Start by marking “The Destiny of a Few (Destiny Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Destiny of a Few (Destiny Trilogy, #2)

The Destiny of a Few (The Destiny Trilogy #2)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  39 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
On her quest to find the crown prince, Maria Morris faces an abundance of obstacles. Now a marked Christian, it will be difficult and dangerous for her to travel. The USF follows her every move. (as the vibrating chip in her arm irritatingly reminds her.) Yet knowing all of this, Maria puts her trust in God and, with the help of a few new friends, refuses to give up her mi ...more
Paperback, 1st, 227 pages
Published December 17th 2011 by Lulu Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Destiny of a Few, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Destiny of a Few

Kate Willis
Aug 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, sci-fi
Hooray for getting to continue this series! I was hoping to get to see more of Maria’s world, and I was not disappointed! (Can I just say that all of the names were beyond beautiful?! Corateda, Centaur, Nymph Sea, that’s what I’m talking about!) I also liked the glimpses of farm life. Maria is such a unique heroine. She’s capable, feminine, and practical (almost to a fault). :D And MY PILOT! He was in this one a little bit. Yay, yay, yay. Of all the characters, he comes the most alive.

One of th
Claire Banschbach
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it

Maria is back and ready to complete her mission from book 1. I think the pace was faster than the first book. We get to meet more characters after Maria and Winter get into trouble. They were all very interesting characters. I even came around to liking Winter a little bit even though she really annoyed me, as I'm sure was the intent. :P I was happy when Quint showed back up though. :)

It's a fun continuation of the sci-fi series, and I'm looking forward to getting into book 3 to see ho
Nicole
Mar 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An excellent sequel! The Destiny of a Few was every bit as exciting as I was told (or had read) that it would be! Sarah did a wonderful job of continuing the story of Maria, revisiting old friends & introducing new ones, creating scenarios that will make you laugh with joy, wince in pain, or growl in frustration over the pages! I look forward to reading book 3: The Destiny of a Galaxy, and discovering how this exciting trilogy comes to a close.

Thank you, Sarah, for a wonderful clean read!
Deborah
Oct 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED IT SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!! =D This series is so amazing so far. I need more of Quint though. ;)
Erika Mathews
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Interesting and realistic. I've wanted to read this book for a while but didn't until I located and read my temporarily misplaced copy of the first book. I thought Maria's struggles with giving up dragged on a bit long, and I figured out the clue long before she did - but it was still a good read. I just kept wondering when she was going to put all the obvious pieces together and how a smart girl like her had missed them so long. Character development was excellent. Maria's bravery despite her f ...more
Tarissa
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun sequel to The Destiny of One!

The big thing I like about this book is that the Maria Morris's destiny is growing. It's not just about her being able to complete a mission she's been given, but that she has reliable friends who also take their part in the destiny. Actually, Maria doesn't quite see it like this through some of the plot, but the reader knows. When people start getting hurt because of her actions in trying to complete the mission, her faith in the big plan falters. Her head is
Raechel
Jun 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
In The Destiny of a Few, we get to continue with Maria on her journey in discovering - and following - her destiny. In this book, that means quite a bit of travel and adventures to discover the Crown Prince.
I liked the emphasis put on how sometimes we will go through perilous things but God will always have a bigger plan and purpose for everything and is always in control.
We didn't get to hang out with Quint quite as much as the first, but we did get to meet a couple new characters. Winter was a
Rachelle Cobb
Aug 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What I Loved

Just as with The Destiny of One, Sarah's latest installment in the story of Maria Morris's adventures is packed full of action and intrigue. I love a good book with a twisting, turning plot and The Destiny of One delivers!

