Start by marking “Predestined (Existence Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Predestined (Existence Trilogy, #2)

Predestined

(Existence Trilogy #2)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  35,640 ratings  ·  1,512 reviews
You would think after helping save her boyfriend from an eternity in Hell that things would go back to normal. Well, as normal as life can be when you can see souls and your boyfriend is Death. But for Pagan Moore, things are just getting weirder.

The high school quarterback and reigning heartthrob, Leif Montgomery, is missing. While the town is in a frenzy of worry, Pagan
Published March 29th 2012 (first published March 26th 2012)

·  35,640 ratings  ·  1,512 reviews

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
I didn't like Predestine as much as book 1. I didn't like the voodoo lord plot of the story at all. I found it boring and I thought that the bad guys came off lame. I still enjoyed Pagan and Dank. If I didn't like Dank's name in book 1 I hated his full name when we readers find out in this book is Dankmar. My heart broke for Wyatt and his GF Miranda. I hope the next read is better than this one because this one was just okay!
Sylvia
I am completely and utterly blown away by this book! It's bloody brilliant and extremely unforgettable. Seriously Abbi Glines you really know how to keep a reader captivated! Ok first of all I have to say that I won this ARC ebook from Abbi Glines herself and I want to thank her for the fantastic gift and opportunity to read it before anyone else ... thank you Abbi :) And secondly, OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! I sat at my Mac on a stool at the kitchen bench and broke my back and neck until I finished ...more
Jennifer Kyle
3.5 Stars

”What is one dark spirit up against Death?”

After finishing book one of this series and that terrific cliffhanger I immediately jumped into this book. This second installment in the series left me wondering if Abbi purposely missed the “evil mark” with Leif or is it to come in the final book or does he really have a shot?

"You were promised to me. My father's power healed you and in return your mother promised your soul to me."

The story takes a few heartstopping turns (poor Miranda a
Ferdy
Aug 19, 2012 rated it did not like it
Spoilers

After literally going to hell and back, Pagan and Dank are finally together. Pagan and Dank's bliss is short lived when Leif, Pagan's soulless ex-boyfriend returns. Leif reveals that Pagan's soul was promised to him as a child in restitution for saving her life and that now he's back to collect what's his.

-The plot, the main characters and the romance were predictable, cheesy and dull.

-Pagan was a typical boring-weak-I-hate-anything-remotely-feminine-and-I-can-do-anythin-the-boys-can-do
Tarra

Okay, Okay. This one was better but only because Pagan wasn't whining about the "hole in her chest".

Don't get me wrong though, there was a permanent scowl on my face the whole time I read this book. The jealousy, Ugh. There was also still a considerable amount of growling thus ruining growling men for me forever. Thank you Abbikins, Thanks a lot...

The Rascillions:

Pagan: Still a super annoying A-hole. I don't understand her complete hatred for Leif. He's still a good guy!! He never once
Grace
Jun 16, 2012 rated it did not like it
Oh, COME ON!

The "cliffhanger" from the previous book is that Leif is not human. But better yet, it turns out that Pagan's (ugh) mother basically sold her to Leif's dad in a voodoo leukemia ritual when she was a toddler, so... Something. I don't know. Leif's got dibs.

And this turns Dank in to a raaaaaaaaging arsehole. Seriously, this book turned into Twilight Lite about five pages in. Spot the Cullen trademarks: Dank is able to read Pagan's mind, he ferries her around in his car (including all o
Say
Dec 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: may-2015-reads
Well, this was good though I liked the first one more but yup My Dank was still his wonderful and perfect self. My only concern was it was rather resolved easily (how Dank got Pagan from Leif) and there was no explanation on what really happened when Dank talked to Pagan's mother. So I guess I wanted more action and probably some fight scenes with Leif and Dank.
Erin
It was such an incredibly long and painful wait to get my hands on this sequel, and I literally bought it the second I knew it was out on amazon!! I'm a huge fan of all of Abbi Glines' books, but the Existence Trilogy has always stood out as the one that really got to me. I could NOT wait to dive back into Dank and Pagan's story, and once again Abbi did not disappoint!!

Predestined begins with Pagan and Dank finally free to be together. They may seem like the typical teen couple on the outside,
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Much better than book 1. I'm going to tread lightly with this review. I need to write everything out quickly before some undetected annoyance triggers jump out from the shadows of my mind and manage to get me. As of right now, I don't recall coming across any in this book. Praise be! It's an early Christmas miracle! No sarcasm intended. I think I have less to complain about with this book than any other story I've encountered from this author. This was a nice little read.

However, I'm still sti
Bethany
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
Awesome sequel! There was never a low moment in Predestined. I think I’m more in love with Dank then I was after Existence.
Meaganr
Mar 23, 2012 rated it it was ok
After reading the first book, and really, really enjoying it, I had a lot of expectations for this book to be just as good. Well, boy was I disappointed.

On a good note, the story line was definitely nothing that I've read before. There were plenty of aspects to it that were interesting, but I just found myself not loving it as much as the first one for a variety of reasons.

