Start by marking “Indian Hill (Indian Hill, #1)” as Want to Read:
Indian Hill (Indian Hill, #1)

Indian Hill (Indian Hill #1)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  1,522 Ratings  ·  98 Reviews
A Michael Talbot Adventure: This first story is about an ordinary boy, who grows up in relatively normal times to find himself thrust into an extra-ordinary position. Growing up in suburban Boston he enjoys the trials and tribulations that all adolescents go through. From the seemingly tyrannical mother, to girl problems to run-ins with the law. From there he escapes to co ...more
Published October 31st 2011 by Createspace (first published July 17th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Indian Hill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Indian Hill

Gerard
Jul 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Read the series from 1-3, straight through and all I can say is fantastic. I am not a big SF fan but as it shares the same main character as in ZF series I felt I had to give it a go. Similar style as ZF but with a twist and vibe that makes the reading of this series a joy and fresh in the post-apocalyptic genre. I wish that when it all ends Mark Tufo finds a way to link it all together. Here is my idea, ZF happens but at the end a time machine sends an assassin back to take out the main baddie, ...more
Jane Manning
Apr 12, 2013 rated it did not like it
I can't understand the good reviews this book got. While I love Science
fiction. I swear a fifteen year old boy wrote this book.
Cliche' quotes at every page.
Wrote more about throwing up than I needed to know.
And sexual fantasies that a teenage boy would have and wrote about like
someone with half a brain would be interested in.
Maybe teenagers like this stuff, but I found it just too boring.
Raven Wolfgang
Nov 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mike-talbot
Awesome book,
This is a Mike Talbot book, just a diffrent Mike from the zombie fallout series (which i also love) just think of it as a multi-verse type Mike, if he dont have to fight zombies he's got to put up with this insted,

the book its self is great, well written and is full of all the witty sarcasm that we know and love from Mike, and also a few other names you may know (if you read zombie fallout series first)

I 100% loved this book now on to book 2
Billie
May 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
Ugh, so I got about halfway through this before giving up.

Main character is super male "I'm a nice guy and really noble" can do no wrong type. Female characters serve no purpose other than as the male characters hareem. Not one of them has a personality.

Lots of the female characters are raped then killed, and it's not even used as an important part of the story, it's more like a totem for what's the worst thing the author could think of.
Biscuit
While this is advertised as a Mike Talbot adventure, if you've read the Zombie Fallout series, I will say it has nothing to do with that Mike and Paul. It's like an alternate dimension Mike and Paul.

The Good: Tight story, lots of action, likable characters. The writing is such that you don't mind The Bad. The Big Bad in the story is interesting, and Mark takes the time to flesh them out in such a way that I found them genuinely interesting, and wanted to know more.

The Bad: I can't really get in
Arnold Lundwall
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun read! Yes, a bit too colloquial at times, but it is all from the protagonist’s journal entries so for that, totally acceptable and entertaining! Can’t wait to read the next one!
Melissa Mulvihill
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audible, sci-fi, fiction
Big fan of all the other Tufo series. Sean Runette was perfect Talbot as always with his spot on narration. I liked the back story showing us how young Mike Talbot grew up. I was a little on the eye rolling is this a male fantasy driven plot ALL the way through side of my decision about this first book. Spoilers: tied up helpless women, aliens make men divide their time in captivity between fighting to the death AND sex...with an ever increasing variety of women. As one of THE main storylines. N ...more
Kathy Geiser
Sep 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great book. I discovered Tufo's books this summer. I have loved every thing I have read of his so far. Although Indian Hill is not quite as good as the Zombie Fallout series I will still highly recommend it. I have fallen for Mark Talbot who is the main character in both ZF series and the IH'S series. He is a underdog but things have a way of working out for him. Mostly by accident. His mouth has a way of getting him into trouble and I can so identify with that. Great writer. Will continue to be ...more
Steven Simpson
Jul 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sifi
Just finished Mark Tufo's Indian Hill, it is about the main charater from the Zombie Fallout series, Michael Talbot, but he is only 19 and abducted by an alien species far superior to ours and made to fight as a gladiator to the death with fellow humans. Great story, easy to read action packed and give's a excelent acount of why Talbot is such a bad ass when it comes to killing Zombies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(less)
Mkittysamom
So I re-read ZOMBIE Fallout and The first Book of Riley today and was curious about this series as it says it’s about Mike’s younger days at maybe in an alternate universe type story.. and I love me anything about the Talbot Family and written by Mark Tufo. This was interesting and now I get the reference in ZFallout.. where Mike goes “Deb.. do I know you from somewhere?” Lol.. as there is a Deb I This story.. unless Mr. Tufo had something else in mind.. I Don’t know but it seems to fit.. so ins ...more
Bobby J
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Deserves 4.5 stars. somewhat similar to hunger games they say, but I find it to be an amazing independent story. I like it. the character building was very good. glad that I read this. now gonna read the second part of it. if you like aliens, ships, battles, emotions, and fantasy, this is the book you need.
also, the audiobook narration... by Sean Runnette, is as beautiful as ever.
AudioBookReviewer
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My full Indian Hill (Indian Hill Book 1) audiobook review can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

