabrielle
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
True story: my 3-year old nephew and my (32 year old) self both got this book for Christmas last December. We were equally excited, but I confess to being a tad jealous of the fact that Malcolm got the deluxe version that came with a plushie and I only got the book.

I have always loved dragons and I especially love when they are not represented as mean menacing beasts. This book is full of adorable dragons who are friendly, like to party and eat tacos. You just have to be careful what kind of sal
Jenna
Jan 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: dragons, picture-book
I wouldn't say this is the best book in the world, but it is probably the best book on dragons loving tacos.

The illustrations are adorable. And the premise is cute -- dragons love tacos! And taco parties! We never actually find out WHY dragons love tacos, despite the question being asked. I guess the awesomeness of tacos is so obvious that the question doesn't need an answer.

But, whatever you do, don't feed them spicy salsa! The spicy salsa thing is actually what makes me hesitant to say that th
Christine
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Magnificent!! Hilarious!! Also... Informative! ; ) "

^^^ The comments above were insisted upon by my son, when I read this to him at the library a few days ago. Granted, he is 16... but he was having a rough day, and on a whim, we decided to read children's books together, sitting in the rocking chairs, in the children's section of the library. This was the result.

The humor in this picture book is pure stress relief, for us, at least. This is the tale of a boy who adores dragons, and of the drag
Booknut
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Do you love tacos? Well dragons love them too and this book gives you all the reasons why!

Book cover: This book cover is so adorable and hilarious - I can't get over all the tiny tacos!!

Thoughts: I know what you're thinking: what are you doing reading a picture book when you have a TBR pile of immeasurable size full of actual books to get to?

Well, although a grown up I may be, I have a weakness for adorable and witty picture books. And Dragons Love Tacos is a book that can be enjoyed by adults a
Kristi
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: harper-read
Too cute!
Dylan Wright
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. A good mix of fantasy and practicality. Illustrations were awesome and although he has no lines the dog adds a lot to the story.
Punk
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
[1. Dragons--Fiction. 2. Tacos--Fiction. 3. Food habits--Fiction. 4. Humorous stories.]

Summary: Explores the love dragons have for tacos, and the dangers of feeding them anything with spicy salsa.

Boy, does it ever. Bright, cheerful illustrations of dragons and tacos. Tacos are just comedy gold, folks, and pair them with dragons who like costume parties and play charades and eat at Taco Cave and you've got a winner.

It will probably also really make you want a taco.
MissBecka
I like Dragons. I like tacos.
Combine them together...

I LOVVVVVVVED IT!!!!!
Now I want tacos...and my own Dragon BFF.
Donalyn
Clever, and I like both dragons and tacos, but the set-up for the surprise took too long.
Abigail
Awwww!! This was such a sweet, little picture book that I would highly recommend reading to little kids. They would love it!! Because come on who doesn’t love dragons and tacos?? 😂
Brina
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
Even my older kids ask me to get this book periodically because they find this and Adam Rubin's other books hysterical.
Amy Yingling
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love tacos so I was thrilled to hear that dragons love tacos too! This book was cute and the illustrations are wonderful. I even got a video-recording of it from the library to watch with my kids and they all really enjoyed it! Man I really want a taco now!
Kiera
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book. I mean.... WHO DOESN'T LOVE TACOS??
Also I love the illistrations.
Sasha
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, children-s, humor, food
I read this at the Young Readers Center when I was supposed to be shelving. It was amazing. Read it if you like tacos, dragons, being bossy, ruining nice things, and being a human with a pulse.
Ariel
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Today's audience was a group of second graders. This book combines two things kids love, dragons and tacos. Although you will want to throw a dragon taco party just make sure you don't accidentally give them spicy salsa or the results will be disastrous!

I found this book to be mildly amusing while the kids loved it. They enjoyed the story and took a lot of interest in the illustrations, especially the ones of the dragon party. I don't know if this is a book that I would want to read over and ov
Riana (RianaInTheStacks)
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I can see why Dragons Love Tacos has become so popular! The book is very cute, explaining a Dragon's fire as what happens when they eat tacos with spicy salsa or peppers on them. Dragons love tacos so they eat them all the time, but if they happen to get a spicy one...you might not want to be around.
There are a couple times in the book where the narrator asks the dragons what they think about something and they mime silly responses which brings more humor to the story. And of course this is a k
Melissa
Dec 06, 2012 rated it it was ok
I remember seeing this earlier this year but I didn't even put it on Goodreads, that's how much of an impression it made. So when the NYTimes puts it on its Notable list, I put it on hold to look at it again. Guess what? Still not impressed. One joke stretched thin, and the illustrations and design are not adding much.
Pooja
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
It rained tacos all over the book.

And now I know, where do dragons get their fire from? How can they destroy your house with fire?! And why do they help rebuilding your house?!

You guessed it. Tacos!
Tova
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childhood, covergasm
I worked at a Literacy-fair today which involved me reading a lot of little kid books for my own pleasure because I had nothing to do. This was pretty adorable!
Nicole
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Dragons Love Tacos by Adam Rubin

Intended audience: preschool- kindergarten students

Adaptive book review citation:
(2012, June 1). School Library Journal. http://www.booksinprint2.com.leo.lib....

Opening Move:
The teacher or reader will ask the following questions in an attempt to raise questions and spark students' curiosity about dragons and taco parties.

1. Who has ever eaten a taco?
2. What do you like to put on your taco?
3. What do you think a dragon would like on a taco?

The reader will provide
Camie
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
My grandson sneaked this to school in his backpack, to show his friends, and the teacher ended up reading it to the class (1st grade). He was really happy, and picky eater as he is , has decided that he also likes tacos. Cute book, although some of the words could be easier to better accommodate the age group which will most enjoy it . 4 stars from Gma 5 from Grandson.
Reverenddave
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-book
It works cause its true to life. Also, cause of tacos.
Katie
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pretty silly but fun.
In other news can I professionally read picture books out loud? It's my favorite.
Liz
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
We love dragons and tacos. Thank you Ben
Kika
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I got this for my niece as a Christmas present, and I'm excited to get another copy for my own kiddo, too. Tacos FTW.
Shut.up.im.tryin.to.read
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
SUPER cute kids book! Great story and cool illustrations 💕
EED245 1 6 Aug 29, 2016 04:42PM

• Squid and Octopus Friends for Always
  • King Arthur's Very Great Grandson
  • The Insomniacs
  • Have You Seen My Dragon?
  • Unicorn Thinks He's Pretty Great
  • Not Your Typical Dragon
  • Zombie in Love
  • It's a Tiger!
  • Brief Thief
Adam Rubin is the #1 New York Times best-selling author of ten critically-acclaimed picture books, including the Those Darn Squirrels trilogy, Dragons Love Tacos, Dragons Love Tacos 2: The Sequel, Secret Pizza Party, Robo-Sauce and El Chupacabras (which was short-listed for the 2018 Texas Blue Bonnet award). He spent ten years working as a creative director in the advertising industry before leavi ...more

Dragons Love Tacos (2 books)
  • Dragons Love Tacos 2: The Sequel