Also, the characters are real, believable, with moments of victory and moments when they don't think they can go on. In The Destiny of A Few , Maria must stay one step ahead of the USF, who are intent on sustaining the openly anti-Christian government. With help fro
Kelsey Bryant
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this book very quickly ... I just didn't want to stop. The twists it took really kept me guessing. The message, like the first book’s, was inspiring, as was Maria’s courage. It picked up seamlessly from The Destiny of One. It was exciting to meet entirely new characters; they were individual and well-drawn, and I loved watching the major ones change, mature, and turn out differently than I expected. The new places and planets were so interesting! The adventure was, if possible, even highe ...more
Morgan
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
There are a lot of typos in this book, however, I enjoyed the story enough to easily forgive this. My biggest complaint about The Destiny of a Few is that Quint is absent from the middle of the book. I liked Maria a lot more in this book, and felt like the danger element had increased. The cast of characters is larger, and introduces Winter De Wimple. She kind of annoyed me at first, as she did Maria, but I came to like her by the end. She also made me aware of how often I insert "like" into my ...more
bird
Jun 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Woohoo! I could not wait for this book to come out. It turned out even better then the first. And the third? It blew my mind! Honestly, I didn't think that Sarah could top her first book but she proved me wrong. This is a book filled with adventure, humor, trials, and triumphs. My siblings and I really enjoyed this book and I highly encourage you to pick a copy up. Well done Sarah well done! :)
Kendra Ardnek
After reading the first book of the series, I despaired of ever getting to know what happened next. While the first had only been 99 cents, and I had been able to buy it with a gift card, I had other books on my list of want to buy that were higher priorities.

But I put them on my wishlist and to my surprise and delight, the author, with whom I had been chatting with back and forth, sent me the kindle versions of the next two books. Needless to say, I gobbled them down.

Book two begins right where
Ivy Rose
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
(Note: This is more of a series review than a review of the individual books.)

When I saw that the first book of the Destiny Trilogy was available for download on kindle for free, I figured I could give it a try.
Wow.
The first book, The Destiny of One, was quite good, but it wasn’t hard to see that it was the author’s first book. There were a lot of things that could have been improved. Even so, I loved the story, and was eager to read book two, The Destiny of a Few. The writing improved 50% in b
Amanda Leite
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Destiny Trilogy has become one of my favorite series by far. In the first book, I felt for Maria and her feelings of not knowing what to do. But as soon as disaster hit, Maria was able to follow God’s will for her life and the adventure began.

In this book, Maria is halfway through her mission, she has the crown jewels and is now on a dangerous mission to find the crown prince. The adventure, the danger, and epic plot twists had me surprised and on the edge of my seat throughout the book. I t
Mikayla
Maria now knows what the next part of her destiny is; to find the lost prince. But how? When Maria travels across the Galaxy in her search for the lost prince, she also finds new friends, and dangers along the way. But will she find the lost prince before the government finds her?

For most series you read the middle book is inevitably where nothing happens. That's not true with these books. This book is not just a boring way to get to book three in the series, this was an awesome adventure all on
Allison Hawbaker
Mar 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Another enjoyable book by Sarah Holman.

The story was very interesting and kept me going but I ran into a lot of typos again and one particular character says "like" and "You know" excessively. Though I understand the author was trying to show her slang and maybe portray her as annoying, it feels very forced.
Even so, the characters are believable and loveable, the situations exciting, and the message good. The story is a page turner, I didn't want to put it down and I would have read it a lot qui
Esther Filbrun
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-review
Too interesting, couldn't stop reading it. Somehow managed to finish it yesterday AND get some work done, too, but it was a struggle. Good story. Will be writing a full review soon.
Jessica
Jan 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
this one is even better than the first book! The adventure just kept going. I didn't want to put it down. Thank you, Sarah Holman, for another clean, Christian, kid friendly, adventure!
Margie Cool
Jun 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
Really bad. My friends said it was okay and I tried it but I couldn't get through, like 40 pages. Ugh. Just Christian tripe.
Alice
Jul 31, 2017
Brie Donning
Feb 02, 2016
Erica Speare
rated it did not like it
Jun 29, 2013
Katie Grace
Feb 19, 2014
Rose
Aug 23, 2012
Tom Harris
Oct 02, 2017
Sarah Holman is a not so typical mid-twenties girl: A homeschool graduate and sister to six awesome siblings. If there is anything adventuresome about her life, it is because she serves a God with a destiny bigger than anything she could have imagined.
More about Sarah Holman...

The Destiny Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Destiny of One (Destiny Trilogy, #1)
  • The Destiny of a Galaxy (Destiny Trilogy #3)