Start by marking “Vampire Kisses (Vampire Kisses, #1)” as Want to Read:
Vampire Kisses (Vampire Kisses, #1)

Vampire Kisses (Vampire Kisses #1)

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  45,253 Ratings  ·  2,123 Reviews
Raven, 16 ans, est une originale, avec son look gothique et son esprit rebelle.
Elle vit à Dullsville, la ville de l'ennui. C'est bien simple: il ne s'y passe jamais rien et tout le monde se connaît depuis toujours. Enfin, c'était vrai avant l'événement du siècle: de nouveaux habitants emménagent au sommet de la colline, dans le manoir étrange et prétendument hanté qu'on cr
Kindle Edition
Published July 13th 2011 (first published August 1st 2003)

Alkyoni

I don’t care that the writing is simplistic. I don’t care that the main character herself is simplistic. I don’t even care that these books were written for much, much younger readers than me, say… 14 year olds.

I don’t care about any of that, because Vampire Kisses always puts a smile on my face. Some will find it to be silly; some will find it to be naïve; I find it to be refreshing, original and funny, even though after a few days I can’t even remember what the plot was about.

Sixteen year ol
Brittany (Nice Girls Read Books)

I was expecting a lot more from this book.

I felt that the characters were very stereotypical, two-dimensional and that the story was predictable. Also, I hate the kind of stories where the two leads 'fall in love' in a matter of 24 hours, etcetera... with hardly any interaction. This is what happens with Sterling and... oh right, Raven...

I guess I shouldn't have expected a lot more from this book when the main characters name is so silly.
Kristy
Jul 26, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
***Spoiler's below***

Ugh, so this is going to be mostly a rant.... just warning ya.

With a title like 'Vampire Kisses', I, the reader, would assume that
a: this book has vampires in it
b. it is a romance novel, with kissing
c. Whoever our character is, he/she is kissing a vampire

While some of these are true.... They might even all be true to a point, but not in the way I had expected or wanted!
Really, we don't even know "our guy" is a vampire until pretty much the last page!!! You might assume it
S
Mar 03, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book is way too coincidental.
Allow me to discuss the irony, which Vampire Kisses has more than enough of (and this is still an understatement). The main character's (Raven) parents used to be what she called "hippies" when she was a kid. Now, if her parents were hippies, why would they name her kid "Raven?" Flower-loving lava-lamp-collecting Pink Floyd orange walls pink carpets hippies, would name their child Raven? I understand that I may be stereotyping the whole concept of being a 'hippi
*TANYA*
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It was very funny and now I must read the next in this series.
Rebecca
Oct 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vampire Kisses is a really great book. I found it to be very original and absolutely hilarious. There were parts where I just couldn't stop laughing because Vampire Kisses is a very very funny book.
Vampire Kisses was really interesting too. I found myself reading more and more and more of it and ended up finishing it because it's just a book that you want to keep reading.
Vampire Kisses was thoroughly enjoyable and I will forever remember parts of it.
I loved all of the characters, they were all
Bryan Coffey
Jan 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the vampire kisses series because it was the first vampire love novel i read before twilight came out and i am able to relate to this book a howl lot. I would recomend people to read this book and the howl series granted it is not as long or as good as twilight but it is worth the read. This teenage girl falls in love with this teenage vampire and she tries to deny it for ahilw and she is curious to find out who he is and it has been her life long dream to become a vampire. She broke it t ...more
Corinne
May 08, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 10 year old goths
This book is kind of like a salad when all you really want is a steak. You start to read it and you really, really want the two main characters to get together and thats all well and good. It would be a better book if the main character wouldn't whine so much and get over the whole damned "I'm goth and no one understands me" bullshit. It wouldn't be as bad as it is if the characters had actual depth, if the parents weren't as retarded and if the story had more meat.

There are other books followi
Janaye
Aug 24, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I must admit that this is a guilty pleasure type of book. Its very simple with not much depth to it but is a cute book. Though it is not something to read for a life changing experience it is cute and easy to read and follow so give it a try.

Fall in love with Raven and her Vampire and follow them through all their terrifyingly wonderful adventures.

Though there is some originality to the book it comes in the form of non-original vampire myths and legends (garlic, crosses, sunlight etc.) so just
Polina
Jun 18, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Someone hand me the forks.
I have no desire to be able to read after finishing Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber.
The main character is *goth* Raven *goth* Madison who *goth* is apparently a goth. In case you didn't get that from the author pointing that out every other page. She also pulls out every single cliche in the book, and ends almost every sentence in an exclamation point. People aren't called by the names that they are given, no, the snarky protagonist has to give them an insulting nickn
Kimberley doruyter
a re-read for me.
i never realized how much of a drama queen raven can be.
but still really funny.
Anushka
Oh god, what the fuck was this?
Stupid plot.
Stupid characters.
Stupid writing.

