Start by marking “The Best of Chico & Delamar's The Morning Rush Top 10” as Want to Read:
The Best of Chico & Delamar's The Morning Rush Top 10

The Best of Chico & Delamar's The Morning Rush Top 10

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  1,208 Ratings  ·  72 Reviews
Aside from celebrating 15 years on the airwaves this year, the Morning Rush with Chico & Delamar on Monster Radio RX 93.1 also marks another milestone this December: the launch of The Best of Chico & Delamar’s The Morning Rush Top 10. Released by Summit Books, the book compiles over 100 of their craziest, naughtiest, and most laugh-out-loud Top 10 lists.

The Best of
Published December 2011 by Summit Books (first published 2011)

K.D. Absolutely
Jan 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommended to K.D. by: Larissa S.
Shelves: local, tagalog, funny, pinoy
To my foreigner friends

I am not sure what you have in your country, but in the Philippines we have lots of good radio stations that you can listen to especially in the morning. When I was in my early 20’s, I remember reading a book about Margaret Thatcher who said that the first thing she did every morning was to turn on the radio and listen to the news. In the Philippines, we have those stations too but they are mostly in the A.M. band. What most young people listen to are those in the F.M. ban
Arch Bala
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor
Chico and Delamar are like my heroes. I started listening to them around 1999 when they were still (just transferred i think from rx) with KCFM and I was having some sort of family issues back then contemplating dark thoughts (you get the drift). I was in my room and decided to turn on the radio and stumbled upon their show, rush hour. They were doing the top 10 and I think that was like the first time in days that I've actually smiled and from then on, I started listening at the same hours for ...more
Aileene
Dec 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I think I find the entries here more hilarious because I am a rusher and I hear Chico in my head reading them... and Delle reacting to the not-so-wholesome ones.
AennA
May 13, 2012 rated it liked it
A compilation of the chosen top 10 topics and entries in the high rating morning radio show of Chico Garcia and Delamar Arias, this book is a good laughter-inducing material for the lonely, moreover a souvenir material for the fans of The Morning Rush.

Fan girl alert. I’m a Rusher. And I own two copies of the book. One for regular reading, the other is a signed copy, for safekeeping.

When the duo announced that they finally launched a book compilation, I immediately grabbed a copy. Not because I a
Jayvie
Sep 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: borrowed
Hindi pa ko nakakapakinig ng The Morning Rush Top 10 pero parang nakakacurious lang dahil nagkaroon pa sila ng libro. Maganda nga siguro.

Nagbestseller pa to sa NBS. Sino ba namang hindi maiingganyong bumili? Una may "The Best Of" syempre aasahan mo the best. Pangalawa , Sikat na radio program na pinapatakbo ng dalawang sikat na Dj sa isang sikat na radio station. Nakakasilaw na sa sobrang sikat. Pangatlo, Summit Media. Publisher ng karamihan sa mga sikat na magazine sa Pinas. Kaya maganda ang p
jerica
Apr 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: filipino
When I saw this book in National, I immediately picked it up and knew I had to buy it. I've been listening to Chico and Delamar since I was in second grade, back when they still weren't comfortable with each other and two radio stations transfers before RX. If they shifted stations (and they did), we'd follow them. Every morning, while stuck in traffic on the way to school, I'd listen to them and the Top 10. I absolutely love their humor and it probably did influence mine as I grew up. I even re ...more
Katkat
Jan 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I can actually hear how chico delivered d entries and how delle reacted. But everything was still funny as if i encountered them the first time.
Kate
Jan 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Hilarious. I can't stop laughing.
Andrea
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
funny to!
ang hindi ko mabasa ay yung mysterious events and supernatural. hindi ko binasa sa bahay, lol praninge lang
Janus the Erudite Artist
I am what they call a “silent rusher” of the radio show, the Morning Rush at Monster Radio RX 93.1. It means, that I constantly tune in to the show but do not participate in sending greets, entries, tweets, etc. The highlight of this show is the Top Ten topics they have every morning from Mondays to Fridays.

I love the show because the topics are relatable and the hosts, Chico Garcia and Delamar Arias (now also joined by Gino Quillamor), never fail to make me laugh. I’ve been listening to this sh
Jasmin
Mar 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Funny but not recommended for my non-tagalog speaking friends.

The Morning Rush Top 10 is basically a list of a variety of topics ranging from weird, funny, serious and mundane; then listing down the top 10 answers.

Please do not continue if you are not over 18 years of age.

My favorites are:

Things you've said after a break up - eight inches of sausage isn't worth buying the whole pig

Funny friend quotes - my friend once told me: "I'm single by choice. Their choice."

Funny gay quotes - let's get
Miki Akasako
Feb 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Filipinos living abroad
Recommended to Miki by: Trina Lyn Cortez
Chico and Delamar are celebrity DJ's who have a popular morning radio show called the Morning Rush. This book is a compilation of their segment the Top 10. There are different topics ranging from philosophical to sexually charged questions, but all very humorous. I read it almost in one sitting so it came off as repetitive in humor. It was a very quick read and it killed the enjoyment. It would be advisable to read it over a long period of time. It can also be read from any order.

The best sectio
Maui
Mar 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Nakita ko 'tong book na 'to sa Best Seller ng National Book Store. Nung una nag-alinlangan pa ako bumili kasi baka comics lang ang laman nito pero it's a compilation of Top 10 Topics na mostly naeencounter din natin sating sarili, kaibigan, pamilya atbp.

