Start by marking “Lovesick” as Want to Read:
Lovesick

Lovesick

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  67 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
A teenage boy is found on Portland Maine’s Eastern Promenade Trail holding the dead body of his best friend and the murder weapon. Forensic psychologist Lisa Boyers is called in to interview the disturbed young man, and her jailhouse interviews reveal more about her troubled, violent past than she bargained for.
Published June 21st 2012 by PublishingWorks, Inc. (first published October 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Lovesick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lovesick

Heather
Feb 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Last year I read Spencer Seidel’s Dead of Wynter, and I remember thinking that Seidel had promise. I wasn’t as impressed by the book as I’d expected to be, but he’s clearly a good writer. I was looking forward to his future books. So, when I was approached about reviewing Lovesick, I was excited.

I am so glad I said yes! My instincts about Seidel were correct. He is a fantastic writer who grabbed my attention from the very beginning and left me wanting just a little bit more at the end. I’m hopin
Jessica
Feb 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-copy, own
Lovesick is my first Seidel read and I hope not my last. It's a book about a teenage boy found by cops holding his best friends body, in his hand is the murder weapon. Pretty open and shut case, well forensic psychologist Lisa Boyers is brought in to pick the kids brain things get interesting.

This book I blazed through. You know some books that are good but you still plod through them, not this one! I'd start reading and the next thing I know is that 100 pages were gone. I wish I could have rea
Cheryl
Jan 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Paul was just a normal teenager. But what sets a normal person to kill his best friend and lying in his pool of blood. This is exactly where Paul is found when the cops find him.

Dr. Lisa Boyer is contacted by Paul's attorney. Who happens to be an old friend of Lisa's. Paul's attorney wants Lisa to interview Paul and learn the truth about why Paul did what he did. Dr. Boyer agrees but gets more than she bargains for.

I agree with the other readers that this book was seperated into two stories...Pa
Lauren edson-fisher
Jan 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
I found this book rivetting. I am a Spencer Seidel fan after reading Dead of Wynter. I loved this book. This was my first Kindle fire read!
Cheryl
Dec 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011-read
LOVESICK by Spencer Seidel
Published by Publishing Works, Inc.
ISBN-13: 978-1-935557-20-3
ISBN-978-1-935557-51-7
At the request of Meryl L. Moss Media, an ARC TPB was sent, at no cost to me, for my honest opinion.

Synopsis (borrowed from Amazon): Late one night out on the Eastern Promenade Trail in Portland, Maine, the police discover an incoherent teenager sitting in a pool of blood, holding the body of his best friend and the murder weapon. The girl they both love has been missing for weeks.

The k
Allizabeth Collins
May 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Description:

The Portland police discover a gruesome scene on the Eastern Promenade Trail; seventeen year old Paul Ducharme is found cradling the body of his lifeless best friend, Lee Janis, while sitting in a pool of blood. To make matters worse, both men are already suspects in the disappearance of Wendy Trower, a classmate who has been missing for a couple of weeks. But Paul cannot remember what happened in either situation, so his attorney, Rudy Swaner calls on a friend he can trust – forens
Bookworm
Feb 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
About:
After having read Spencer Seidel's Dead of Wynter last year, I jumped at the opportunity to read this latest thrilling novel, Lovesick.

Dr. Lisa Boyers has been called upon an old friend, Attorney Rudy Swaner, to interview seventeen year old Paul Ducharme. Paul is being held for murder charges. He was found in the woods sitting in a pool of his best friend Lee Janise's blood, cradling his body. Added to that, a girl named Wendy Trower has been missing for weeks. These three teens were all
Mona
I received this book as a gift from the author via The Books Machine in exchange for an honest review.

This book has been on my TBR list for a while so I was very excited to get the opportunity to review it. It did NOT disappoint. I was drawn in from the first page and it kept me guessing. Many times, I thought I had it all figured out and many times I was wrong.

Late one evening, police come across a distraught and disoriented young man. The man is covered in blood and has a knife in his hand. C
Crystal
Dec 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked Dead of Wynter but was not as crazy about it as some reviewers, but I was intrigued by Lovesick's blurb so I had to read it. Oh my, I am so glad I did. Mr. Seidel really stepped it up to me. This is a thriller to the max. So much is going on that I did not even realize until I was told and that made it awesome. I won't go into specifics in my review because I don't want to spoil things, but suffice it to say that Mr. Seidel is now on my must-read list.

