Start by marking “In His Eyes Anthology (Stories from a Cute Guy)” as Want to Read:
In His Eyes Anthology (Stories from a Cute Guy)

In His Eyes Anthology

(The Guardians #0.5)

Sixteen original short stories, all from the point of view of our favorite male characters. Using prequel short stories and retellings from alternate points of view, these stories peek inside the male characters from the contributors’ novels, giving new insights and sigh worthy moments.

These young adult stories cover a range of genres: paranormal, science fiction, contemp
Published February 14th 2012 (first published February 4th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about In His Eyes Anthology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In His Eyes Anthology

Start your review of In His Eyes Anthology (Stories from a Cute Guy)
S.R. Johannes
Dec 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
what am i going to do - give it less than perfect? Im in it :)
Carla
Feb 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have really struggled with how to review this book because it so such a large collection of different stories. If you love YA, this book definitely has something for you here. I loved meeting all the characters! And I'm sure that it accomplished its purpose, lol, because now I want to read EVERY book that this anthology is based upon....... Thanks Ladies!!! There are really sweet stories all throughout this book. There is no way that I can go into details about every single one so, I am just g ...more
Lauren
Feb 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Since Anthologies are short stories, I really can’t do an in-depth review on each one without ruining the whole plot. So, in honor of “short” stories, I am going to summarize my initial reaction to each story from In His Eyes in 5 words!

Surprise Surprise by Stacey Wallace Benefiel:
What a great Valentines date!

First Kiss or First Kill by C.K. Bryant:
Medicine Mix-up had me laughing.

Shattered by Ali Cross:
She better love him back.

Before by Jessie Harrell:
Who would turn down Eros?

The Qualm Before th
Arla (Leave Mommy Alone)
Feb 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Reading this anthology was fun! It was like speed dating - spending a few minutes with each story and deciding if you like the storyline, characters, the author's writing style and so forth, then deciding if you'd like to pursue it further. Wait. I've never done the speed dating thing, maybe there's some unpleasantness associated with that. Since it was completely enjoyable, let me find a better analogy. Okay, I've got one! It was like going to Baskin Robbins and trying 16 of their 31 flavors. Y ...more
Erin Al-Mehairi
Feb 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Looking for a fun new read for you or a young adult in your life? I wanted to tell you about a new anthology called IN HIS EYES that is just perfect. You can buy it TODAY for Valentine's day!! It's the perfect read to snuggle up to with a box of chocolates, a blanket, and tea. Read on in the blog for information about the collection and authors involved, as well as an exclusive interview about how the anthology came about from one of the authors you won't want to miss!

A wonderful group of writer
Jessica
Jan 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love a good anthology. It's a nice break from novel-length stories and often it gives us a glimpse into stories we may not have read in the past. That was exactly what this book was. It was a wonderful book full of cute love stories and perfect for a Valentine's day read.

One of the things i really loved about this anthology is that we get a little explanation of who we will meet before each story. These are often connected to other stories already available by the author. Links are listed as
Ana
Feb 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a tough review to write. I wish I could tell you about each and every story in this book because they’re great…each one introduces the reader to a new setting, a new group of people and a new adventure.

But I can’t…so I’ll tell you about the overall feelings I got from this book:

I was surprised by how different each story was. Yes, there’s a theme of love that runs through them but the approach to the theme is unique within each tale.

I was captivated by the characters…spies, mermen, gods,

Michelle Cornwell-Jordan
Feb 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
ANTHOLOGY IN HIS EYES...

MIND GAMES BY SUSAN KAYE QUINN

I found this story to be a rare treat. Raf is perfectly drool worthy, but shows kindness and loyalty to his friend, the girl of his dreams. Yep, a complete package this Raf is a keeper:) This is a tantalizing tidbit that makes the reader want more!

