Start by marking “Choque de reyes (Canción de hielo y fuego, #2)” as Want to Read:
Choque de reyes (Canción de hielo y fuego, #2)

Choque de reyes

(A Song of Ice and Fire #2)

4.41  ·  Rating details ·  716,832 ratings  ·  22,615 reviews
La novela río más espectacular jamás escrita
En un mundo cuyas estaciones pueden durar decenios y en el que retazos de una magia inmemorial y
olvidada surgen en los rincones más sombríos y maravillosos, la traición y la lealtad, la compasión y la sed
de venganza, el amor y el poder hacen del juego de tronos una poderosa trampa que atrapará en sus fauces a
los personajes... y a
Hardcover, Edición de Lujo, 921 pages
Published November 2011 by Gigamesh (first published November 16th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Choque de reyes, please sign up.
Gbolahan I just want to say a big "thank you" to the people who ACTUALLY answered Layne's questions of "is it true and which characters?" It's so refreshing to…moreI just want to say a big "thank you" to the people who ACTUALLY answered Layne's questions of "is it true and which characters?" It's so refreshing to see some people still know how to give simple answers to simple questions, without giving their UNSOLICITED opinions or judgements.
THAT said, I'll answer the question when I'm done reading the second book in the series. I don't remember any gay relations in Book One. There was incest though (less)
Christopher Peruzzi I think he has legitimate issues. He's constantly gotten the short end of the stick. Anyone who's come from a family with multiple siblings can…moreI think he has legitimate issues. He's constantly gotten the short end of the stick. Anyone who's come from a family with multiple siblings can understand. While Robert rightly won the six kingdoms (with Stannis' help), he got a small island kingdom, a wife he's wed for political reasons, and has gotten passed on another kingdom. Plus HAVE YOU SEEN HIS WIFE?!! The description of a sharp-tonged homely woman with big ears and a growing mustache is enough to make you miserable. Donal Noye nailed the three brothers perfectly - "Robert was pure steel. Stannis was iron - black and hard and strong, but brittle the way iron gets. He'll break before he bends. And Renly, that one, he's copper. Bright and shiny and pretty to look at but not worth all that much at the end of the day." (less)

·  716,832 ratings  ·  22,615 reviews

Cassy
This isn’t going to be a cutesy review. I am well into the third book. I fear that if I don’t blurt out my thoughts about this one soon, then all the books in the series are going to meld together in my memory. Here are my three main impressions:

1. Bleak, dreary, and dismal

Don’t expect any happiness in this book. Martin is merciless with his characters. And if you do see a bright light, don’t trust it. One character learned she won’t have to marry an abusive, horrible guy. She and I were elated.
Reynje

Instead of writing a review, I'm just going to post a list of the facial expressions I made while reading this book:

However... I feel this one most accurately sums up A Clash of Kings:

karen
Jun 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WINTERFELLLLLLL!!

obey your nerds. is what i am learning.srsly - i was never going to read this series, but once i started... it is like a drug. and - yes - i watched season two before i read this book, but i am not going to wait for seasons 3-4 to read the next one, no way, because i am hooked and I MUST KNOW! and if any one of you people spoils the third book for me, i am going to make one of those torture devices with the bucket, the rat, and the torch, and it is bye-bye stomach for you!

i see
Melissa Rudder
Mar 31, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Melissa by: Steve
It was right about at the beginning of George R. R. Martin’s A Clash of Kings, the second book in his A Song of Ice and Fire series, that I admitted to myself that I wanted to quit my job and everything else in my life so I could stay home and read all day. I resisted the urge. I’m still not quite sure if I made the right decision.

You think you know someone, and then you read the second book about her. (Or him. Though, for the most part, the changes of the hers were more exciting for me in this
Jayson
(A-) 83% | Very Good
Notes: So much tension builds from uncertainty. Nearly everyone is helpless, and so the resolution is always unpredictable.
Nick
description

You can find the full review and more about this book on my blog!

description

I HAVE NO WORDS,just as the first one,perfection.After Game of Thrones ending,with the head on the spike and the naked mother of dragons with her dragons in her body,you can imagine my level of excitement.I recall reading this in 6 days,and I am proud about that.For my opinion the first one was better than this,but still this one was almost as enjoyable as the first.

description

My favorite is Daenerys Targaryen,I just like to read about her an
John Wiswell
Jun 04, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If long Fantasy stories have fundamental rules, they probably go like this: 1) create a rich world, 2) put interesting characters in it, and 3) mix up some sequence of interesting things happening around them, happening to them, and being done by them. Martin’s first novel in this series, A Game of Thrones, fulfilled all three swimmingly. He forged one of the deepest Fantasy realms since Tolkien, with a mythology, culture and history. He spun characters of a few key families and then scattering ...more
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Re-Read

I freaking finished it! I have to admit I have watched, well own the boxsets, of all the shows up to the current one. I can't watch is because I don't have HBO! But I digress. There really isn't much more that I can say that hasn't already been said etc and so on. I will just add a few excerpts and some pictures and some thoughts. That stuff.

