Start by marking “La psichiatra” as Want to Read:
La psichiatra

La psichiatra

Lavorare in un ospedale psichiatrico è difficile. Ogni giorno la dottoressa Ellen Roth si scontra con un’umanità reietta, con la sofferenza più indicibile, con il buio della mente. Tuttavia, a questo caso non era preparata: la stanza numero 7 è satura di terrore, la paziente rannicchiata ai suoi piedi è stata picchiata, seviziata. È chiusa in se stessa, mugola parole senza ...more
Published 2011 by TEA (first published October 5th 2009)

Start your review of La psichiatra
Gabe
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, I started it a very long ago. My best friend started it first and then I was really curious about it.

This book is about a psychiatrist and her mysterious patient. One day her patient disappear from the clinic and no one has ever seen her or talked to her beside Ellen, the psychiatrist. Ellen is the only one that has seen the patient, and once she's disappeared Ellen starts living in a nightmare.

This kind of thriller is really fascinating, it makes you want to know the truth like right now,
Elena
Jun 29, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
One of the worst novels I have ever read. Possibly The worst. This testifies to my good taste, on the one hand, and to the low standards of the bookshops where I bought it, on the other.

The writing "style" is that of a 15-year-old who has read a couple of novels in his life and therefore thinks that using standardized, formulaic turns of phrase and ludicrous italicized 'stream of consciousness' is, not only normal, but acceptable. There is not effort towards some degree of originality.
Anica
Mar 26, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thrillers
I was really curious when I started reading this book because I've heard so many good things about it. Plus, the whole story sounded so good and I was anxious to finally read it. But my enthusiasm faded a bit in the beginning.
The prologue was a bit weird. OK, whatever. We'll see what happens from there on. But it took me about 130 pages to finally get into the book. Cause the beginning is slow, like really. And you are often wondering what the author is trying to tell you with all of this
Shams Alizada
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You are going to feel unconfortable. I had a nightmare.
Ella-Maluca Floyd
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: krimi
This book was recommended to me by Paul Cleave – I read it in one day and I wasn’t disappointed.

Ellen Roth’s world is turned upside down, when a patient disappears for the hospital – especially since she is the only one, who has seen the patient. But despite all the distrust, she fights for the missing woman and is meanwhile dragged into a hidden path of violence and self-delusion.

I have always enjoyed reading a psychological thriller, and Wulf Dorn kept me hanging on the edge. Terrified and
rafael david
Hell to the fucking no
Sere
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have a lot to say about this book, yet it left me speechless and confused.

I loved how it played with me, knowing how I was thinking “oh, it’s so obvious this is about to happen” but then I understood that there wasn’t anything obvious for me, and it wasn’t going in that way.
It gave me thrills all throughout the story, and I’ve had moments where I needed to stop, because it was too much.

Right now a part of me doesn’t know if I would recommend this book, because I’ve had moments where I was
Carvinatory
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paranoia, anxiety, pressure... all of these things exists in this book. Until the last few chapters, the thriller continues. Then, peace. Once you've figured out what it's, there exists the feeling of peace, safety.
Abraham Basulto
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great plot, awesome cliff-hanging narrative.
Nur Hesenova
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow
Elena
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nur Çuha
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Natavan Quliyeva
Amazing, mind-blowing, twist of the story was superb. I liked very much.
Alessandra
Oct 09, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shallow characters and predictable storyline. Really fails at the “show, don’t tell” rule.
Very poorly written too, but that may be the translation as I read it in Italian.
Kaipai
Aug 26, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Complete waste of time.
The worst part of the book isn't the stubborn stupidity of the main character or the predictable ending (and of course storyline) but the WRITING. Appalling.
Pat
Oct 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
German Audiobuch--it only took me 2 days to get through this--it was that good. Psycho-thriller about psychotherapists/psychiatrists in a clinic. Chris goes on vacation and leaves his girlfriend Ellen in charge of his patients. A lady is in the clinic that only Chris checked in, and then she suddenly disappears, only to find there is no paperwork on her and only Ellen has now seen. Ellen is frantic to find out what happened to the woman. Her hunt leads to a much deeper story--she is now being ...more
Michela (michelaslibrary)
A friend suggested me to read this book, as he loved it and wanted to share his enthusiasm with me. So I had high expectations, because of the recommendations and almost 4 stars here.