GETTING CLOSER by Lisa Nowak

I found this story was a great example to YA, that there is more to it all than whose hot and whose not:) That friendship, caring compassion are great attributes to celeb
Nicola
My review is posted here. ...more
Jessie Harrell
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
another one of the authors checking in -- hope you love everyone's stories too!
Jessirae
Feb 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, for-review
In His Eyes is a quick, easy and lovely read from the first short story to the last. The stories really warms your heart. It’s full of sweet moments of first loves and kisses and even moments of discovering love for the first time.

I enjoyed every single story within the book. Each story was in the point of view of the male perspective which really surprised me. I always struggle to connect with male perspectives, but not this time around. Each male character had a unique voice some may have e
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Jan 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Do you want a book that make you soon with every new chapter? Then this book if for you! When I got this book I knew I was in love and I haven't even started it yet!

This book is filled with great love stories from the guys point of view. You see there emotions, their thoughts, everything that you want in a characters. The love interest go from crushes to full on LOVE!

I also love reading this anthology cause it introduced me to so many other authors that I need to read! I can't believe of how muc
Heather
Jul 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Surprise, Surprise by Stacey Wallace Benefiel, author of Glimpse: Half the women in Melody's family can see the future, which makes it nearly impossible for Raleigh to surprise her. What's a guy to do for Valentine's Day when his girlfriend is always one step ahead of him?
Review-Been wanting to read this series for ages.Review: I found the writing engaging and will defintiely have to get on the story. It was a sweet Valentine's day first date and Raleigh wanted it perfect. He came pretty close!

F
Sandy S
Apr 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
MIND GAMES by Susan K Quinn

MIND GAMES YA (Mindjack Trilogy Prequel) by Susan Kaye Quinn

MIND GAMES (found in the anthology In His Eyes) is the prequel short story to indie author Susan Kaye Quinn’s new Mindjack Trilogy .

Background: Sixteen-year-old Kira Moore is a zero, someone who can't read thoughts or be read by others. Zeros are outcasts who can't be trusted, leaving her no chance with Raf, a regular mindreader and the best friend she secretly loves.

In a world of mindreaders, Kira is an ano
Peni
Dec 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anthology
Please see individual stories for review.
Abigail
Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
I'm not really sure how to go about this review since this anthology is chock full of so many stories by so many authors, so I guess I'm just going to go for an overall view. I liked this in the sense that I got to try out a lot of different authors--some of whose books I have been thinking of trying out--without committing to an entire book. Which worked out splendidly, since I found out I don't like some that I had been thinking of getting, while others I either discovered or confirmed my int ...more
Kereesa
The In His Eyes Anthology is a nice compilation of a variety of short stories, and excerpts from the author's various novels, but told through his eyes.

I like being punny

While I enjoyed most of these, I think I really would've like it more had it featured a more balanced ratio between the small quantity of short stories and the large amount of excerpts. Not knowing who these characters were or having any background made me feel isolated for quite a few of the stories in here. There were a fair
 Mandy - Lace Vintage ♥
Being an anthology I'll just do a generalized review because each story various in length & genre. Whether your Into paranormal, spies, mind reading or Greek mythology there's something for everyone, all stories are YA so if you love YA you will love these. Some stories I liked other I didn't but I really enjoyed having the males point of views (which is basically the whole point of the stories) which some books lack, so having one purely from a males point of view was great & now I have a list ...more
Kristy Mills

