Start by marking “Living in the Mouth of the Wolf” as Want to Read:
Living in the Mouth of the Wolf

Living in the Mouth of the Wolf

It was World War Two, Italy: He was just a kid armed with a submachine gun and a desire to rid his country of Nazis and Fascists. His hope for survival, tenuous at best, was outweighed only by his tenacity. The youngster, who became a Partisan, was, in many ways, the personification of Italy and of the many Italians who suffered and died under the tyranny of a dictator. Wh ...more
Published November 1st 2011 by Thunderbird Press

To ask other readers questions about Living in the Mouth of the Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living in the Mouth of the Wolf

Start your review of Living in the Mouth of the Wolf
Luisa Mesones
Jan 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The author has a soft, gentle tone as he becomes the storyteller. He is precise as he guides us our feelings with the descriptions and explanations of each character. The detailed explanations of the various events of coming of age for Antonio are vivid and enthralling. The information shared of the war, Fascism, treaties, brotherhood bonds, and near death experiences kept me in suspense. The research Mr DiVita invested in this book jumps out at every turn of the page. This book is bountiful wit ...more
Elvio Angeloni
Feb 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books I have ever read--and I have spent a lifetime reading. There is not a word wasted, a scene without context, an emotion without reason, a loose end that doesn't get resolved by the end. It is written with such literary skill, with such heart and with such an orderly development the reader may easily forget that it is based on a true story. Did I love it? Absolutely!
Austin Klauder
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Salvatore Divita's story makes for a unique and interesting read. The way Divita lays out his story with information based around the events that lead up to the main character Antonio's birth really adds value to the story and shows how much Divita was devoted to creating a story that is memorable and enjoyable to read. The amount of detail is extraordinarily present throughout the entirety of the book. While reading, the book helps to gradually build a relationship between you and the character ...more
Cheryl
Feb 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Salvatore DiVita takes the role of a storyteller in Living in the Mouth of the Wolf. Antonio Ghezzo is a hero, and DiVita brought his story to life in a way most people could not. The writing is smooth, lyrical, so vivid that as you're reading, it's easy to play a movie in your head, see life through Antonio's eyes. Important characters are complex, places are described with color and texture.

I know I will never be able to personally, completely feel the fear and turmoil surrounding the charact
Dan
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It was great the way Divita shows the development of Mussolini coming to power and how his dictatorship directly affected Antonio's life. There's just enough info about characters and events without being overwhelming and the story truly becomes a page turner as the details of Antonio's journey continues. I brought the book on vacation and was done in a few days. An enjoyable read.
Mhd
Dec 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: history
Based on a true story. I had no idea of everything that went on in World War II for families in Italy or what the Partisans faced. Teenagers fighting in wars is obviously not a new concept. The Epilogue (and what happened to many of the people later) was especially interesting.
Lnares
Dec 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I have read. Excellent story telling mixed with a good historical perspective of WW II through the perspective of the Italian people. I felt like I was with Antonio during all of his ordeals.
Matt
Feb 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaway-books
A fun and interesting read. Thanks for the giveaway.
David Durben
Jan 31, 2012
Anthony Ghezzo
Jan 10, 2012
Salvatore DiVita
Dec 26, 2011 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Gregg