The first thing I want to complain about is the dreams that Pagan kept having frequently throughout the book. I hated read
Jessirae
Jan 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: epic-series, ebooks
Predestined by Abbi Glines is a sequel even better than the first. It’s edgier, sexier and will definitely take you by surprise at every turn. Predestined takes place a month after the ending to Existence where Abbi drops the biggest bomb on her readers. In this book, the decisions that the characters make will have devastating consequences that will change Pagan’s life forever.

I was so glad to be back into Pagan and Dank’s world. It was like a breath of fresh air that I hadn’t been able to take
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
4.5-4.75 Stars

I really enjoyed this follow up to Existence. In fact, its pretty safe to say that I liked it a heck of a lot more. Lots of the questions I had after Book #1 were answered and for that I'm extremely grateful. Ok....So, before I continue with my review, I would like to take this moment to say that I have formed a heavy infatuation with Dank (a.k.a. Death). I've gotten over my dislike of his name and I am crushing on him. I want nothing more than for him and Pagan to find their HEA.
Holly
Feb 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012, favourites
I'd been looking forward to this book - the ending of existence had me screeching "NOOO" along with several expletives - what a cliff hanger!! So not only was I itching for the release of this one, but I also had high expectations.

It didn't disappoint. I actually feel like this one is even better than existence, it really is that good!! Plus I loved the bit where Dank gives the "autograph", laughed like an idiot at the message!!

I don't want to give anything away and ruin it for anyone but I real
Trisha
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
Oh to be Pagan. Death loves you. This other guy loves you. Wait...it seems like everyone that runs into Pagan can't help but love her. I think this story alone has at least 3....maybe 4 that do. I think that's my biggest frustration. I just don't understand why everyone likes Pagan so darn much. She's bossy and loudmouth and has a temper. She begs everyone to buy her things, mainly food. She barely ever says thanks. and yet everyone wants her. She isn't described as being drop dead gorgeous....

S
Jane
Jan 30, 2012 rated it it was ok
Perhaps 2.5 stars would be a more apropriate rating for Predestined but I just couldn't give it 3 stars. When I read Existence I didn't notice how bad the writing actually was. It's either that or the author suddenly got worse at doing her job. And the names in the Existence Trilogy are just ridiculous. The entire story is actually a little bit ridiculous. I mean, seriously. Death himself is playing in a teenage rock band?! All that aside, I thought Dank (I really hate that name) was kind of hot ...more
Sofia
Dec 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Ever since I read Existence I had this feeling that Leif would be the good guy he always seemed to be.This book was an incredible sequel to Existence.
When I started reading the book,my first thought was "Wow..Dank seems really possessive."I love how things have progressed between Dank and Pagan and how Dank is reacting to his own feelings,especially jealousy.
Firstly,the book starts with Leif missing and Pagan having nightmares about a boy who was always by her side when she needed someone to co
Jasmin
Feb 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Okay Predestined was good but not as good as the first book! I enjoyed it a lot, and I couldnt put it down but it had minor problems that I'm willing to let go (but will of course make it lose a star) because of the wonderful over all story.

Who would have thought Death could be so incredibly sweet?

description

This book begins with Pagon and Dank finally being together and Leif running of or disappearing. Turns out he is soul-less and is the son of Ghede Voodoo master crap! This book answered the question I
AJ
Apr 08, 2012 rated it really liked it

I reread this book in October 2012 in anticipation for finally finishing off the trilogy, and I freaking loved it!

When the book starts Pagan and Dank are happily in love and living their lives as normally as is possible when one of you is Death. However Pagan is having weird dreams about her past, and then the mysterious Leif returns and things start to get really crazy. Dank goes into protective mode, roping Gee back into the action (which is a good thing because I love her!), and together he
Jenn
4 Twist & Turn Stars

Wow. Abbi did it again. Sometimes I forget that Abbi even wrote this series. It's fantastic. And yes, once AGAIN, she played havoc with my tear ducts and heart strings.

What I loved:
1. The unexpected twists and turns
2. My love/hate relationship with Leif
3. Dual POV's of Dank & Pagan
4. Gee. How can you NOT love this crazy lady!
5. Being able to be with Death on his jobs in different kinds of scenarios
6. LOVED how this one ended as it left a bit of suspense

I'm excited t
Kelly
Jul 11, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: grim-reaper
No, Just no.

To be fair to anyone who sees this 1 star review, I didn't actually finish reading this book. Truth is, I couldn't. I tried, maybe like 4 times. I just couldn't do it, so I "threw in the towel" and gave up.

After finishing the first book, I couldn't wait until the second one came out. That ending?! Anyone who read the first can agree with me on this one, that was on hell of a cliff-hanger ending. So as soon as I downloaded Predestined I was all about it. Well, I made it to, I'll say 2
Janelle Janica Gomez
Feb 14, 2012 marked it as to-read
Pagan’s soul has been marked since birth as a restitution, to a spirit so dark not even Death walks near it. Dank knows saving Pagan’s soul won’t be easy but Pagan is his. And he’s already proven he’ll defy Heaven to keep her. If Hell wants a piece of him too, then bring it on.

