Start by marking “The Book of Pook” as Want to Read:
The Book of Pook

The Book of Pook

The 'Game' or Pick-up artist (PUA) movement has been growing in recent years. Basically, if you haven't come across it, its a collection of psychological techniques for pressing women's buttons in order to get them to be attracted to you.

A couple of years ago there was a man who posted on a PUA forum called So Suave and had his own blog called Pook's Mill. His basic
Published (first published 2008)

Start your review of The Book of Pook
Hussain Elius
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Forever Aloners
This is clearly the best book I have ever read.

How would I describe this book? This compilation of forum posts came from a PUA forum, so yes, I suppose it leans in towards PUA, and mostly, inner game material. But this is so much more than that!

The Book of Pook teaches you to be a man and to not give in to the power that women yield over spineless guys. More effectively, the book wants you to respect yourself and to love yourself. If you don't love yourself, how can you expect anyone else to
Dan Davidson
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A book about how to be a man in a feminist world.
Luis
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book as huge downside! I want to read more, I want to talk to the author - invite him to my house an discuss this subjects.
I had huge moments of awareness and realizations that make a lot of sense. Guys are being feminine and passive, being reactive rather than active.
Shiittt, this book is awesome. The way that Pook writes is funny and very easy to understand. We can see he has read a lot and thinks regularly about this stuff.
He should do a "real" book.

I can say that he changed my life for
Syrus Drake
Jan 11, 2017 rated it did not like it
This was probably one of the most frustrating books I've ever read. Not bad though, I can deal with bad books. I just put them away and that's it.
But there are some really solid pieces of advice in this book, which makes it all the more infuriating that the majority of it is such utter bobbins. It's like having do scuba dive in a septic tank for bars of gold...

The constant misogyny is probably the least of the book's issues. It's a collection of posts from a PUA-forum, so you know what you're
Pat G
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A self-improvement book first and foremost. Treat it as such. Don't get too bogged down with his views, make your own inferences. Gets better in latter half, especially the last few pages dealing with success.

Gold:

How do I judge a woman's character? I see how she treats people who can do nothing for her.

Your life depends on the choices you make now in your youth. What you do today echoes a lifetime.

Passion - never lose it, for that would be the death of your soul.

Consistency is the most
K
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Don't categorize it as PUA, red pill, or a pickup guide. Yeah it teaches you what women are really thinking and is a survival guide for this feminism rampant society, but more importantly it teaches you to value yourself. Deeper than picking up girls, the techniques and philosophies here will grow you into a better person.
Bruno Silva
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
It has sound advice on many different areas of life, all of them usually related to sexuality.

Since the first time I met this “community” I could never manage to force myself to enter in a forum about seduction, nothing against guys there, but I don’t think it would be great for my personal evolution to be in one.

Contradicting my prejudice it was easy to see that the author of those posts was indeed successful with women. In this seduction community, as in all other areas of life, immediate
Joshua
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Improve yourself, and women will follow.

The high standards you apply to your desires must be applied to yourself.

Main Ideas

- Only go for many women or none at all (monk mode)
- Improve yourself until you do not need women to be happy
- Embrace being a sexualized male
- Nice Guy vs. Jerk

- Nice guy depends on good reactions from women
- Jerk depends on getting laid from women
- Attractive man: Doesn’t give a shit what women think
Brian  Ambrosini
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very opinionated. However, there is a lot of introspection and truth to most of what he is saying. He essentially says that it's all backwards. We need to focus on being ourselves and CONSTANTLY be improving that self. Not trying to be someone else.

Very good at parables and telling stories. Storytelling is similar to Arabian Nights.
Craig
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pdf-library
Fantastic book that focuses on improving your core self rather than remembering tactics.

Think of Pook to Sosuave as Satoshi Nakamoto is to Bitcoin. The long lost founder with the core concepts.

Some great notes here: http://kevevans.com/pook-2/
Brandon Henke
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: relationships
What are you expecting here? A long-winded diatribe on the virtues of strong masculinity in an increasingly decadent and feminine society? If The Book of Pook taught me anything, it's that bookish exercises in philosophy frequently lead to feeble stasis, and almost never to life's sweeping heights. Your time is better spent building, creating, and pursuing YOUR passions! So get off your butt young man, stop reading this review and go create your own world!
Vishnu E
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: trp
I cant stop raving about this book and "Pook" obviously. Although this isn't really technically a book but a collection of a forum posting. Having read a lot of other RP books, this book was a great treat. This is one book that will open the floodgates of self improvement if you accept issues in your life and seeks actively to correct them. "Pook" goes over them one by one and tries to help you out as a friend and a mentor.