Unfortunately Trigger disappointed me.
Most of the scenes were quite predictable and around half book I already understood the ending. Besides that, what got on my nerves the most was the writing (or the translation?): superficial and flat, it failed in delivering suspense when required. I think that was the most
Liz
Apr 24, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2-sterren
I probably expected too much from this book to begin with. The story gets better towards the end. However, in the beginning, I found it hard to believe certain plot lines. Perhaps this is because I'm spoiled. I grew up with Dean Koontz, Mo Hayder and (to stay in the German region) Sebastian Fitzek.
I read the Dutch versionand found the style in which is was written a bit plain. Looking at the goods ratings of the people who read this book in German, it makes me wonder about the original book. I
Sadie
Very exciting thriller with a really good twist and awesome ending. It starts slowly, but you know something awful is just looming there, waiting for you to read on and get tangled. I suspected some of the stuff that's revealed in the end, but it was still a good shock. Gruesome, even. Did I mention I loved the ending? Wulf Dorn did what I hoped he would. Swell. Going to read more of him, he's a really good storyteller.
Denisa
Another rating: 7/10

Ok I'm a bit dissapointed. Start of the story, the mysteriousness, the thrill... it was all very good and I enjoyed it a much but then there was the finale. Very poorly made finale. It just felt stupid and didn't fulfill the premise.
It felt hollow and cliched, boring.. which is sad because I loved how it started...
Aytakin Gurbanzade
I'm bitterly disappointed since it is my favorite genre and I heard many good things about this book so I was dying to read it.To my surprise it was insanely predictable.Anyway Kalte Stille is much better.
Karen Blaakmeer
I didn't like the main character and didn't read the whole book. I read the first half, then skipped to the end to find out what happened. The plot appeared to be more interesting than I thought, it was a pity I didn't ;like the beginning more than I did.
Martha Roca
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent.
Özgün
Nov 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's not so interesting if you like the books that one cannot easly guess the ending or the main story. Except this, reading it was really satisfying.
Meana
Mar 31, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would rate it as a 3starandahalf book. It was interesting and quite original but I think it could have been better written.
Corina
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
QUESTO LIBRO E' PERFEZIONE !!!
Claudio Candia
I was expecting something more! I figured out the whole plot after 50 pages :/
Khadija ismylove
It was pretty awesome. The first book of the author and it really appeals the reader. there was even a moment when I felt the Black Man watching me out of somewhere
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Please combine edition 7 164 Aug 19, 2016 07:09AM

• La casa delle voci
  • Zoo
  • Io uccido
  • La ragazza nella nebbia
  • L'esclusa
  • Bianca come il latte, rossa come il sangue
  • Le manuscrit inachevé
  • L'uomo di casa
  • Fuori da un evidente destino
  • Pochi inutili nascondigli
  • Fiori sopra l'inferno (Teresa Battaglia, #1)
  • The Scent of Lemon Leaves
Wulf Dorn has created characters such as Jan Forstner, Mark Behrendt, Doro Beck, Simon Strode, Robert Winter and many others. His psychological suspense novels have become international bestsellers and won him numerous awards, including the French Prix Polar for Best International Novel.

Wulf began writing short stories at the age of twelve and had his first publication in a local paper at sixteen.
“Se sei in ritardo, arrivi in ritardo. Un paio di minuti di meno non fanno differenza.” 6 likes
“Il dolore è una delle poche sensazioni chiaramente concrete. Chi prova dolore fisico si trova nel mondo reale, qui e ora.” 5 likes