Start by marking “Prince of Air and Darkness” as Want to Read:
Prince of Air and Darkness

Prince of Air and Darkness

It’s not easy being the son of evil incarnate…

Hunter Teague is the prince of the Unseelie Court, the dark half of Faerie. Raised in an atmosphere of unspeakable cruelty, Hunter has learned the lessons of his mother, the Queen of Air and Darkness, and he’s ready to put them to use. He’s on a mission, one that will shift the balance of power in Faerie forever: he will seduce
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 231 pages
Published December 23rd 2011 by Jenna Black (first published September 30th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Prince of Air and Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prince of Air and Darkness

Kathy (Kindle-aholic)
Dec 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr
Good, quick paranormal romance with a couple of fight scenes (although I wouldn't call it battle-heavy at all). This one deals with the Unseelie and Seelie courts of the Fae and I'm also happy to say that it's one that doesn't feed into the immortality fantasy. Too often you only see the "I'll be young forever!" side, but there is another side, the side where you have to give up your humanity, that I think is glossed over. Not here.

Hunter is the half-mortal son of the Queen of Air and Darkness,
Melindeeloo
Prince of Air and Darkness started out as a serial freebie on Jenna Black's website. Hunter, the half-human son of the cruel Unseelie Queen, and practical website designer Kiera who always though her mother was crazy for thinking that the father that Kara never knew was the Seelie King. Hunter is sent to seduce Kara so as to produce a child with both Seelie and Unseelie blood to be used as a pawn in the Queen's plan to rule both Fae kingdoms. If Hunter balks in his mission, punishment and death ...more
Lucy Qhuay

Ridiculous writing, plot and characters. Far from original, too.

I don't know what got into me that I could think for one second this would be enjoyable.
Elizabeth
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Spoilers:
Saving 1 farm by killing the crops in all the surrounding counties and probably dooming many other family farms isn't romantic!
Sherre Copeland
Mar 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was a sexy, steamy world that I could not get enough of.

Prince of Air and Darkness started out as a bit of free reading on the Author's website while bored at work, then once I got to the steamy scenes, I had to call it quits. (No one wants someone else to walk into their cubicle as a somewhat inappropriate word crosses into their field of vision.) I planned to read at home but forgot. Finally, when I got back to it, I was saddened to see that it was now being
Marianne Boutet
Dec 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Sometimes you just have to go with your gut. Good read.
Noname Watershed
Aug 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Good.
Katherine McCarthy
Dec 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
My Thoughts

Suspenseful and captivating, this is a well-crafted story with the essence of a wonderful paranormal romance.

Both characters matured substantially throughout the course of this novel. Until they met each other, they were nonchalant about love and detached from others. But who could stay the same after someone says this to you…
“I want you more than I want my next breath, he whispered, making her own breath hitch. I can’t promise you a future. Hell, I can’t promise myself one. But I ca
Bookmom
Dec 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Hunter Teague is the immortal half-human son of the Unseelie’s Queen of Air and Darkness, and even he’s too afraid of her sadistic punishments to go against her orders. So he takes it in stride when told to seduce and impregnate the mortal half-human daughter of the Seelie’s King Finvarra so that the queen could have some power over both courts with the child. It should be fairly easy. Kiera Malone isn’t someone he’d normally give a second look to, but she’s not bad.

Kiera, a web designer, can’t
Mara
Feb 15, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: PNR fans
Shelves: pnr
Let me start with a warning: this review is going to be more personal than usual. This is very a good PNR romance that avoids the most common pitfalls and problems in the genre, simply as an example, lust at first sight, an HEA without costs. Here we have lust at first sight, it's glamour, but the heroine is able to resist. (Yeah!) And the HEA has a price, for both the hero and heroine. (This is something really fresh, from what I can see.)

So this story has a great potential and is probably a ve
Irene
Aug 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Prince of Air and Darkness by Jenna Black is a very cute approach to the Faerie myths. I really like it :)

It's about two half-faes - one member of Unseelie Court and son to the Unseelie Queen of Air and Darkness, the other one - daughter of the Seelie King who does't believe in Fae and sometimes thinks her mother to be a lunatic. So Hunter is told to seduce Kiera so that she will bear a child - the heir to both Seelie and Unseelie courts. But he fell in love and couldn't go through with the task
PepperP0t
Actually 3.75 stars

Mommy Dearest was the sweetest personality of the Unseelie Queen of Air and Darkness in her quest to have influence over both fae courts. In this fast paced read, Prince of Air and Darkness, Hunter Teague, has been given an assignment by mommy. Seduce, impregnate and abandon half fae, Princess Kiera Malone. And she's sent one of her more ruthless enforcers to ensure her will is done.

Of course one of the things wrong with this scenario is Kiera doesn't know she half fae, anoth
Katie
Apr 07, 2015 rated it did not like it
I'm not sure if Miss Black has another series following the timeline of the lovechild created in this book, I haven't checked, but I'm just going to assume she has because that's what this book felt like. She needed to create a convenient backstory for this super awesome powerful lady to grow up human and have a hidden heritage.