I can't stop raving about the book and "Pook", I'm pretty sure this is
Andrew
Jun 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Me in 2003: Wow! This Pook guy is so good at charming women!

Me in 2018: Wow! This Pook guy is so good at charming men who want to charm women!

He has some good ideas about self-care and self respect, etc. Too bad he ends up marrying it with anti-feminism, fear of women, and ignorance about gender and sex.

He began with a quest for self improvement, and became more and more obsessed with delusions of male persecution, until eventually he became very bitter with women and decided to avoid
Yichen
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have read this book over and over again, and every time, I have learned something. It has taught me things that are more than just "how to get girls". It is hard, in this day and age, to really know what it means to "be a man". Pook answers those questions. To be continuously striving forward, to go past the manuals and instructions and create your own life, that is what he advocates. I don't agree with everything he says, but many of his words resonate with me.
Mehul
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book. So many life lessons packed into this, I had to just stop reading this and rethink all my beliefs. This book focused on changing people inside out and that is exactly what it did to me. Whoever this guy Pook is, he has a great writing style (filled with humor) and explains concepts in such a simple way. I think I've learned all that I needed to learn and I'm just a little disappointed by the fact that I didn't find this book 5 years ago!
Aman Agarwal
Nov 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Didn't agree with a lot of it but very much agreed with the self-development, focusing on your life and mission, and taking responsibility for your own outcome parts of the book. There's a wealth of knowledge but you have to manually filter out the offensive material and auto replace "women" with "people". The book focuses on how women act but I feel like that's just how all people who don't achieve great success act.
Moiz R
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the most essential books for the modern man to read. Please do not be turned away by the lack of ratings on goodreads, this extremely female dominated site. This is one of the most important texts you can get your hands on as a man, period.
Paul C
Apr 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun read with matters going into self reflection and good mental health. It goes on a bit and you can tell it's an evolution of blog posts. It contains some pertinent points that I've found good for my well being.
Ali Ghazi
Jun 10, 2015 rated it liked it
It's kinda hard to get anything useful from this book, it is very radical and challenging to the mainstream belief, good for motivation but it is very easy for an immature reader to read this and turn into a misogynistic and resentful creep.
Jay D
Nov 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Excellently crucial.
Lucian Llgg
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Best Seduction material out there.
outraged
Was directed to this by a friend, and I couldn't get past the first few pages. Not touching this pile of crap again.
Justsomedude
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book is written in unique style, the chapters are made from gist of forums from sosuave. The ideas that the Pook is presenting there are really eye opening. Every man should read this book.
Lukas
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This guy has an idea of how to live.
Josh Smith
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Disregard women, acquire aesthetics, acquire currency, acquire bros, acquire puppies.
Sean
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017
such a fun read however I wish he knew how to spell confidence
Bharath ayyappa
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Probably the best self help book a person can read to understand one self .
Gonçalo Salgado
Oct 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
eheh
Ahmedabdelal
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
was very fun and informing !
Phil Sykora
Jun 28, 2015 rated it liked it
5 stars for zeal and life, 1 star for misogynistic bullshit, of which there's a shocking amount.

• The Rational Male
  • Models: Attract Women Through Honesty
  • No More Mr. Nice Guy
  • The Rational Male – Preventive Medicine
  • The Way of the Superior Man: A Spiritual Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Women, Work, and Sexual Desire
  • The Way of Men
  • The Manipulated Man
  • The Rational Male - Positive Masculinity
  • The Manual: What Women Want and How to Give It to Them
  • Sex God Method
  • The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists
  • How to Be a 3% Man, Winning the Heart of the Woman of Your Dreams
  • The Red Pill Handbook
  • The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime!
  • The Mystery Method: How to Get Beautiful Women Into Bed
  • The Art of Seduction
  • Bronze Age Mindset
  • Bachelor Pad Economics
“You are caught in the vicious cycle. You are hesitant because you are not used for
things going your way. And things will never go your way because you remain
hesitant. You see what you want, become hesitant, and the door of opportunity
closes. It happens again. And again. And again. With each choice towards
Inaction, you reject yourself a little bit more.”
3 likes
“(this also explains the mystery why uneducated men often seem to do BETTER with women than many men with PhDs who are so 'smart' they intellectualized life out of existence).” 2 likes