Start by marking “NLP at Work: The Essence of Excellence” as Want to Read:
NLP at Work: The Essence of Excellence

NLP at Work: The Essence of Excellence

This major new edition of Sue Knight's bestselling book NLP at Work has been extensively revised and updated, with an emphasis on the heart of NLP - becoming a model of excellence.

In addition to a new slant to every chapter, there are three new chapters on the key things that make the biggest difference for the greatest results:
Humour: enabling you to stand back and see
Published (first published November 10th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about NLP at Work, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about NLP at Work

Start your review of NLP at Work: The Essence of Excellence
Loy Machedo
Jan 18, 2012 rated it liked it
After having studied NLP for quite some time, including going through hands-on training programs under two very unique & different NLP Training Master Practitioners, I guess I can contribute a few thoughts about this book.

The 3 bits I loved:
- Very simple, easy to understand and put across in laymans terms
- Lots of examples, anecdotes, references and assignments given after every chapter
- Extremely detailed with nothing left to vagueness or skipped out

The 3 bits I didnt like:
- This is not a
Moffat Machingura
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the book that introduced me to Neuro-Linguistic Programing.(And made me study for a psychology degree six (6) years late)!

Sue Knight has the skill to simplify all the NLP aspects including modelling, maintaining rapport and perception. she uses practical examples, of which she generously dares to be among the examples, illustrating how she has applied NLP at work and in her marriage relationship and achieved logically incredible results.

To be honest, i love NLP at Work. It is a must
David Ferrers
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nlp, how-to, influences
Sue Knight is an exceptional teacher and inspiration for those of us in the NLP community. The latest edition of NLP at Work is a great improvement on the previous edition I owned. Many of the lessons have been made clearer and easier to implement. This edition shows that she continues to learn and to practice what she teaches. A great place to learn about NLP and to practice what you have learned.
Robyn
May 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Am busy reading at the moment. Excellent book about Neuro Linguistic Programming, the way we think, how to communicate in every way possible. Excellence of the individual. Well worth reading.
Peter Peerdeman
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sue's book on NLP is extensive, covers all the basics of NLP and then some. I've attended one of her courses and read this book before attending the second course. I'm really glad I got to practice and learn NLP. The book is filled with examples and stories that help elaborate the theory. It is not light reading, especially because of the excercises that are added to each of the chapters. A definite recommendation for anyone looking to identify and change their own and others limiting beliefs!
Brigitte
May 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
This is practical and there are some insights into how to work with others and there are things that you can work on. It's a bit difficult as a read on the commute as you can't actually sit and practice most of it. I've gained some insights but I don't think that I really absorbed much. Interesting read and I'll be looking more into NLP.
Mark Cottier
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommended for people starting out in NLP.
This is a practical book, the techniques of which I have integrated into my people management and coaching at work.
David Roberts
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The book I read to research this post was NLP At Work by Sue Knight which is an excellent book which I bought from a local secondhand bookstore. This book is very much a hands on guide to making the most of NLP or neuro linguistic programming with a slant towards towards using it in connection with work. NLP is based on the principle that if you take someone who is skilled at something and study how they do it in every detail you can become just as good at it. An example is someone was always ...more
Federico
Oct 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Good book. It explains Neuro-Linguistic Programming in a practical way (with exercises and examples), giving advices that can be used in the business and in the daily life. I widely used this book for my dissertation and I just loved it! Suggested to whom is not a psychologist and wants to know more about NLP.
Syed Irfan
I am very fan of Sue Knight because she has presented the basic NLP information in a very unique and easy way. Then applied it to business and job. Great work. I highly recommend every professional to read this book.
Haghia lubis
Nov 18, 2012
Larry Mccomb
Oct 01, 2015
Christina Hodges
May 19, 2017
Gerard Chiva
Mar 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good in order to get introduced to NLP. Lots of interesting advice for coaches.
Bamidele Busari
Oct 17, 2014
Sara
Aug 17, 2017
Jacob Achenbach
rated it did not like it
Nov 16, 2014
Arun
Dec 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
nlp in 21 days 1 1 May 06, 2017 02:20AM

• Coaching for Performance: GROWing Human Potential and Purpose - the Principles and Practice of Coaching and Leadership (People Skills for Professionals)
  • Why Are We Yelling?: The Art of Productive Disagreement
  • Triggers: Creating Behavior That Lasts—Becoming the Person You Want to Be
  • What Got You Here Won't Get You There: How Successful People Become Even More Successful
  • Achieving Emotional Literacy
  • #AskGaryVee: One Entrepreneur's Take on Leadership, Social Media, and Self-Awareness
  • Taming Your Gremlin: A Surprisingly Simple Method for Getting Out of Your Own Way
  • The Art of Possibility
  • The Heart of the Buddha's Teaching: Transforming Suffering into Peace, Joy, and Liberation
  • The Rules of People
  • The Fear Index
  • Imagine It Forward: Courage, Creativity, and the Power of Change
  • The Art of Reading Minds: How to Understand and Influence Others Without Them Noticing
  • The Elman Induction: Unpacking the Theory and Practice of One of the Most Popular Hypnotic Inductions in the World (The Inductions Masterclass Book 3)
  • Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms
  • The Hypnotist and the Magician: A Guide to Street Hypnosis and Mentalism
  • Your Brain at Work: Strategies for Overcoming Distraction, Regaining Focus, and Working Smarter All Day Long
  • Mindsight: The New Science of Personal Transformation

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »

News & Interviews

“When everything around us may seem to challenge who we are, we need to know how to find certainty within ourselves about what we want and what we believe.” 0 likes
“We need to know how to find the excellence that is within us all and to celebrate it with every part of our heart and soul.” 0 likes