In the Beginning - Katie Klein

read - 5/28/2012

This story was the whole reason I was interested in the book. I wanted to see how Seth saw Genesis. But I was sort of annoyed because I thought Carter was represented a little differently in this. I know it was from Seth's point of view, but I thought Carter came off less caring in this. But in the series Carter was very much in love with Genesis, in fact I hate to say it but I sort of liked Carter better than Seth. Once again, I found myself wonderi
Crystal Rafuse
Sep 19, 2013 rated it liked it
This book has a very cool concept. All the stories are written from the point of view of the males, which makes for a neat idea, e being female and all. That being said, the excerpts and such tended to get a little tedious for me after a while. I found myself putting the book down more and more, having lost interest. There were a few stories which I would like to read more about, and will be looking for those series in the future. But, and I don't know if the remainder of the stories were just t ...more
Allie Burke
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The In His Eyes anthology is filled with some beautifully written stories. I loved reading about these characters from the male perspective - which is a rare find, it seems - and enjoyed the fresh take on YA storytelling in each. Every addition in this anthology is superbly written, and some of these shorts were so enticing I was compelled to go out and buy the respective author's novel without a moment's notice. In His Eyes has a bit of everything as far as genres go, and every readable, romant ...more
Rachel Morgan
It was fantastic getting a glimpse inside so many different fictional YA worlds - especially from the guy's perspective! I don't know what it is about reading a story from the boy's POV. Perhaps it's the fact that not many of the books I read are written that way, but I really enjoyed seeing the guy's side of the story!
Trisha
Jan 04, 2013 rated it liked it
This was just a fun and very interesting idea. A little taste of a ton of books, some of them I'd heard of. Others I had no idea the book or the author were out there. These were excerpts of books, pre stories... such a fun mix of everything.

I wish there were more of these compilations out there to try out books or series.
Yekaterina
May 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
Some stories I loved, some not so much. I figured a neutral three star was the way to go. This sucked for me because I really hate starting a book and not finishing it and this anthology forced me to do just that about 8 times. It wasn't bad, some stories were great, but some stories were not catchy or just not my thing.
Dj Acrey
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Interesting Collection!

I have not had the opportunity to read many of the stories that were referenced in this collection, although the pieces did give me a preview of a lot of stories that I might have missed out on had I not read this book, I acquired at least a half dozen new books for my "Want To Read" shelf.
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Very good anthology. Only two of the stories were from books I've read and I really liked them.

Most of the rest made me buy the books so I could read the main story. Two of them were already on my to read list. I definitely say this was worth the read.
Jenn
Aug 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: own-ebook
i enjoyed reading this. i purchased it because i just finished exiled by rashelle workman and saw she wrote a short in it. i liked most of them, a few of them not so much. the ones i did enjoyed, i'm going to buy from the authors that i would have not known about.
Shannon Rodriguez
Dec 31, 2013 rated it liked it
The stories ended up being pretty interesting, but by the time I understood the exact story it was already the end, which bummed me out. I wished I could have read each individual story instead of just parts.
Magan Vernon
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Yeah, so I may have wrote one of the stories and I may be biased, but come on, who wouldn't want to hear the inner thoughts of an alien buying a Valentine's Day gift?

• Give Her Multiple Big-O As Often As You Want: 87 Simple Tips & Tricks to Giving a Woman Full-Body, Mind-Blowing, Explosive Climax Again and Again (Guide To Better Sex Series Book 2)
  • Without Law 4 (Without Law #4)
  • The Last Uprising (Of Sylphs and Elves Book 1)
  • Kingdom Creation System: Volume 1 (A LitRPG Novel)
  • Hope Road
  • The Murder at Sissingham Hall
  • Templar Steel (The Brotherhood #1)
  • Tribe Master
When Shelli was younger, she spent all her time outdoors, hiking, camping and living the Girl Scout Way.

Somewhere along the way, she got away from nature and earned an MBA in Marketing, kicking off an 18-year marketing career in Corporate America.

Eventually, Shelli traded in her expensive suits, high heels, and corporate lingo for a family, flip-flops, and her love of writing. She started her own

The Guardians (3 books)
  • The Guardian (The Guardians, #1)
  • Vendetta (The Guardians, #2)
  • Revelation (The Guardians, #3)

News & Interviews

“For now, I'll let you please temporary amnesia," he said and lifted my chin to him. "But I'm never going to forget what it felt like when you were biting my lip instead of your own." -Trey to Monica, The Only Exception” 2 likes