May mga topic na nakakatawa pero may mga topic din na hindi ganun kaganda. May mga pang-adult, pangbata at pangmatanda. May mga part na mapapaisip ka kung ano ibig sabihin at may part na magegets mo agad.

I'm on my way to their second book. :)
Binibining `E (Maria Eleynita)
a funny book.. ive been listening to the morning rush since college days.. one of those who is a silent rusher.. i remember i used to wake up early just to listen to chico and delle by the time i go to school my bestfriend and i will start chatting about the show.. fun times together with my bestfriend.. till now we still enjoy listening to the morning rush.. i love the show and the hosts... wouldnt pass the chance to read this one of a kind compilation of der top 10.. good job on this my tummy ...more
Lai Valenzuela
Feb 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Nung una kong nakita ito sa mga bookstores na curious ako matagal bago ko siya nabili been waiting sa reviews on Goodreads and Facebook kung worth it ba sya. Since I'm not an avid listener of the said radio program but i've tried to listen to them one time. Three star lang sya for me kasi merong mga part doon na bastos meron ding part na parang paulit-ulit and meron syang mga typo errors pero all in all nagandahan ako sa kanya sa katunayan tawa ako ng tawa kahapon while reading this. Kaya if you ...more
Chelsea Anne
Dec 31, 2012 rated it liked it
One of the best radio jock tandem in the country and their witty Morning Rush Top 10. It's not every single day that I tune in to the show so reading this book as a whole was a great experience to catch up on their best list about anything under the sun sprinkled with awesome suggestions by the listeners.

Average book but it's something you can keep in your bag to erase out the boredom you feel in an instant. A feel good book since it provides hella humor and "aha" statements. Cheers to Chico and
Amabelle
Jun 20, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm a fan of the morning radio talk show but I never felt the need to buy the book since most I listen to them every morning and heard the entries already. Then the book was offered for free on buqo during Chico's birthday so I downloaded it.

Some entries made me laugh out loud, while some made me think why it made it to the list.
Since this is merely a compilation of Top Ten entries sent in by rushers (the show's fans), there is not much you'll get out of this book but I love Chico and Delamar so
Paul
Jun 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Expecting a groundbreaking set of humor wouldn't be a wise thing to do when a best-of compilation hits the shelves. However, Chico and Delamar's The Morning Rush Top 10 is surprisingly funny, even when some entries fall flat. Bordering between what's simply hilarious and what's worthy of KBP summons, this is a good way to jumpstart your day...or to end it in style.
Judie
Dec 25, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm very easy to please that's why most of the jokes here still made me laugh out loud. The jokes weren't all new and they obviously evolved (you got a Lino E. Friginal kid here) but some of them still got it. The new ones have potential, too. I've not listened to The Morning Rush in years so I can only imagine the fun of contributing to the topics every single day.
Jhalene
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Mataas ang expectation ko sa book na to. Mas nauna kong nabasa yung book 2 kaso palaging out of stock tong book 1. Dahil sabi nila mas nakakatawa ang book 1, di ako tumigil kakahanap nito. Mas gusto ko ung pangalawang book. -.- karamihan ng nasa librong to nabasa o napakinggan ko na somewhere kaya hindi na sha nakakatawa.
Lexa Salindato
Jan 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
WARNING: this book is so crazy...crazy funny that will surely send you rolling to the floor laughing so hard!

A friend gave this to me as a christmas gift so that I could have a break from all YA/NA/Fictional stories I've been "addicted" to lately and she was right about it. I really had fun reading this, even my brothers.

P.S. I used to have a crush on Chico lol
Cam
Jan 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
If you really need a good laugh, you should read this one. :)

Because I'm an avid listener of Chico and Delamar's The Morning Rush on RX 93.1, I tried to read their top 10 compilation. And indeed, it was equally fun.
Pamela
Mar 11, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
Since this isn't a novel, I couldn't give it more than 3 stars. There are some things here that you could agree to but not all are quite as funny as the last one. In fact, I don't think everything written here was meant to be funny. Some are advices that are good and some, just plain bizarre.
Ruby May
May 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
'The Best of... TOP10' Who wouldn't be curious enough to read this? Contains a truckload of hilarious quirks and slapsticks that would make you want to read more. Effective stress reliever and one of the best at that.
Agnes Margarette
May 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
I read this secretly during my classes and it was awzm haha! :)
I swear I was laughing like a frikkin sea lion grinning and clapping and slamming on the table everytime I read something funny, which in this book, meant everything.
Amelaine Wang
Oct 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Can't believe this is in goodreads. Haha..
This is one heck of a laugh out loud book.
With some real good dirty things too.
Raychell
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
very nice and funny!
XiaNyx
Mar 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
The book is fun - the illustrations are hilarious. The only downside is that none of my entries made it. Boo freakin' hoo!

I love them both and been a silent rusher for years! Good job guys!
Miko
Mar 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-books
This is a light funny read. What makes the actual top 10 interesting is more of the side comments from the hosts. Of course, side comments cannot be captured in writing. Overall, good read.
Clauds
Nov 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Hubby gave this book to me with del's and chico's autograph! superb top 10 :)
  • The Best of This Is A Crazy Planets
  • No Strings Attached (Chic Manila, #3)
  • Princess Lea: The Life Story of Lea Salonga
  • Peksman (Mamatay Ka Man) Nagsisinungaling Ako (at iba pang kwentong kasinungalingan na di dapat paniwalaan)
  • Ang Kagila-gilalas na Pakikipagsapalaran ni Zsazsa Zaturnnah
  • Stainless Longganisa
  • Help!!! Ayoko Na Sa Syota Ko!
  • The Breakup Diaries