*swoon.*

I absolutely can't wait for April 4 to come!
Nancy The book junkie
Jul 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.75/5

Review coming soon!
Nicole
Sep 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Hopeless romantics and fans of The Host, Fever Series
Abby Glines, you are an absolute goddess for writing this trilogy and making fall in love with Death.. Dank. Dankmar. Whatever you want to call him.

Predestined really lived up to my expectations. And that is not an easy thing to do – I find that in trilogies, book 2 is usually the dud. You expect to experience all the things you loved in book 1 and more, and yet, it very rarely works out that way. Then by the time you read book 3 your hopes are much lower and/or the author actually has a real pl
Michelle
Jan 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
OMG did someone turn up the heat in here! Predestined was sizzling. I have to say I enjoyed the second installment in the series more than I did the first. Ms. Glines takes things to a whole new level with her amazing story Predestined. I was totally engrossed in the story so much that I finished it is one seating. Sounds like I am talking about eating eh, well that is what it was like, savouring a fine wine to the last drop. I honestly couldn't put it down. I was captivated with the rich plot a ...more
Ellen
Feb 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have been anxiously awaiting this book since I read Existence, the first in the series. I love Abbi Glines and she has written another great paranormal romance in the second book of the Existence Trilogy, which is also filled with suspense, intrigue, and delves deep into the paranormal.

We came to know and love Dank (AKA Death) and Pagan in Existence. Pagan was a normal high school student who could see dead souls, which she ignored, and for the most part they left her alone when she ignored th
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Feb 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2012
So I'm completely and utterly in love with the growling HOT Death!!! Yup not going to lie...the power that comes with him, the fact that he is hot, he is a part time rock star and did I mention...he growls!!! Yum possessiveness is so ummmm attractive (?!) no wait HOT!!!!

Predestined was AMAZING! I'm kind of running out of ways to describe books...I think I've been spoilt by all these FAB-U-LUSH authors recently that I get lost for new words, instead I sit here with a silly grin on my face and gus
Alyssa
Apr 08, 2012 rated it liked it
This book was good but not great. Honestly it seemed a little unfocused and disjointed to me. I guess I got that the central theme was about fending Leif off from Pagan's dreams, but for some reason the plot just didn't seem as strong to me as the first one did. That and the climax of this book seemed a little anticlimatic. Or I guess just everything in this book was like that for me, good but not great, I liked it but I didn't really feel a part of the book and I wasn't engrossed in it and lost ...more
Marie
Jan 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
I loved this follow-up book! It was really good, and Danks jealous side? Omg made me weak, he is so HOT!
I gave this 4 stars because of Leif, I felt so sorry for him! Pagen just couldn't see past the whole 'not human' thing. It was Leifs father that wasn't giving her a choice and bounded her to the treaty with her mother. Leif genuinely loves her, anyone could see that! He helped Pagen- all those memories were so cute and lovely, it made me mad that she kept portraying him as the bad guy.
I felt
Malissa
Jan 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I don't want to say too much since this just recently came out. This was a fantastic sequel, I think it was better than Existence. I adore Dank and so happy he is more often referred to as Dankmar this time around, lol. He is such a sweet character and you can't help but want the best for him. Pagan is a strong female character who I am happy to say knows what she wants and takes it, but she is kind, compassionate, and loving as well. Gee as always is a blast and I have to say by the end Leif ha ...more

• Consume (Devoured, #2)
  • Fallen Eden (Eden Trilogy, #2)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Mortal Defiance (Dark Betrayal Trilogy, #2)
  • Kindred (The Darkwoods Trilogy, #2)
  • Indebted (The Premonition, #3)
  • Avow (The Archers of Avalon, #3)
  • Scars and Songs (Mad World, #3)
  • To Kill an Angel (Blood Like Poison, #3)
  • Untouched (Denazen, #1.5)
  • Scorched Skies (Fire Spirits, #2)
Abbi Glines is a #1 New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of the Rosemary Beach, Sea Breeze, Vincent Boys, Field Party and Existence series. She never cooks unless baking during the Christmas holiday counts. She believes in ghosts and has a habit of asking people if their house is haunted before she goes in it. She drinks afternoon tea because she wants to be Britis ...more

Existence Trilogy (3 books)
  • Existence (Existence Trilogy, #1)
  • Ceaseless (Existence Trilogy, #3)
“Is this seat taken?" a warm sexy drawl asked and I lifted my gaze and smiled up at Dank.
"Yes. I'm saving it for my smoking hot boyfriend," I replied teasingly.
Dank slid in beside me and put his arm around my shoulder. "Hmmm, well he should have gotten here sooner. You snooze, you lose.”
159 likes
“What are you doing?"
"I'm going to enjoy a long overdue make-out session with my girl. That's what I'm doing." I explained, stepping into the room and closing the door behind me with one shove of my foot.”
93 likes