Lovesick is what I consider a psycho
Paula  Phillips
Feb 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Review: Lovesick - Spencer Seidel - June 2012
Every now and again a favourite genre of mine to read has always been murder mysteries , serial killer novels, pyschological thrillers, legal thrillers . The more fast-paced the better , Lovesick by Spencer Seidel was one of those books that reminded me of a hint of Jack Kerley's Carson Ryder books and Chelsea Cain's Gretchen and Archie novels.
Lovesick tells two stories and normally I don't like this as I have experienced some authors who have writte
Ashley
Feb 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Spencer Seidel’s Lovesick. Just the kind of thriller I love. A troubled girl, missing. Her boyfriend dead, his throat slit. The only suspect? The boyfriend’s best friend, Paul Ducharme, who just happened to love the girl, too. But now, Paul says he can’t remember what happened to Lee that night on the Promenade Trail. And Wendy is still missing. Enter Dr. Lisa Boyers, a forensic psychologist brought in to help Paul recover his memories. Except as Paul recounts more and more, Lisa’s own past come ...more
Beth
Dec 16, 2011 rated it it was ok
LOVESICK by Spencer Seidel is two stories. One is the story of Lisa, a psychologist and former abused wife. The other is the story of Paul, a 17-year-old who is accused of murdering his best friend, Lee, a crime Paul doesn't remember because of a head injury he sustained at the time.

Lisa is working with Paul's attorney to try to help Paul remember the crime. The attorney is a former policeman who worked with and was a friend of Lisa's former husband.

Lisa feels that the best way for Paul to reme
Sheree
Many of my readers know that I'm a fan of suspense thrillers but over the years I've become quite selective and I don't often venture into new author ground. I'm a little conflicted about Lovesick; whilst I enjoyed the plot the execution didn't really grab me, ... the storyline itself kept me turning the pages but the writing felt unpolished.

The plot was engrossing in a morbidly fascinating way. When forensic psychologist Lisa Boyers is called in to assess Paul Ducharme, accused of the murder o
Allison
Feb 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sent-to-review
Lovesick starts off by introducing the reader to Paul, a teenage boy who is found crouched over his best friend Lee's body, covered in blood and holding a weapon. Seems like an open and shut case, right? It's not. Paul claims to have amnesia and not remember what he saw at the crime scene, but never stops proclaiming his innocence. Psychologist Lisa Boyers is brought on board to interview Paul about that night, and she begins unraveling secrets about the victim, Lee, and his girlfriend, Wendy, w ...more
Kristi (Books and Needlepoint)
I read this book in one sitting! I had to know who had done it! The story is told by Paul and he is relating his history with Wendy and Lee to Dr. Lisa Boyers. She has been hired by an attorney to help evaluate Paul and see if she can get him to remember the events leading up to the night he is found with Lee's body. Because he is the one telling the story, it is told in chunks as they only have a couple of hours a day to meet.

There is plenty going on in between those times though! Lisa's past,
Star
Apr 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Dr. Lisa Boyers is a forensic psychologist who has helped on many cases for the police. But when she gets a call from an old friend, she's not sure if she should take the case. There are too many similarities to her own past and she doesn't want her involvement publicized. Paul was found next to his best friend's body with no recollection of what happened that night and the girl they both love is missing. It's up to Lisa to walk Paul through the events from the beginning of his relationship with ...more
Kristin (Kritters Ramblings)
A book that is more than a suspenseful who dun it. This book begins with one friend dead, one friend missing, and one friend in jail with the police assuming that he had orchestrated the entire scene. But did he. With this main story there is one underneath that involves the forensic psychologist who is asked to interview the suspect and get to the bottom of the story. These two plotlines were intertwined so well, that the reader was able to effortlessly flow from one story to the other.

You fall
Kai
Jan 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
From the cover of Lovesick, I wouldn't have given it a second glance but the blurb was worth looking into. I have enjoy reading Lovesick. It has two stories. One is about a murder in a love triangle and the other is about the character Dr. Lisa Boyers' past. From the beginning of the story, the reader will wonder if this is a love triangle murder. Did Paul killed his best friend Lee over Wendy? or Did Wendy killed Lee and framed Paul for the murder? The ending is shocking.

As I approached the mi
Angela Simmons
A friend of mine (who has exquisite literary tastes) highly recommend Spencer Seidel’s debut novel, Dead of Wynter, (which I loved) so when I received the opportunity to review Lovesick I immediately knew I had to read this book.

I should start out by saying that Lovesick is more like two stories in one book and while I had hoped that both would be equally intriguing that was not to be. I found myself highly interested in Paul’s story while I had to force myself to focus on Lisa’s story.

Lovesic
Serena
Feb 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Lovesick by Spencer Seidel (available in ebook now, and paperback in June 2012) is a crime thriller with a psychological twist. Dr. Lisa Boyers is a forensic psychologist and she agrees to assess Paul Ducharme, whose now infamous murder of his best friend Lee on the Eastern Promenade Trail in Portland is gaining national attention. Boyers is brought closer to her past than she’s comfortable with when a former friend, Rudy Swaner, asks for her help on his case. Boyers and Swaner tap dance around ...more
Trish
Dec 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, mystery
A thoroughly gripping tale that begins with teenager Paul Ducharme being found kneeling over the dead body of his friend, Lee Janis. Initially, Paul cannot remember how he got there, and no one seems to know where Wendy Trower, Lee’s girlfriend and Paul’s friend and love interest, has disappeared to.