So like, romance was mostly unbelievable, I got the chemistry and sexual tension but things just went from 0 to 60 back down to 0 and then back up again. I felt llike the
Kylatia
Dec 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, paranormal
This book was one of my major excitements about getting a kindle. I read a few other books by the author and when I saw this one was a digital version only it helped push me into getting my new toy. I wasn't disappointed.

The story is good, it's not a basic she's MINE and everything will work out all right because they are soul mates. The action was good, the whole plot idea was different, and I love the crunchy evil outside of Hunter and the soft inside. I also like how Kiera holds her own agai
MartyAnne
May 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I know what to expect from Jenna Black, so I give it 5 stars for being just what I wanted when I downloaded her latest. A fey/fairie tale with impossible realities and some transformation through love and a pleasing ending.

What about the sex? This one is halfway between YA and Adult in terms of the sex scenes --
there are some, but not the same level as her Adult books. Which I think is appropriate.
Pam
Jan 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-read
This was an enjoyable, quick read. Perfect for being holed up at home during a blizzard (Snow-pocalypse '14). I liked the two main characters...Hunter and Kiera. Hunter, for being Unseelie, has managed to retain enough of his humanity to not behave in horrendous ways. Kiera was able to see and love the humanity in Hunter. Kiera's Mom and best friend provided comic relief...giggling through most of their scenes. Just a fun one sitting read.
Mare
Jul 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After I finished Sirensong (Faeriewalker, #3), I realized I wanted to see what else Ms. Black has written & I was pleasantly surprised to see she had 2 free reads on her web-site... this was one of them & also about fae. I really enjoyed it!
Hunter & Keira are two half-fae children that are brought together though an Unseelie plan to use their potential child to take over both Seelie Court & UnSeelie Court. This quick read, follows Jenna Blacks different view of fae that I recomme
Steffy
Dec 31, 2011 rated it liked it
I liked the prince of Air and Darkness, I’m usually not so hot on Adult paranormal romance but I’m a big Jenna Black fan so I wanted to read it and I was right it was fun.
I really liked Kiera, she is fun and I like how she doesn’t fall in Hunter’s arm straight away.
I like Hunter too, his struggle between his ‘cruel’ unseelie side and his human side.
I really enjoyed the book and I’m positive that you , fan of adult urban paranormal romance will LOVE it.

Stars 3.5/5
Christina
Aug 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Pretty good. Although, for me, who isn't into PNR/Fantasy type stuff...it was a bit confusing as to who was what and what were what. The love story could easily have been a contemporary minus the Unseelie Court and Fey "people."
Jenika Ioffreda
Nov 12, 2013 rated it liked it
2.5 stars.
The book wasn't bad but I was expecting much better from Jenna Black!!! Her Morgan Kingsley series was much more developed and catching.
Anyway I want to try to read something more from Ms. Black, hopefully next books will be more interesting...

Readsalot81
May 20, 2012 rated it did not like it
Was actually a DNF. I'm so disappointed. I usually enjoy books by this author very much. The heroine didn't do much for me, and the hero.GAH. Mope, sulk, whine, despair..How was I supposed to be motivated to like this guy? holy hell. Yuck.
Reza
Jan 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Decent but somehow uninspired, a bit derivative of Laurell K. Hamilton's faerie court.
Angela
Feb 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Adult only. Love Jenna Black.
Michelle Cummings
I liked that this was a quick read, that it was a pnr, and that there was a decent romance.
Nina
Sep 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
I liked how the story was not too focused on the fey and their culture but you only read about the stuff that was related to the story.
Susana
Mar 02, 2012 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars
Nani Rodriguez
Sep 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
It was alright...would've done better as a short story I think. I feel like it was drawn out longer than necessary. But all in all, pretty good plot. Very interesting characters.
Erin
Jul 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
I really liked the idea of the plot but the character interactions were boring.
Annelise
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I like the characters. Specially her mom. She was a hoot.
Pam
Feb 06, 2016 rated it liked it
It took quite awhile to get going for me, but once it did it was pretty good.

• Deadman's Blood (Blood Series, #5)
  • Immortal of My Heart (Immortal Series, #2)
  • King of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #3)
  • Sleeper Wakes (Blue Fire, #2)
  • Dragonfyre (Druid's Glen, #6)
  • Haven (Tranquilli Bloodline, #1)
  • Hellcursed (The Shadowfae Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Immortal Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #5)
  • Forever Enchanted (Fairies of Rush, #2)
  • Dragon Dance (Dragon Queen, #2)
  • Berta's Choice (The Soul-Linked Saga, #5.5)
  • Trapped (Legend, #3)
  • A Faerie Fated Forever (Forever, #1)
  • Artistic Vision (The Gray Court, #3)
  • Bewitching You (Bewitching Women, #1)
Jenna Black is your typical writer. Which means she's an "experience junkie." She got her BA in physical anthropology and French from Duke University.

Once upon a time, she dreamed she would be the next Jane Goodall, camping in the bush making fabulous discoveries about primate behavior. Then, during her senior year at Duke, she did some actual research in the field and made this shocking discovery