I love Jon Snow It seems like he didn't have much in the book. A few of the characters I love didn't have a lot of stuff going on in this book. But
mark monday
Everyone seems to agree that George R.R. Martin and A Song of Ice and Fire are titans in the genre of Epic Fantasy. True, true.

Everyone also seems to agree that the best characters are Tyrion, Arya, and Jon Snow. They are indeed wondrous characters. They are heroes. They fail many times, but in a way they are infallible: they are so incredibly sympathetic, they are always trying to do the right thing, they have kindness & empathy & bravery & loyalty. In fact nearly every voice in th
Matthew
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, own, 2018, fantasy
I finished this book on the cusp of New Year's Eve 2018 into 2019. At the time, I was too ready to party so I delayed my review. Now, on January 1st, I am recovered and ready!

A solid 4 stars - action, world building, interesting characters, political intrigue, etc.

I am not quite sure how this book is so big yet so little happens. Sure, a lot of things do occur, but if you take everyone's individual story line, it's only 3 or 4 chapters spread out over 1000 pages. In addition to this, much of the
Petrik
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Epic fantasy fans
Shelves: owned-ebooks
4.5/5 stars

A Clash of Kings was a brilliant sequel that brought the spotlight of the series to one of the most well-written characters in fantasy: Tyrion Lannister.

A Clash of Kings is the second book in A Song of Ice and Fire saga by George R. R. Martin. The main story in this sequel mainly revolves around the multiple kings of Westeros battling in full force for the right to sit in the Iron Throne. This, however, is just scratching the surface of the story. Martin built upon everything he has e
Candace
Whew! Another one down. These have got to be some of the longest audiobooks that I've ever listened to. Yet, despite the length, I cannot pull myself away from this series. I am completely hooked on this sordid and gory saga.

The second book in the series, 'A Clash of Kings' picks up the story and submerges readers in action and adventure. With all of the new kings coming forward to lay claim to different lands and all of the battles, I found myself again, lost at times. There are so many moving
Sean Barrs the Bookdragon
This is the Imp’s hour; this is the Imp’s book. Forget about Dany, and forget about Jon Snow because this is the book where we get to see the true quality of Tyrion Lannister.

description

Tyrion is my favourite character in this series, so I’m somewhat biased in my review. For me, he is the most unique, and original, character that George R.R Martin has written. He is wise beyond his years and has developed an acute perception of things; he knows his own place in the world and he knows exactly what it is. I
Kai
Apr 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-buy, 2015
“Crowns do queer things to the heads beneath them.”

So. Many. Pages. But I did it! It was a great read, but less satisfying than A Game of Thrones . I'm not entirely sure why, but I think the many Kings and their battles were a little tiring.

So here are the many POVs, starting with the chapters I liked the most down to the ones I didn't:

Tyrion - Unexpected turns, witty and intruiging
Daenerys - New unknown lands and strange magic, dragons!
Arya - Danger, Jaqen H'ghar, and many different faces
Sansa
Matt
Jun 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
“Ashore, the arms of the great trebuchets rose one, two, three, and a hundred stones climbed high into the yellow sky. Each one was as large as a man’s head; when they fell they sent up great gouts of water, smashed through oak planking, and turned living men into bone and pulp and gristle. All across the river the first line was engaged. Grappling hooks were flung out, iron rams crashed through wooden hulls, boarders swarmed, flights of arrows whispered through each other in the drifting smoke, ...more
Raeleen Lemay
Apr 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, adult-fiction, 2019
GOOD BOOK but I don't give a shit about Stannis
Lyn
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
George R.R. Martin demonstrates in Clash of Kings, his second Song of Ice and Fire novel, that he is the American J.R.R. Tolkien.

Raymond Richard, born in New Jersey, differs from Ronald Reuel, born in what is now South Africa, in many ways, but their fantastic world building is what puts them in a class with few others. If any.

While Tolkien’s Middle Earth is more poetic and his language more lyric, Martin’s Westeros and Essos is more adult (by far), and with more graphic violence and sex. More m
Charlotte May
"Power resides where men believe it resides. No more and no less."

If A Game of Thrones was the introduction to the characters, setting the scene for the later trials and conflicts; then A Clash of Kings is the angrier, battle fuelled brother.

Four men strive to take the Iron Throne from the newest King currently sat on it. All the while Daenerys is over in the east with her Khalasar looking for ships and growing more famous as the Mother of Dragons day by day.

We are introduced to the new religi
Emily May
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, 2019
By far the two biggest adjustments I've had to make going into these books after watching the TV show are:

1) Reimagining major characters and war leaders as children (they benefited from being a few years older, IMO. 13/14 year olds leading armies is odd, regardless of how "medieval-inspired" your fantasy setting is.)