Everything about this book was so gooddarn stupid! How are these books even published?

This book was for teeny boppy girls who are hopeless romantics and fantasize an Edward Cullen will someday come to get them. I was sick and couldn't move from my bed, hence settled for reading this whole series as it was the only one available in my mobile. Otherwise I swear to god, I'd not have read this shit in a million years.
Sandy
Mar 31, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, series
This is the third book by her that I've read, and she has a very light, ditzy kind of style of writing. Or maybe it's just her main characters, I don't know. Raven is a total perky goth. Like, seriously. She's very perky, it would be very annoying if I didn't like perky goths, so I'm warning you in advance. But here again, vampire romance. It was actually pretty cute, and there's also totally something going on with this other guy that does not get fully developed, but hey, there's 2 more books ...more
Clair
Mar 02, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Truly dreadful stuff.

I am glad this was a library rental (I'd have kicked myself if I even scrounged up a penny to buy this tripe), although I felt I was doing my library a real disservice when I gave it back...

So, spunky, yet incredibly moany teen goth Raven has taken that stupid, cutesy saying of: 'When other little girls wanted to be ballerinas, I wanted to be a vampire!', and taken it to heart. She loves vampires and finds out in the course of this book that a coven have indeed come to this
Anna
Oct 18, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires, young-adult
A perfect teen-read for Halloween.

Raven, a 16 year old goth, loves vampires and wishes to meet one. Her greatest desire comes to reality when 17 year old Alexander moves to the creepy mansion up the hill. He is so mysterious that he never gets out of his place, he paints the whole time and he is home-schooled.

Lovely like "The little vampire" and so small that is read in a couple of hours pleasantly!
Sophie
Mar 06, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book sucked. And not in the good way either.
So the main characters name is raven and she is goth. Tragically so what with her black combat boots, black lipstick, black hair. But at the saaaaame time she is a total freaking preppy girl. She argues with the hottest guy in school and she works at this travel place and at she seems completely fine with wearing bright red lipstick and a pretty red dress.
Wait whaaaaT? I thought she was goth.
Apparently she doesn't even know what goth is.
Then she b
Scribblegirl
Scale of 1-10: 2.5
Pros: Spunky heroine who isn't afraid to stand up for herself and be who she is, and more importantly, does not fit the norm.
Cons: Kitschy vernacular wore on my nerves and was caricatured, while some of the dialogue was downright painful.

Synopsis: 16-year-old Raven has wanted to be a vampire since she was 5. On the day she turns 16, a mysterious new family moves into the old mansion down the street - the very same "haunted" mansion that Raven snuck into back when she was 12. A
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Me for TeensReadToo.com

Sixteen-year-old Raven Madison started her obsession with the dark side in kindergarten. While the teacher was asking her young students what they wanted to be when they grew up and getting the typical responses of nurse, fire fighter, and football player, young Raven answered the question the only way she knew how--she wanted to grow up to be a vampire.

Raven's parents, Sarah and Paul, were typical hippies who spent their early years together waxing poetic abo
Anjali_sahu
Feb 05, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Anjali_sahu by: A stupid friend
I am sorry I picked this book.
From the story,the writing style,the characters to pretty much everything about this book made me want to throw it in a fireplace.

The story is so unengaging that I had to find solace in homework.HOMEWORK. I had to force myself to finish reading this book and that took a great effort. Good books do not require an effort to be read.You keep expeting the story to give you something interesting and it fails to do so. Everytime you think "Oh now we are getting to someth
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

In Dept

Best Part:
Pass.
Worst Part: INSTA LIKE WHOA
Thoughts Had: seriously?!; are you crazy!?; yah you're crazy.

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
eh.
Recommending: no.

Short Review:
Mizuki
Feb 11, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It looks like it was written by a 10 years old girl who wrote a fanfiction while daydreaming about a handsome vampire as her boyfriend. Not my cup of tea.
HannahCassie (PSIloveThatBook)

MORE? MORE! @ P.S. I love that book!

THE WORLD: Okay so typical paranormal, the world like we know it just with a little bit of spice in form of vampires. This is probably the book even of Twilight era when everybody suddenly was writing about vampires. One way or another, it is an easy world to follow.

CHARACTERS: Okay this book made me realize one big thing in my life and that was that I have a thing for vampire books if I love the main character. Okay maybe it sounds actually wrong because I h
Nasty Lady MJ
To see full review click here.

There’s no way I can talk about Vampire Kisses with a straight face. If it was intended on being written as a parody then Schreiber succeeded. If it was written to be a serious romance. Then…

This is bad guys. So bad. It’s like the literate version of My Immortal.