The truth of what really happened between Paul and Lee and Wendy is told primarily through a series of interviews between Paul and Dr. Lisa Boyers, a forensic psychologist with her own troubled past.
Carol Harlow
Feb 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Lovesick is a very intense mystery thriller. Seidel starts the book out by describing the scene of a very bloody murder. Then Seidel plays back through the events leading up to the murder. It all starts out in a small town in Maine and the lives the seeming normal townsfolk are exposed in this story. Seidel is very graphic in his descriptions of the things that go on behind closed doors such as perversion and domestic violence. This book does contain strong violence and adult themes as you follo ...more
Kiki
Sep 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Author done a great job with keeping the story going as it was quite lengthy. The doctor/forensic psychologist personal connection with the victim was quite intriguing. The most enjoyable character had to be Lee although he never really was developed. Actually, none of the characters really developed in the traditional sense of development as it seemed to be more along the lines of self discovery.
Mark Speed
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
I've read some of Spencer Seidel's work before, and he delivers brilliantly again in this novel. He cleverly pieces together a complex story of past and current relationship abuse and domestic violence using multiple story threads. The author has clearly done a lot of research, and the characters and situations are frightening real as a result.
Bonnie Colvert
Jan 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is almost two stories in one, but they entwined perfectly. A killer who doesn't remember or does he, a he loves her and she loves him love triangle, a doctor with buried past secrets amd troubles of her own. This is a story of three young friends growing up together and the terrible secrets that they hide.
Matthew Gregg
Jul 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well done sophmore effort by Seidel! Twisted and twisty--maybe too much so--but all in all a quick, page turner (oh well I read it on Kindle but whatever) that kept me guessing ( I guessed correctly a bit to often, but who cares) and most of all KEPT ME READING! That's all I ask for in a novel.
Tom Regan
Feb 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Terrific twisting thriller.
Ashley Irby
Dec 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I could not stop reading this! Fast-paced - & a great plot-twist that I didn't see coming. A must-read!
Marilyn
Jul 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

Good

the people who teach in schools are usually good people but there are evil abuse people every where.the physically abuse is horrible.
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Need cover updated 16 36 Mar 26, 2015 11:48AM
  • Sex. Murder. Mystery. (True Crime box set)
  • Purified
  • Seeking Vengeance
  • The Card Counter
  • Acts of Honor
  • Drift Away (Noah Braddock, #4)
  • Bird Brained (Rachel Porter, #3)
  • Betrayed
  • Night Game
  • Caliber Detective Agency Case Files 1-6
  • The Sausage Maker's Daughters
  • Abduction (A Shefford-Johnson Case, #1)
  • Came a Shadow
  • Come Monday (Jake Sullivan Series, #1)
  • Fatal Error
  • Lifting the Lid (Lifting the Lid, #1)
  • Blood and Roses
  • Plugged Nickel (Detective Joe Denali series)
Spencer Seidel lives and works in suburban New Jersey but has also called Washington, D.C., Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and Portland, Maine home. He is an honors graduate of Fairleigh Dickinson University and attended the Berklee College of Music to study guitar, which he has been playing for over 25 years. His love of reading and books began as a child after discovering Roald Dahl’s Charlie and ...more
More about Spencer Seidel

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Wrong Man
    $9.49 $1.99
  • What You Don't Know
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The River Is Dark (Liam Dempsey, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • When They Come for You (Harper McDaniel #1)
  • Murder at Bray Manor : a cozy historical mystery
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Every Single Secret
  • Name of the Devil: A Jessica Blackwood Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Night Crew (Sean Drummond, #7)
  • The Music of the Deep
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adventuress (Lady Emily, #10)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer Children (The Collector, #3)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Good Twin
    $5.99 $2.99
  • An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Speed of Sound (Speed of Sound Thrillers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Bones (Shetland Island, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Bourne Initiative (Jason Bourne, #14)
  • The Good Neighbor
  • Under an English Heaven: An Ellie Kent Mystery
  • Pretty Girls Dancing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Swansong (DI Nick Dixon #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Cold Day For Murder (Kate Shugak #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Have His Carcase (Lord Peter Wimsey #8)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
  • Casino: Love and Honor in Las Vegas
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Mr. Timothy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
  • The Memory Closet
  • What Lies Below
  • Silent Child
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Pleasantville
    $12.49 $1.99
  • Paragon Walk (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #3)
    $11.99 $1.99