Start by marking “Php And Mongo Db Web Development Beginner's Guide” as Want to Read:
Php And Mongo Db Web Development Beginner's Guide

Php And Mongo Db Web Development Beginner's Guide

The book follows a "Code first, explain later" approach, using practical examples in PHP to demonstrate unique features of MongoDB. This book is packed with step-by-step instructions and practical examples, along with challenges to test and improve your knowledge. This book assumes that you are experienced in web application development using PHP, HTML, and CSS. Having wor ...more
Published November 27th 2011 by Packt Publishing (first published November 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Php And Mongo Db Web Development Beginner's Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Php And Mongo Db Web Development Beginner's Guide

Alessandro Pellizzari
(English review below)

Disclaimer: ho ricevuto il libro per la recensione da Packt Publishing stessa.
Ho cercato comunque di fare una recensione obiettiva.

Recensione generale

In una parola: ottimo. Anche se migliorabile.

A memoria credo sia il primo a trattare l'integrazione tra PHP e MongoDB.
Lo stile è molto scorrevole. I concetti sono spiegati in modo chiaro nella maggior parte dei casi. Fanno eccezione i concetti di programmazione funzionale
nel capitolo dedicato a map-reduce, che avrebbero benefi
Klava
Feb 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be very informative for someone who is interested in MongoDB and wants to learn the type of database architecture MongoDB supports. This book has a web-centric view where it shows step-by-step examples that anyone can follow. Every chapter has a review of what is covered in the chapter, and plenty of examples to illustrate the author’s points.

My take on this subject is from the Database Administrator point of view, and here I found the book to be a little light on substance
Mike Benner
Jan 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a great book for those looking to get their feet wet with MongoDB. PHP And MongoDB covered many more topics than many of the MongoDB books I have read recently and while I am not a PHP developer gave me a few more ways to leverage MongoDB in my day to day work.

I especially enjoyed the chapters on Geospatial functionality and the GridFS system. Both of these topics we handled throughly and are typically glossed over in other books.

The one place I felt this book was light was the operatio
Konstantin Manchev
Jan 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Very good book to introduce you to the PHP & MongoDB technologies , there is a lot of practical examples with explanations covering the main concepts with NoSQL development.
Jyll Stuart
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a good intro to the concept of "NoSQL". The examples of using PHP and Mongo DB are well written.
Talbert Houle
Teaching myself how to develop a database for those who enjoy active lifestyles and want a simple system to find activities.
Constantin Ursu
Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: it
I would give it a 5, if only there weren't so many mistakes.
Атанас Василев