When I read the summary I was a little confused and disappointed that it was the same main character as that series. But what could be better than a zombie series, why an alien invasion series of course. I have been a big science fiction fan since I was a kid so I was interested to hear Tufo’s spin on it.

Once I started the audiobook I immediately had apprehension with the cast line being almost exactly t
Pauline
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, action
Some people get stuck on the social issues as they see them in this book. Frankly, I think they forget that the main character is just out of high school and he's going to display some immature traits. The story itself is very good - couldn't put the book away, stayed up late to continue reading.

The plot begins with two best friends who go to college, one of whom remains a player and the other who falls for a woman who wants to remain a player - but that is not the main theme of this book/story
Tonja
Oct 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
i just finished the first book and had to immediately start the second. I really enjoy Mark Tufo's writing style. It's smooth paced and has a sense of humor that is refreshing in the genre of apocalypse weather it be alien or zombie. If you have read the Zombie fallout books, you will notice that the character is the sameish Mike Talbot. I love this. Just try to think of an alternate universe thing. Sameish guy, different catastrophe.

Alien subject matter can be tricky. The aliens can come of ch
Linda
Jun 01, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: first-reads
When I came home today, I found my autographed copy of Indian Hill, obtained via a Goodreads FirstReads giveaway, in the mail. I recently had an eyesight issue(detached retina) and was not able to read books easily. I have been cautiously optimistic about my returning vision and decided to read the first few pages. I enjoyed the humor of his dedication to his multitasking wife and his choice to explain the same character in this series and the Zombie Fallout series (which I have not read) as his ...more
Brandon
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome book from Mark Tufo. I can never get enough of Mike Talbot. This book perfectly falls in line with our beloved hero from the Zombie Fallout series. There were less hilarious rants than usual, but still a few that had me audibly cracking up.

The story is very well written and structured. The origins of Mike, Paul, and Dennis' friendship were well done. His experience aboard the ship was exciting and definitely had more than it's share of drama. Paul and Dennis' actions paralleling
Summers
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Would have been better if shorter. Plot is alians kidnap humans and make them fight in deathmatches. Of course this is setup for larger multi-book story about kicking alien butt. I would have liked it just being a battle royal and the reward being the aliens don't wipe them out.

MC was brooding, for good reason, but not fun to read given that the girls have it worse.
The girls have it the worst, they are given out as spoils as war, and that would not be a problem if most of the competitors stayed
Mark Swenson
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Loki captain. We later discover he was about 14 in 1984. Then, at 19, he is playing Punchout as a college student (1989) while simultaneously a Captain in the US marines is briefing a President that is a Democrat (George HW Bush?)...then it jumps back to 1985...with Punch-out!!! (1987)...WTF!?!

And the conversational style as well as the protagonist's obsession with "big tits" and shitty beer is maddening.

I have books 2 and 3...hopefully they won't be as hard to read...