And 2) Realizing that my beloved Tyrion is actually a creep. Peter Dinklage brought so much charm to the character, but in the book his constant obsession with his cock, plus the w
Jayson

Reading in progress...
Ryan
Sep 06, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While reading A Clash of Kings for the second time, it struck me that George R.R. Martin makes writing fantasy seem insultingly effortless. At first glance, Martin hardly bothers to do more than sketch his characters, yet they become legends so quickly.

For example, Quorin Halfhand is a brother in the Night's Watch. He eats an egg and has perhaps five lines, but he is a character that readers will find difficult to forget. Why is he called "halfhand?" Well, he lost all but the thumb and an index
Melanie
1.) A Game of Thrones ★★★★★

#readASOIAF Read-Along - Hosted by Riley from Riley Marie, Elizabeth from Liz Loves Literature, and Kayla from BOOKadoodles. ♥

Well, no one said this title was misleading. When GRRM named this A Clash of Kings he couldn't have been more right. This review will contain SPOILERS! Please refrain from reading if you have not read this book or its predecessor, A Game of Thrones.

So, we have the king sitting on the Iron Throne, Joffrey. We have Theon's father crowing himself
Ahmad Sharabiani
A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire #2), George R.R. Martin
A Clash of Kings is the second novel in A Song of Ice and Fire, an epic fantasy series by American author George R. R. Martin expected to consist of seven volumes. It was first published on 16 November 1998 in the United Kingdom. Like its predecessor, A Game of Thrones, it won the Locus Award (in 1999) for Best Novel and was nominated for the Nebula Award (also in 1999) for best novel.
A Clash of Kings depicts the Seven Kingdoms of
Madeline
May 01, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
"Kill your darlings" is a popular piece of advice given in creative writing classes - it's the concept that you shouldn't ever be afraid to take drastic and destructive action on your precious baby of a novel in order to move the plot forward or improve the story. George RR Martin should be held up as the gold standard of this rule, since his books might as well come labeled with a giant "Don't Get Too Attached" warning. It isn't just major and beloved characters (Eddard Stark, you will be aveng ...more
Becky
I know what you're thinking... "Only 4 stars??!" Yeah. I shall tell you why.

First, because getting to the halfway mark of this book took me 11 days. In my edition, which was 807 pages of book, that's about 400 pages. I read more than half that just today, so 11 days is a LONG time for me to get into a story.

Secondly, because so much of this book felt like set up and maneuverings and I was ready for stuff to happen! A Game of Thrones had me on the edge of my seat almost from the word "go", and
Dan Schwent
Jess☺️
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Clash Of Kings by George R.R. Martin is the fantastic continuing story of A Game of Thrones.
This book is slightly longer than the first with a few added main characters (which means there are a few more people I would love to behead and spike myself 😉) There's just as much back stabbing, gore and a few shocks along the way.
The plot to this story just keeps getting better and better and continues to be easy to follow.
The anticipation for the big ending slowly builds from the first pages to the
James Trevino
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This might be my favorite book in the entire series. If the first book is more of an introduction to George Martin's cruel world, A CLASH OF KINGS is a straight up feats of nastiness (and goodiness because, you know, the books is perfect).

Shit starts to go down really fast (or as fast as it can go for a 800 pages book). We see Arya starting to become a badass, Tyrion being just as badass as before, Daenerys becoming a badass b**ch and, my favorite, Robb being the one to rule them all. So overall
Hasham Rasool
There are two new characters: Davos Seaworth and Theon Greyjoy.

I like this book but personally, I prefer the first book, 'A Game of Thrones' than this book.

A Clash of Kings is my least favourite book of A Song of Ice and Fire.

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • The Handmaid's Tale
  • Lord of the Flies
  • His Dark Materials (His Dark Materials #1-3)
  • The White Luck Warrior (Aspect-Emperor, #2)
  • The Hedge Knight (The Tales of Dunk and Egg, #1)
  • BookRags Summary:  A Storm of Swords
  • A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet, #1)
  • The Heroes (First Law World, #5)
  • Shadows Linger (The Chronicles of the Black Company, #2)
  • Memories of Ice (Malazan Book of the Fallen, #3)
  • Season of Mists (The Sandman, #4)
  • Watership Down (Watership Down, #1)
  • Fool's Fate (Tawny Man, #3)
  • Throne of Jade (Temeraire, #2)
  • Evil for Evil (Engineer Trilogy, #2)
  • Quest for Lost Heroes (The Drenai Saga, #4)
George R.R. Martin was born September 20, 1948, in Bayonne, New Jersey. His father was Raymond Collins Martin, a longshoreman, and his mother was Margaret Brady Martin. He has two sisters, Darleen Martin Lapinski and Janet Martin Patten.

A Song of Ice and Fire (7 books)
  • A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)
  • A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3)
  • A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4)
  • A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5)
  • The Winds of Winter (A Song of Ice and Fire, #6)
  • A Dream of Spring (A Song of Ice and Fire, #7)
“People often claim to hunger for truth, but seldom like the taste when it's served up.” 2101 likes
“I will hurt you for this. I don't know how yet, but give me time. A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid.” 1907 likes