Take every Goth stereotype known to man, add some really out dated vampire references (including a cringe inducing cameo by Anne Rice), and top that off with a couple of romances that don’t make any sense th
Ginger
Nov 22, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: vampire fans
Recommended to Ginger by: no one
When I first read this book, I could not put it down. Ellen Schreiber uses a mixture of humor and darkness to tell the story of a goth girl who falls in love with a vampire. This is a book for all you classic vampire lovers and those who are into morbid comedy.

***

Edit:

Now that I look back on it, it's okay. It's not particularly special, but I still enjoy it.

Quite frankly, I'm sick of paranormal fiction. There are too many books written, especially for young adults, about it and very few are good
Marija *Who Cares If One More Light Goes Out? Well, I Do*
Actual rating: 3.5 stars.

It's been a long time since I read about a character who can be a badass and completely crazy at the same time. I adored Raven. She was such a refreshment. Although I didn't like her complete obsession with vampires and all things black, I really liked her personality. She stuck up for a girl everyone beat up, she takes no shit from anyone and she really knows what she wants - to become a vampire. Complitely delusional, I know. But that's Raven.

I liked how brave she was
Jenny Jo Weir
Bite me!

This book was recommended to me by my overdrive app and I would have never read it otherwise but I'm very glad I did. Way to go overdrive app!

I loved that this book was not long or dull. It's cute and not the same story everyone else writes about...and it wasn't 20 hours long! It seems like all the stories I have recently been reading are all freaking 12 to 18 hours long and I appreciated this author keeping it short and sweet.

Raven is a high school student obsessed with vampires. She i
Rebecca Jane
Diana Laura
Si yo tuviera 8 años menos tal vez me parecería buenísima la historia, no no me ha aburrido el libro pero todo es tan equis comparado a otros libros de vampiros que he leído y menos con ese final tan de ¿que esta pasando? ¿de verdad tengo que leerme la continuación solo para saber que va a terminar como ya se intuye? El punto a su favor es que se lee rápido.
Incorrigible_bibliophile
This was one of my favorite books as a teen.

Alexander is the new guy in Dullsville. Is he a vampire or just really into being goth? Either way, Raven, the lone goth girl among a town filled with boring prepsters is entranced.

Super quick read but it's so campy and fun.
Crazy for Young A...: ✗Pair 2: Zara and Opal (January 2015) 12 117 Jan 06, 2015 11:49PM
Are there any good vampire series that have more than 5 books and the books are pretty short? 4 38 Sep 12, 2014 08:52PM
Raven And Alexanders Relationship 2 33 Mar 25, 2014 10:28AM
vampire kisses: VK movie??? 18 58 Dec 23, 2013 11:01AM
Faviorite Quote!!! :) 11 54 Dec 17, 2013 09:37AM
  • Girls That Growl (Blood Coven Vampire, #3)
  • Sucks to Be Me: The All-True Confessions of Mina Hamilton, Teen Vampire (maybe) (Sucks to Be Me, #1)
  • Shattered Mirror (Den of Shadows, #3)
  • Night Life (Vamps, #2)
  • The Vampire Stalker
  • Love Sucks! (Bite Me, #2)
  • Twelfth Grade Kills (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #5)
  • Initiation (Vampire Beach, #2)
  • Fangs for Freaks (Half-Blood Vampires, #2)
  • Dangerous Girls (Dangerous Girls, #1)
  • Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)
  • Bloodline (Bloodline, #1)
  • The Wedding of Antanasia Jessica Packwood and Lucius Valeriu Vladescu (Jessica, #1.5)
  • Dead Is the New Black (Dead Is, #1)
  • Tantalize (Tantalize, #1)
  • Vampire High
Before I took pen to paper, I was an actress. I attended a local university majoring in theatre and spent a summer in London at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts where I learned about the “Old Bard” from amazingly talented teachers.

When I returned from London, I relocated to Chicago where I lived for five years. There, I graduated from the Second City Training Center and performed improv, Shakes
More about Ellen Schreiber...

Vampire Kisses (9 books)
  • Kissing Coffins (Vampire Kisses, #2)
  • Vampireville (Vampire Kisses, #3)
  • Dance with a Vampire (Vampire Kisses, #4)
  • The Coffin Club (Vampire Kisses, #5)
  • Royal Blood (Vampire Kisses, #6)
  • Love Bites (Vampire Kisses, #7)
  • Cryptic Cravings (Vampire Kisses, #8)
  • Immortal Hearts (Vampire Kisses, #9)
“He looked so lost, so soulful, so lonely. I wanted him to kiss me now. I wanted to let him know I was his for all eternity.” 604 likes
“Raven?'
What do you believe in?'
I believe in - finding out!”
120 likes