I'm not sure I will make i
Claire Hampton
Jan 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great series of books although its a mike talbot story it's so different that there is no comparison in this mike and zombie mike

Marks style of writing is so simple and easy to relate to and he has an awesome ability to add a sense of humour that had me laughing out loud
Bobby newman
Aug 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
"Indian Hill" follows Mike Talbot in his never ending pain that has been pursuing him in every dimension. In the first installment Talbot starts collage and get abducted and has to fight his way to freedom. Another good series from my favorite upcoming author.
Kristen
May 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love every book Mark had put out so far!
Maxwell Reitkopf
It was a good book but totally not what i expected. I thought it would be about the child life of the main charecter but instead it started like that then he got take by aliens it was odd.
Lee
May 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If you havent read this book yet the question i have is why not trust me you will enjoy this a lot and will lea you on to more of mikes books.
Christy Thornbrugh
Dec 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
I like this book , Love the fallout books more but this was a great read i cant wait to get to get the second one to read it Thank you Mr. Tufo for all your books i am so ready for your new ones
Hope York
Dec 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
pretty much love anything Mark Tufo writes!
Gretchen Haraldson
Apr 22, 2018 rated it liked it
So not like Zombie Fallout.
I LOVE Zombie Fallout but this book was written like a 16 year olds’ wet dream. An average 19 year old kid (not with an overly strong physique) is able to one by one take out strong men he has to fight. All the while he maintains a kind heart and strong morals. Of course this means that he saves the tied up women. The women become his harem and are jealous for his attention and ready to satisfy his needs. But no, he is holding out for the one...the one all the men are
Anne
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Think Hunger Games (ish) in space.
I picked to read this book because I've read everything else that has been written by this author and everyone on the Facebook Page raved about it. (well, almost everything. I can't get the courage to read Timothy)
I loved this book, it wasn't like I expected although I'm not really sure what I expected. If that makes any sence. I have loved all the Mark Tufo's books I've read.
Mike is his usual witty, sarcastic and accidentally lucky main character who I laughed
Deirdre Toby
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Talbot seems to find trouble no matter what alternate universe he's in!

Forget the Zombie Apocalypse, this time it's an alien invasion from outer space!
I realize I'm a little late to the party since it seems most Tufo fans have already found this world, but better late than never, right?
Mike attends a concert in college and is abducted and forced to fight for his life....in a gladiator arena for the amusement of space aliens.

This alternate universe/timeline is taking me awhile to get into but
Gil
Dec 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The origin of Mike Talbot

I've read the Zombie Fallout and Lycan series so this is a prequel for me. I'm happy that I choose to start the Indian Hills series as it lends insight to the development of the Mike Talbot character. You can tell this was the first time Talbot was introduced to the world, you can see early glimpses of the Talbot to come. Although this story was a little juvenile and misogynistic the insight to the future Talbot is revealed.
David
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Indian Hill

Great storyline, Mike is built up slowly and his personality is refined through each experience he goes through. It's a wonderful read, about Humanity's inhumanity to each other. But in end that is What can make the difference in our fight against the aggressive Aliens. The entire Human race will have to fight to survive. Fab
  • Necrophobia (Zombie Apocalypse #1)
  • Taking it Back (White Flag of the Dead, #2)
  • Return (A New World, #2)
  • This Shattered Land  (Surviving the Dead, #2)
  • Undead Tales
  • Dead Hunger (Dead Hunger #1)
  • Degeneration (Degeneration #1)
  • Extinction Level (Secret Apocalypse Book 2)
  • Among the Living
  • Rise of the Horde (Zombie Attack #1)
  • Rise Again Below Zero (Rise Again, #2)
  • Evolution (LZR-1143, #2)

Indian Hill (7 books)
  • Reckoning (Indian Hill, #2)
  • Conquest (Indian Hill, #3)
  • From The Ashes (Indian Hill #4)
  • Into the Fire (Indian Hill #5)
  • Victory's Defeat (Indian Hill, #6)
  • Defeat's Victory (Indian Hill, #7)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Matter (Odyssey One, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • The Birthday of the World and Other Stories
    $11.49 $1.99
  • Obsidian Son (The Temple Chronicles, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • CyberStorm
  • Departure
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Renegades (Renegades, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Nexis (Tricksters, #1)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Spindle Fire (Spindle Fire #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Logan's Run: Vintage Movie Classics (A Vintage Movie Classic)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Pandemic (The Extinction Files #1)